• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

cman

Smash Ace
You all can get 4.0 if you go on the irc Here. 4.0 hasn't frozen at all for me, whereas 3.3 used to a lot. I'm assuming it was the tumbling codes, which are now gone.

kupo15

Smash Hero
same. no ad during tumble was sexy
hopefully it will get in there soon. We have the space, people like it, and it serves a purpose. Just think about all the times you go into the tumble. Like if you are shielding and are pushed off the platform, where is the attackers reward for doing that when you can just air dodge escape instead of being put in a teching position? Wall of pain tactics are less powerful ect...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I just tried version 4.0 and it says I have to many lines. Does anyone know what's wrong? I put all the lines in except the top 2. Which codes should I leave out?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I just tried version 4.0 and it says I have to many lines. Does anyone know what's wrong? I put all the lines in except the top 2. Which codes should I leave out?

The code manager says it's too many lines? Then use the old codemanager which doesn't manage your lines.

You have to have GeckoBrawl to run the 4.0 beta though.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
The wii orcarina says it's to many lines =/

....also, what's geckobrawl???

Here is GeckoBrawl, AKA, the app in homebrew that allows up to 430 lines. Download it and put the brawl_gecko folder into your apps folder on your SD card. Then, when you load up codes, choose brawl_gecko instead to load your codes.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
This latest version is increasingly awesome.

Though it might have just been a one time thing, but the game froze when I tried to load Luigi's Mansion.

Revven

FrankerZ
Sounds like you've used some music codes or character modifiers on your game save to me. Can you load Luigi's Mansion normally without the set on?

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've been gone for awhile and I just discovered that the amazing people working on this project found a way to use more lines of code via "GeckoBrawl." Forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this, but I want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

I can put this into the apps folder on my SD card and then when I load up Homebrew, I pick GeckoBrawl instead of the old GeckoOS? Also, can I still use the old PC Code Manager for exporting files, or do I need something new for that also?

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Yes, copy the whole folder with the geckobrawl into the apps folder and run it. It should work like just like the other gecko, it just allows more lines.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Sounds like you've used some music codes or character modifiers on your game save to me. Can you load Luigi's Mansion normally without the set on?
I am using music swap codes but not for Luigi's Mansion. Never had a problem with another stage, got a fix?

I'll find out in a few days on a friend's wii what happens though, thanks.

Almas

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out that that there is a support thread for these kind of issues.

We keep delaying a release to try and get stuff out. We'll probably do one soonish, since everyone seems to flock to the IRC now and it seems unreasonable (not that it isn't fun kicking random people in there whenever I'm bored). European and Japanese codesets will be available by next weekend.

There's been a lot of progress on a new release of GeckoOS, using code patching to bypass a large portion of the line limit. Hopefully it will be available to you all soon.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I'd like to point out that that there is a support thread for these kind of issues.

We keep delaying a release to try and get stuff out. We'll probably do one soonish, since everyone seems to flock to the IRC now and it seems unreasonable (not that it isn't fun kicking random people in there whenever I'm bored). European and Japanese codesets will be available by next weekend.

There's been a lot of progress on a new release of GeckoOS, using code patching to bypass a large portion of the line limit. Hopefully it will be available to you all soon.
Yeah, my fault, the support problem was intended until I remembered mid typing, my bad.

An official release soon though eh? Cool.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
This isn't Melee 2.0, this is Brawl+. We continually add flavor to characters, so why not have a flavorful neutral? Take the cars out of it completely, and it becomes a nice neutral.
you're right. lets take the lava out of brinstar, and norfair. lets remove the lasers from corneria. lets also remove the balloons from smashville. taking a stages theme and removing what makes it a stage is stupid. taking the racecars out of a race track..like seriously, wtf? I never said this were melee 2.0, but it would make one more stage playable and still keeping aspects of its origin.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
It might just turn into Melee 2.0, thanks to certain individuals...

Most people do not like the tumble codes, get your facts straight.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
It might just turn into Melee 2.0, thanks to certain individuals...

Most people do not like the tumble codes, get your facts straight.
how about you get your facts straight. brawl+ will NEVER compare to melee as melee without a doubt takes more overall skill. I suggested no ad during tumble. but majority beats minority so that isn't likely to happen. and how is wanting more stages tourney viable turning this into melee 2.0?

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say that. In fact I would love for most stages to be tourney legal, keeping the hazards intact as long as they aren't game breaking. And I support lowering the knockback of the F-Zero cars.
It's more of an offhand comment on inputting Melee mechanics purely because they were in Melee. Like no auto fastfall on certain aerials.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, your example isn't really a good one, because I know for a fact that some characters would do better off without the fastfalling feature on their specific aerial (Sheik's Dair for example, it has no uses whatsoever and could actually be useful if the fastfalling was gone). A better example would be something like wanting the same techrolls Melee had (speed-wise). As that doesn't benefit the game much at all where as the example you gave, could in fact benefit some characters.

GPDP

Smash Ace
No, it shouldn't be. Nintendo has pretty much no way to discern who is hacking or not, and even then, the only way you can play online is if your opponent possesses the exact same codeset as you, or you'll desynch.

Unlike Mario Kart, Brawl's online system is extremely simple and barebones, so I doubt there's much Nintendo can do to you there.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
can anybody post a link where we can find GeckoBrawl V.4 and the new Beta codes??? plsssssssss..... and why this thread hasn't been updated? =S
I only have the Codemanager, and I've been looking in this subforum for GeckoBrawl v4. en nothing =S pls.....

supersonicridley

Smash Cadet
any idea when that will be? because I am leaveing the country next week for a long time and I want to play it with beta 4 with my brothers for one last time

Foresight

Smash Rookie
I just played Brawl+ for the first time last night, and I have to hand it to you guys, it was way better than vBrawl. Not sure which version I had, it had to be one of the newest since it used GeckoBrawl. I didn't play for long, so I didn't have a chance to test out too many characters, but Jigglypuff was much better, as was Captain Falcon. Where can I get a list of all the changes that were made so that I can better test it out? Keep up the good work guys.

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
I just played Brawl+ for the first time last night, and I have to hand it to you guys, it was way better than vBrawl. Not sure which version I had, it had to be one of the newest since it used GeckoBrawl. I didn't play for long, so I didn't have a chance to test out too many characters, but Jigglypuff was much better, as was Captain Falcon. Where can I get a list of all the changes that were made so that I can better test it out? Keep up the good work guys.
http://www.mediafire.com/shanus

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Now that we will soon have much much more space, I think its time to consider adjusting stages. By balancing stage hazards, we can have more interesting stages legal. Many of the stages in Brawl are ruined by hazards being way too powerful, so I think it is our duty to balance them as well.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
^ what he said. I love norfair. I believe all the hazards of norfair should be kept except the lava pillars. those tend to cause early deaths when caught off gaurd. although the walls of lava from the sides, back, and below should be kept.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Unless we could find a way to set the KB of the pillars to 0 (think fox lasers). Then I think they could stay. Think of all the potential.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Dont know.. I've never liked the layout of norfair actually, doesn't promote ground game (just platforms and not enough space on them), and too much edgeguarding, dunno it just doesn't fit to me xD

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Then you wouldn't mind it being changed, right? We should do our best to make every stage playable just as we are trying to make every character playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom