• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

xAer

Smash Cadet
first post! woot!!
aww... too late :(
nice vid Wak, thx to u i feel like ill learn how to play :S....
i use to try lots of different things at the same time, but with ur vid parts ill do it stop by step.. 1 by 1.. till ihave them all 100% , keep the good work, im proud of u my son =(. (not really his father -.-)

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
Wak, I must say that you're video is awesome. Before I saw that video, I couldn't figure out the concept of Wavdashing, L-Cancel, Sfflling, and others.:)

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
ReptileMage said:
Wak, I must say that you're video is awesome. Before I saw that video, I couldn't figure out the concept of Wavdashing, L-Cancel, Sfflling, and others.:)
Sorry for the double post, but how do I float a thread? :confused:

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
Wak said:
float a thread?

update:

if you didn't see it yet, I changed the youtube and rapidshare link for part1, I corrected the grammatical errors.
Here is an example of floating:

Say a person is interested in a thread, but its oviously not worthy of a sticky, and the person still wants easy access to it. That person will float the thread, its kinda like a personal sticky.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
ReptileMage said:
Here is an example of floating:

Say a person is interested in a thread, but its oviously not worthy of a sticky, and the person still wants easy access to it. That person will float the thread, its kinda like a personal sticky.
thread tool --> subscribe to this thread

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
Now I'm pretty sure you do not need anymore apraisal but I must add.

Well done with the video. It shows a trmendous amount of proffesionalism, research and understanding of human nature.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
sn][p3r said:
Ok I know this is going to upset you but I think someone came up with this idea first.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8419325533634566278&q=Smash+Bros+Melee
Apparently he needs a good gaming website to host this vid.
Overswarm@gmail.com
don't worry, i already saw this vid, and it's good but not as well explained as mine. Plus, he does explain techniques in a random way. I didn't. I've put my techniques you'll learn in a way you'll understand better.

Plus, only the first part of my video is 9 mins (part 2: 7:30) and his whole vid is 5 mins only...

ReptileMage said:
That's a good vid, but not as good as wok's. The time it uses to explain each tequinique is very short.
wok :laugh:

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
Wak said:
don't worry, i already saw this vid, and it's good but not as well explained as mine. Plus, he does explain techniques in a random way. I didn't. I've put my techniques you'll learn in a way you'll understand better.

Plus, only the first part of my video is 9 mins (part 2: 7:30) and his whole vid is 5 mins only...

wok :laugh:
Oh, whoops. :laugh: BTW, do you have any tips for Wavedashing with Bowser? His slow Air-Dodge makes it confusing for me to practice.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
It's not his airdodge that's slow, it's the amount of time it takes him to jump. If I recall, it takes him the longest to jump (meaning there are more frames than anybody else he has to go through before he can leave the ground) so you can wavedash until later.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*doesn't like the part where it goes 'wow, bowser is so slow' then 'wow bowser is so fast'*

great great video!
well done, sure to be useful for some of them thar peepz who dun know about stuffz LOLOloloLOfaflsdajfskldfoisdjkfmajkfdsojafsuj m i rite!?

EDIT: WTF WHY WOULD SOMEBODY MARK THIS NEGATIVE?

omg, i hate people.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
Yes, you subhumans have to wait for the goodies. I illegally hacked into Waks computer and have viewed it, illegally. He makes fun of the following people: Ken, Chu, You and G-Reg.

G-Reg will not stand for this.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
You should be. The way Wak captures Kens abilities in an easy to learn form should make you excited. In fact, it should make you ready to KILL from the wait, knowing that you can be just as good, or BETTER than Ken by watching a 7 minute long video.

Takahashi

Smash Cadet
VgtPrncfllSyns said:
You should be. The way Wak captures Kens abilities in an easy to learn form should make you excited. In fact, it should make you ready to KILL from the wait, knowing that you can be just as good, or BETTER than Ken by watching a 7 minute long video.
Don't listen to him :p.

yes!

Smash Apprentice
wak - great video! although, i've learned all of these techniques slowly over my smash time, i like how you teach the techniques slowly so that it is much easier to learn for those who are new. you do a perfect job. props to your dedication.

o yeah, i remember i named an infected mushroom song for you...and it's now in the video! therefore, i had a small part in your video :^D

Z13k

Smash Rookie
wow. i didnt know about that some characters stay invincible if u do the jump away wavelanding technique. Do u know specificly which ones do and which ones don't?

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Z13k said:
wow. i didnt know about that some characters stay invincible if u do the jump away wavelanding technique. Do u know specificly which ones do and which ones don't?
they are ALL invincibles after a edgehog --> waveland >if you're enouth fast<

but some of them have an edgehop / waveland really slow, like ganondorf...

it depends of your rapidity :p

Rikana

Smash Champion
Thanks for part two of HTP video. Can't wait for part 3. Though I already know how to play, I still wouldn't mind watching since I might learn something new. Thanks again! :)

Ogawatugawa

Smash Rookie
Oh...My...God, Wak, you are a legend! Vid was AWESEOME (not that i expected otherwise) this video series keeps looking better and better, keep it up!

nookrulz

Smash Ace
I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but I'm sure you'd like it if your grammatical mistakes were fixed. After all, you fixed the ones in part 1.

In the edge hog section, it says "The goal is to grab the edge while you're opponent is trying to come back." That should be your, not you're.

By the way, this is a great video. Good explanations, (thanks AlphaZealot), good clips, and I appreciate that you talk about common mistakes.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
nookrulz said:
I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but I'm sure you'd like it if your grammatical mistakes were fixed. After all, you fixed the ones in part 1.

In the edge hog section, it says "The goal is to grab the edge while you're opponent is trying to come back." That should be your, not you're.

By the way, this is a great video. Good explanations, (thanks AlphaZealot), good clips, and I appreciate that you talk about common mistakes.
I corrected the grammatical errors in part 1 but it didn't save ;>_<;

uploading a new vid is a big change for people, since most of the time, they just copy paste a link and doesn't read anymore at the thread (this is what happenned with a lot of people when i changed my AHTP part 1)

I will try to find something else...

monkey and co.

Smash Apprentice
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. woot. leaving the country today so i hoped it'd come out before i left. i love these in depth stuff. XD. dling

Top Bottom