• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You can't change the hitbox properties of throws or projectiles right now. Pretty self-explanatory.

Example: The Brawl 64 folks can't make crazy throws yet.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
We're currently testing changes for Sheik's Ftilt, MK's Fair and Dair, Link's Grounded Up+B and Samus' FSmash. Unfortunately, we discovered that the current code does not support throws or projectiles.
Sheik fair buff and Jiggly rest buff should be next on the list.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
You can't change the hitbox properties of throws or projectiles right now. Pretty self-explanatory.

Example: The Brawl 64 folks can't make crazy throws yet.
Oh. I thought it meant that activating the code made throws and projectiles glitchy.

Also, what was the logic behind adding no autojab and removing deadlands in shanus' latest codeset? When can i expect a beta3.4 or beta4.0 (whichever one it may be) release?

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
Everyone, I have found, most likely, the most hilarious thing in Brawl+ to date.

Just use a timer, and see for yourself.

(Make sure it's a regular timer, not the timer that affects everyone.)

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Is there a plan to release a new codeset (or beta/s) now that the line cap is higher?

Right now I´m using the 4.0Beta Codeset (+Custom CSS+Default Settings) and I feel like Im wasting lines I could use but, since I dont know much on how codes work, I dont know what to add. Im sure I could be using some other codes that will enhance gameplay but right now I dont know which.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
There is also a thing about fast-falling to a slope (eg Yoshi's stage from Melee, or Corneria). Try doing it with Falcon, you'll get an incredible wavelanding.

Also... I still don't get to like the code for freezing stages. We have enough tournament stages without them IMHO.

Anyway, great job guys. Brawl is way more fun now.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Also... I still don't get to like the code for freezing stages. We have enough tournament stages without them IMHO.
Well dont know but the way I see it, the more variety the better, besides playing in Pokemon Stadium 2 is just so full of win, I mean the stages is beautiful but the stage changes were so annoying T_T if they were less annoying like the PS1 ones..

Revven

FrankerZ
The problem with PS1 are the edges, with PS2 frozen now we have a GOOD Pokemon Stadium stage that has GOOD ledges. And with Warioware frozen, we now have a stage that's close to the Yoshi's Story stage in Melee (not the N64 one). Close boundaries and able to wall jump on the sides, how can you not like it? It's a neutral, there's really only three neutrals without these stages frozen/reversed.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Uhm I think I read before that SSE stages can't be accessed from the codes to use in Brawl mode, is that right?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The problem with PS1 are the edges, with PS2 frozen now we have a GOOD Pokemon Stadium stage that has GOOD ledges. And with Warioware frozen, we now have a stage that's close to the Yoshi's Story stage in Melee (not the N64 one). Close boundaries and able to wall jump on the sides, how can you not like it? It's a neutral, there's really only three neutrals without these stages frozen/reversed.
Honestly. I think that we should increase the size of WarioWare because the stage size overall is too small and leads to early kills where on other stages, good DI would of saved the person that was launched.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I agree with leaf. But I do think that being small, it could be a counter pick instead of neutral.

Its boarder line.

Anyway. I can't wait till we get the official SWF 3.4 update!!!!!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
3.4? Dude, next update is gonna be a full blown 4.0. We're using the new brawl geckoOS for it, so expect many new tweaks.

And as a general announcement: We apologize for the wait on releasing the next beta. We've been making almost constant changes since the release of the brawl geckoOS, which includes quite a few character tweaks.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah these changes are effecting my ability to write my thesis, so you better like them! :p

luvs2pluck

Smash Apprentice
dang it, I had just gotten used to the 2 frame tech window from the old code sets, but I get its not supposed to be that hard.

and since you guys apparently can't modify throws yet, what are you going to do about pika's dthrow (and to a lesser extent, Peach's)?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Some one fill me in on as to why this thread isn't being updated with the 4.0 code set?
It's still in the testing stage. They're modifying values constantly, and thus it won't be released until they feel they got the desired results.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
For anyone that loves the lightning punch like I do (did, at least):

I tried to overhaul Ganon's Jab again and this is what I've got:

3.5x initial, then 2x on frame 4, then .33x on frame 25, then 2.667x on frame 28

Which creates:

Mod

Hit (3-4), IASA (20), and Ends / Shield (24)

Melee

Hit (3-5) IASA (19), and Ends / Shield (21)

vBrawl

Hit (8-9) IASA (28) and Ends / Shield (36)

Some problems -- it's a little choppy right now. In brawl, the hand lingers out there for about 16 frames. In melee, it stayed out for about 4 frames, creating the aesthetic of just popping out and disappearing, which I wanted to recreate.

The only way to replicate this was to speed up the part where the jab's hanging out drastically but then slow down the ending retraction frames right before the IASA frame (28) a ton to preserve the move's interval. I'll probably tone this down soon so that it there's more of an organic feel at the cost of it hanging out longer.

Another problem, is that it seems like it's got a super fast interval compared to melee, when it is, in fact, 1 frame longer in this code. I'm fairly certain that this is because IASA frames might have had a punishment window in Melee, but are mashable in vBrawl. Thus, they're the same speeds, but Melee's was just harder to pull off consistently.

If I just had a way to remove the IASA frames from the middle of the move I'd be able to fix it perfectly.

The frame data code for the jab:

* 141C0024 402AAB36
* 141A0024 3E4CCCCD
* 140B0024 40200000
* 14000024 40600000

Play around with it. Ask me questions -- I'm sure a lot of that didn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom