• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
the song is the second part of the last song in the first vid i think. dunno the name, all I worked out is that it says "aliens infected us, about time we infected them". not that that's any help but y'know, also the edgeteching thing REALLY helps, I used to think it was just as you hit the edge, thanks for that.

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
Is the next one gonna have....I dunno the name... but where you're edgehoggins and see they can make it so you jump back, kick them, and grab the edge again? Bombsoldier does it all the time.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
MZero17 said:
Is the next one gonna have....I dunno the name... but where you're edgehoggins and see they can make it so you jump back, kick them, and grab the edge again? Bombsoldier does it all the time.
it's edgehop, I already explained it.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Doesn't matter, I guess... I think I know most of the moves it talks about.

How come the first vid's link works on my Internet Explorer though?

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
DooTheDah said:
Once again, you left out forward wavelanding(platform dash) why does everyone overlook that tactic....either that or they just cant do it.
Do you want me to show what it looks like when you L cancel with everyone? And what it looks like when you wavedash with everybody?

I foward wavelanded with marth anyway... Look closer before to post again, DooDah.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Lemme rephrase that:

Forward waveland on a platform. See, you don't even know what i was talkin about. And you made this vid too.

You obviously can't do it cuz you wavedashed back everytime.

All i said was something u left out, don't get mad.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
DooTheDah said:
Lemme rephrase that:

Forward waveland on a platform. See, you don't even know what i was talkin about. And you made this vid too.

You obviously can't do it cuz you wavedashed back everytime.

All i said was something u left out, don't get mad.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I want to say thank you.I thought I new most of these techniques an how to do them correctly but boy was I wrong.Many things are much easier to do now!!! Im going to show this to my friends some of them are good players and this tutorial will definantly,without question let them advance to a higher level of play.If I could give you a trophy for this I would because you deserve one!

kryptocide

Smash Apprentice
REMEBER WAK ME AND YOU GOTTA FACE ONE DAY,AGAIN???...FROM THE LAST 4 YEARS AGO!!!...

and..nice vids, i mastered all those techs long time, can't wait to see vids 3 and 4, maybe there's something i don't know ;)...(i think not, lol)

:D:D:D

Zefyrinus

Smash Apprentice
I have problems with edge hopping:

1. How do you do different kinds of attacks when getting back up to the stage? I can only do one kind of attack.

2. How do you edgehop with Roy? His jump is too short for one to be able to reach the edge again.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
LOL I really thought this was a good video, but now you're just being ignorant.

Don't get mad because you can't do a forward platform dash.

It's simple.

All you do is wavedash(land dash) on a platform facing forward and hold forward so your character doesn't make the "I'm about to fall off of this platorm" stance.

It takes some time to get used to, but I'm sure you(the maker of the advance how to play video) can figure it out eventually!!!

Good luck.

Oh, and will you be attending any major tournies??? Cuz I'd love to MM you.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanks doodah, its really appreciated to know that.

now plz get off.

Zefyrinus said:

1. How do you do different kinds of attacks when getting back up to the stage? I can only do one kind of attack.

2. How do you edgehop with Roy? His jump is too short for one to be able to reach the edge again.
which move can you only do from an edge?

with some characters, like roy (mostly ganon), it's just impossible to edgehop with other attacks than Uair. it needs training, that is all.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Zefyrinus said:

1. Use the C-Stick for aerials. Note that some aerials may be too slow to be used during ledgehop.

2. You're probably pushing down instead of away to let go of the edge. Or you just need to push X/Y/Up faster.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I keep having problems edgehopping C. Falcon's knee...basically I hop it and I hit the platform...is that just me not pressing X fast enough?

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
To the Falcon Knee problem: You're probably not leaning into the stage to get back up, not doing so would cause that to happen. Work on it a little, it'll get easier.

To Roy Ledgehopped Attacks: I was able to do uair, dair and fair all quite easily. I couldn't do bair, even with C-stick and I was only able to get the first hit on the nair in when trying. I believe both nair hits are possible though.

Edit: I got the timing for Roy's nair down. You can't DI to far into the stage and it works fine.

Edit2: I conclude that it's the MOST possible and EASIEST when you're there HITTING another character. The momentary stop in the air from the first helps you get the 2nd one out.

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
im just curious, does wave dashing prevent u from getting hit by stuff like lasers and samus's cannon; Or is it only supposed to be used against close range attacks?

For example, if i was playing at FD, and falco were to fire a laser at me, could i wave dash forward and not get hit or will i still get hit?

i find my self forced to roll or dodge in place in order to avoid getting hit by stuff like that, cuss when i roll or dodge in place, the lasers and cannon balls pass through me, vs wave dash where i slide forward or back and still get hit while i slide.

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
SipherothXIII said:
im just curious, does wave dashing prevent u from getting hit by stuff like lasers and samus's cannon; Or is it only supposed to be used against close range attacks?

For example, if i was playing at FD, and falco were to fire a laser at me, could i wave dash forward and not get hit or will i still get hit?

i find my self forced to roll or dodge in place in order to avoid getting hit by stuff like that, cuss when i roll or dodge in place, the lasers and cannon balls pass through me, vs wave dash where i slide forward or back and still get hit while i slide.
You will still get hit by it mate :(

But the advantages of wavedashing are quite amazing. A simple one is to run up to you opponent, then quickly wavedash back (usually they'll attack), then you can run forward again and get a free hit.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Goron3 said:

But the advantages of wavedashing are quite amazing. A simple one is to run up to you opponent, then quickly wavedash back (usually they'll attack), then you can run forward again and get a free hit.
Great to see that you learned by yourself!!! this is cool to know =)

Jay0 said:
i havent read all 18 pages so sorry if this has already been pointed out,but the link for the 2nd video on the primary host doesnt work :(

http://wakvid.swordgard.com/AHTP_Part2_Final.avi

http://wakvid.swordgard.com/AHTP_Part2_Final.avi
just copy paste the link to your navigation bar, you mUST have firefox. It doesn't work if you have explorer.

BERREH

Smash Rookie
Great vid ! Helps alot of new and even experienced players! keep it up !

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
Goron3 said:

ok, thats all i wanted to know, cuss a bunch of people on this site keep talkin to me like wave dashing can dodge any kind of attack no matter what position u are in..

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Oh Waky boy, you also forgot to mention that Game and Watch's Bair and Uair can't be L canceled or SHFFL. You said EVERY Ariel move can be SHFFLed...and no they can't. Just letting everyone know.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Zefyrinus said:

An easy way to edgehop really fast is to simply tap Down + X at the same time.This shoots you straight up so be carefull when using it.

Zefyrinus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the answers. When I tried Luigi I could do different aerials with him, but not with Roy. Though I can now reach the edge with his jump. Is it really important to learn this thing? What is it used for?

Dice

Smash Lord
DooTheDah said:
Oh Waky boy, you also forgot to mention that Game and Watch's Bair and Uair can't be L canceled or SHFFL. You said EVERY Ariel move can be SHFFLed...and no they can't. Just letting everyone know.
Don't be such a **** DK's upair doesn't need to be l cancelled when shff because it auto cancels, does that need to be included? Nope. This is a general how to play video not a character specific one.

Nice job on the videos Wak, keep it up

Takahashi

Smash Cadet
Wak said:
I changed my mind, I will do 1 more big video of about 11 minutes, and everything will be done for the AHTP video! =)

The AHTP video will be delayed, I can't give an exact date for now, sorry
that is all.

Oh, he don't want to post that update himself because his next post is his "1337th post"... he keeps the secret of what he will do with this post...

Dice

Smash Lord
Inferno_blaze said:
There was a post about that a while back and he said he didn't see the point in including it, also it's G&W not DK
Did you even read what i said...? I was just giving another example of where l cancelling isn't needed just for a different reason than GW.

Top Bottom