• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I believe someone shared this earlier and we talked about it already. Chances are that it could have been a mistake on their part and Chibi would probably get a newer Smash series Amiibo if he were to be playable. Thanks for reminding us.

When I came to GameStop yesterday, I was so tempted to get Zip-Lash and couldn't find the bundle with the Amiibo. Instead I've went nuts and bought four Amiibo in the store (including a rare Ganondorf) before leaving that day. I guess I can say that I will probably target this game at a later date just for the Amiibo alone.

JoeKarta

Smash Rookie
The European Nintendo site doesn't allow people having people having contact with Nintendo and the FAQ section is empty. They are probably hard at work making the site better and implementing the new reward system.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
So, there was that apparent leak that a rather popular character that isn't Inkling, Shantae, Shovel, or maybe King K. Rool, being revealed this month. I don't remember it that well.

Has it been disproven or anything?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, there was that apparent leak that a rather popular character that isn't Inkling, Shantae, Shovel, or maybe King K. Rool, being revealed this month. I don't remember it that well.

Has it been disproven or anything?
Its false. I don't know where you heard that. Its only speculation that the character might not be King K. Rool, and most people think its probably Inkling.

The only thing anyone said was a guy named Stealth. He posted a tweet (which he deleted) and he'd "hang himself" if the character was Shantae, Shovel Knight, or Wolf. The character is supposedly a popular character who is not a "ballot winner" (we don't know exactly what this means, but people speculate its not K. Rool only because of this statement). It was also mentioned its a newcomer.

Currently, the grand majority of people think if its legit, the character is Inkling.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The sales in North America will likely be better due to the amiibo bundle. But hey, getting into the top 10 and beating Splatoon isn't that bad.

Putting Chibi in Smash would be such a good thing for his future, I feel like it NEEDS to happen. Pretty much his only hope at this point.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Seriuodly, Chibi-Robo NEEDS to be in Smash. Considering how he's doing, it's his last hope for recognition. I mean, if that could do wonders for Captain Falcon and Ness, keeping them alive (to an extent) C.R. NEEDS Smash at this point.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
japan only cares about mobile games.
Sad, but true. This whole mobile game craze is starting to take a toll on the relevance of "real" gaming these days. Even pads/mobile devices managed to outsell video game consoles according to recent U.S. sales data (and even on Black Friday).

And I would like to be on the support list Onyx Oblivian Onyx Oblivian . Chibi Robo and I went back since the ol' Gamecube and I would be one of the few people to give it a chance before the Wii would launch. Sure most of his later games had been taking the Sonic route of gimmicks in them, but they were still fun little distractions for what they are. I even got the whole Zip Lash bundle (Amiibo included) despite the mixed reviews that it received in the long run.

So I'm looking forward to speaking more Chibi and hopefully not more gloomy news of his possible fate.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I'd always been interested in Chibi-Robo since I got his trophy in Brawl, but I never really got the opportunity to play his games. I tried the Photo Finder demo, and liked it, but then tht game went into my backlog for over a year now. When I heard that Zip Lash might be the last game in the series if it isn't succesful, I finally decided to dip in. I've really been enjoying it, but I'm aware how much better the franchise has been. Hopefully my contribution will be worth it and we later get a great new traditional Chibi-Robo.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
The gameplay of Zip Lash doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I'm probs gonna grab it when it comes out here. Partially because of the Amiibo, but also because I don't want this series to die.

I wish they'd go back to something more in line with the mechanics of the first game! If they ever made a sequel on Wii U, I can imagine the gamepad could work quite well with swapping out equipment on the fly and looking around a huuuuge house in first person mode.

That'd be cool.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, it looks like the the fact that the first game explored things like divorce was considered controversial after all. I guess this explains why they went into the habit of making spinoffs that didn't focus on the family.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/17/nintendo-a-3d-chibi-robo-wouldnt-have-been-kid-friendly/
Somehow, I am not surprised by the news at all. Divorce is a pretty tough subject to explore in children's media and few really wanted to dwell into It. The divorce subplot is what actually added more depth to Chibi Robo (other than the quirky personalities of the characters) and I can see why it would be a concern for most parents. But if they really want to get back into the direct if the first game, they can feel free to make a continuation involving an adult Jenny with her own family. That way is for the best since wouldn't want the original's impactful story ruined because of some uptight parents that don't want to expose their children to real life. :rolleyes:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just bought Chibi-Robo Zip Lash and I have to say, I actually enjoyed it. If you are looking for a slow-paced paltformer with simple puzzles, this is the game... and I think I saw a few actions Chibi-Robo did in the game that could be used in his Smash moveset.

I see that Chibi-Robo can actually float in the air for a short time by whirling the plug like a helicopter... and he can heat up his metallic body till it is red-hot and he bursts in flames and runs down enemies...

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I just bought Chibi-Robo Zip Lash and I have to say, I actually enjoyed it. If you are looking for a slow-paced paltformer with simple puzzles, this is the game... and I think I saw a few actions Chibi-Robo did in the game that could be used in his Smash moveset.

I see that Chibi-Robo can actually float in the air for a short time by whirling the plug like a helicopter... and he can heat up his metallic body till it is red-hot and he bursts in flames and runs down enemies...
He's even got a roll.

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie
Just got Ziplash today. I've been speculating about Chibs in smash ever since they first announced that game, and after playing it, im convinced they plan on adding him to the roster.

His moves in that game quite literally filled in any gaps that were missing from his possible moveset. And his final smash would obviously be Super Chibi-Robo where he turns gold and all his attacks are mega buffed like Wario and Lucarios final smashes. They even gave him a crouch and a roll animation. And that game even has a trophy viewer just like smash. And when you hover over the games icon on the 3ds? Gee, I certainly do wonder what Chibis victory theme would be?....

Im all for him. I think he'd be great. Plus the roster could use some more gamecube reps.

If he does get in however, they better put the Drake Redcrest theme in too. That was cool how they put it in the beginning cutscene of ziplash as a sort of easteregg.

Last edited:

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie
Being in Smash would skyrocket Chibis popularity just like any other smash character. And at this point, I think he needs it. Bad. I want Ziplast to do good so they can keep him alive, but I don't think just throwing the game out there is gonna cut it.

And it was said that if they think they can keep Chibi alive, they will make another full blown adventure game. I want that. Although honestly, they should have just done that from the beginning instead of making another small handheld game. But I think right now they were just testing the waters to see if the series can possibly stay afloat outside of Japan. They didn't think the series would do well because the gamecube game sold mediocre. But I think somewhere along the line, they heard about people calling the gamecube original a "hidden gem". And now maybe they think there's hope yet, so they're slowly easing Chibi into the main market again.

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
I finally beat this game today and yeah, I think a lot of the reviews were overly harsh. From what I read, it seemed like the destination wheel was going to be some godawful mechanic, but I really didn't understand the hate for it. It was definitely an unneeded and unnecessary feature, but it was so easy to land on what you wanted or rig the wheel to what you wanted, that I wonder why reviewers ripped on it so hard. I literally never landed on anything BUT 1's the entire game.

Zip Lash isn't groundbreaking and it's got flaws, but overall, it was a solid, enjoyable game. Some of the puzzles they threw at you were very creative and a couple of the worlds really stood (Europe comes to mind). Some of the vehicle stages, especially the skateboarding ones, were a real blast.

I thought World 6 was kind of a letdown, mostly because I hate that kind of theme in games, but the final boss was awesome. It reminded me a lot of a certain boss fight from the Wonderful 101 and I really didn't expect it.

If Chibi Robo made it into Smash, I would love if he got his little dance he does when he finds a new snack as a taunt or win pose, hahaha.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well Onyx Oblivian Onyx Oblivian , this whole discussion would have to be moved to another thread since these boards will go down by the end of the week. You wouldn't have to start over from scratch, but you can easily recopy the entire OP since it's fine the way it is. Hope the rest of the more dedicated fans would be interested in following since I'm open for inviting more people.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well Onyx Oblivian Onyx Oblivian , this whole discussion would have to be moved to another thread since these boards will go down by the end of the week. You wouldn't have to start over from scratch, but you can easily recopy the entire OP since it's fine the way it is. Hope the rest of the more dedicated fans would be interested in following since I'm open for inviting more people.
I could invite people too! I want this Chibi-Robo thread to survive.

Top Bottom