• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

hiROI

Smash Lord
Since EVERYONE was asking for huge skill level matches, I was guessing the bracket is coming soon. Its understandable, but people were a little mean. One thing I don't like about wifi is that its so hard to bonewalk :/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if you think outsidethe box, it really isnt. peopleactually buffer thier movesallthetime on wifi sincethere isa lil lag. Everything that you do is buffered to do things on point. So just buffer bone walking. I thinkIam gonna head up stairs and see if this weather stop messing with my **** connection. if it did I can kill some usless time and play on wifi.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Raz used to be my primary wifi buddy until HIS ****ING ROUTER BROKE :mad:. But it's okay, next tourny we see each other at I'll just give him my old one ;o

if you think outsidethe box, it really isnt. peopleactually buffer thier movesallthetime on wifi sincethere isa lil lag. Everything that you do is buffered to do things on point. So just buffer bone walking. I thinkIam gonna head up stairs and see if this weather stop messing with my **** connection. if it did I can kill some usless time and play on wifi.
I love that emil avatar you always bring up. I really need to find one myself sometime.

Mine trying to play me DP? I promise to play as offline-legit as possible. Although, I will pretty much be busy all day sunday due to some local errands and stuff. In the evening is the best time I could play for sure.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I love that emil avatar you always bring up. I really need to find one myself sometime.

Mine trying to play me DP? I promise to play as offline-legit as possible. Although, I will pretty much be busy all day sunday due to some local errands and stuff. In the evening is the best time I could play for sure.
My wireless usb is still not connecting to the library signal. So I can'tget on it. ****it I freaking hate this crappy area.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
stupid net is still out for my PC. This **** is getting annoying. I added my new friend code on my profile. I am not sure how strong/good this random connection will be.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I might take you up on that since I need to brush up on the ditto. LLOD beat me one too many times on the ladder for me to stay content.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm gonna head upstairs, getting boring in this computer room. Kyle, I'll add you on my wifi now. KB send me yours through aim. I'm be on it through my phone.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I started using Peach for DK now, and i beat this really good DK in tourney ^.^ . I like the match up but it's so annoying how he lives twice as long as me -_-

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hi people. I feel like its been a while.

Wifi: Yay you guys are starting to play :D Its hard to start, but you eventually get used to it. I mean, I've been playing like 10 hours of wifi everyday and I think I've gotten used to it :) AiB does have some pretty arrogant people tho... Like my bro, my friend, some random dude and I were doing friendly dubz, and even tho the random dude was clearly a lot worse than us other 3, he kept on taunting, blaming his partner, and johning X_X But, it can be pretty fun. I've made a ton of friends on AiB, and its cool just talking to people. (And, I think I've finally gotten top 4 :D )

Peach Dittos: Omg this is like my worst matchup ever D: I keep losing to other peaches on wifi for some reason. The only good Peach that I've played is KB lol. Our peach dittos are epic :laugh: But, I don't like this matchup on wifi. It doesn't match me and Kyon's thwory that Peach dittos are all about bair and turnips lol

Peach vs DK: An annoying matchup. I played this dude, and couldn't kill until like 230% every stock D: But its fun comboing the heck out of him

Peach vs Kirby: Meh. Don't get baired xD Not my favorite matchup

SS+HG: I just got these today, and I haven't started them out yet. I missed the Jirachi event, but o well xD

I just want to say how unfair it is that you guys, who are such a well behaved community, get 6 mods while the Snake boards get only 4 mods. We are way worse than you are at being behaved.

Everytime I see "DP" I think "double penetration" :ohwell:
For someone to be drawn to that conclusion, one must wonder what your thought process is and the kind of lifestyle you lead to develop that thought process :laugh:

LMAO

I'll wifi people as long as it's not EC (too much lag, otherwise I'd love to), peach dittos are fun.
I'm MW. I'll notify you someday when I can play.

I like saving Uair for the kill since it kills off the roof.
Uair is very flashy. ;)<-----{Double Meaning}

I just want to say that I'm extremely jealous of anyone that has Pokemon HG or SS right now.
Does this mean I have gloating privilages for the time being? If so, I just want to let you know I'm invoking them if I have them. :)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Think it would be worth it to buy a legit copy, or just wait for the next generation pokemon? I feel not enough changed to buy HG/SS for me.

Think it would be worth it to buy a legit copy, or just wait for the next generation pokemon? I feel not enough changed to buy HG/SS for me.
What do you find important about the series?

To me, this remake was a must need to have one or the other. Gold and Silver is virtually nonplayable in a legit manner. It is really difficult to get ahold of a good copy. Any copy you might get will probably have a battery problem that no longer will enable it to safe data unless you take apart the game itself and replace the battery.

On the plus side, the game series is updated to the newest generation and is compatiable with the newer series. It's so much nicer to use waterfall with gyarados in the nearer generation and expect it to utilize it's phy. attack instead of it's crummy special attack stat. The generation gap between gbc with the gba/ds era was a pain because you could never really put any of the pokemon you might have put time into, into any use due to them not being tradeable. And good luck finding another person who still has the gbc series and would want to play someone else on it.

In short, I feel it's worth getting the game for the replay value. I can no longer really play the GBC games due to the battery problem, and getting a newer updated version with more perks enables me to keep playing the series and with some nice bonuses. And, I can probably entrust the technology of this era to make these games last a bit longer than GBC ones would.

Which the whole replay value thing an making sure I can keep playing it for years to come is why I got the virtual console of super smash bros. because my nintendo 64 controllers are horrible and do not really work anymore.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Xeylode, my net is back. I am gonna set up my trick to get axcess on my router and use my lan adaptor. get ready to play me now if you can

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Since EVERYONE was asking for huge skill level matches, I was guessing the bracket is coming soon. Its understandable, but people were a little mean. One thing I don't like about wifi is that its so hard to bonewalk :/
Yeah, it kinda sucks trying to get started when the season is already well underway ;/. Personally I love bonewalking on wifi xD (odd as I generally hate wifi).

By the way guys, I'm going to be the next top Peach player in the country. <3
Go for it! Someone needs to step up and take the crown.

I don't think the games are worth 40$, but amazon has SS for like 33$.... and after playing the game a bit I think it might be worth that.
The games are actually a noticeable step up from Platinum in terms of audio/visual stuff. The overworld looks nicer with more detail overall; the tall grass looks really good in particular. There are still some reused sprites, but it's enough of a change to give it a new feeling. The audio is just amazing: the G/S remixes are spot-on, and there are now environmental sound effects like the sound of the ocean, your own footsteps, and water dripping in a cave.

Outside of that there are a bunch of small things that are pretty neat. The menu system is completely redesigned so that the touch screen can be used for all of it, and it works really well. You can toggle run off and on (!!!) so that you don't have to be holding "B" down the entire game. Oh, and the "pokemon walking behind you thing" is really cool actually; I hope it becomes a series staple. I remember once turning around to see how my totodile (the best starter btw ;)) was doing, and he preceded to fidget a bit along with a message that went something like "Totodile is opening and closing his mouth wildly!". I really couldn't help but grin after that :laugh:.

I think it's also worth mentioning that I always felt like G/S had a certain magic to it that R/S and D/P failed to completely capture... and HG/SS both do a good job of recapturing that.

Meh, ok I'm done rambling. Really when it comes down to it though the games are remakes at their core, and the series' base game mechanics are the same as they've always been (change IVs/EVs plz :mad:). Next gen being out in a year's time (less if you import) doesn't help either. It's up to you I guess. I'm still undecided myself as though I really like the game 33$ is a lot for a remake.....

Maybe the pokewalker will push me over the edge.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Erm it's more of a co main of ZSS and Peach, and MK as secondary
I hear that cool dudes main AND secondary MK.

Do you want to be a cool dude?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
BAD music hacking is annoying. I like to think that I have an amazing soundtrack on my Brawl. Since I've spent countless hours finding individual pieces that fit each stage's mood. And have gotten pretty good response from it.
You and me both brother...you and me both. And I received great feedback on mine as well. :3

Xyless

Smash Master
You and me both brother...you and me both. And I received great feedback on mine as well. :3
My textures get all the people coming to my Wii too. People seem to love people who have CHARACTER textures and not stage textures.

Speaking of which, this is a great time to mention how much I hate when people use texture hacks, especially on neutrals. A lot of textures are cool on a super clear TV, but far too many are too dark or too harshly colored to look good on not-as-good TVs. It's really frustrating having difficulties seeing a character or something going on.

The only stage texture hacks I have are currently on mega-banned stages (75M and Mushroomy Kingdoms), and I have Temple replaced with the SSE Shrine stage. Though I'm looking for more custom stages to replace banned stages, I don't really want to retexture any other stages.

Top Bottom