• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best Lucas main...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
i'm really optimistic, but still i don't go that far and say lucas is high tier, i say lucas is middle tier
Well it's much better than saying he's high tier. This will do..., I suppose >.>

Let's agree to flame on anyone who says he's high tier though? ;p

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
Well it's much better than saying he's high tier. This will do..., I suppose >.>

Let's agree to flame on anyone who says he's high tier though? ;p
I tip my glass to that, and agreed.
*Gavel Down*
Now let's transfer to the Lucas match up thread and update that. =D lol

lil cj

Smash Lord
Maybe someone should make a thread on why and how each character is better than Lucas
and think of strategies on how to overcome the matchup.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
But with certain characters there's just be too many things to talk about like comparing MK, and Lucas. I wouldn't just go on HOW they're better than Lucas, also because of the fact that there are many aspects to characters. Just list pro's and con's in the match up and what things Lucas can do that can do that will probably help him win.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
But with certain characters there's just be too many things to talk about like comparing MK, and Lucas. I wouldn't just go on HOW they're better than Lucas, also because of the fact that there are many aspects to characters. Just list pro's and con's in the match up and what things Lucas can do that can do that will probably help him win.
^^ This guy. Using his brain and all that good stuff :D
We really need a new match-up thread though, the other one is a bit outdated...

Dotcom

Smash Lord
You guys should talk to Levitas or something, so you all can get a general consensus of who you feel would be the best to head up the new discussion.
I'm going to be around here more often, as I'm going to use Lucas for some of my matches, when I don't think Olimar will be a wise option.

Glarion

Smash Rookie
Im' totally agree with Galeon's first post,
Lucas is fun to play but he is not a competitive character , He is Bad . It's sad but true.
Lucas seems amazing ( powerful smashes, Nice AT ...) and luckily not many people have matchup experience against him...
In réality , He has a lot of cons
_very bad match up
_he's grab game SUCKS
_Lucas's kill moves are not that good ( early kills is very difficult against good player, lucas's smashes are useless)
_Many of his tricks are PUNISHABLE ( It's easy to hit lucas in his lag)
_Honestly , Even if he has good option while recovering , I dont think he is difficult to gimp
_Sorry,but lucas's spacing = fail ( Galeon, i agree , Mr.shield is a problem for lucas, especially DDD, Snake,Olimar,etc.... defensive characters )

maybe We suck ,
but lucas can't win a high level tournaments...

Oh well, sorry my english sucks too XD

_

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Im' totally agree with Galeon's first post,
Lucas is fun to play but he is not a competitive character , He is Bad . It's sad but true.
Lucas seems amazing ( powerful smashes, Nice AT ...) and luckily not many people have matchup experience against him...
In réality , He has a lot of cons
_very bad match up
_he's grab game SUCKS
_Lucas's kill moves are not that good ( early kills is very difficult against good player, lucas's smashes are useless)
_Many of his tricks are PUNISHABLE ( It's easy to hit lucas in his lag)
_Honestly , Even if he has good option while recovering , I dont think he is difficult to gimp
_Sorry,but lucas's spacing = fail ( Galeon, i agree , Mr.shield is a problem for lucas, especially DDD, Snake,Olimar,etc.... defensive characters )

maybe be We suck ,
but lucas can't win a high level tournaments...

Oh well, sorry my english sucks too XD

_
This

10Truths

Levitas

the moon
For some reason, I'm going to respond to tyr's OP.

I will make the following assumptions:

1. There is a top level of skill which cannot be surpassed by humans.
2. This top level of skill is not a frame perfect choice making engine that has been discussed in tactical and always results in stalemate.

Following from 2, we can arrive at:
3. Since stalemate does not come into play, characters with better moves have an advantage in this framework (generalized to the extent that better characters have an advantage)

It would be unfair to assume as a low tier player that your opponent will be worse than you, this is an insult to the community in most cases, though I'll express it as a likelyhood.

Since there is an incentive to win in competitive play, more intelligent people will tend to play as characters that have better tournament results (which correlates to better characters).

It is therefore less likely for a better low tier to come up against a worse high tier than the opposite.

In the radical case of EVERYONE playing at a comparably perfect level, the high tiers will still have an advantage and will still tend to win. This case is radical of course because low tier players tend not to play at such a high level.

So while tyr is correct in saying that we suck, it is unreasonable to conclude that we'd win tournaments if we didn't suck.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
In case I haven't already made it clear, this wasn't intended to be a serious thread lol.

It did serve its purpose quite well though.

Noraa

Smash Lord
-people complain about how they arent good and lose all the time

-that person picks up iceclimbers thinking they will win with grabs LMAO

Levitas

the moon
-Tyr makes a post telling Lucas mains to step it up.

-Lucas mains cry about how their character is horrible boards are dead LMAO
fixed that for you

-people complain about how they arent good and lose all the time

-that person picks up iceclimbers thinking they will win with grabs LMAO
except when that person is lain and it works... somehow.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
you know, if you guys really hate the fact that lucas loses tournaments, then either get better and win something or go switch to the top tier boards. in the meanwhile, those of us who enjoy lucas despite his limited options/tendency to do poorly in tournaments can get on with our lives and produce useful, productive posts(jk the lucas boards are actually dead like levitas pointed out)

RickyPro

Smash Cadet
Well, Lucas is one of my "mains", whether or not I am THAT good with him is not my decision, but I can put up a good fight.

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
So I will admit i don't play Lucas at a highly competitive level, but I enjoy him as a character. However, I was reading this, and at one point Tyr said something to the extent that, Lucas mains need to start focusing on unlocking his potential and by stepping up he will become more tournament viable. I found this interesting because Lucus is not the only character who has the ability to step things up, every character is still being developed, and if all things are accounted for, i think other characters continue to take larger steps forward where Lucas cannot. Recently, it was found that DDD can swallow into an up-tilt if buffered correctly. What does Lucas have that is like that? My point here is, yes Lucas can step up his game and become better, but are his steps large enough to make him viable when everyone else is making steps forward as well? likely not

Levitas

the moon
I'm now bumping tyrs thread, asking people not to bump dead threads for no reason, asking people not to spam in the lucas boards or others for that matter, and closing this dead piece of motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom