• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley (Vote on the Smash Poll!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Suddenly this became the best thread in existance.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My, what is going on here?

I don't exactly expect her or something, but she does have the potential to be a unique character.
That brings me the question... am I the only person here who DOESN'T HATE characters?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not the best thread in existence until someone brings out the hummus and chips. :glare:
Dude, we're just on 3 pages and we've already made the beginnings of a new legend. Also, you greedy ******** can't bring your own chips? Dunno what hummus is though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dude, we're just on 3 pages and we've already made the beginnings of a new legend. Also, you greedy *******s can't bring your own chips? Dunno what hummus is though.
I'd rather have popcorn, actually. And what is hummus anyway?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Come on guys. A simple Google image search can do the trick for that. Here I'll help.
Thank you very much! :)
*feels bad after NOT Googling it*

And what's with Habanero's constant references to food?

Anyway, this is an Ashley thread, remember?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My, what is going on here?

I don't exactly expect her or something, but she does have the potential to be a unique character.
That brings me the question... am I the only person here who DOESN'T HATE characters?
Nope. I like pretty much any character suggested as well.

And hummus tastes.....odd.

D

Deleted member

What was the name of that webcomic? I remember reading a chapter dealing with Hentai, **** was funny as hell.

Anyway, to stay on topic, here's the General premise behind Ashley's moveset, strategy and abilities Koopa. I'll flesh out the moveset later, including little drawings like I did for the Lyn thread.

Ashley Warioware Moveset:

Stat Afflicting/Hit-and-Run character.
She focuses on Turtling by keeping away while casting status afflicting curses to weaken her foes. Then swooping in for a kill, or earning a 'sneaky' kill on her foes. An unusual character and difficult to Master, but one that is filled with potential. Lightweight and frail, uses her superior range and mobility to stay away and attack from afar. Coincidentally, she also boasts one of the best recovery moves in the game.

Possible Curses/Hexes:

Defense Dropping Curse: Drops foe’s defense for a limited time so they take more damage from attacks and fly farther when hit. Stackable. Ashley’s primary form of earning kills.

Attack Dropping Curse: Drops foe’s attack for a limited time so they deal less damage when attacking. Stackable.

Speed Dropping Curse: Casts a curse that drops foe’s Speed momentarily making them Run Slower and attack slower. Not Stackable.

Gravity Rune: An AOE curse that makes characters heavier when entering the zone of the curse. The fly less far when hit, but also move slower, and jump less high. ( Cannot be used in mid air?)

Hex Zone: An AOE hex that creates a temporary area that harms foes when they enter it.

Hellish Curse: Similar to Pokemon’s curse, she deals damage to herself to cast a curse on her foe that takes a moment to happen, but deals MASSIVE DAMAGE. Must be right in front of her foe to cast the attack and it has some start up delay, making it a risky move, but a good killing move.
Y
ou Are TOAST: Casts a long range spell that turns her opponents into a piece of Toast, making them easier to K.O. The opponents can still move, and attack while in this form, but their moves are much limited. The transformation only lasts a few seconds, around 5-7, and landing the spell is very difficult despite being a long range move as controlling the direction is tough. Also, it is possible for Ashley top accidentally use this on herself.

Mr. Bunny: Using her Stuffed Rabbit to hit foes, Ashley is able to deal considerable damage and knockback to her opponents (it’s filled with Bricks).

Red: Accompanying Ashley wherever she goes, and even teleporting to her aid, Ashley is able to command her friend to attack her foes in various ways. Not a duo character as Red is but a mere “weapon,” (he’s her Wand), but she’s also able to operate without him, using him as a distraction and a part of her arsenal. Additionally, since Red is also her Broomstick: Ashley can mount her Broomstick to fly very long distances making it one of the very best recovery moves in the game. I would compare this move to Rachel’s Wind in BB in mobility and Range, might even be THE BEST recovery move in the game. Has a limited use time, and requires charge, the longer the charge the further you can travel and longer you can use it. This is useful in keeping away and staying alive considering Ashley’s very light weight. She's also able to cast attacks and spells while ON the Broom. Additionally, she can also use her Broomstick as a weapon for some pokes and such.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm European and I knew what hummus was...

Who first made it anyway? It tastes so odd like Swampasaur said. :x

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Manly
I'm using my phone now, so I can't add your post right now. But I'll add it as soon as I get in front of the computer.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Answering Kikwi's question, apparently, hummus has Arabian origins and is popular in the Middle East and... Morocco. Let that last place sink in your head and add my nationality to the mix...
Guess you always learn something every day, even in Smash Bros. forums.

Also, Manly, you are very good at making character movesets! Kudos to you. That moveset suits Ashley well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Answering Kikwi's question, apparently, hummus has Arabian origins and is popular in the Middle East and... Morocco. Let that last place sink in your head and add my nationality to the mix...
Guess you always learn something every day, even in Smash Bros. forums.
Well now you see, the guy who first didn't even know what Hummus was has taught me who first invented Hummus. You learn from each other after all. :D

Okay we're going too off topic now. Lets stop whith the whole hummus debacle before I get tempted to draw Ashley eating hummus just to still stay on topic here. :x

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know some Moroccon words. Kifesh zagbi? ;)

You know what, if you guys really want to make the Strong one a Supporter I'd suggest drawing Ashley in a maid costume. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know what, if you guys really want to make the Strong one a Supporter I'd suggest drawing Ashley in a maid costume. :awesome:
Well I'm getting tempted to draw Ashley today anyway (Havent drawn her in years) in order to help support the thread. You guy's have any suggestions of what I should put into the drawing? (besides Ashley herself of course)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Those maid outfits are only worthy to the manliest of men.
[collapse="Watch this, if you dare!"]
[/collapse]

Well, to get on topic... I think some funny move for her would be her Final Smash would be some silly transformation hex that would make an opponent invulnerable (and suddenly reminded me of Eggplant Wizards...).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Nah, you're not the only one as long as I'm still here

I don't know anything about Ashley at all but as long as she is able to have a good, fun moveset that doesn't stray too far from her character, I'm cool with her being in the game

I feel that way for almost every character, really

And lol @ at the title, I swear Oasis hates on way more characters than he actually supports

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
[collapse="Watch this, if you dare!"]
[/collapse] I think some funny move for her would be her Final Smash would be some silly transformation hex that would make an opponent invulnerable (and suddenly reminded me of Eggplant Wizards...).
How about a spoon?

"I turned my teacher into a spoon."

D

Deleted member

@Manly
I'm using my phone now, so I can't add your post right now. But I'll add it as soon as I get in front of the computer.
Wait until I finalize it before updating, I'll try to have the whole thing in sometime this week.

I know some Moroccon words. Kifesh zagbi? ;)

I'm not gonna lie... But part of the appeal of Ashley is that she's not a sexualized character. Sexualizing a little girl always rubs me the wrong way. No matter how much time I spend on 4chan, that's just one thing that I can't quite agree with.

I dunno, having Ashley in a maid outfit... I'd draw any other female in a maid outfit before her.

Anyway, this brings up a question for a composition I wanted to make:

What are all the Nintendo females IN Smash and potential to Smash?

So far I've got:
-Peach
-TP Zelda
-SS Zelda
-Tetra
-Samus
-Palutena
-Lyn
-Micaiah (gonna keep it to just 2 FE girls with just those two, maybe I'll add Anna as well)
-Krystal
-Ashley
-Pokemon Trainer White (she's gonna be the only Pokegirl)
-Jigglypuff
-Dixie Kong

... Am I missing anyone else?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

So far I've got:
-Peach
-TP Zelda
-SS Zelda
-Tetra
-Samus
-Palutena
-Lyn
-Micaiah (gonna keep it to just 2 FE girls with just those two, maybe I'll add Anna as well)
-Krystal
-Ashley
-Jigglypuff
-Dixie Kong

Well it depends on what you mean with the word "potential" to smash. Do you mean having a chance to make it in or having a decent moveset potential? If it's the former then you're forgetting Toon Zelda, especially with the whole "forbidden seven" thing and the fact Wind Waker is getting a remake. Can't really think of any other potential females lacking in your list besides Mona I guess.

D

Deleted member

Well it depends on what you mean with the word "potential" to smash. Do you mean have a chance to make it in or having a decent moveset potential? If it's the former then you're forgetting Toon Zelda. Can't really think of any other potential females lacking in your list besides Mona I guess.
Mona's boring. Nah, just for a picture I wanna draw... Also, Tetra and Toon Zelda are the same person. One thing I've always wondered... How did Zelda change he skin color in WW?

Anyway, by potential I just mean that have a reasonable shot at getting in. So no Caeda, or any other of-the-wall choice.

1st party only, as well.

Also, Lucina is excluded because Marth is also gonna be in the picture.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mona's boring. Nah, just for a picture I wanna draw... Also, Tetra and Toon Zelda are the same person. One thing I've always wondered... How did Zelda change he skin color in WW?
The same way Sheik changed her skin and eye colour in OoT... The power of the Triforce I guess.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, for characters with at least a decent shot, Lip is a female with at least a sizeable fanbase. Whether or not one thinks she has a chance, I'd still say she can make that list.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh yeah, Lip, I totally forgot about her. And you forgot to include Nana too, unless she doesn't count for some reason...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If you want to get technical, one would assume her gender would remain female, no matter which sex she magic'd her body as. Either way I don't think you're going to get rid of that asterisk by Sheik's name any time soon.

Also I feel like I have to clarify the maid outfits are for me, not the ladies??? I mean if they want to wear them that's cool but it just makes them look weak, y'know.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait until I finalize it before updating, I'll try to have the whole thing in sometime this week.

I'm not gonna lie... But part of the appeal of Ashley is that she's not a sexualized character. Sexualizing a little girl always rubs me the wrong way. No matter how much time I spend on 4chan, that's just one thing that I can't quite agree with.

I dunno, having Ashley in a maid outfit... I'd draw any other female in a maid outfit before her.

So far I've got:
-Peach
-TP Zelda
-SS Zelda
-Tetra
-Samus
-Palutena
-Lyn
-Krystal
-Ashley
-Jigglypuff
-Dixie Kong

Yes.

Also, I love Oasis_S's new avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom