• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
can some one help me out for some reason my level freezing code just stopped working the only things i changed are updated the dynamic sd loader code from 1.0 to 1.1 and added the no custom stage 1.1 code(i don't think this is it tho but maybe)

gamegeek27

Smash Rookie
You still need to reverse rainbow cruise, norfair (no lava comes out), brinstar (no lava hits you and saves you), delfino plaza (every place you go to in delfino would be considered banned if each was its own individual stage, with water, walkoff edges, etc.) and somehow make the fire emblem stage so that you skip past the part with the statues and go straight to the other one. the statues get in the way and theres a walkoff edge and that place is way too big=(. also, maybe reverse the creepy stupid pokemon stage. possible CP if my controller doesnt reverse.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
We are not going to reverse Brinstar because the lava saves you, that's an aspect of the stage.
Rainbow cruise is already legal, and needs no freeze.
Spear Pillar is reversed in Beta 4.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
just freeze/reverse the ones that are not really playable because of stupid things such as starman in WW or reversed controller iin spear pillar

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm not liking the way this is going. I don't want every stage frozen. Would it take up more lines to separate them in the .txt? Then the user could pick and choose which stages to freeze.

Edit: Also, can Screeching Bat become an official code? I know it doesn't affect anything, but its a staple of the Smash series.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm not liking the way this is going. I don't want every stage frozen. Would it take up more lines to separate them in the .txt? Then the user could pick and choose which stages to freeze.
This. There is a reason why we don't need every stage frozen. Well two. First off, Brawl can and still is a party game. We need to respect those party game elements. I know it's a shocker, but there are still some of us that enjoy FFAs, ridiculous stages, and the occasional item as well as the deep, involving 1v1 and teams.

Chibo made a good post in the BR, but I can't find it. Either way, it summed it up very nicely. Basically we have 7 neutrals which is a good number of stages for neutrals. We don't want too many stages because then the strike system becomes useless. Why bother striking a stage if another feels and plays almost the same.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
IMO, these stages should be altered from their vBrawl states:
Castle Siege-Using the final, or 1st and final versions of the stage would be nice. I dislike the 2nd part.
Luigi's Mansion-If only we could get the level with no mansion as a neutral and regular as a CP, but I'd rather have no mansion than with the mansion, since some characters are completely broken with the mansion (Olimar, Lucario, and most of all, METAKNIGHT).
Norfair-Frozen? This level is pretty much a counterpick frozen or not. Maybe playing around with the blast zones could make it a neutral, though.
Pictochat-Frozen to get rid of all hazards/pictures/changes in the level
Pirate Ship-Frozen, works great without the bombs and tornado.
Green Greens-Get rid of bomb blocks if possible.
Port Town Aero Dive-No cars would be nice.
Spear Pillar-Altered blast zones+frozen=good.
The Summit-If there wasn't the low-friction ice and hazards/water, this would be a nice stage.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The only stage I like frozen is PS2, and I don't really care about WW. If we are going to go around modifying stages, we should give them the attention they need. Don't remove cars from Port Town, just make them much weaker/less KB. Also, I still strongly believe that each stage adjustment should be kept separate, so people can pick and choose their mods.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
The only stage I like frozen is PS2, and I don't really care about WW. If we are going to go around modifying stages, we should give them the attention they need. Don't remove cars from Port Town, just make them much weaker/less KB. Also, I still strongly believe that each stage adjustment should be kept separate, so people can pick and choose their mods.
Less KB on the cars makes them seem pathetic when they're actually epic, but if you remove them completely, you make it potentially viable for neutral...and it's such a beautiful looking neutral, much nicer looking than WarioWare or Pictochat would be.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hazards are good and add to the skill required to play assuming they aren't OP. We should be protecting them and working with them much like we do the low tier characters

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
This. There is a reason why we don't need every stage frozen. Well two. First off, Brawl can and still is a party game. We need to respect those party game elements. I know it's a shocker, but there are still some of us that enjoy FFAs, ridiculous stages, and the occasional item as well as the deep, involving 1v1 and teams.

Chibo made a good post in the BR, but I can't find it. Either way, it summed it up very nicely. Basically we have 7 neutrals which is a good number of stages for neutrals. We don't want too many stages because then the strike system becomes useless. Why bother striking a stage if another feels and plays almost the same.
What?? This is the competitive codeset were talking about. You can do whatever the heck you want to the game when in a party setting. There's absolutely no conflict here.

Having said that, look at the video of Spear Pillar with the death boundary mod. That stage has no edges, two stationary platforms, and the smallest bottom death boundary by far. There's no other stage like that in the game. The whole point of these codes is to offer something new. Whether or not it's a stupid stage in the end is besides the point, the codes are doing their job by offering it up in the first place. Again, absolutely no room for complaint, aside from improving the codes themselves.

Cero

Smash Lord
Having said that, look at the video of Spear Pillar with the death boundary mod. That stage has no edges, two stationary platforms, and the smallest bottom death boundary by far. There's no other stage like that in the game.
There's no edges?

EDIT: Just re-watched the vid. There's definitely edges. (Lol. That would've sucked. :laugh:)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This isn't Melee 2.0, this is Brawl+. We continually add flavor to characters, so why not have a flavorful neutral? Take the cars out of it completely, and it becomes a nice neutral.
And how does this not being melee 2.0 have anything to do with the questionable neutrality of a stage? Mute city was CP in melee because it gave some characters huge advantages and hurt others badly. Port town has a lot of the same features as mute city did in melee, and all of those effects are still applicable. Port town will never be a neutral. Removing the cars would make it a beautiful counterpick, but it's not ever gonna be neutral. Ever.

@Cero: There are edges, but the bottom is terribly shallow, so if you try to sweetspot, you'll probably die lol

Cero

Smash Lord
Do we want Spear Pillar to be like that? Couldn't we pull down the bottom boundary just a little bit? It looks almost as suffocating as a walkoff...

-Chad-

Slackerator
If I wanted to change the buffer value, what part of the code do I need to change?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I tried to search the thread for it but came up empty :(

Revven

FrankerZ
The highest value is A (10) so, if you don't want 2 frames of buffer at all just get rid of the code and it'll be the default. If you want 5 frames, it'd be 05, if you want 3 frames it'd be 03 (if there's a 0 already there just put 3, 5, 6 etc).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If I wanted to change the buffer value, what part of the code do I need to change?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I tried to search the thread for it but came up empty :(
Use the new buffer handicap code. It changes your buffer based on your handicap. ie 10% = 1 frame, 50% = 5 frames, 100%-300% = 10 frames

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, I doubt he can fit that code in the 3.3 set as well as the ignore handicap code (also required for the handicap = buffering to work).

-Chad-

Slackerator
Well, I doubt he can fit that code in the 3.3 set as well as the ignore handicap code (also required for the handicap = buffering to work).
Yeah I can't.

Buffer Modifier with Tumbling Change [Phantom Wings/spunit262, 10 Lines]
C285B784 00000009
38600002 8087007C
80840034 2C040042
41A0001C 2C040049
41A10014 4182000C
38600000 48000008
3860000A 809F015C
7C041800 4182000C
3880FFFF 909F0150
60000000 00000000
I just need to know what part of that I change to change the buffer =x I dunno which is the right number >_> (assuming this is even the right code, I'm hopin I'm not that ********)

Torchico

Smash Rookie
Yo! Its been a long time ago since I posted anything in the forums, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I think you´re doing a great job!

About the Beta 3.3

The 3.2 worked fine, but the game crashes a LOT after I installed the new one. Am I the only one that´s experiencing this problem?

Revven

FrankerZ
No you're not the only one Torchico, but, don't worry, just wait for the new beta set to be released very soon which will have gotten rid of most of those common freezes.

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
I hope this belongs in this thread, but has anyone noticed that Luigi's down-taunt spike seems to be much easier now? It's most likely the "no auto sweetspot ledges" code, but if anyone has some answers, it would be appreciated.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I think we need Tumble codes for B+ purpouse, it's a skill that players need if they want to achive more in the fight

skills is what defines a Competitive game, and the "No AD during tumble and FF During Tumble" codes must be in

I vote for the to be on

Torchico

Smash Rookie
No you're not the only one Torchico, but, don't worry, just wait for the new beta set to be released very soon which will have gotten rid of most of those common freezes.
Allright, thanks for the input. :) Can´t wait!

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I messed with Beta 4 a bit and noted the changelist. Looks pretty **** good so far, a lot of fixes! Hopefully I can get some in depth play on it soon for some serious impression.

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
i am really looking forward to the next beta to get rid of the game freezes. it happens to me too after a while playing. i thing you guys are doing a fantastic job on this project. Kudos!!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I think we need Tumble codes for B+ purpouse, it's a skill that players need if they want to achive more in the fight

skills is what defines a Competitive game, and the "No AD during tumble and FF During Tumble" codes must be in

I vote for the to be on
same. no ad during tumble was sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom