• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I just thought about this really cool idea for a Chibi Robo game.

Chibi Robo meets Elder Scrolls.

In the sense that you have a whole neighbourhood (or town) to explore, but since Chibi Robo is so small it has the size of the map of an Elder Scrolls game.

I wish I hadn't thought of this now I want it to happen!
In the style of the first 2 games I'm guessing. I'd be down.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Seeing the gameplay footage of Chibi Robo: Zip-Lash on Treehouse Live has been my highlight of E3 so far.

I'm getting excited to try it out, the characters look so likeable and fun.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I really wouldn't be surprised if Chibi-Robo were added in as DLC. Nintendo appears to be reviving the IP and what better way to advertise. Also he already has an amibo, and given the gameplay that they have shown of his new game he would clearly make a new and interesting type of character in Smash. I mean he has a whip cord thing. lol

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I really wouldn't be surprised if Chibi-Robo were added in as DLC. Nintendo appears to be reviving the IP and what better way to advertise. Also he already has an amibo, and given the gameplay that they have shown of his new game he would clearly make a new and interesting type of character in Smash. I mean he has a whip cord thing. lol
not really sure it was gone long enough to count as a revival

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
not really sure it was gone long enough to count as a revival
Agreed. I mean photo finder just came out and then before that there were the few DS games where Park Patrol actually made it overseas. (I know one of the DS games didn't make it over here but cant remember if their was a third DS title.) Remember he is technically owned by Skip LTD. as well so I don't think Nintendo really tells them what to do.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Agreed. I mean photo finder just came out and then before that there were the few DS games where Park Patrol actually made it overseas. (I know one of the DS games didn't make it over here but cant remember if their was a third DS title.) Remember he is technically owned by Skip LTD. as well so I don't think Nintendo really tells them what to do.
just the two

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
just the two
So chibi robo will have 5 games out with zip-lash as well as being referenced in a couple other games. They keep experimenting with the gameplay of chibi robo and the one DS game we didn't get apparently was closer to the gamecube game. I hope if ziplash sells well we will get another game in that style.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So chibi robo will have 5 games out with zip-lash as well as being referenced in a couple other games. They keep experimenting with the gameplay of chibi robo and the one DS game we didn't get apparently was closer to the gamecube game. I hope if ziplash sells well we will get another game in that style.
nintendo seem to love the little guy i dont think he'll be going anywhere

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I prefer for it to stay from being super realistic, but photo finder looked nice as well with the realistic-ish art style (Which I know some disliked.)
I would want the game to keep the same art style as the original. It really worked for the strange world Chibi comes from.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I would want the game to keep the same art style as the original. It really worked for the strange world Chibi comes from.
Me too, that's why I said I would want it to stay away from being too realistic. Photo finder was the only one to break that mold but it was probably because of the real life photos you had to take matching the rest of the game.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I'd love to have Chibi Robo in Smash, (he's my #3 pick) but I don't think he has a HUGE chance of getting in. If he DOES get in, I'd be very happy, though.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I think one of our best bets to garner some extra support for Chibi, is to keep requesting Omni and the Smashified Team to make Chibi-Robo!

Plus it would be awesome to have a really nice render of the little guy that we can use. :c

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think one of our best bets to garner some extra support for Chibi, is to keep requesting Omni and the Smashified Team to make Chibi-Robo!

Plus it would be awesome to have a really nice render of the little guy that we can use. :c
Already done my part to ask for a Smashified Chibi on YouTube. I'll do so again on the official Smashified Twitter with a photo just to remind him of who I'm requesting. He is from an extremely underrated series after all and a simple picture should give him an idea of what he's working with.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
So the Chibi-Robo amiibo was confirmed to not work with Super Mario Maker :c

That's not good.. they didn't even consider making a pixel version of Chibi for the game.

EDIT: WAIT I MISREAD, IT INCLUDES SUPPORT FOR CHIBI-ROBO AMIIBO. I'M SO HAPPY.

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, ok, so if Super Mario Maker supports the Chibi Amiibo, that means that its compatible with other games, and that means that it could be compatible with Smash if he was added, meaning that they wouldnt need to make an amiibo (maybe), giving them one less problem to worry about and making putting him in easier, slightly increasing his chances. Am I looking too deep into it?

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Hmmm, ok, so if Super Mario Maker supports the Chibi Amiibo, that means that its compatible with other games, and that means that it could be compatible with Smash if he was added, meaning that they wouldnt need to make an amiibo (maybe), giving them one less problem to worry about and making putting him in easier, slightly increasing his chances. Am I looking too deep into it?
Yeah, I would assume that they're intending on creating a Smash Bros amiibo for every single character. Chibi would most certainly have 2 different amiibo should he become playable.

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Well I was overthinking xD I hope Zip Lash gives him some (Much needed and deserved) more relevance. If the players that are new to the franchise want to see how Chibi's games really are, I bet Nintendo/ Skip LTD. would re realese the original GCN game for the Wii U, if Zip lash did well enough. Maybe even a new Wii U game (but I'm asking for a lot again aren't I....). I think that if Zip Lash is well recived and Chibi gets a Wii U game reboot (Or maybe even a new one), its pretty much guaranteed that he will be in 5mash. But I'm not getting too much hope from the ballot... there are just too many other characters that are more popular.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Chibi Robo is cool for a character. I defintley think he has the merit to get in and he could be a fun character.

Have you guys decided how big he is going to be, because I think that's be a great part of his playstyle if he focused on his size or making up for it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Already done my part to ask for a Smashified Chibi on YouTube. I'll do so again on the official Smashified Twitter with a photo just to remind him of who I'm requesting. He is from an extremely underrated series after all and a simple picture should give him an idea of what he's working with.
You asked for Chibiterasu! :p

I just realized something... Chibi-Robo could have the longest range out of all of the short characters. They would also mostly be disjointed hitboxes unless you could hurt his tail, which would be weird.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys decided how big he is going to be, because I think that's be a great part of his playstyle if he focused on his size or making up for it.
I kind of touched on this in the original post!

I was thinking the perfect size would be this:

I was thinking maybe even SHORTER. His gimmick could be that he's so short that attacks or projectiles from taller characters go over his head. (Like an uncharged superscope shot from Link)

But when he DOES get hit, he is the lightest character so it HURTS.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I kind of touched on this in the original post!

I was thinking the perfect size would be this:

I was thinking maybe even SHORTER. His gimmick could be that he's so short that attacks or projectiles from taller characters go over his head. (Like an uncharged superscope shot from Link)

But when he DOES get hit, he is the lightest character so it HURTS.
I don't think Chibi-Robo should be the lightest character. I think that right goes to Jiggs who is a Balloon Pokemon and considering Chibi-Robo is made of metal, I don't think he should be lighter than her. Maybe just a little heavier than Jiggs.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't think Chibi-Robo should be the lightest character. I think that right goes to Jiggs who is a Balloon Pokemon and considering Chibi-Robo is made of metal, I don't think he should be lighter than her. Maybe just a little heavier than Jiggs.
So about 70 then? That's right in the middle between Jiggly and Mewtwo

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yeah. Mewtwo should normally be heavy anyway, its just that he's using his psychic abilities to make himself float.
I assume they wanted to make Mewtwo more like a glass cannon to differentiate him more from Lucario who despite having different moves share a similar playstyle. Although the kinda forgot the cannon part but I digress

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I've got nothing interesting to say, but damn it, Chibi-robo would be so awesome to have in this game.

I wonder if his Final smash would be something involving Drake Redcrest?

Hype.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I've got nothing interesting to say, but damn it, Chibi-robo would be so awesome to have in this game.

I wonder if his Final smash would be something involving Drake Redcrest?

Hype.
Or his Final Smash could be turning into the gold Chibi Robo from Zip Lash

Top Bottom