• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I added a couple more people to the supporter list. We really need a moderator to put that below Onyx's opening post. It's on page 7 right now if you want to look at it.
Also Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101 you were already on the supporter list. Nice flair, by the way. I really need to reopen the Dr. Lobe support thread.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Alright, I added a couple more people to the supporter list. We really need a moderator to put that below Onyx's opening post. It's on page 7 right now if you want to look at it.
Also Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101 you were already on the supporter list. Nice flair, by the way. I really need to reopen the Dr. Lobe support thread.
I was wondering why it was even locked in the first place.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Gee, I hope the little guy continues to have games. Being in Smash would definitely help.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I did not know Chibi-Robo got a Mii hat in the Plaza!! That makes me happy!

My fingers Crossing right now is that Nintendo put Chibi-Robo in to promote Zip Lash.

Or I'm hoping Sakurai played Zip Lash and had a free-for-all brainstorming session right after.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Can I get on that support list? The little guy is my top pick.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Only 4 days left (5 for America) until Zip Lash is out. Like Tanabe said, Chibi will be getting the "Advance Wars" treatment if this game doesn't turn out to be a success. We can all hope that the fans and our friendly neighborhood Amiibo scalpers can do their part to save the shiny little guy.

#HelpChibiRobo'sFuture

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Only 4 days left (5 for America) until Zip Lash is out. Like Tanabe said, Chibi will be getting the "Advance Wars" treatment if this game doesn't turn out to be a success. We can all hope that the fans and our friendly neighborhood Amiibo scalpers can do their part to save the shiny little guy.

#HelpChibiRobo'sFuture
The Advance Wars treatment?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And we now have product placements and other Nintendo references in the game. That description for the banana peel was pretty gold since those were the more annoying items in Mario kart.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I went to a Nintendo event last Saturday and there was a Nintendo rep demo-ing Zip Lash and Wooly World at GameStop.

So we were conversing and I told him I was a big fan of Chibi-Robo and really wanted to see him in Smash Bros. And he gave me this! He said "I'm supposed to leave this here but I've never met a big Chibi-Robo fan so here you go!!"

I'm so happy!

Attachments

Okay so I went to a Nintendo event last Saturday and there was a Nintendo rep demo-ing Zip Lash and Wooly World at GameStop.

So we were conversing and I told him I was a big fan of Chibi-Robo and really wanted to see him in Smash Bros. And he gave me this! He said "I'm supposed to leave this here but I've never met a big Chibi-Robo fan so here you go!!"

I'm so happy!
You have a piece of history!

Cherish it always!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
char--super-chibi.png
Look, an alternate color palette to go with all the suits.

I'm so happy!
Ha, that's great. My GameStop has one of those too. I'll ask about it when I go to pick up my Zip Lash bundle. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
WTF, indeed. Chibi Robo does have his fans, but I never knew THIS many of them actually wants him in Smash. Though who's to say that this is accurate to the Smash Ballot itself and chances are that people felt motivated to vote "5" just because of the possibility of him dying.
I think Chibi-Robo is in one of those positions where he doesn't have a major following but at the same time if he was announced as a character, people would generally be happy about it and excited.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Just as I feared, the reviews for the game would have been mixed or average from the many sources I've seen.

Here's to hoping that the sales for the game are at least exceptional for the weekend.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm considering buying the game at a later date, but it looks really cool to play

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The game looked like a really average/standard platformer the moment it was revealed, it wasn't really attracting. They should kept the cleaning goal he's always had since the first game began.

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's just a mistake on Nintendo's part. After all, the compatibility chart shows no relation to Smash Brothers. Still, that does make me excited.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Suprised i haven't been here eariler.Lol can i be added to the support list.Chibi-robo is one of my top 10 most requested characters so him being in would be epic to me

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
The thing with using his cable as a tether/attack is I always against it because it wasn't really something Chibi ever did in his games. He never used his cable as anything other than to charge.

But Zip Lash changes EVERYTHING. It's canon now to use his cable as an attack/tether. Almost as if Zip Lash was created to be an addition to his already potent Smash potential.

MaxBowser

Smash Rookie
I love how he plays in SSF2, especially the sound effects like when he's walking or using the gun or toothbrush.

Top Bottom