• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah I have no ****ing idea what you guys are talking about with these freezes you're getting. I haven't had a SINGLE freeze in the past week and a half. I even played Shell for four hours today and not a single freeze. (In Beta 4.0)

Please explain the situations more, kthxbi.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah I have no ****ing idea what you guys are talking about with these freezes you're getting. I haven't had a SINGLE freeze in the past week and a half. I even played Shell for four hours today and not a single freeze. (In Beta 4.0)

Please explain the situations more, kthxbi.
I just randomly got a freeze playing, and I get the new codes like, less then 20 minutes ago lol.

EDIT: in 3.3

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
Theres a glitch in the matrix (aka the brawl+4.0 codeset)

A fully charged DK punch into Ike or Marth's counter results in zero knockback against DK, even at high percents. At 999% DK's feet dont even leave the ground, he takes the damage and slides back a tad.

Only happens at full charge.

Just thought I'd bring this to attention, if it's not already known.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

A fully charged DK punch into Ike or Marth's counter results in zero knockback against DK, even at high percents. At 999% DK's feet dont even leave the ground, he takes the damage and slides back a tad.

DK's fully charged Giant Punch has Super Armor, much like Wario's F-Smash. This is most likely what you were seeing. Unless of course DK wasn't taking ANY damage cause then that is a bug...:chuckle:

GPDP

Smash Ace

I documented this effect a looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. It is due to the decrease in hitlag on counter moves, and since DK's has SA frames on his charged punch, and they don't decrease accordingly, the counter hits him while he's still in the SA frames, thus not receiving knockback.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Lucas's PK Freeze is just about worthless. As an edgeguard, PK thunder or even just trying a spike does a better job. So I have a proposition to make the move worth it.

Instead of having PK Freeze hit upward, just have it freeze them on the spot. Imagine how much better that would be! It would actually make more sense as well. Is this possible, and does anyone else like this idea? In essence, all that has to be done is set the knockback to very low, right?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
If you want to experiment with it, request a friendly coder for the attack data of the freeze and change the attribute / type from Ice to Stun.

Keep all of your Lucas impressions together for the future Lucas discussion.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
If you want to experiment with it, request a friendly coder for the attack data of the freeze and change the attribute / type from Ice to Stun.

Keep all of your Lucas impressions together for the future Lucas discussion.
They still would be incased in a giant block of ice though, correct? Wouldn't just setting the knockback of the move to very very low do a better job? Them being sent upward IS the knockback of the move, right?

And same, I would Freeze here and there in the older versions, but now it seems pointless.

Also... PK Flash, is even more terrible. It's speed needs to be increased by like... 1.3 or something.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Edgeguarding. Lol.
PK fire, bair, dair, fair, all sooo much better of an option to use than PK Flash.

IF PK Flash was faster, then maybe it would be a somewhat reliable option, instead of fooling that one guy who makes a dumb mistake of trying to airdoge it. Also, most character recoveries can already bypass it anyway, even with great timing.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
The only useless move of all is Sing. Seriously, it has ZERO uses.
Sing should be buffed. Make it faster, or cancelable, or have infinite priority, or maybe a better hitbox, but there's no point at all in having a useless move in B+.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Sing should be buffed. Make it faster, or cancelable, or have infinite priority, or maybe a better hitbox, but there's no point at all in having a useless move in B+.
This.^

Make it so you are able to rest people at about 60% with uncanceled singing.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
The move that fails even if you land it...I agree that it should be buffed. Don't say, "Jiggly is already good, she doesn't need buffs!" (Which has been recently a popular argument, to only buff the severely bad characters.) We can try anything and adjust if neccessary.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
PK fire, bair, dair, fair, all sooo much better of an option to use than PK Flash.

IF PK Flash was faster, then maybe it would be a somewhat reliable option, instead of fooling that one guy who makes a dumb mistake of trying to airdoge it. Also, most character recoveries can already bypass it anyway, even with great timing.
then ur doin eet wron lulz

... :/

Not really. A nice size of characters in Brawl/B+ have useless (or semi-useless) moves (Lol Marth bthrow. Lol sonic nair. lol kirby nair. lol snake uthrow, lol mk uthrow). We don't need to buff every single one of them. Buffering her sing now that she has a really strong rest is just asking her to **** all of our woman, pillage out villages, and kill our elderly.

This.^

Make it so you are able to rest people at about 60% with uncanceled singing.
You realize rest can now kill at 45%+ right?

NOT a good idea. .___.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice

Not really. A nice size of characters in Brawl/B+ have useless moves. We don't need to buff every single one of them. Buffering her sing now that she has a really strong rest is just asking her to **** all of our woman, pillage out villages, and kill our elderly.
No. Some moves are bad. Some moves are horrible. Sing is useless. You won't ever use it. Never.

If we can change that, why shouldn't we? IDC if Jiggs needs a buff or not, but it's pointless not to change it.

Also, I'm not saying you should be able to combo into rest. Just give sing some use. Maybe she should start healing herself a bit after 40 frames (that's actually a lot)? I dunno.

Sing is there to punish you for screwing up a Rising Pound, and ******* with people in team battles.

If we buff Sing, I want an instant homing attack, more maneuverable PK Flash, better PK Freeze, useful FLUDD, and a faster Jet Hammer. >_>

Conclusion: Jiggles doesn't need a buff. She's getting insane rest again, is she not?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No. Some moves are bad. Some moves are horrible. Sing is useless. You won't ever use it. Never.

If we can change that, why shouldn't we? IDC if Jiggs needs a buff or not, but it's pointless not to change it.

Also, I'm not saying you should be able to combo into rest. Just give sing some use. Maybe she should start healing herself a bit after 40 frames (that's actually a lot)? I dunno.

... .____.

Sing is more useful than Marth's Bthrow. Sing is NOT useless. It's just really situational. Marth's Bthrow has no purpose what so ever.

Saying Sing is useless is saying that it has NO USE what-so-ever. So unless you're exaggerating by saying "useless" instead of something else, you're dead wrong when you say sing is useless.

But if you really REALLY have to push for a buff to sing. Do NOT let it combo into rest as that is a ridiculous combo that should NOT exist.

You want a buff? Remember that flower effect Rest gave? Give it to sing. So that if you at least hit them with the situational move, you get something out of it.

Have Sing put to sleep and inflict flower. But ultimately she does not need it because it is NOT a useless move.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sing is not worthless. Take advantage of invincibility frames from the ledge, hop off of it, sing, grab the ledge again (Canceling the move), and bam. Opponent sleeping, you aren't.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sing is not worthless. Take advantage of invincibility frames from the ledge, hop off of it, sing, grab the ledge again (Canceling the move), and bam. Opponent sleeping, you aren't.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

it seems like no one knows how to ledge hog sing. .__.

Situational moves are situational but can still be used if used properly.

IC3R

Smash Lord
As anyone else tried approaching with Ganon's Warlock Punch with momentum?

It's so satisfying to land~

*is completely serious*

Rikana

Smash Champion
I swear I linked to a youtube video of SMK's where 1der was playing as jigs and used sing at the ledge. He could've connected another move but he wasn't fast enough. Sing is NOT useless. Useless is an attack that does nothing. Sing does not need to be buffed.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
then ur doin eet wron lulz

Not really. A nice size of characters in Brawl/B+ have useless (or semi-useless) moves (Lol Marth bthrow. Lol sonic nair. lol kirby nair. lol snake uthrow, lol mk uthrow). We don't need to buff every single one of them. Buffering her sing now that she has a really strong rest is just asking her to **** all of our woman, pillage out villages, and kill our elderly.

You realize rest can now kill at 45%+ right?

NOT a good idea. .___.
Sonic's nair isn't useless. Actually has decent knockback properties for edgeguarding and a fun suprise when the opponent expects a fair.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sonic's nair isn't useless. Actually has decent knockback properties for edgeguarding and a fun suprise when the opponent expects a fair.
I also said in brackets (semi-useless)

lololololo. I wanted to say usmash though. I dont know why I didnt add that in with Nair.

EDIT: Then again no move in smash bros is truly "useless", but there are some moves that are truly pointless to use.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Melee Jiggly didn't need Sing to be good. The only buffs I see that Jiggly needs are to reduce the lag of her smashes.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yeah the biggest problem with Jigglypuff is that if you are grounded, your pretty much forced to throw -> aerial attack. Her smashes are way to slow and not that great.

Is the rest buff part of the official 4.0 codeset?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Yeah the biggest problem with Jigglypuff is that if you are grounded, your pretty much forced to throw -> aerial attack. Her smashes are way to slow and not that great.

Is the rest buff part of the official 4.0 codeset?
Yes, it is. And it ***** face.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

it seems like no one knows how to ledge hog sing. .__.

Situational moves are situational but can still be used if used properly.
No. How many times has that worked against a smart opponent? NEVER. I mean, seriously. It's not situational when it never works against someone who doesn't suck horribly.

I ledge cancel sing only as a taunt (i rarely play jiggs though, mained her for a short period of time). Almost any other puff main does that. And Sing should be actually an attack, not a taunt.

Afaik, you don't get punished when using Marth's B-throw. It was a crappy move in Melee and it still is, but you can actually use it, and some people will use it, and inflicts damage!. Kirby's N-Air is never your best option, but it's an option. MK's upthrow can be used with Pika as a teammate (up throw->thunder).

I don't think you can't compare sing to any other move in the game. And, if ever, some move proves to be even more worthless than sing, I would actually support a buff for that move.

Dark Sonic said:
The burden of proof is on you, not us.

Buffing a move that a character has is buffing the character. Prove that Jigglypuff warrants a buff.
I can't. Anyone can prove that X needs a buff or a nerf right now. No B+ metagame, no tourneys, beta codesets. Noone has "prove" that anyone needs a buff, because they can't. I just wanted to discuss this: why should useless moves stay useless in B+, when we can change them?

I'm not going to continue with the discussion: "Is sing useless or very situational?" Go playing Brawl and try to land and combo after it. Play as many matches as you want. Show me how you land it in an "pro" match and I will admit I was wrong.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No. How many times has that worked against a smart opponent? NEVER. I mean, seriously. It's not situational when it never works against someone who doesn't suck horribly.
You can't say never. You know you can't say never. :/

Unleess you can actually proove that "pros" never get hit with ledge sing, you can't say never. (Protip: Not all professional matches are recorded/uploaded.)

Afaik, you don't get punished when using Marth's B-throw. It was a crappy move in Melee and it still is, but you can actually use it, and some people will use it, and inflicts damage!. Kirby's N-Air is never your best option, but it's an option. MK's upthrow can be used with Pika as a teammate (up throw->thunder).
These are all options, yes, but they're sitll bad options. And really, any marth who knows what they're doing will tell you to never use Bthrow over dthrow. Even with stale moves as you can easily just use DB to restore your other moves. Sing is another option, albeit is a bad one, but it is still on. MK's uthrow, as you describe it is situational, as is Sing. :/

I don't think you can't compare sing to any other move in the game. And, if ever, some move proves to be even more worthless than sing, I would actually support a buff for that move.
Sing is worth more than Bthrow. Should Bthrow be buffed? Nooooo.

Yea. Bthrow does damage, and does knockback, but everything it does is done better by dthrow. Dthrow is superior in every single way, so using Bthrow is really a bad choice when you can dthrow. At least sing has a quality, if not more, that is not over shadowed by the rest of her moveset. She can use other options, and maybe better one, but I bet there is always a right time to use sing in some way or form, even if it comes once a year. The opportunity will eventually present itself. That's what makes it situational, albeit extremly situational.

Bthrow is just trash. Dthrow will always > Bthrow.

Cero

Smash Lord
You can use sing in situational team combos too.

... I still wouldn't mind a small sing buff.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You can use sing in situational team combos too.

... I still wouldn't mind a small sing buff.

I suggested a flower effect for sing. A new idea is to have the hitbox of sing come out sooner than normal. hell frame 1 wouldnt be bad.

But that's only if jiggs warrents a buff.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

Marth b-throw. Can I has teh buffs noa?
Afaik, you don't get punished when using Marth's B-throw. It was a crappy move in Melee and it still is, but you can actually use it, and some people will use it, and inflicts damage!..

It has more lag than stun at low percents. I'm completely serious. Another Marth can land his side B combo on you because you decided to b-throw him like an idiot. Many characters can land fast aerials on you before you're out of stun. B-throw inflicts less damage than d-throw as well. D-throw is superior in every concievable way.

Cero

Smash Lord
Is it possible to give sing knockback?

So you could possibly knock someone off stage while their still asleep... kind of like Yoshi's egg lay right next to the ledge from N64.

Or is that too big of a buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom