• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I still don't think Lucario's going anywhere even if Mewtwo is added.

My reasoning is:

A big part of Lucario's popularity lasting as long as it did can be owed to Brawl HOWEVER,
Its featured several times in the anime.
Replaced Zoroark as the official mascot of pokemon smash.
Movie had reruns on CN many times. Lucario won't be forgotten.
Will have a Figure bundled with Pokemon Rumble U.
AURA SPHERE IS SO AWESHUMS U CANT 4GETZ IT *sorry uncalled for*

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Here are the factors favoring Lucario's inclusion:
1. He's a veteran
2. He has a unique fighting style and game mechanic
3. He's still fairly popular, both in Smash and in Pokemon
4. He has plenty of potential to greatly separate himself from Mewtwo more

And against:
1. His role in Smash is the least significant of the current roster:
-He's not a classic pokemon like Pika and Jiggs, nor is he contemporary like the inevitable Gen 6 rep. He therefore runs into the same problem that Ike does: his game is sandwiched between what started the franchise and what is currently popular, pushing him into obscurity.
-Pikachu and Jiggs are long-time veterans and represent the Pokemon anime. PT is the game's actual protagonist. Mewtwo plays a villain role, and has a contemporary form to keep him fresh. Luc offers none of these things: he's just a popular character that has become less popular and relevant since Brawl.
2. His inclusion to the roster might be seen as unnecessary clutter for the above reasons; if all veterans return, plus a new character, that would be 6 reps. Even if Sakurai does not directly limit reps, he might be inclined to remove Lucario first to prevent over-representation.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Lucario has sort of become a secondary mascot to pikachu, I have noticed he was the only 4th gen pokemon in the Pokemon Black and white 2 trailer. (he apperared at 3 min, and showed up randomly at 5 min again, this time using aura sphere)

The fact that he was still being used to promote the pokemon games, especially when Zor... Zoru... Zoroack? could have totally been there instead means he's still promident in pokemon and being used to promote the games, making him still very possible for a re-appearance.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I know that there are tons of Lucario users. But remember that every new smash bros game features characters from the latest games in the current generation. This way, he watched with our crying eyes the parture from mewtwo and roy. No matter how huge is his fanbase, his game is past generation. Pikachu returned, but man, its pikachu. Jigglipuff returned, I keep wondering why, considering there are many potential fighter in this franchise. I know that the rooster has ben growing up, but Sakurai stated that SSB4 wont feature tons of fighters because its difficult to balance. Pokemon slots in SSBB are 4. Mybe this is the same number of pokemon slots in SSB4. My opinion:

1st gen - Pikachu
1st gen - Mewtwo
6th gen - New Mewtwo Form
2th gen - Chikorita+Quilava+Feraligatr

LucarioMaster

Smash Apprentice
I want Lucario for smash 4 but if he has to go, I would like Zoroark, Mewtwo was already in melee.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I really don't want to see lucario go. he is different enough from mewtwo to be his own character.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think that lucario should stay as he is, maybe buffed a bit.

mewtwo could also be in as well. maybe with something other than shadow ball.

if they want to cut a pokemon, PLEASE let it be jigglypuff. lucario is just too bada** to leave.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Why's everyone think he's a ninja fox? I swear...

Lucario's a jackal who's calm and collected in battle, and fights with martial arts. His fighting style can be compared to Egyptian boxing.
What? Egy- What?

Sorry

I mean, show me the example of Egyptian boxing that looks anything like lucario.

Hell, Wing Chun looks closer than Egyptian Muai Thai

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Chun

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The only reason I can see Lucario being cut (and I do see it as a possibility), is he has only been in one smash game so far, and Pokemon can only have so many representatives. Admittedly they had a lot of reps last time, but my point is I don't see them getting many more, even though there will probably be one or two additions. Pokemon trainer may end up getting cut instead though, or indeed no one may end up getting cut. Sakuria wanted to include Mewtwo in Brawl so one more Pokemon apparently isn't too many reps.

I don't know. I don't think he will get cut, but I don't think he won't either. It could very well come down to time constraints again.

ItBeVoltage

Smash Rookie
Well As a die hard Pokemon fan i can Lay down some facts about good old Mewtwo and its current situation for ssb4. See Pokemon X-Y are going to be released long before ssb4 So just like Brawl was with Lucario Mewtwo will most likely be added in Alongside Or Replacing Lucario. There is a catch though, Mewtwo has recently gained a new form in the Pokemon games His Awakening Form. So That may make it in as the new Pokemon (As much as i Would hate it I still Have Pikachu i guess :C) Also NO ZOROARK, He doesn't fit at all and is Irreverent now anyway since 5th gen is nearly over. Thats just my 2 cents however and im eager to read other people's opinions on the matter.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

My drawing tells that I WANT Lucario to stay alongside with Mewtwo if he (especially in awakened form) will ever going to make it to the next Smash, SO that Mewtwo VS Lucario can happen!

Well As a die hard Pokemon fan i can Lay down some facts about good old Mewtwo and its current situation for ssb4. See Pokemon X-Y are going to be released long before ssb4 So just like Brawl was with Lucario Mewtwo will most likely be added in Alongside Or Replacing Lucario. There is a catch though, Mewtwo has recently gained a new form in the Pokemon games His Awakening Form. So That may make it in as the new Pokemon (As much as i Would hate it I still Have Pikachu i guess :C) Also NO ZOROARK, He doesn't fit at all and is Irreverent now anyway since 5th gen is nearly over. Thats just my 2 cents however and im eager to read other people's opinions on the matter.
I 90% agree with you. Zoroark definitely won't make it because he's nowhere as popular as Lucario and Mewtwo. And for Lucario, I think he can stay because of his large fanbase, aura moves, and unique ability (more % = more dangerous). 10% is about one making a replacement. Lucario never replaced Mewtwo in the first place in Brawl and I find it amusing that most assumed he did.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't see why Lucario would get replaced. Pokémon did plan to have seven characters in Brawl and with the 3DS going to have a larger roster than Brawl, there's no reason why we can't have Brawl's roster + Mewtwo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
A lot of the mewtwo love comes from the first movie, kinda sad since it's not a good movie dubbed or subbed.

Nostalgia is still a strong force.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I can honestly see lucario being replaced for Mewtwo. I think its pretty much a either or situation. Lucario was pretty much included due to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and I believe the same will happen with Mewtwo's new form in X/Y. Both of them can't be there.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I still think lucario has a good chance. he's still heavily advertised and shown off, almost as much as pikachu, in comparrison to zoroack who doesn't seem to be shown off nearly as much anymore(lucario was in the black and white 2 trailer accompanyingthe grainer, while zoroack wasn't seen at all). also, why shouldn't he be included alongside whatever other pokemon? contrary to popular beleif, he's not a clone of mewtwo, so it would make sense if they were both in. its ALSO possible if mewtwo replaced pokemon trainer because of limitations on the 3DS(that's too bad, i kinda liked him).

D

Deleted member

I can honestly see lucario being replaced for Mewtwo. I think its pretty much a either or situation. Lucario was pretty much included due to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and I believe the same will happen with Mewtwo's new form in X/Y. Both of them can't be there.
And why not? Both were planned to be in Brawl and with this game going to have a larger roster than the past game, there is no reason why both can't co-exist. Pretty much any argument thrown against Lucario that isn't time constraints falls flat.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
And why not? Both were planned to be in Brawl and with this game going to have a larger roster than the past game, there is no reason why both can't co-exist. Pretty much any argument thrown against Lucario that isn't time constraints falls flat.
Lucario, if anything, is going to be replaced by a fifth gen pokemon. Having both Lucario and Mewtwo + an almost inevitable fifth gen pokemon is a little over load. Lucario has had one movie, but never quite made the impact Mewtwo did. Also 4th gen has long past. That's why he'll probably be replaced. There's just no point for him anymore. I'm assuming when Sakurai said he would take Mewtwo into consideration, he was probably looking for a suitable replacement then.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Lucario, if anything, is going to be replaced by a fifth gen pokemon. Having both Lucario and Mewtwo + an almost inevitable fifth gen pokemon is a little over load. Lucario has had one movie, but never quite made the impact Mewtwo did. Also 4th gen has long past. That's why he'll probably be replaced. There's just no point for him anymore. I'm assuming when Sakurai said he would take Mewtwo into consideration, he was probably looking for a suitable replacement then.
Well, the problem is, Mewtwo is going to have yet another form. Sakurai wouldn't know how to handle Mewtwo with multiple forms into the next smash bros.

Lucario would be lot easier to work on than Mewtwo.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I fail to see how a 5th gen rep is almost inevitable.

Lucario is still a heavily promoted Pokemon, almost like a 2nd Pikachu, he's been promoted in many games 4th,5th, and 6th gen if you count Pokemon Rumble U as 6th. He also replaced Zoroark as the mascot of Pokemon Smash, along with having a very unique moveset, gimmick, and having a large fanbase still, so I really don't see why he wouldn't return, unless Pokemon gets only 4 slots in SSB4.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Well, the problem is, Mewtwo is going to have yet another form. Sakurai wouldn't know how to handle Mewtwo with multiple forms into the next smash bros.

Lucario would be lot easier to work on than Mewtwo.

I didn't think mewtwo would be a form changing character, but instead just include his new X/Y one.
I fail to see how a 5th gen rep is almost inevitable.

Lucario is still a heavily promoted Pokemon, almost like a 2nd Pikachu, he's been promoted in many games 4th,5th, and 6th gen if you count Pokemon Rumble U as 6th. He also replaced Zoroark as the mascot of Pokemon Smash, along with having a very unique moveset, gimmick, and having a large fanbase still, so I really don't see why he wouldn't return, unless Pokemon gets only 4 slots in SSB4.
He's nowhere near that. The title would probably go to Charizard first, or even Jigglypuff. Just because he was in fifth gen doesn't mean he's a guaranteed return. As I recall, he's not even obtainable in-game without trading/breeding/events.(Black/White not sure about sequels) Rumble U is still fifth gen. As sixth gen hasn't even been officially released yet. Not to mention it has no sixth gen pokemon.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I can honestly say that lucario not returning would be the biggest disapointment for me.

after that is other m ridley being used instead instead of the brawl design.

He's nowhere near that. The title would probably go to Charizard first, or even Jigglypuff.

Just because he was in fifth gen doesn't mean he's a guaranteed return. As I recall, he's not even obtainable in-game without trading/breeding/events.(Black/White not sure about sequels) Rumble U is still fifth gen. As sixth gen hasn't even been officially released yet. Not to mention it has no sixth gen pokemon.
lucario is BECOMING the next secondary mascot, and might take over charizard before the end of the decade, weather you like it or not.

also, in black and white 2, Riolu were catchable, and a lucario was promident in the trailer to advertise the game.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
lucario is BECOMING the next secondary mascot, and might take over charizard before the end of the decade, weather you like it or not.
Not. a. chance. I may be sounding a little cryptic, but most will agree that Lucario will not over shadow most of the original 151. Aside from one movie, when was Lucario ever treated like a poster child? And Victini appeared in a BW promotional trailer and Zoroark, but that doesn't mean they're mascots. Don't get me wrong, I like Lucario. It's a member of my original Pokemon Diamond team, but I feel like he's already gotten his chance in Smash, and he's among the most likely to get cut.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Not. a. chance. I may be sounding a little cryptic, but most will agree that Lucario will not over shadow most of the original 151. Aside from one movie, when was Lucario ever treated like a poster child? And Victini appeared in a BW promotional trailer and Zoroark, but that doesn't mean they're mascots. Don't get me wrong, I like Lucario. It's a member of my original Pokemon Diamond team, but I feel like he's already gotten his chance in Smash, and he's among the most likely to get cut.
most of the 151 are overrated, other than pikachu. sorry, i'm being honest here.

the way that they are treating lucario nowadays is almost as good as pikachu. i've even seen him being used to show off most of the new games, including X and Y one or twice, due to them not wanting to show any new pokemon.

if anything, pikachu, lucario and mewtwo are probably going to be in. most likely jigglypuff, and i'm still not sure about pokemon trainer.

D

Deleted member

Where to start...

First off, a 5th gen Pokémon is not almost inevitable. None of the potential 5th gen reps can hope to match the popularity that Lucario had. Even Zoroark, considered to be Gen 5's mascot, is nowhere near the popularity that Lucario was. His popularity has fallen a lot ever since Gen 6 was announced and his fan base for SSB4 mostly collapsed. Lucario, on the other hand, was incredibly popular during his time and he is still highly popular to this date. Lucario has shown that he is very well liked even if the fourth generation has long passed.

Also, I really doubt Sakurai would be looking at another Pokémon to replace Lucario. You have to remember that he was highly marketed during Gen 5, so the Pokémon Company still values him and chances are they are going to want Lucario back in Smash. Plus Sakurai has mentioned that cutting characters is extremely painful to him and I don't think he wants Lucario to go.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I see a lot of miiverse posts of lucario too, so he's still popular there. i rarely see posts of zoruack. and if i do, they usually are either accompanied with goku requests, or badly drawn pictures.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Where to start...

First off, a 5th gen Pokémon is not almost inevitable. None of the potential 5th gen reps can hope to match the popularity that Lucario had. Even Zoroark, considered to be Gen 5's mascot, is nowhere near the popularity that Lucario was. His popularity has fallen a lot ever since Gen 6 was announced and his fan base for SSB4 mostly collapsed. Lucario, on the other hand, was incredibly popular during his time and he is still highly popular to this date. Lucario has shown that he is very well liked even if the fourth generation has long passed.

Also, I really doubt Sakurai would be looking at another Pokémon to replace Lucario. You have to remember that he was highly marketed during Gen 5, so the Pokémon Company still values him and chances are they are going to want Lucario back in Smash. Plus Sakurai has mentioned that cutting characters is extremely painful to him and I don't think he wants Lucario to go.
But characters ARE going. And compared to the rest of the roster, he'll probably be one of the first realistically speaking. When has Sakurai shown any special treatment to Lucario or Pokemon in general? The fans don't want him to go, but will be undoubtedly will be satisfied with Mewtwo in his place. Only reason Lucario got said attention is because he was in Brawl. this does not make him one of the most significant pokemon. And it's safe to say the same could be said about numerous pokemon from gen 1-3. Still well liked, but not getting any special representation. Why else would he bring back Mewtwo, if Lucario wasn't going? He picked Lucario at the time because he was relevant at the time, and the same could hardly be said now. I predict about 4 cuts from Brawl, and Lucario is 2nd on the chopping block. It isn't impossible, but if Mewtwo is announced its probably best to say he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom