• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you gave him a bubble shield, you'd buff and nerf yoshi. More so nerf in ways of fact and opinion.

Also, McD sucks. Wendy's is top tier.
He could be shield poked, but it would drop instantly and he'd be more mobile out of it. I believe it would be a buff, but that's just me. I only play Yoshi for fun, so eh. I'll leave that to the Yoshi mains

What kind of psycho goes to Wendy's and doesn't get the Chicken Nuggets?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He could be shield poked, but it would drop instantly and he'd be more mobile out of it. I believe it would be a buff, but that's just me. I only play Yoshi for fun, so eh. I'll leave that to the Yoshi mains

What kind of psycho goes to Wendy's and doesn't get the Chicken Nuggets?
No he couldnt. He'd lose the exit shield buff and be victim to shield stun like everyone else. He'd just be able to get shield poked. Its a nerf, not a buff.

Also

Wendy's Chicken Nuggets? wtf scrub. Low Tier ******ry. Jr Bacon Cheeseburger for .99 is MK Tier. Baconator is Snake Tier. Fries are Melee Fox Tier.

You know nothing.

No he couldnt. He'd lose the exit shield buff and be victim to shield stun like everyone else. He'd just be able to get shield poked. Its a nerf, not a buff.

Also

Wendy's Chicken Nuggets? wtf scrub. Low Tier ******ry. Jr Bacon Cheeseburger for .99 is MK Tier. Baconator is Snake Tier. Fries are Melee Fox Tier.

You know nothing.
Yes he could.
And the exit shield buff wouldn't do anything for him because he can't jump out of it anyway. The only thing he can do out of a shield offensively is a grab.

Though honestly, wouldn't it be much less of a pain if he could just jump out of his egg shield? Problem solved.

TIRES DON EXITS. D=<

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I can't speak for all Yoshi mains in Brawl, but I personally got used to being unable to jump out of shield. It'd be nice to, of course, but we could live without it. I guess the same goes here, especially since Yoshi has more offensive options now due to his combo ability.

I didn't notice that the shield exit animations are faster, but since that's the case, I don't really think much more is necessary. Either that, or it's too soon to tell. Just my two cents though.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
I'm running Brawl+ PAL (without freezing stage code), and I found out that with pjs that change in their final smash form (eg Bowser), the final smash doesn't work.

It also happen to Samus and Zamus. They can't change one another.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm running Brawl+ PAL (without freezing stage code), and I found out that with pjs that change in their final smash form (eg Bowser), the final smash doesn't work.

It also happen to Samus and Zamus. They can't change one another.
The No Swap on Down B code affects these characters for some reason. It'll be fixed don't worry.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I don't think many people [can] even switch between Samus and Zamus >>
Final Smashes lolwut?

Anyway, couldn't we just use the Pokemon Trainer "No swap on death" codes even if it takes up more than 256 lines?

shanus

Smash Hero
In our latest set (using ~ 400ish lines) that no switch stuff is completely addressed.

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
The Plusery4B_USA.txt and the RSBE01.gct have different codes (for 3-19 update)

why?

I know this because I was watching a replay with Plusery4B_USA.txt when the actual match was being played with RSBE01.gct

and the characters started SDing and doing things I never did in the match

HeKn_402

Smash Rookie
Is there any room in the future codeset for MK's Tornado change? It's grown on me and I would love for it to be put back in!

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Space I believe. MK will see lots more nerfs in the future!!

I still feel sorry for all the people who only use the official codes, as for the past few weeks you guys have had to play with no AD out of tumble (something taken out on the first Beta after the official, and thank God it was).

Cero

Smash Lord
^^

Seriously, It's not that bad.
All you have to do is DI and fast fall to a tech. Almost like in Melee...

The reason for the code, I believe, was to make it harder for characters to get out of combos. At the same time, it made it easier for characters to string combos together. (e.g. Captain Falcon :chuckle:)

So, it was a nerf and a buff at the same time. It just took a little time to get used to.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Yet now it's gone anyway, so what was the point? THAT'S why I feel bad, haha. Also it served quite a problem against characters who juggle upward like Fox and Wolf, they owned way too much. Anyway, let's not bring that up again, it's gone, and shall stay gone! (It better!)

HeKn_402

Smash Rookie
I might be hated by other MK mains (as I am one) for this, but he does need some slight modifications, but the only things i ask is that the b+ 3.2 MK tornado gravity be put back in and his up air be left be. Those are just my opinions.. Keep up the good work guys!!!

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Tested 4.0... I think the tech window (tech fix v 0.4) needs to be smaller. I found it extremely easy to tech.

Everything else was great.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Tested 4.0... I think the tech window (tech fix v 0.4) needs to be smaller. I found it extremely easy to tech.

Everything else was great.
It's supposed to be easy to tech. Teching is meant to be a reflex, not a technique you have to practice a ton just to use it. If you want to tech, then you should just... tech. The only missed techs should be ones that you intentionally do not press the button for.

Why don't we keep the egg shield and allow yoshi to jump out? He could in 64
I actually like the sped up exit shield animation for him. It allows him to actually have an OOS game, and a pretty good one, at that. If his dsmash came out faster it would be perfect.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I actually like the sped up exit shield animation for him. It allows him to actually have an OOS game, and a pretty good one, at that. If his dsmash came out faster it would be perfect.
Eh, that works I guess. But getting rid of the egg shell is blasphemy hehe, I'd rather him jump out but speeding the end up I guess is not bad.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
It's supposed to be easy to tech. Teching is meant to be a reflex, not a technique you have to practice a ton just to use it. If you want to tech, then you should just... tech. The only missed techs should be ones that you intentionally do not press the button for.
I forgot to address that. I wasn't sure if the idea was to make it a necessary "skill" or to make it very easy.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
15 frames on the .4 code felt like a good middle ground between skill and reflex, I'm not sure what that equates to in the most recent code, though.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Well, the default teching was very skill based and we all know how everyone felt about that :laugh:
That is true. ;]

Are any move mods complete yet? I saw some discussion of Link's Up B and Rest, but I've only seen Rest posted (which it seems doesn't work anyway).

Brawl Gecko OS worked perfectly for me... No strange sounds or anything. =)

Almas

Smash Lord
We're currently testing changes for Sheik's Ftilt, MK's Fair and Dair, Link's Grounded Up+B and Samus' FSmash. Unfortunately, we discovered that the current code does not support throws or projectiles.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
We're currently testing changes for Sheik's Ftilt, MK's Fair and Dair, Link's Grounded Up+B and Samus' FSmash. Unfortunately, we discovered that the current code does not support throws or projectiles.
Cool. Thank you for the information.

I was hoping for Jiggly to get its throws buffed by this, but it can wait. :)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
What are we doing with Jiggs rest? It could use a boost. Not back to Melee's power, but it should kill at a lower % than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom