• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
no, seriously, Sakuri has more than enough time to include both this time.

I think lucario is more "Badass" because of the inspirations of his design in comparison to mewtwo. Mewtwo is the clone of a fetus-based pokemon. lucario is based on an Egyptian GOD. you tell me which is cooler. :p

Also, Lucario is more known and promoted then you think, replacing zoroark as the mascot on the japan TV show pokemon smash, still being heavily promoted in the black and white 2 trailer (only about a year old), and they also made lucario easily obtainable at the beginning of that game. many people have him in their party.
Okay you're entitled to an opinion and that's nice that you think Lucario is more "badass" than Mewtwo. But the POKEMON COMPANY's (Oh, you know. The people who make the Pokemon games.The people who matter.) opinion is that Mewtwo is more badass than any Pokemon. Which unfortunately beats your opinion by a longshot. "Mewtwo is the clone of a fetus-based pokemon" who was breed in a lab by a criminal mastermind on conditions to completely eradicate anything and anyone that crossed it's path. You left a little bit off there...."Lucario is based on an Egyptian GOD". Funny, you got that one down packed, and being based on an Egyptian god would be nice, if this were Yu-Gi-Oh, but sadly that isn't the case...Now you tell me which is cooler.

It doesn't matter how much Lucario has been promoted when he's being compared to a Pokemon Legend in Mewtwo. He and damn near every other Pokemon besides Pikachu has NO WHERE near the promotion that Mewtwo has received since the origination of Pokemon.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Okay you're entitled to an opinion and that's nice that you think Lucario is more "badass" than Mewtwo. But the POKEMON COMPANY's (Oh, you know. The people who make the Pokemon games.The people who matter.) opinion is that Mewtwo is more badass than any Pokemon. Which unfortunately beats your opinion by a longshot. "Mewtwo is the clone of a fetus-based pokemon" who was breed in a lab by a criminal mastermind on conditions to completely eradicate anything and anyone that crossed it's path. You left a little bit off there...."Lucario is based on an Egyptian GOD". Funny, you got that one down packed, and being based on an Egyptian god would be nice, if this were Yu-Gi-Oh, but sadly that isn't the case...Now you tell me which is cooler.

It doesn't matter how much Lucario has been promoted when he's being compared to a Pokemon Legend in Mewtwo. He and damn near every other Pokemon besides Pikachu has NO WHERE near the promotion that Mewtwo has received since the origination of Pokemon.
Like LegendofRob said, Why not both?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Okay you're entitled to an opinion and that's nice that you think Lucario is more "badass" than Mewtwo. But the POKEMON COMPANY's opinion is that Mewtwo is more badass than any Pokemon. Which unfortunately beats your opinion by a longshot. "Mewtwo is the clone of a fetus-based pokemon" who was breed in a lab by a criminal mastermind on conditions to completely eradicate anything and anyone that crossed it's path. You left a little bit off there...."Lucario is based on an Egyptian GOD". Funny, you got that one down packed, and being based on an Egyptian god would be nice, if this were Yu-Gi-Oh, but sadly that isn't the case...Now you tell me which is cooler.

I actually DO think that mewtwo will be in, you don't have to prove it to me, I was just trying to give a good reason why they should BOTH be included.

like, mewtwo was supposed to be in brawl, and so far all cuts are clones (besides mewtwo, but he was planned but cut by time restraints) and lucario isn't a clone. like I said, he's really heavily promoted, and was WAY MORE promoted then mewtwo between Gen 4 and 6, until that movie came out with mewtwo and genesect in it.

I do think that mewtwo and lucario can be in smash together.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
I actually DO think that mewtwo will be in, you don't have to prove it to me, I was just trying to give a good reason why they should BOTH be included.

like, mewtwo was supposed to be in brawl, and so far all cuts are clones (besides mewtwo, but he was planned but cut by time restraints) and lucario isn't a clone. like I said, he's really heavily promoted, and was WAY MORE promoted then mewtwo between Gen 4 and 6, until that movie came out with mewtwo and genesect in it.

I do think that mewtwo and lucario can be in smash together.
I just don't know if Sakurai would revive Mewtwo and make him playable alongside Lucario when he claims he's making cuts. If the cast is smaller than Brawl's I honestly don't think Pokemon would be given more than 4 reps. Pikachu, Jiggs, and Trainer (assuming they bring back a new Trainer to update to the to the current Generation, which would make it a new character.) It would leave the contest up to Lucario and Mewtwo for the final rep. If they cut jigs (which I really don't think they'd cut.) Yes, put Lucario in the roster. If you want to give Pokemon 5 reps, Yes I would love to see Lucario in the roster again. But if it should ever become a debate for Sakurai to cut Lucario for Mewtwo. I can't see with the backlash, from Mewtwo being cut from Brawl. That he would deny Mewtwo that spot. With his 3rd Movie being released and his newly received form making a broad indicator to be included in Smash 4? I don't know, I think that puts Lucario in a though spot...

I wouldn't mind them being both in, I'd be happy with that. But all I'm saying is people should really consider the solid reasons as to why Mewtwo should return to Smash, even if it means cutting Lucario from the roster.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just don't know if Sakurai would revive Mewtwo and make him playable alongside Lucario when he claims he's making cuts. If the cast is smaller than Brawl's I honestly don't think Pokemon would be given more than 4 reps. Pikachu, Jiggs, and Trainer (assuming they bring back a new Trainer to update to the to the current Generation, which would make it a new character.) It would leave the contest up to Lucario and Mewtwo for the final rep. If they cut jigs (which I really don't think they'd cut.) Yes, put Lucario in the roster. If you want to give Pokemon 5 reps, Yes I would love to see Lucario in the roster again. But if it should ever become a debate for Sakurai to cut Lucario for Mewtwo. I can't see with the backlash, from Mewtwo being cut from Brawl. That he would deny Mewtwo that spot. With his 3rd Movie being released and his newly received form making a broad indicator to be included in Smash 4? I don't know, I think that puts Lucario in a though spot...

I wouldn't mind them being both in, I'd be happy with that. But all I'm saying is people should really consider the solid reasons as to why Mewtwo should return to Smash, even if it means cutting Lucario from the roster.
1. I think that the quote was "There may have to be cuts" and not "there WILL be cuts." I'm also sure that lucario won't be cut before toon link, lucas and a star fox character other than fox.
2. I don't think this will happen either...
3. I'm sure there's more than enough people who really like lucario, and there will be a little bit of backlash. I am starting to believe that, from this quote, you are completely biased towards mewtwo at any cost, and not caring who is cut or not. which sucks when you also think cutting lucario is the only solution. which it's not...

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I am about 95% sure that Lucario will NOT be in this game. The other 5% is Sakurai. (Unless he chooses to include them both, which is favorable but highly unlikely.)
It's like you've rigged Lucario's chance to return down to measly 5% while the real percentage should be like 77-96% considering the support sections in my list. Don't know the probability of having both Mewtwo + Lucario in yet... somewhere 20%-70% you could be right about that in parentheses part.

I'm almost positive Mewtwo will take his rightful spot back.
Rightful, such a pretty little word. ~Lloyd who called on "Evolution"

& @LucarioValkyrie I'm certain that if any Pokemon had a claim to the title of "badass" it would be no other Pokemon than Mewtwo. He's described through-out Pokemon history as: "The most savage and twisted Pokemon ever." (Brawl) "He's like a machine breed for fighting." (PMD) He's the original powerhouse, and in the event of a debate between who has contributed more to the Pokemon franchise Mewtwo or Lucario? Lucario isn't even in the discussion and any Pokemon fan will tell you that.
But hey, Lucario can be badass too. It isn't about which pokemon is more badassery. Mewtwo, Lucario, and some other pokemons are badass. Hence why they both deserve to be in SSB4 simultaneously.

Also with Mewtwo gaining a bit of spotlight in Gen VI with his own movie and him being given a new form, Lucario isn't in any position to retain his spot from brawl. It's likely Lucario & Mewtwo won't be in the game simultaneously. But it is likely that one of those two choices will be and that choice is Mewtwo. Sometimes you just have to face facts...
There will be backlash going on from Lucario fanboys (don't assume that there wouldn't, just because so). It will be the exact same to what happened to Mewtwo back in Brawl time. Again, I think Sakurai is already aware of this and I'm sure he won't do the same mistake again.

In case of SSB4 going to limit Pokemon to only 4 reps, it's up to Purin (not popular), P.T. (hard to program), Mewtwo (missed Brawl status), Lucario (for no reason albeit "time constraints") to claim three spots left before each others. Probability of Lucario not going in is 25%. Otherwise, all should be in.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
1. I think that the quote was "There may have to be cuts" and not there WILL be cuts. I'm also sure that lucario won't be cut before toon link, lucas and a star fox character other than fox.
No, Sakurai said cuts are inevitable. In fact, he apologized in advance for it.
3. I'm sure there's more than enough people who really like lucario, and there will be a little bit of backlash. I am starting to believe that, from this quote, you are completely biased towards mewtwo at any cost, and not caring who is cut or not. which sucks when you also think cutting lucario is the only solution. which it's not...
Actually, he's not saying any of those things; he's making a fair argument. From the looks of it, it's not practical to bring Lucario back for the reason that attention needs to be focused on the current aspects of the Pokemon franchise. And Lucario isn't current. He's also not timeless like Mewtwo is, not that Mewtwo's inclusion necessarily determines Lucario's or anything. But, you know, priorities are a thing.
In case of SSB4 going to limit Pokemon to only 4 reps, it's up to Purin (not popular), P.T. (hard to program), Mewtwo (missed Brawl status), Lucario (for no reason albeit "time constraints") to claim three spots left before each others. Probability of Lucario not going in is 25%. Otherwise, all should be in.
I think Lucario has a significant chance of being cut, judging from the predictions I've read. They would leave him out for more reasons than just for time constraints. He's old news. There are other characters Nintendo wants to concentrate on (what with all the hype about Mewtwo, not to mention the three newcomers) and adding Lucario is probably not the most practical decision. Again, Sakurai did say that cuts are inevitable, and it looks like Lucario has a large chance of being cut.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
oh, ok. that doesn't stop the fact that chatacters like toon link, lucas and even falco or wolf (one of the two, hopefully wolf) probably have lower priority. also, I do think that they have a LOT more time to work on getting veterans back also, he may have also included characters like Dr. Mario and Pichu, which we aren't really expecting anyways.
From the looks of it, it's not practical to bring Lucario back for the reason that attention needs to be focused on the current aspects of the Pokemon franchise. And Lucario isn't current. He's also not timeless like Mewtwo is
If he's not relevent today, why are there so many pokemon products still have lucario? why is he the mascot of pokemon smash instead of zoruark? why was he in the black and white 2 trailer and easily obtainable early on in the same game?

WHY WAS THERE RECENTLY A LUCARIO THAT BEAT ASH'S PIKACHU IN THE ANIME IF THEY THOUGHT LUCARIO WAS IRRELIVENT AND UNPOPULAR?:hulk:

...sorry. just got worked up. I'm better now. :upsidedown:

have a nice afternoon.

Gune

Smash Lord

Actually, he's not saying any of those things; he's making a fair argument. From the looks of it, it's not practical to bring Lucario back for the reason that attention needs to be focused on the current aspects of the Pokemon franchise. And Lucario isn't current. He's also not timeless like Mewtwo is, not that Mewtwo's inclusion necessarily determines Lucario's or anything. But, you know, priorities are a thing.

I think Lucario has a significant chance of being cut, judging from the predictions I've read. They would leave him out for more reasons than just for time constraints. He's old news. There are other characters Nintendo wants to concentrate on (what with all the hype about Mewtwo, not to mention the three newcomers) and adding Lucario is probably not the most practical decision. Again, Sakurai did say that cuts are inevitable, and it looks like Lucario has a large chance of being cut.
Signifcant chance at being cut depends on how you look at it in no way is Lucario old news and yes Lucario can be timeless like mewtwo if he keeps going the way he is going so far he is one the most well known pokemon out of gen 2 and 1 and Gamefreak knows this why do you think they have yet to drop him from advertisements why does he still have a prominent mascot role on pokemon smash if cuts are made I doubt Lucario will be one of the first to go on account of his unique moveset popularity and unique playstlye mechanic now dont get me wrong if there is cuts Lucario may be one them to go but as of know he has higher priority than most characters people think are getting cut but lets not forget that mewtwo was atleast planned so dont be surprised if Lucario does end up in the roster.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
it could be a message to tell fanbase that they should brace for it rather than to unexpect it. And another thing is, who knows that it could be only for Melee fallen clones?

Sakurai wouldn't listen to anti-support fanboys, and I don't know where you got that phrase "old news" from.

The statement "no characters had been cut so far" and seeing that Fox and Link appears to be porting from Brawl implies that Lucario was already being in the work and maybe it's already done, sans "time constraints".

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
in other topics, I REALLY want to see that HD fur effect on lucario. it would be so awesome and look amazing!

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
If he's not relevent today, why are there so many pokemon products still have lucario? why is he the mascot of pokemon smash instead of zoruark? why was he in the black and white 2 trailer and easily obtainable early on in the same game?

Well, this is news to me. I haven't been in the pokemon scene since Diamond and Pearl. And I also never knew that fact about Pokemon Smash. Perhaps Lucario has a higher chance of staying than I thought.
Still, I have seen a lot of predictions saying Lucario's going. Also, I'm not denying his popularity and such. I'm just wondering if he's still fresh on everyone's mind enough to be included in the SSB roster.

Trust me, I really want Lucario to stay. It just seems to look bleak for him everywhere I turn.

Gune

Smash Lord
Well, this is news to me. I haven't been in the pokemon scene since Diamond and Pearl. And I also never knew that fact about Pokemon Smash. Perhaps Lucario has a higher chance of staying than I thought.
Still, I have seen a lot of predictions saying Lucario's going. Also, I'm not denying his popularity and such. I'm just wondering if he's still fresh on everyone's mind enough to be included in the SSB roster.

Trust me, I really want Lucario to stay. It just seems to look bleak for him everywhere I turn.
its patterns that people beileve but they think Ike will stay because they like him...:rolleyes:

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
1. I think that the quote was "There may have to be cuts" and not "there WILL be cuts." I'm also sure that lucario won't be cut before toon link, lucas and a star fox character other than fox.
2. I don't think this will happen either...
I'm sure there are enough people who like Lucario, but also sure there are more people who like Mewtwo. I'm not biased against Lucario, you haven't read the post. I said "In the event that Sakurai must choose between the two for a final Pokemon rep Mewtwo would beat out Lucario" I'm only biased in that fact. As I said before if Sakurai can work around this and include them both GREAT, but If it's a battle between the two Mewtwo will win, not a doubt in my mind.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
It's like you've rigged Lucario's chance to return down to measly 5% while the real percentage should be like 77-96% considering the support sections in my list. Don't know the probability of having both Mewtwo + Lucario in yet... somewhere 20%-70% you could be right about that in parentheses part.

His chances are that slim if it's a debate between a final rep. If not then then I think his chances of return are pretty high maybe 70%

But hey, Lucario can be badass too. It isn't about which pokemon is more badassery. Mewtwo, Lucario, and some other pokemons are badass. Hence why they both deserve to be in SSB4 simultaneously.

I know that, I was simply pointing out to the other poster that Lucario isn't in the same league of badass that Mewtwo is.

There will be backlash going on from Lucario fanboys (don't assume that there wouldn't, just because so). It will be the exact same to what happened to Mewtwo back in Brawl time. Again, I think Sakurai is already aware of this and I'm sure he won't do the same mistake again.

True there will be backlash, but not the same that came with Mewtwo's failure to appear in brawl.

Yeah while Jiggs isn't popular she's been in smash for a while and I really don't see him cutting her even though I'd love to see it happen. I believe PT's return is nearly assured but of course I could be wrong. That leaves Lucario v. Mewtwo. Lucario isn't going to beat out Mewtwo in a debate between the two. I just can't see that happening at all.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
We think of a opposite winner, unfortunately. I think you should catch up on the interviews with Sakurai as there are some contexts going on for (but not all specifically for) Lucario and Mewtwo. Lucario is the clear winner/draw against Mewtwo if you ask me.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
And basing Lucario's chances of reappearance based on arguments that he was obtainable early in BW2 and that a Lucario defeated ash's Pikachu is childish. I'm sure if you could find a Larvitar in Flossey Ranch that most players would have captured one. Making such a effective Pokemon obtainable that early in BW2 of course Lucario is going to find a spot on many teams. The same way that Larvitar would if placed in the same position. And there are a number of Pokemon that have defeated Ash's Pikachu but you don't see Lt. Surge's Raichu, Sabrina's Kadabra, or Morty's Gastly (that OHKO'd Pikachu) in smash do you?

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
We think of a opposite winner, unfortunately. I think you should catch up on the interviews with Sakurai as there are some contexts going on for (but not all specifically for) Lucario and Mewtwo. Lucario is the clear winner/draw against Mewtwo if you ask me.
Well that's good news to me. As long as Mewtwo returns to Smash (I'm sure he will) I'm satisfied. You can't be serious about that last sentence though. That's absurd...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why can't Mewtwo and Lucario fans just get along?

I mean there's a good chance we'll see both anyways.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't understand why people think that non-clone characters will be cut. It happened once with Mewtwo - that's it. And that was due to time constraints.
Realistically, characters will only be cut for time constraints (barring clones like Toon Link, and who knows they could be de-cloned) and only cut if licensing is unobtainable (i,e. the two 3rd parity reps in Brawl).

They won't cut a character they spent time making a unique moveset for - I mean Lucario has that completely unique system where he gets stronger with damage he's taken. (He also has attacks that go beyond the expected range of his limbs with his aura, right?)

Now, here's the thing: Who would get cut because of time constraints? It's hard to say who would be on the back burners for development. This where relevancy arguments might actually have some merit, but they are in no way conclusive. Relevancy is a good point for who would be developed first and who could left be out in the cold. But it's outright ****ing stupid to say relevancy kills a character's chances completely.
Using time constraints it's easy to see why characters were cut from the Melee to Brawl transition. Roy was clearly less of a priority due to him being, mostly, a clone. So Ike got in and there wasn't time for Roy. Mewtwo got cut, because, yes, Mewtwo's popularity was waning with the release of the 4th generation of Pokemon but also because of the amount of work that went into Lucario and Pokemon Trainer. Lucario got precedence because they wanted a character to rep. the new 4th Gen. And PT is 3 characters in one. If they hadn't spent all that time developing PT, it's a pretty fair chance they would have had time to add Mewtwo (Don't get me wrong PT's great, Sakurai and his team likely didn't realize quite how big of a project PT was).

Lucario might be on the back burner for SSB4 because he's "old news," but it's likely that he will return due to his unique playstyle and the fact that SSB4 will likely not see 4 Pokemon newcomers that might bar his way.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Yeah, I already agreed that Mewtwo should be in as well lol. I wasn't mean to be biased on the last line... it sound so true (especially for the "draw" part). The winning part was for the worst case: Sakurai was considering Mewtwo for a while and then drop him, Mewtwo may not going to be in. People was taking "Sakurai is considering Mewtwo" too literal (original text: "Oh man, not this again!" "We are thinking about it.") If that's painfully truth, I don't think there will be backlash as big as it was back in Brawl time, though. More Mewtwo fans/patternists will get used to it. I know there will be many others won't be happy about it, but oh well. let me say that again, that'd be the WORST case. If there's going to be any better, we'd see both Mewtwo and Lucario in.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why can't Mewtwo and Lucario fans just get along?

I mean there's a good chance we'll see both anyways.
personally, I would be able to get along with mewtwo fans, and I do, unless they have a strict belief lucario needs to be cut for mewtwo to come back. which isn't true at all.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
personally, I would be able to get along with mewtwo fans, and I do, unless they have a strict belief lucario needs to be cut for mewtwo to come back. which isn't true at all.

I feel like both of these characters need their specials buffed and changed up a bit so they could definitely be added in and have very clear differences as far as movesets go. Besides, the only move they actually share right now is the Shadow Ball, and I'm sure one of them could give it up.

And... well. Just, in general, I think they can coexist.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I feel like both of these characters need their specials buffed and changed up a bit so they could definitely be added in and have very clear differences as far as movesets go. Besides, the only move they actually share right now is the Shadow Ball, and I'm sure one of them could give it up.

And... well. Just, in general, I think they can coexist.
I know, right?

and I still think aura sphere is different then shadow ball, but that's mostly because of the whole aura thing...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I know, right?

and I still think aura sphere is different then shadow ball, but that's mostly because of the whole aura thing...

I do think the moves are remarkably similar and I do think that, ideally, the moves would be differentiated more. Perhaps one of the characters would have a stronger version that can't be stored?

Or Mewtwo could just be given one of his many other moves instead of it. *shrug*.

Or they'd just both have their ball moves and call it a day. :)

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I'd drop Lucario's aura sphere personally and keep Mewtwo's. I never felt like I needed to use it with Lucario, while Mewtwo's was good for the recovery boost and spacing. Plus, you could be awesome like Taj and do edge guards with it.
And after all, Mewtwo already has two useless specials he needs to replace. Having to replace three would be a bit much.
No idea what Lucario would get instead though. Maybe Metal Claw or Close Combat?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I don't think either one should give up their neutral B... Aura Sphere is important to Lucario as he used it a lot in anime/movie, and same goes to Mewtwo for his Shadow Ball. Isn't it OK to be luigified clone of each others?! Jeez. If you're still going to complain about this, then I'd say they both give up their B moves as they copied Samus's move.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just want both to actually use their incredible move pool/moveset potential while staying true to their characters/the series.

Mewtwo is the unholy offspring of a Psychic ancient genetic link between all Pokemon with amplified powers and physical attributes.
In Melee it fights with "t3h D4RKNEZZ" and variations of Tail Whip.

Lucario is basically Anubis meets metal spikes with some Aura mechanics that basically makes it the Goku of Pokemon.
It fights in Brawl by having ExtremeSpeed that does no damage, Double Team that does damage, and "purple flames" enveloping all its limbs.
Which while I think it's cool, there's literally only one "Aura" based move in Pokemon.

Personally I thought it would've been infinitely more awesome if it had the attributes one would normally associate with Fighting/Steel types (hard-hitting physical attacks, or at least the sounds) whilst making use of the moves that are unique to it (aside from Aura Sphere/ExtremeSpeed, Bone Club and Close Combat/Metal Claw/Bullet Punch would've been awesome) rather than the weak sounding "fire kicks" it got. I loved Lucario to death, but thought his Smash counterpart did it next to no justice, even with the cool "gets stronger as it takes more damage" gimmick.

Above all, give it a real Final Smash. I could not have been anymore disappointed with it literally being a weaker Deoxys Hyper Beam.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd drop Lucario's aura sphere personally and keep Mewtwo's. I never felt like I needed to use it with Lucario, while Mewtwo's was good for the recovery boost and spacing. Plus, you could be awesome like Taj and do edge guards with it.
And after all, Mewtwo already has two useless specials he needs to replace. Having to replace three would be a bit much.
No idea what Lucario would get instead though. Maybe Metal Claw or Close Combat?

Sounds good to me. Lucario really works as a close up Tai Chi warrior, he doesn't need a projectile. I wouldn't mind a move where he concentrated for a moment to build up Qi to perhaps increase his standard attacks' power or range for a few seconds.

Or any of his other actual Pokemon moves, ha.

OH! Looking up his Pokemon moves now, how about "Inner Focus"? He'd concentrate for a second and then for the next few seconds he'd only take damage but not flinch/get launched. That'd be super unique and interesting. And useful.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't know about you, but I use aura sphere A LOT. especially at high damage and against people I can't get close to easily, so I can then close the gap easier. I wouldn't be able to play him nearly as effective without it. (mostly because everyone I know mains Ike)

It also works as a half-decent K.O move if you are smart enough with it.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
I don't know about you, but I use aura sphere A LOT. especially at high damage and against people I can't get close to easily, so I can then close the gap easier. I wouldn't be able to play him nearly as effective without it. (mostly because everyone I know mains Ike)

It also works as a half-decent K.O move if you are smart enough with it.
Yeah aura sphere is an important part of Lucario's fighting potential in Brawl and also his most defining move. (In general that is.)
I wouldn't mind seeing both aura sphere and shadow ball but I'm actually hoping they would replace Mewtwo's shadow ball with a different projectile and leave Lucario to his signature move. I really don't see Mewtwo losing shadow ball though.

If they aren't given the exact same move then if anything, I'm guessing they would have a sort of Fox & Falco type relationship with their standard-B. Meaning, basically the same move with just differences between the two. With Lucario's aura sphere traveling in a straight line and Mewtwo's shadow ball having that jagged trajectory. Maybe shadow ball could be a faster type projectile with less knockback and aura sphere remains the same as in Brawl?

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo is the second most popular pokemon ( only second to Charizard ), his getting in before lucario this time around if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom