• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best Lucas main...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I mean I don't mean to nit pick or anything, but Tyr it's like your essentially whining that Lucas doesn't have a player that is clearly dominant with him. This can be remedied by some people starting to learn their spacing, looking a THEIR vids and look at what mistakes THEY'RE making. No one will be a M2K or Ally, because Lucas isn't a character that has as many options as Snake or MK. But there can be someone amongst you, that uses Lucas to HIS best potential. Not the potential of winning tournaments probably because he's not such a great character, but enough that someone will look at them and try to replicate their style because it's the best.

summary: stop johning and put some action into work.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Sounds to me like your the one johnin about loosing tournaments cause you using a low tier that is a hidden high tier. Maaaan. Lucas is great, yall just don't know it.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
He's good, until you realize his blindspots in the air and ground. Then, you factor in his lack of range. After that, you realize that his projectile kinda sucks. Next, you deal with his GR issues, which can get really bad. Finally, you come to the conclusion that he sucks.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
lololol. That's so wrong. Disjointed hitbox yo. Blindspots? What, above him? Big whoop. Get on the same level as them. Fair and dair are all the spacing you need.
Also, grab releases? That shouldn't be no problem, just don't get grabbed. Space. Don't get grabbed. Why you getting grabbed anyway with that bstickin downb?

Chuee

Smash Hero
He's good, until you realize his blindspots in the air and ground. Then, you factor in his lack of range. After that, you realize that his projectile kinda sucks. Next, you deal with his GR issues, which can get really bad. Finally, you come to the conclusion that he sucks.
lol ftilt has good range :)
and PKF is decent, it's not like it's as bad as D3's projectile

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
lololol. That's so wrong. Disjointed hitbox yo. Blindspots? What, above him? Big whoop. Get on the same level as them. Fair and dair are all the spacing you need.
Also, grab releases? That shouldn't be no problem, just don't get grabbed. Space. Don't get grabbed. Why you getting grabbed anyway with that bstickin downb?
No, I meant about a 45º above Lucas where he can easily get dair camped by MK, faired by marth, and a bunch of other crap. ftilt fails in these situations, along with utilt and fair. RAR an uair to cover that spot? No, it has like 0 range.

When in the air, fair and dair don't cover every angle. nair can help alleviate it, but wait... it has less range than uair.

I also never said that I was B-sticking. I don't get grabbed often, but I just said the issue is there. Play a DDD/Snake/Marth/Wario with Lucas, and try not to get grabbed. It's not as easy as it sounds.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why you letting the opponent get on top of you?
Fox had the same deal man.
He had basically the same blind spot, and got rappppped by chain grabs.
Yet boy is top tier.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
But!

Melee Fox [and melee in general] had alot of different ways of moving on the ground, meaning more options, making him alot less predictable, whereas Lucas [and most chars in brawl] has like two.

erhm. it's hard not to let a char with 6 jumps get above of you.

I'm hoping this mini debate will help me realize something.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
and lucas don't have a lot of way to get around especially in the air???????

don't deny it, you suck, and just johnin.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I guess if you just learn how to deal with matchups better than you eventially know how to avoid these kind of problems. Because I have a friend who mains dee deedee and I all ever do is play against him. You learn more of the habits of the players, and I guess it helps you over come them. I mean I'm sure this has been said, but I don't think Lucas is a lost cause just yet.

lil cj

Smash Lord

Pink doesnt suck lol
His Lucas is a beast!
One of the best Lucas players on here imo
He was just stating facts about Lucas' flaws
Once you play Lucas for a while you know him in and out
Well thats for any character...you know lol
But I do agree with what you said about Lucas being a secret
high tier or probably mid tier at best

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Stop worrying about tiers, and where your character is on the tier list, and worry about playing and getting better. People spend too much time on the forums, just debating theory all day.

You can think what ever you want, but if your not out there improving, and placing well with him. Then all the theory in the world, won't make your character any better off than where he is now.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master

Lmao you made no real rebuttal to what I said.

Erhmm... No. I said on the ground. I never said in the air. stop assuming things.

And, what are you saying? I can't point out a characters flaws without you saying I suck? Yet, you haven't played me at all, and you probably haven't heard of me. Wow.

I'm trying to see a John anywhere in any of my posts in this thread. I'm pretty sure you can't find one
I'm just sayin, you guys are holding yourselves back a lot by assuming lucas sucks, when he doesn't.
Assuming? dude, how long have you been playing Lucas? How many tournaments have you attended going only Lucas?

I'm almost 100% positive that I know my character way better than you do. There are no assumptions being made by me.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i know my character as good as PF and i don't think Lucas sucks
Who is he better than?

saying something sucks is relative. If it's worse than idk say 70% of the cast like Lucas is, than I'm pretty sure we can comfortably say it sucks.

Note: I'm not saying we can't win with him, I'm just saying he is a pretty bad character compared to the rest of the cast. You guys are making it seem like he is high tier or something.

Edit: Why am I taking the bait? -_-

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Who is he better than?

saying something sucks is relative. If it's worse than idk say 70% of the cast like Lucas is, than I'm pretty sure we can comfortably say it sucks.

Note: I'm not saying we can't win with him, I'm just saying he is a pretty bad character compared to the rest of the cast. You guys are making it seem like he is high tier or something.

Edit: Why am I taking the bait? -_-
Thank you!
A few pages back, I was just trying to make people admit that compared to the rest of the cast Lucas pretty much sucks...

I think he should be lower on the tier, but that's just an opinion.

/practically waiting to be flamed on

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
All of the weakness Pink Fresh posted can be found in Melee fox.
And I would sure not say that fox sucks.

And if you guys really knew your charecter like, I don't know, FOW or GIMPYFISH, why aren't you taking a set off Mew2King?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Dude, there's a big big difference between Melee Fox and Lucas.
Lucas can't approach and doesn't have as many weapons as Fox had.

Also, hit stun helps a lot.

It's really hard to compare both characters just because of the games.
I don't really see it getting us anywhere either.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Edit: And if you guys really knew your charecter like, I don't know, FOW or GIMPYFISH, why aren't you taking a GAME off Mew2King?

I took the time to look up Jason's tournament results and he didn't lose a set to FOW, but FOW did take a game off him.
I've seen Malcolm's Sonic take a game off Jason as well and he's the best Sonic...

I guess we should aim to take a game off Jason before get all happy.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Dude, there's a big big difference between Melee Fox and Lucas.
Lucas can't approach and doesn't have as many weapons as Fox had.

Also, hit stun helps a lot.

It's really hard to compare both characters just because of the games.
I don't really see it getting us anywhere either.
Approaching isnt Lucas' problem
He can approach with dair and nair.

Wow, friendlies.
That's where it matters ;D

Malcom did it in tourney.
Malcolm's accomplishment > FOW's friendlies win
If Sonic can do it Lucas can too
Lucas > Sonic

heytallman

CTALL
I could win tournaments.....if I was in a different region lol.

But serioiusly, I need to step things up. I've been getting smarter and people say I keep getting better, but I haven't been doing so hot in tourneys recently.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Crashic....who are you lol, why are you here. You dont know anything about lucas, i believe the ddd boards are a few threads above us. Im sure your lack of talent is needed there so how about you kick some rocks and go please lol.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Crashic....who are you lol, why are you here. You dont know anything about lucas, i believe the ddd boards are a few threads above us. Im sure your lack of talent is needed there so how about you kick some rocks and go please lol.
Cause I use Lucas too, and if you guys don't think you can win with Lucas, why are you maining him? Why you tossin out 15 bucks a weekend to lose? Why you waistin you saturday?
Lucas is beast. Remember that, cause I'm gonna provve it true oneday. Just gotta learn my matchups.

The Ness boards are taking the attitutde of showing how great their charecter is, you guys just wallow in self despair. That gonna get you far lololololololol.

Chuee

Smash Hero
The Ness boards are taking the attitutde of showing how great their charecter is, you guys just wallow in self despair. That gonna get you far lololololololol
No, the Ness boards are overestimating their character just because one very talented Ness player defeated some of the top mk's. Oh and btw Ness' matchup against mk is 60-40.

Oh, and Crashic hush. Lucas is NOWHERE near high tier material. He can't avoid getting grabbed since he simply cannot air camp, gets ***** in the air, and has one of the worst grabs in the game. Not to mention that he has to approach in the air, and his air game gets outprioritized easy.

No way you can compare melee fox to lucas. Melee is too different than brawl to compare plus only 2 characters had multiple jumps and one of them was fail tier.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Cause I use Lucas too, and if you guys don't think you can win with Lucas, why are you maining him? Why you tossin out 15 bucks a weekend to lose? Why you waistin you saturday?
Lucas is beast. Remember that, cause I'm gonna provve it true oneday. Just gotta learn my matchups.

The Ness boards are taking the attitutde of showing how great their charecter is, you guys just wallow in self despair. That gonna get you far lololololololol.

i main him because i enjoy using him, and i dont dish out 15 a week. i have a life, i go to a tourny mybe once every 2months or so. no one is depressed here, we just know limitations.

and you have the same attitude as the ness players? then why do you do so bad?

son your retarted

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
this has probably been said before but ninjalink needs to rep more lucas. :(

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
LMAO at this thread. The yoshies accepted a long time ago that our char sucks, why can't you guys?
I think I'm one of the few here that's accepted the character sucks, there are some here who still believe the character has high tier potential.

Naive children :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom