• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl: 2 (feat Reflex / BigLou / BBQ / Dynomite / DRN / Player-1)

Xevlon

Smash Rookie
gc controller allowed in the brawl tournament? i dont see anything saying it isnt but i just wanna be sure...

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Yeah the majority of competitive smashers (I believe) use gc controllers. Not that wiimote+nunchuk is not used, but that configuration is in the minority. So you should have no problem with your controller! :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My attendance is up in the air again. I'm probably going to have to replace my car, and I won't have any means of getting there. Unless, like, the Auburn guys wanted to drive up there, I don't see it happening.

Player-3

Smash Hero
you have to come so we can falcon ditto money match with the rule of you must go for the flash though

:(

Kaptain

Smash Ace
@ Xevlon: Yes, gamecube controllers are allowed and will likely be used by 95% of all competitors there.

@ Reflex: We need to find you a ride!

Actually, there's a couple of people need a ride still. They are in the OP. Someone step up and help them out!

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
So, I did mention to a few people that I would update you with some status as to my attending this tourney and such.

First, my attendance: Mark me as confirmed.

Second, I'll be bringing a full setup, it can either be for Melee or Brawl (depending on need.)

Third, I'll bring my recording setup as well. If anyone remembers the last time I happened to record, you'll know the quality that my recordings have. This is dependent on whether or not we have a EDTV available, of course. And no, I'm not bringing my HDTV again. Just saying. :011:

If needed, I can bring a person or two that needs a ride to the tourney. The biggest problem here is the gas money factor. Seeing that I live in Athens, the gas I would spend to go to the tourney is negligible (It isn't even a dollar round trip.) But by bringing someone who need a ride to the tourney, gas would be $10 one way at a minimum (for anyone in the Atlanta area.) Round trip, $20 minimum. So, you can list me as an option, but I would strongly recommend that those with rides coming from the MSA help Zatch, McPee, &c. out (for example, Chima should probably be picking up McPee. It's on the way to Athens...just saying :011:) It's mad pathetic when people have to get rides from people one hour out. But I digress. :rolleyes:

More saddening is this: I'm gonna have to stop attending tournaments after this one. To make a long story short, I'm short on cash, don't have a job, and I'm gonna need to go to grad school. Obviously, that could change if I happened to score an interview, but odds are this is not going to happen.

More sad is what I'm gonna be asking: A donation drive for me to enter the tourney. I would like to enter the last tourney that I plan to attend, and I wouldn't mind entering Brawl Teams, & Melee singles (I wouldn't mind Brawl singles as well.) So, if you have it in your hearts (or wallets), chip in to let me have one more chance of being a pot monster! :$

(I understand if you have any objections to it. I just hope that whatever I have done in my 2 years of being in the community might return some dividends. If not, I'll be hard @ work recording all the matches.)

One more thing, we should have evo-style brackets for this so this tourney can end early. Kaptain, I'll message you about that.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll have a definite answer from my mom before Thursday, at least, but if you could help out with the ride situation, that be cool, TGK.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
hey ya havint been here in a while but do ya still do waba weeklies. or did ya move

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
hey ya havint been here in a while but do ya still do waba weeklies. or did ya move
Waba in Duluth is no longer in business. You should look for the Georgia Social Thread if you want to know about upcoming events.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
ok thx sucks for waba tho :(

dang that thread havint been posted in like a week xD

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Updated OP to state that we start doubles before singles, although im sure most of you just assumed that.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Who needs a ride to this?

txt: 678-978-8928

ALSO: I am planning to place top 3 in teams and I need a partner.

Who wants to make some money??

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
I would like a ride to this! I would like to make some money!

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Who needs a ride to this?

txt: 678-978-8928

ALSO: I am planning to place top 3 in teams and I need a partner.

Who wants to make some money??
Ah dang man, i already have one. otherwise i would you know it! you know your wario wants to kill some with my puff!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Angelo ur at tech right? and 4god needs a ride too. I might just pack my car with GT peeps..

And I have never teamed with you before. Lets do it :)

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
I'm actually at SPSU, but I can easily marta to tech for the ride. I'm all for teaming. Let's get to work on them team strats!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm actually at SPSU, but I can easily marta to tech for the ride. I'm all for teaming. Let's get to work on them team strats!
s**********

:( sorrrrrryyyyy forgot i owed Chris teams from back in JANUARY.. derp

I wanna team with you sometime angelo. we will next tourney

<3

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
:( sorrrrrryyyyy forgot i owed Chris teams from back in JANUARY.. derp

I wanna team with you sometime angelo. we will next tourney

<3
It's all good, Vahe :D I hope you make your top 3 goal! Anyway, if you're going to spsu just for me, I can marta somewhere else on the list first so you have one less leg on your trip. It's not a big deal since I have like 20 trips on my breezecard.

Player-1

Smash Legend
aml, you might be able to come with me, p3, and chima if our car isn't full, but he's asking iblis and saltix if they want rides first and if they both say yes then we'll be full, but otherwise we'll have a spot for you.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Probably not coming to this since I have no ride. Have fun fellers.
Couldn't you ride with Dyno since I'm not riding with him anymore? If 4God will be in the car, I can't see why that wouldn't be possible!

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Okay guys. I got 2 kind of important things to say so i hope everyone reads this post.

Even though we did get sponsors to this event, I wasn't actually able to get them to support us by direct financial means. However, there was one individual that made a personal donation so that all you guys could attend this tournament without having to pay that door fee. What I want to do for him is to raise some extra funds to make him a plaque. It will say something like "The Gamers' Assn. of UGA thanks you for your generous contribution to the (Bulldog Brawl 2 logo)" Then I was gonna take a picture of you guys at the tournament and put it in the plaque. I've been getting some quotes, and it gonna be about $35 to do this. I'll be taking up some donations at the tournament, so if you guys could spare maybe 50 cents to a dollar to reward this guy for what he has done for this tourney, that would be awesome! It's nothing mandatory, and I understand that not all of you will put in. But it would be a nice gesture.

Also, and this is mainly directed at TGK. I would like there to be a live stream there, even if its poor quality. There's a guy who really wanted to make it to this, but I don't think he can be there because he is in the hospital cause his lung collapsed on him. He's stable and everything, and not really hurting anymore, but his lung isn't supporting itself and they cant release him yet. He wants to be able to watch it, even if its not very good.

Thanks for hearing me out guys.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Dyno said he had no room for me. So yeah.
Well I suppose you ARE bigger than me. :p But the reason he didn't have room for you was because of me. I had literally just changed rides right before you posted, so he does not know that yet. You should be able to get the ride!

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Kaptain - I'll prob give you $5.

@Angelo - Okay, well we'll see. If I have a ride I'll come. Have to get my labs and homework done for next week so I can throw my weekend away to Brawl like normal.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
@Kaptain - I'll prob give you $5.

@Angelo - Okay, well we'll see. If I have a ride I'll come. Have to get my labs and homework done for next week so I can throw my weekend away to Brawl like normal.
Yeah I've been working furiously on hw and stuff lol. I really need practice, though.

setyourselfonfire

Smash Rookie
So if i think i'm alright just because i'm pretty good among my friends, but i've never done any tournament stuff or anything like that, i'm probably gonna get thrashed, right?

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
It depends on how awesome your friends are! :D Personally, I'm going just to have fun and get some experience/practice. It would be awesome if I earned money out of this, but I believe these events are invaluable for matchup experience and improving your own game. Plus, you can meet lots of like-minded and fun people!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So if i think i'm alright just because i'm pretty good among my friends, but i've never done any tournament stuff or anything like that, i'm probably gonna get thrashed, right?
That's likely, but, even if that ends up being the case, it should be a learning experience that allows you to become wayyy better than your friends and potentially become a good tournament player in time.

It's a really cool community, and, who knows? Maybe you'll end up better than some of us.

Top Bottom