• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Wow, I wish I had these videos when I started playing melee. Good work wak, but I think it is rather sad that we this kind of video wasn't created until 6 months before the sequel of this game. Meaning this game will become much less popular when brawl comes out which means less people will need this video :( Which is a shame because this is an awesome video.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Duke said:
Wow, I wish I had these videos when I started playing melee. Good work wak, but I think it is rather sad that we this kind of video wasn't created until 6 months before the sequel of this game. Meaning this game will become much less popular when brawl comes out which means less people will need this video :( Which is a shame because this is an awesome video.
yes, that's sad that this video was made so late after the game got released..

but you know, because of brawl's release announcement, smashboards never got so much active users... In fact, this video couldn't have a better release date, according to me :)

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well it's finally released! unfortunately, the video lenght is 15 mins (youtube doesn't accept any bigger video than 10 mins)

I uploaded the video to google video, and I will contact my friend who hosts the video (OMG I FORGOT TO PUT HIM IN THE CREDITS ;>_<; )

Thanks to Swordgard who host those videos

At all, I only have one link ready for downloads =o sorry for those who can't download with rapidshare

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Yes.. its finally out! Can't wait to watch it. Thanks Wak. I watched your first two and they were really informative.

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well once again you did it. Kudos and thank you for making this. ( i remember when this thread was only 2 pages long) I had to DL this before i went to work .

P.S. I Really like your new Avatar and Signature, good stuff worthy of ya- self.

Ogawatugawa

Smash Rookie
Wak, honestly, you're a lifesaver! You deserve a medal or something for this! These are just plain awesome!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Great set of vids. I should show them to my friends so they can get better. *applauds*

ThundaSnake

Smash Apprentice
Like I said...you should definitely be one of the people creating the Brawl game...I think you could make awesome training videos for that. Could you imagine getting paid to make advanced vids for a fighting game? lawlz.

At any rate, I love the Zelda OC Remix song in that first video. I've played it like four times to listen to it.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Great job wak, you truly have helped out the smash community and probably have allowed many newbs to become a better challenge and have a better understanding of the game.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
o_o I hate video creating... so much...

Anyways, let me finish downloading this to comment...

Alright, done.

I noticed you combined 4 and 3 together instead of releasing 4 at a later time. Other than slow transitions and minor, minor grammar errors, another great video. I can finally prove DI to my friend, cause I really can't do it well.

drewsta

Smash Cadet
wow you're a great teacher and you did an awsome job on these videos, its cool that ur pro but u can still be patient enough to break it down all slow so people can learn from you

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
i thought there was gonna be 4 videos. Well whatever, u covered everything u said u were gonna talk about. and it saves everyone the trouble of waiting for the next video. GJ Wak.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
google link is up, thanks to Arruz.

Wak, that RULED, these vids were amazing, I could have sworn there were more than 3 being produced, oh well. brilliant work, I noticed a couple of mistakes, laser is with an s not a z, and there were 2 t's on the at one point. :( Now they're all done, I have nothing to watch. MAKE SOMETHING NEW!

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
I just watched part 3 and am very pleased with it. But your videos didn't answer a question I've had for months: "What's a meteor attack?"

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It's a form of spike (and attack that hits the opponent straight down, hard) like gannondorf's dair and mario's fair. However this form of spike can be cancelled it what is known as a "meteor cancel" by either using double jump or Bup

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
W00t. this vid really helped me. I didn't knew the pivot thing and dash dance thingies. w00t

about the standard reverse b thing. The example of roy is a bit weird as he normally turns around in the air like marth does to wirh is bair. So I would have used an other character, like using the Power beam with Samus to turn around and use your Grapple beam. That is usefull ^^

anyways this is the bes of the 3 imo, cause i didn;t know a bounch of stuff that was in it. This really helped me out and I think it will do for many n00bs in the future (untill smash brawl is released w00t smash brawl w00t )

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Z-N_Freak said:
about the standard reverse b thing. The example of roy is a bit weird as he normally turns around in the air like marth does to wirh is bair. So I would have used an other character, like using the Power beam with Samus to turn around and use your Grapple beam. That is usefull ^^
Roy and marth don't turn around immediatly. If you land before the attack ends, like in my vid, roy is not turned the other side.

Inferno_blaze said:
MAKE SOMETHING NEW!

im so tired of smash :p

a friend of minde, locke), got a capture card. him and his 2 friends are my level (locke) is better than me though) and we'll surely record some matches

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
MyKo said:
the information currently given was well done.

i was thinking there would be Japanese DI

or even more advanced tricks..to cover the entire game..but still, regardless, the entire thing was great. ^^
There's no such japanese DI...

To know everything on DI, look at Doraki's topic on the melee discussion. (Note that he doesn't explain how you should DI, he just explain the DI thing really deeply.)

About the advanced tricks, well I don't want to explain more than what I show in my videos...
You know, once you reach a certain level, you begin to use the C stick more often... or not.
Once you reach a certain level, you begin to use shffl against side-steppers... or not.
Once you reach a certain level, you are more tempted to use the shffl... or you just never use it.
Once you reach a certain level, you gain your own playing style. I don't want to show people how to play LIKE ME, because if i wanted to go deeper, this would be the case.

I wanted to show the advanced techniques only, and that's what I did!

People kept asking me to go always and always deeper... like Sastopher (even if he just wanted me to give more tips on 2 little things)

But I denied EVERY demand. I don't want to see the essence of Wak's playing style in every new 1v1 videos from new players... I want to see some NEW stuff coming from everyone! :lick:

Top Bottom