• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley (Vote on the Smash Poll!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yes.

Also, I love Oasis_S's new avatar.
Alright, lets take votes...

Just so everyone knows, it's gonna be a Beach shot with all the Nintend girls (yes, including Marth).

Who wants to see Impa wearing a bikini?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, I updated my moveset with a Final Smash, and removed Oasis_S's name from the title of the thread.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We've gone a little off topic here haven't we? Well here's the Ashley support drawing I promised to get us back on track. Not sure if it turned out all right but oh well... Hope you enjoy.

Speaking of Ashley, have we discussed yet how her other animations would look like? You know, like her victory, lose, sleeping, swimming and taunts etc?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We've gone a little off topic here haven't we? Well here's the Ashley support drawing I promised to get us back on track. Not sure if it turned out all right but oh well... Hope you enjoy.

Speaking of Ashley, have we discussed yet how her other animations would look like? You know, like her victory, lose, sleeping, swimming and taunts etc?
Nice artwork! I like your style of drawing! :)

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
I think her defeat animation would involve her casting a dark glance at the victor. and one of her taunts would probably be a damage taunt, but I can't really seem to picture anything beyond that :\...

Well, either way, I'm pretty much all for seeing Ashley make it into the game :).

Also, I'm wondering what her alternate color schemes would be. maybe one of them would be pink and red with orange hair as a nod to Penny Crygor, and another would be blue and white as a nod to Young Cricket.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think her defeat animation would involve her casting a dark glance at the victor. and one of her taunts would probably be a damage taunt, but I can't really seem to picture anything beyond that :\...
Showing a dark glance at the victor? Like she does in my avatar? That would be perfect! :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey Wario fans, does this list contain all of WarioWare AS WELL AS Land's Promintent, Important, and Fan Favorites?

Wario
Ashley
Captain Syrup
Jimmy T.
Mona
Orublon
Shake King

I'm not looking to simply expand this list, but to add any characters that fit one of those THREE categories. Unless you have a personal fave, then I'll add them :)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey Wario fans, does this list contain all of WarioWare AS WELL AS Land's Promintent, Important, and Fan Favorites?

Wario
Ashley
Captain Syrup
Jimmy T.
Mona
Orublon
Shake King

I'm not looking to simply expand this list, but to add any characters that fit one of those THREE categories. Unless you have a personal fave, then I'll add them :)
add Kat and Ana. they are prominent and important, dunno about fan favorite.

D

Deleted member

ASHLEY MOVESET:
Ashley’s main focus is based around being able to mount or dismount her Broom. While on the broom she has much more mobility but somewhat limited attack options. She is a Status Afflicting Hit-and-Run character. Her broom gives her the mobility to move around and avoid foes quite easily, also making her tricky to KO. And her diverse range of spells and curses lets her drop her foes’ attack, defense and speed making them easier for her to kill. She lacks many powerful killing moves, and is very lightweight and frail, but makes up or it with her superior range and mobility, boasting the best recovery move in the game. Her general strategy focuses around debilitating her foes with Spells, Hexes and Curses, while racking up damage to earn kills with some of her ranged attacks.

The moves:

Specials:

B- Switch Spell: Ashley will cycle and through a series of different spells available to her:

-Attack Dropping Spell: Lowers enemy attack and knockback for a limited time, around 10-15 seconds. Can be stacked up to three times. It is colored Deep Red and is shaped like a bolt of Lightining, it fires forward and homes in on opponents. Has decent range and comes out rather fast, the recovery frames are to be watched out for though.

-Defense Dropping Spell: Lowers enemy defense making them more susceptible to Ashley’s weaker moves for a limited time (around 30 seconds). It is Ashley’s primary form of earning KO’s as KOing a foe without dropped defenses will be difficult for her. Can be stacked thrice. This move comes out a little slower than the attack dropping curse, it is also of shorter range. It’s shaped like a Violet Gust of wind , but the duration is also longer.

Speed Dropping Curse: Creates a white flash of short range that makes the opponent move in slow motion. Not stackable, only lasts 2 seconds, can’t be used continuously.

Hellish Curse: One of Ashley’s primary killing techniques. She deals 25% damage to herself to do a powerful close range attack that does massive damage. She will curse her foe, and 10 seconds after, they will be struck by Bad Luck causing them to take a lot of damage and possibly earning a kill. The move is a gamble, like G&W techs, as the damage will vary on what happens to the foe, however, it can pay off and be quite satisfying if used correctly.

Side B- Cast Spell: Ashley will cast whatever spell she has, the effects and properties of the attack depends on the spell. Can also be used in Mid-Air and on the Broom.

Up B- Broom: Ashley transforms Red into a Broom and mounts it to fly around on it. The control is unlimited, you can fly in any direction you want for a limited time. The amount of duration depends on how much magic you’ve charged. Over time, magic will charge, which will allow you to use the Broom. The longer you wait without using the Broom, the more it will charge. While on the Broom you can still use your special attacks, and Ashley will have a few different Normal attacks.

-Pressing Up A while on the Broom will make Ashley do a loop while on the Broom. Using this move exhausts more magic. It’s a great move for avoiding attacks, and it does decent knockback on impact.
-A will make Ashley summon a sprite which will attack automatically. The damage done by this is very minor, but it does good stun, the sprite will stay active until Magic runs out. Using the Sprite will wear out more magic than usual.
-Forward A will make Ashley do a multi-hitting spin. This consumes a bit of Magic on use.
-Down A will make Ashley do a quick break. Uses a bit of Magic on use.
Up B again will make Ashley dismount the Broom.

Down B- Hex Zone: Ashley, casts an AOF attack on a zone where all foes who enter it are harmed by evil spirits. It can be used in Mid-air and on the ground. There is no knockback from this move, but damage is consistent. Ashley can only cast one of these at a time. And the start up time on it is relatively long, so it’s best used when there is a decent opportunity.

Neutrals (on ground):
Neutral A- A simple lightning spell that drains energy and stuns foes while used. Can be held down for continuous damage, however the stun effect wears off rather quickly, it also has a slow start. Using this move allows Ashley to charge magic for her broom much more quickly as it drains it form her foes. It has medium range, just far enough to stay safe from foes. But close enough to make comebacks a threat on a wiff. Homes in on foes at closer ranges. Think SIth Lightning.
Side A- Commands Red to attack, Red will dash at her his foe and tackle them. Not much delay, but the attack lasts long enough to allow Ashley to string moves while it takes place. A very good combo starter.
Up A- Ashley twirls around hitting her foes with her twintails. Very quick start, and a great follow up, not much range though. Hits 3-5 times and has very few recovery frames.
Down A- Gravity Rune, Ashley places down a Gravity Rune which slows down foes and makes them heavier.
Dash A- Ashley stumbles after running. She hits her opponent with Mr. Bunny while trying to regain balance.
Side Smash- Ashley Smacks her foe with Mr. Bunny. Has surprising range, and can make a good poke uncharged, and is considerably powerful at full charge.
Down Smash- A more powerful version of her NA. At full charge it releases a mean bolt than can KO with the hexes and at high damages. Only fires directly in front of her, but it has better range than her NA. The longer the charge the better the range as well. Has more knockback at closer ranges.
Up Smash- She holds up her magic wand and casts a blast above her head. It’s quick enough to be good AA, but it’s not too powerful without charge. However, at full charge she hair whitens and her eyes turn red, releasing a decently powerful blast that can KO. The hitbox is radial meaning that opponents will be sent flying in the direction of the angle that they were hit from.

Aerials:
Nair- Ashley twirls in mid-air. The prime hitbox is at her feet for this move. It’s a meteor Smash. However, it’s a tricky one as she gains a bit of air when using this move. This is especially hindering considering Ashley’s slow falling speed.
Uair- Ashley turns Red into an umbrella. The impact is at the opening of the umbrella. You can hold A to maintain the umbrella open and have Ashley descend slowly. Similar to Peach’s parasol, however, Ashley doesn’t have the added benefit of her horizontal mobility, her can slightly move left or right, but only a bit. Likewise foes can be hurt while the parasol is open, but the hitbox is only at the side, and it’s of minimal stun, meaning heavy foes bypass it completely.
Fair- Ashley whacks foes with Mr. Bunny. It’s a quick swipe and a great Short Hop follow up to her Side A. In fact a basic Ashley combo goes like: SideA>SH>Fair>UpA>Down Smash>NeutA
Bair- Ashley turns Red into her wand and whacks foes with it doing two spins. It’s a simple combo buffer, does decent damage, but not much knockback.
Dair- Ashley turns Red into her Wand and stabs down with the hilt. Has a slight bounce of hit allowing for multi-hits for those with quick fingers.

Final Smash:
You are TOAST: Her hair turns white and her eyes red while she casts a powerful spell that turns all foes into pieces of buttered toast for around 10 seconds making them easier to KO. However, being the clutz she is, it is possible for Ashley to screw up, turning herself into Toast for 10 seconds.

Drawings, character properties, hitboxes and attack percentages coming soon so stay tuned.

Oh yeah, thoughts and criticism plox.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
:facepalm:

Man, I can't believe I completely forgot to add Manly's moveset to the OP. Oh well, better late than never.

D

Deleted member

:facepalm:

Man, I can't believe I completely forgot to add Manly's moveset to the OP. Oh well, better late than never.
Well, you might wanna wait. I'm gonna update it soon with Pictures and Stats.

D

Deleted member

*See's Manly's take on Ashley's Final Smash*
Would I be wrong in saying Billy and Mandy had an influence there?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
*See's Manly's take on Ashley's Final Smash*
Would I be wrong in saying Billy and Mandy had an influence there?
I thought of the same thing. That one episode that parodies the Pokemon Trading Card Game and Grim brings all the cards to life, and Mandy makes up a new monster which is basically a giant piece of toast. Something like that at least, it's been a while since I've seen that show.

D

Deleted member

I thought of the same thing. That one episode that parodies the Pokemon Trading Card Game and Grim brings all the cards to life, and Mandy makes up a new monster which is basically a giant piece of toast. Something like that at least, it's been a while since I've seen that show.
It was a crudely drawn humanoid monster that "made toast of the other monsters". When Grim brought it to life, that sentence became literal, as it turned the other monsters into toast.

It was aptly named "Mandy's Monster".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh man, how could I not catch that reference?

Not watching the cartoon for a few years has taken its toll. (>_>)

D

Deleted member

@Yuii

Actually, the influence came from her song where she mentions turning people into toast and spoons.

Link to the episode though? I sure do love Billy and Mandy.

D

Deleted member

@Yuii

Actually, the influence came from her song where she mentions turning people into toast and spoons.

Link to the episode though? I sure do love Billy and Mandy.
I don't know where you can find it online, but I know Netflix has added a bunch of CN shows to their playlist.
The episode is called "It's Hokey Mon".

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Considering I hate Wario (not his fighting style, his character), Ashley would be a pleasant alternative to the fat man. If Warioware is to get another rep, its definitely her.

D

Deleted member

I agree, I can see another Warioware character getting in if enough support is voiced for Sakurai to recognize it. After all, some ATs were added because of that. Now if Ash gets in as an AT, that's great news for her future in Warioware.

Ashley Touhou Game please!!

As well as her shots for Smash 5.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I wont both Kamek and Ashley, but couldn't decide. SmashBros needs more mages!
Best would be Tharja :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom