• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Will this be included in the next update? I mean a "Don't L-Cancel with full press"-trigger in the debug menu

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
I had similar issues when running though dios mios, the fix i used was simply trying a different format (from fat32 32kb, to fat(16) 32kb)
Appreciate the tip. I'm backing up and reformatting now. I'll let you know if it works.

Edit: Just realized this isn't going to work for me, since Fat(16) only supports partitions up to 2GB. I'm using an 8GB SDHC and would prefer to retain the storage if at all possible. I may try a smaller SD card out soon just to see if this is indeed the cause of the issue I've been having.

Last edited:

Malurth

Smash Cadet
Additions
  • "Random" is Default Highlighted on the Stage Select Screen
I haven't played the updated version yet, but what the ****? This sounds like a downgrade. The game already goes to a random stage if you press Start on the stage select screen without having a stage highlighted. All this will accomplish is ****ing up people's stage-picking muscle memory.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I haven't played the updated version yet, but what the ****? This sounds like a downgrade. The game already goes to a random stage if you press Start on the stage select screen without having a stage highlighted. All this will accomplish is ****ing up people's stage-picking muscle memory.
Relax. You should probably just try it....The code doesn't change any muscle memory because the default SSS cursor position is the same location as it always is.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Will this be included in the next update? I mean a "Don't L-Cancel with full press"-trigger in the debug menu
No. Because I'm going to release a mini update tonight! Just includes some stage stuff and bug fixes.

It's my birthday though and drinking has begun. So hopefully I can get this sucker out before I'm incapable of doing so.

winrus

Smash Rookie
Hey, smashboards. I am using both of beanwolf's guides to try to get this working.

So, when you have the iso complete, he says you have to go into the command window and do some stuff to get it ready for dios mio. In each video he inputs different commands. So the question is, which video do I follow? USB loading or the install tutorial?

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
No. Because I'm going to release a mini update tonight! Just includes some stage stuff and bug fixes.

It's my birthday though and drinking has begun. So hopefully I can get this sucker out before I'm incapable of doing so.
Happy Birthday dude!

Hey, smashboards. I am using both of beanwolf's guides to try to get this working.

So, when you have the iso complete, he says you have to go into the command window and do some stuff to get it ready for dios mio. In each video he inputs different commands. So the question is, which video do I follow? USB loading or the install tutorial?
Mhm, you can just load the iso. I guess he's optimizing it with DiscEx or GcReex, which isn't necessary, but has some advantages. GcReex for example speeds up loading times.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice

After the rebuilding step your ISO is done. Then you just need to use DMToolbox to put the iso inside your SD/USB.

Happy birthday, man!

Last edited:

winrus

Smash Rookie
After the rebuilding step your ISO is done. Then you just need to use DMToolbox to put the iso inside your SD/USB.
So what you're saying is that the wii will be able to read the ISO? so I don't need the GALE01?

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
So what you're saying is that the wii will be able to read the ISO? so I don't need the GALE01?
GALE01 is just the ID of NTSC Melee.
What you need is a Wii with Dios Mios and an USB-Drive/SD-Card with the following content:
/games/20xx_whatevername/game.iso

game.iso is the iso you created yourself

winrus

Smash Rookie
GALE01 is just the ID of NTSC Melee.
What you need is a Wii with Dios Mios and an USB-Drive/SD-Card with the following content:
/games/20xx_whatevername/game.iso

game.iso is the iso you created yourself
IT WORKED!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
**20XX 3.02 Update** (will add to main post later)
Download Link
(Only includes the 3 files that need to be replaced. So for now, just use the 3.01 replacements and add/overwrite with the 3.02 files and then rebuild.)

Bug Fix
  • Matches with Items enabled no longer freeze [Rainbow] Final Destination and Custom Platforms Battlefield.

Additions
  • New stages added to the Hacked Stage Select Screen!
    • All-Star Heal
    • Bonus: Race to the Finish [Classic]
    • F-Zero Grand Prix [Adventure Mode]
    • Escape from Brinstar [Adventure Mode]
    • Termina Great Bay Hacked [Milun]
    • Target Test Stages!
      • Choose which character's Target Test Stage is to be loaded in the Stage Codes Menu.

• Target Stages Never End
    • Enabling causes any Target Stage match to no longer end when all 10 targets have been hit.
  • Disable Screen Rumble
    • Screen does not shake during matches. This happens during events like dying, throwing, landing a strong attack, etc. It's subtle, but when you disable it, you notice it immediately. In a good/cool/smooth way. It makes you see the game in way you never have before.

Last edited:

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Achilles,

I almost hate to make suggestions because I know you have a lot on your plate, but I'm just going to throw some things out there anyway.

-Debug option to change action out of hitstun/ more options out of hitstun.
Right now they jump immediately, which has some problems. To give you a scenario, if Falcon tries down throw knee on Marth, it can be avoided by DI away. The thing is Marth will jump into it every time rather than just tech or autocancel an aerial or something. There are a number of things like this where a fair or nair or even nothing is better than jumping. It'd be a really useful to be able to practice against certain options or if they mixed up their options.

-Spotdodge/Shield after techs
This could also be a debug option or just standard, but it'd be awesome if the CPU would spotdodge so I can practice techchasing Sheik and actually tell if I'm getting there in time (right now only Fox/Falco do anything worthwhile after a tech). They could either mix up spotdodge and grab or you could just choose which one. Another alternate thing that could help is that "turn" counts as green colored. The reason for this is that CPUs tend to turn towards you immediately and the turn doesn't register as a color right now so you can't really tell if you are a few frames late because they don't flash green or anything...

-Choose a DI
Much like "repeat an action," if you could do a button combo and then have a chance to input a DI and then P2 will always DI that particularly way. This is useful for practicing against a particular DI or testing to see if a combo is escape-able with certain DI.

-Choose a tech option
I particularly want to practice against no tech get-up options. I tried to set-up a good way to do this, but It'd be pretty cool if maybe teching could be disabled so you can get more isolated practice against the get-up options. It could also be cool if you could set them to always tech a certain way or such so, for example, you can grind out the spacing of stomping tech roll behind. You can do this by hitting the air most of the time, but you know this would be kind of cool.

I think these things could really help us improve our punish game/ option coverage. If I can help you out, let me know.

Edit: Didn't see the update. Great work on 3.02!
Oh and Happy Birthday Achilles1515 Achilles1515 !!

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Update for update the hack pack just gets better and better!

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
Is there a possibility to change the way number values are input in Debug Menu? For big numbers it takes a long time for the counter to go high. If one could input digit per digit it would be a lot more confortable.
I know it's "complaining on a high comfort level", just wanted to make the suggestion.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
No L-Cancel for Hard L/R Press (1.02) [Achilles]
Code:
C208D690 00000004
89C50680 2C0E0007
4180000C 88A5067F
48000008 38A000FF
60000000 00000000
@ Stride Stride , please test.
It works on dolphin!! so awesome code!
ON/OFF could be changed by each player when you include this in 20XX
(Because of the case that some players wanna practice Light press L-cancel, the others wanna play usually).

Note:
I noticed this code will not work with "Turn Red Unsuccessful L-canceling" code (not 20XX but Gecko code) on dolphin.

Note2:
I tested on Wii & 20XX.
This code works with 20XX's "Turn Red Unsuccessful L-canceling". :)

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Update for update the hack pack just gets better and better!

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
Is there a possibility to change the way number values are input in Debug Menu? For big numbers it takes a long time for the counter to go high. If one could input digit per digit it would be a lot more confortable.
I know it's "complaining on a high comfort level", just wanted to make the suggestion.
That's what the "Hold R to turbo menus" is for.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , could you make Press B button in debug menu change "to title screen" to "to the menu before CSS ("Melee", "Debug Menu", "Custom Rules" and so on).

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
you think it would be possible to count button presses within 60 frames utilizing the percent counter or something.

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
Hello. Im having an issue with the costum costumes. I can only get to work the Golden Brawl costume, the CATS costume and the Captain America costume. When i press "L" with any other costume, it does nothing. Do you know how i can fix this? I run 20xx on Dolphin, and will soon play it on wii, dont know if through an SD card or a USB. Will i have the same problem?
Thanks.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hello. Im having an issue with the costum costumes. I can only get to work the Golden Brawl costume, the CATS costume and the Captain America costume. When i press "L" with any other costume, it does nothing. Do you know how i can fix this? I run 20xx on Dolphin, and will soon play it on wii, dont know if through an SD card or a USB. Will i have the same problem?
Thanks.
You need to update to the most recent version.

Violence

Smash Lord
Hello devs, I've really been enjoying the hack pack, and it's been doing wonders for my practice time.

One feature I have always wanted was to be able to record an input string and play it back, like in the Street Fighter Training mode.

My apologies if this is already implemented, or has already been suggested and is in the works.

Thanks again for this sweet mod.

tubes

Smash Ace
Hello devs, I've really been enjoying the hack pack, and it's been doing wonders for my practice time.

One feature I have always wanted was to be able to record an input string and play it back, like in the Street Fighter Training mode.

My apologies if this is already implemented, or has already been suggested and is in the works.

I second this motion. Implementing this feature should be a top priority.

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
in 3.01 my name entry is buggy as all hell. Entering a tag makes me a cpu and only a few tags are available from the CSS.
Additionally, is there a way to advance frame by frame?

Achilles1515

Smash Master

I made an initial attempt at this and mostly failed. It played most of the input back, but missed some of the faster inputs/subtle things. I might have an idea to go a little more in depth with it and give it a better attempt. Idk when this will happen though. It definitely would be awesome.
in 3.01 my name entry is buggy as all hell. Entering a tag makes me a cpu and only a few tags are available from the CSS.
Additionally, is there a way to advance frame by frame?
The CPU thing is noted multiple times on the main post and is a known problem. I haven’t heard anything about only a few name tags being available on the CSS. Can you explain this in greater detail?

To advance frame-by-frame, open the debug menu and change the debug level to DEVELOP. Then when you’re in a match, press start to freeze and then Z will frame advance. X+d-pad up brings up the normal pause screen in this mode. And not all of the 20XX ingame toggles work in develop mode.

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
The CPU thing is noted multiple times on the main post and is a known problem. I haven’t heard anything about only a few name tags being available on the CSS. Can you explain this in greater detail?

To advance frame-by-frame, open the debug menu and change the debug level to DEVELOP. Then when you’re in a match, press start to freeze and then Z will frame advance. X+d-pad up brings up the normal pause screen in this mode. And not all of the 20XX ingame toggles work in develop mode.
When it first closed the name entry and made me a cpu I thought that I might have been out of room so I deleted a bunch of names through Name Entry in the menu. Once a tag was deleted, its little slot on the left would remain there but empty. Very weird. I also could not scroll through them. Now when I return to the CSS and opened up the tags are only 4. This is clearly because those 4 are in the first row in Name Entry above 2 now blank spaces.

Thanks for the frame by frame info.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hey I have a question. I'm doing custom music on my 20xx pack but for some reason the Alt music i.e (Battlefield - MultiManmelee 1) Will not play at all if i hold the L or R button. To be certain that i'm not being a noob i tested it on a regular gamecube system and it played perfectly. Is there a configuration somewhere in 20xx that i can change for it to show up or should i just forget the alt stage music for my songs?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hey I have a question. I'm doing custom music on my 20xx pack but for some reason the Alt music i.e (Battlefield - MultiManmelee 1) Will not play at all if i hold the L or R button. To be certain that i'm not being a noob i tested it on a regular gamecube system and it played perfectly. Is there a configuration somewhere in 20xx that i can change for it to show up or should i just forget the alt stage music for my songs?
Turn the music all the way down and use Pandora like me. xD

Last edited:

luketavius

Smash Rookie
NNID
luketavius
3DS FC
2535-4467-7043
I'm playing in dolphin and when I go to the title screen for any reason, like after messing with debug menu, the game freezes when I press start. Anyone know any fixes?

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
I'm having an issue with the CPUs in 3.02. Occasionally, the computer players' AI will just stop. They'll sit there and do nothing. Sometimes hitting them makes them work again, but other times they just still don't do anything.

It appears to happen every time a CPU dies, and randomly other times. I haven't done much testing, though.

EDIT: It looks like the thing that kickstarts the AI into working again is knocking them off the stage. I'm absolutely no expert, but I think that Melee CPUs have a few different states they can be in, where they're trying to accomplish something? Like, there's the "Rack up damage" state and the "Grab all items" state? I think. It looks like forcing them into the "Get back on the stage" state is what's fixing them.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , could you make Press B button in debug menu change "to title screen" to "to the menu before CSS ("Melee", "Debug Menu", "Custom Rules" and so on).
I may be able to but I'm not going to be doing that right now. Most changes made in the debug menu get executed when you press start at the Start Screen.
I'm playing in dolphin and when I go to the title screen for any reason, like after messing with debug menu, the game freezes when I press start. Anyone know any fixes?
Disable Netplay codes.
I have no clue. The first thing I would attempt is to play vanilla Melee with only Sham Rock's Random Music code enabled (from last page I think), and see if alt music works using that code. That's the only code in the pack that deals with music IDs, so that would be my guess for the first thing to check.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Mine works. Make sure all human players are holding the same button, and that you are using a save file with sound test unlocked normally. The alt music thing doesn't work until you unlock sound test, even if the 20xx iso forces it to be available.

Elen

Smash Lord
The TyWtCat.dat replacement I just downloaded in your recent update seems to be too large to replace the old file. I'll try re-downloading. Other two files were fine.

Edit: Still too large to replace the copy from my 3.01 build. Do I need to try building from scratch?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
The TyWtCat.dat replacement I just downloaded in your recent update seems to be too large to replace the old file. I'll try re-downloading. Other two files were fine.

Edit: Still too large to replace the copy from my 3.01 build. Do I need to try building from scratch?
Yes, you need to rebuild because of that file.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
This is actually pretty cool. You should leave it in the game for lols. haha

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Achilles, I can't test the L-cancel code as I can't get Gecko codes to work; I can't figure out how to install IOS236 properly (I'm overwhelmed by the method it has to be installed with after the Wi-Fi shutdown). Sorry.

Also, accidentally loading state while I was on the ledge caused this to happen (the game is frozen here by the way). I knew that it would freeze in that situation but I didn't know about this:

I find it funny how Luigi is stretched out so much that he's simultaneously in the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen and extending off the top of the screen.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
When it first closed the name entry and made me a cpu I thought that I might have been out of room so I deleted a bunch of names through Name Entry in the menu. Once a tag was deleted, its little slot on the left would remain there but empty. Very weird. I also could not scroll through them. Now when I return to the CSS and opened up the tags are only 4. This is clearly because those 4 are in the first row in Name Entry above 2 now blank spaces.

Thanks for the frame by frame info.
I've seen that happen, but before I wrote the custom code to move name tags up one slot. I'm on 3.02 right now and name tags are deleting fine. Try updating and see if the problem persists.

Achilles, I can't test the L-cancel code as I can't get Gecko codes to work; I can't figure out how to install IOS236 properly (I'm overwhelmed by the method it has to be installed with after the Wi-Fi shutdown). Sorry.

Also, accidentally loading state while I was on the ledge caused this to happen (the game is frozen here by the way). I knew that it would freeze in that situation but I didn't know about this:

I find it funny how Luigi is stretched out so much that he's simultaneously in the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen and extending off the top of the screen.
Is that his hat on the left???? LOL. Yeah, that's one of those action states where you don't want to load state during.

Top Bottom