• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Boss Thread (THIS THREAD IS BOSS)

Spire

III
BRoomer
But he's extremely intimidating Teran. When you're 8 years old and this is it, you're under a lot of pressure. Plus you are swordless and his tail isn't exactly an obvious target because a) it's not glowing and b) it doesn't have an eye on it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Fyrus actually did a good amount of damage to me wen I fought him. I'd miss his chain when I would grabbed then he'd get up and his me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Fyrus actually did a good amount of damage to me wen I fought him. I'd miss his chain when I would grabbed then he'd get up and his me.
LOL.

Twilight Princess has a ton of incredibly awesome looking bosses that are easy as hell.

The one in the Sky Temple with the double hookshots looks so epic but man is it easy.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, it shows it's SotC influence there not just stylistically and in the "latch on and stab" mechanics but also that the fights are more about the shear spectacle than difficulty

I love it for it's epicness anyway though

Spire

III
BRoomer
On my second play through Twilight Princess, I specifically spent a long time in the boss battles just for the sheer spectacality of them all. If you give yourself enough time to appreciate the bosses and how they interact in their environments, you can actually have a lot of fun. Granted you are basically in control of the situation because a) you know how to defeat them and b) there is a terribly low difficulty level, but it can still be enjoyable and even cinematic. Try swimming away from Morpheel in his same trajectory donut path or standing on the columns and watching him swim around bashing everything.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
Close competition between Gohma and Dodongo. While Gohma climbs up on the ceiling, she allows a good 5-10 seconds to shoot her eye with the slingshot, making it even more simpler, her eye glows a bright red making it pretty hard to miss. Dodongo is self-explanatory, just step to the side and you won't be touched. It is understandable why these are easy though, it wouldn't make much sense to have a difficult boss so early in the game.
This.

In LA hot head in turtle rock was pretty easy for being the boss of the last dungeon. If I remember right

spam magic rod
No need to even swing sword
profit.

Also the jelly fish in Jabu Jabu's belly in Oracle of Ages.

He shoots an energy ball (that he's weak to)
shoot hookshot (makes link and jellyfish trade spots)
repeat a few more times.

Honestly even when I was younger I always had more trouble doing something like getting a fairy in the 4th dungeon in MM or flying over pits to get the flippers in OoA...that always took me a good 5-10 tries.

</not angler fish post>

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But he's extremely intimidating Teran. When you're 8 years old and this is it, you're under a lot of pressure. Plus you are swordless and his tail isn't exactly an obvious target because a) it's not glowing and b) it doesn't have an eye on it.
Speak for yourself.

Personally I found arachnids far more scary than giant pig trolls.

Honestly the hardest part for me as a kid was the Shadow Temple, because I was too ****scared to go in, like even down the well I had to push myself. In the end I did it all though yay.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Of course Queen Gohma is the easiest, being the first boss of Ocarina which is (while it is a master piece and the best game of all time) is one of the easier Zeldas. But I do have to say that Goht was incredibly easy, though a very fun boss. If any one dies in either of those boss fights EVER, under any circumstances, then they need to be stoned.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^
If you think about it, there's not such a thing as a hard Zelda game, all of them are easy to complete, the problem/emotion/intrigue comes when you are trying to complete it 100% that's where the reall fun/challange lies. :D

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
that is true 3mmannu3lrc, in OoT, was too hard find all the secrets in spesial the gold spiders and the pieces of heart

i finish the OoT at 100% yesterday (no, not was my first time) so i will start with Majoras mask. the bosess now, dont gonna be so easy Xd

PD do you have a shorter name? :ohwell:

Masky

Smash Master
^^^
If you think about it, there's not such a thing as a hard Zelda game, all of them are easy to complete, the problem/emotion/intrigue comes when you are trying to complete it 100% that's where the reall fun/challange lies. :D
meh, not really, OoA or MM are pretty hard if you don't use a guide

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I don't remember Gohma. Why was sue so easy?
Gohma is the first boss in OoT, the spider-looking thing with a huge eye at the end of the Deku Tree. She really doesn't pose much of a threat, as I don't think I have ever taken damage from her. All that needs to be done in order to kill her is simply shoot her eye with the sling-shot and then slash with the sword. Even when she tries to lay her babies, and climbs on the ceiling, she gives you a good 5 seconds to shoot her eye, which had turned bright red.

I really don't think she is harder than Dodongo though. I think he only has the intimidating factor due to his much larger size.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think there needs to be a thread called "Who is MOST FUN boss in the Zelda series?"

The opinions would be a lot more varied, imo.

TimeTemporal

Smash Cadet
Can't OOT Morpha be taken out in a single cycle if you know what you're doing? At least Gohma lasts a bit longer then that.
And that's with just the hookshot and Master Sword. No need for op equipment here.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I've beat gohma is one cycle before I believe, either way, Morpha can cause some serious damage if you don't know what your doin', but gohma is easy no matter what.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Coolest/Most fun boss in Zelda

My favorite boss is by far OOT Volvagia. I just thought it seemed like the largest scale/ most epic boss in OoT and the fire temple is the best dungeon in history

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I think the coolest boss is Bongo Bongo, he really fits the atmosphere of the Shadow Temple. I always imagined the light drums playing in the back of the Shadow Temple's theme to be him hitting his bongos. I also view him as one of the more challenging bosses in OoT, so that is a plus as well.

As for most fun, I'd have to go with Barinade, the boss of Jabu Jabu's Belly. I am not really sure why seeing as I used to hate him and think it was a very tough fight; but now when I fight him, I find a lot of joy in it. I think maybe because there is a lot going on with the spinning jellyfish.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I found that one of the coolest was Argorok in the from TP. Just the thought of flying through the air while latched onto the back of a dragon is awesome and they executed it fairly well. I'm playing through Wind Waker again and I have to say that WW Gohma is my new favorite incarnation of everyone's favorite spider/scorpion majigger

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
:( que mal, es que tu nombre es algo complicado de escribir... XD

i never used a guide for a Zelda game too, i dont like use them.
Well, on my 4th/5th/6th runthrough of the OoT Water Temple(forgot which run, lol, I've played through that game so many times) I tried to use the guide to find that ONE KEY I always miss(The one under the block in the center building, every time) but I missed it on that.......I hate you water temple, of good lord I hate you......

majora_787

Smash Hero
Argarok from TP, and Gohma for TWW. Large scale boss, and high-flying DRAGON SLAYING. Come on now, you can't say neither fight was awesome. =P

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Goht is the funnest boss for me.

Twinrova is also really fun, and cool-looking as well.

TP had a ton of cool-looking bosses, but none of them were particularly fun. Except the guy you fight with the Spinner.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Dont get my wrong Luigitoilet, for my ,Goth was the most boring boss ever. The first time than i fought with him, i used a diferent tactic (very boring tactic by the way) with him

After defrosting him, I was at the entry, while i was aiming with my bow, the only thing that i have to do was to wait until Goth was giving the return, in that instant, i shoot a fire arrow. Repeat the process up to killing it.

The vases that are in the sides of the door give arrows, and the green vases of the way were giving me magic, this way i was always full with ammo.

i mentioned this before, and again i recomended dont try this, is extremely boring.

2 weeks later i discovered the Goron way..... yeah was the biggest " :facepalm:" of my live as a Gamer

OoT
Quen Gohma, she isnt the funiest one, but is fun beat her

Barinad, was epic defeat him, i got a lot of fun with him

Volvagia, he is very fun too, and the battle was epic, and still being epic

Bongo Bongo is very fun, in special if you fight agains him only with your sword and 3 hearts xP

All Ganondorf battle in OoT ( Human/ Escape/Ganon beast) was SO fun for my

MM

Odolwa was fun for my at the first time, after to discover the spin attack efect on him, i havent the same respect about him. But he still fun to play

Ghot, of course he is fun

Majoras mask all phases, the battle was weird for a Zelda game in my opinion, but was very fun, without Firce dety mask of course

Tp, Sadly there are few memorables bosses here

Maybe he isnt a boss, but was so fun the first time when i fought with him than he deserve a place here

King bubbling, in hyrule field, i fell in the trap the first time..

"man that minions are so anoying, i am gonna kill they first" but the dont stop to apear, so i was after Kin Bubling, Was so fun,

Stalord was fun too, but wasnt the greatest fight ever

Argorok was epic, fight him in the sky was fun, sadly, he only need 3 times to kill him with the master sword :(

Zant was fun, but i still disapointng with his crazy actitude, he was the cool enemie all the game, and at the end he screw it, anyway, is fun play with him

Ganondorf, The Zelda part isnt very fun, the beast part, well... it dont have the same felling of "desperation" how OoT have

The hourse part was a dream turning true for me, and the swor battle was fun.

WW i played WW after, the sword battle with _Ganon in WW are better IMO, but is shortest

Wow, my post was longer than i though XD

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I always thought that boss in TP where the girl Yeti became possessed and turned into Regice on crack was a lot of fun and pretty cool, and Gohma in WW was just plain awesome.

The most memorable part of any Zelda boss fight, though, has to be what happens to Gohma in TP after you beat her.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Goht is the best boss fight in the entire series. I hope they utilize these types of fights throughout Skyward Sword.

Top Bottom