• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a strange problem with 20xx and a melee iso in general. When loading it via Dios Mios Booter the music will stutter for no reason when loaded up. I tested the Vanilla and the 20xx versions of it to be sure.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a strange problem with 20xx and a melee iso in general. When loading it via Dios Mios Booter the music will stutter for no reason when loaded up. I tested the Vanilla and the 20xx versions of it to be sure.
Nothing ever happens for no reason. My first guess is you're booting from a USB 1.1 port, then after that I'd guess a slow drive. Are you using the latest version of DIOS MIOS, 2.11?

It freezes when I hit start in the start screen. Any solutions?
Either untoggle all of Melee's cheats or disable cheats globally.

Really, Achilles, put this at the top of the first post. 80% of the problems people have with 20XX are from the netplay codes. Either that or include an AZXE0J header by default, which is actually what I'd prefer.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Nothing ever happens for no reason. My first guess is you're booting from a USB 1.1 port, then after that I'd guess a slow drive. Are you using the latest version of DIOS MIOS, 2.11?

Either untoggle all of Melee's cheats or disable cheats globally.

Really, Achilles, put this at the top of the first post. 80% of the problems people have with 20XX are from the netplay codes. Either that or include an AZXE0J header by default, which is actually what I'd prefer.
Okay i didn't know that there was a 2.11 cause the site where you can download it wasn't displaying...i didn't know that i had my adblocker on :( I'll try again.

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
On a scale from 1 to 10 how possible would it be to have computers use recovery other than their up b? Like fox using illusion or Ice Climbers using squall hammer?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
On a scale from 1 to 10 how possible would it be to have computers use recovery other than their up b? Like fox using illusion or Ice Climbers using squall hammer?
This was actually discussed several pages back. Making them use side B off the stage to recover is like a 10. Making them do it intelligently is like a 6 or so. For instance, spacies sweetspot side B to the ledge may have to be coded separately for every stage. The biggest problem is probably using up too many lines of code as well as dev time that could be used for other things. Achilles thinks he's solved his lines issue, but he's got a back-log of things to do which he'll probably tackle in whatever order he wants.

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
This was actually discussed several pages back. Making them use side B off the stage to recover is like a 10. Making them do it intelligently is like a 6 or so. For instance, spacies sweetspot side B to the ledge may have to be coded separately for every stage. The biggest problem is probably using up too many lines of code as well as dev time that could be used for other things. Achilles thinks he's solved his lines issue, but he's got a back-log of things to do which he'll probably tackle in whatever order he wants.
Thanks, I figured someone asked already, but I wasn't about to dig through 67 pages.

DRGN

Technowizard
Have you seen Sham Rock's new thread on adding new files to an ISO yet? It's pretty amazing. Perhaps some of those new files could be devoted to just providing more lines for code space.

Last edited:

pk_melee

Smash Cadet
What I'd love from a "Training Hack" would be passive L-Cancel indicators.

Audio would be easiest, a ding every time you hit an L-Cancel and a clang every time you missed.

These could be added for other situations too, such as at Techs, un-cancelled shines, something with regards to learning wavedashing, etc.

A "metronome" for wobbling grab with the Ice Climbers? I can imagine lots of character specific indicators.

EDIT:
Ah, this reddit thread mentions "flash red on L-Cancel miss" mode. I didn't see anything like that in the release notes / wiki here though. Is there a write-up on these kind of features?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What I'd love from a "Training Hack" would be passive L-Cancel indicators.

Audio would be easiest, a ding every time you hit an L-Cancel and a clang every time you missed.

These could be added for other situations too, such as at Techs, un-cancelled shines, something with regards to learning wavedashing, etc.

A "metronome" for wobbling grab with the Ice Climbers? I can imagine lots of character specific indicators.

EDIT:
Ah, this reddit thread mentions "flash red on L-Cancel miss" mode. I didn't see anything like that in the release notes / wiki here though. Is there a write-up on these kind of features?
The L-Cancel stuff is in the 20XX Debug Menu --> Gameplay Codes --> L-Cancel section.

I've done zero testing on playing sound bytes at will but InternetExplorer apparently documented a function, in the SSBMO sheet, that can accomplish this, but I've never experimented with it.

I would love to add a debug menu option to have players flash a color at a customizable rate...

Last edited:

pk_melee

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the flash on no-L-Cancel is perfect. No need for audio, the flash is better for 2-player mode as well.

You should just add that and a gif to the OP here, as that's a great "training" hack.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Is this compatible for PAL versions of Wii and Melee?
PAL Melee no; it's only compatible with the NTSC 1.02 version.
PAL Wii yes. In order to run the hack pack you need to softmod your Wii; the mods that you have to install anyway will allow you to play games without region restrictions. I run 20XX on a PAL Wii with no issues, as do many other people. The original post contains links to instructions for installing the softmods.

Also, since you might be interested, if you want to replace the NTSC characters with PAL characters you can easily swap out the character .DAT files; some characters can already be switched between PAL and NTSC at the character select screen, but not all of them. On my copy I have it set up so that every character is PAL by default and the characters that used to be able to be switched to PAL on the character select screen are now able to be switched to NTSC instead. Instructions are here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-60#post-17859301

Last edited:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Im really confused on how the action spam works, sometimes P2 will freeze and do nothing after 3 seconds (even still flashing), and it does not reset until I hit him with a move. So far it has only worked with smash attacks or neutral B moves, but I don't do the move I just hold the stick and or buttons. When I try to do tilts, the cpu dashes, jumps, crouches or does a smash move instead.

Also, I don't think it does the combination of buttons you press, it seems to do the last thing you did after 3 seconds with a very small time window for the input.

I might be totally wrong here (most likely) I beg someone to clarify me how this works. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Im really confused on how the action spam works, sometimes P2 will freeze and do nothing after 3 seconds (even still flashing), and it does not reset until I hit him with a move. So far it has only worked with smash attacks or neutral B moves, but I don't do the move I just hold the stick and or buttons. When I try to do tilts, the cpu dashes, jumps, crouches or does a smash move instead.

Also, I don't think it does the combination of buttons you press, it seems to do the last thing you did after 3 seconds with a very small time window for the input.

I might be totally wrong here (most likely) I beg someone to clarify me how this works. Thanks in advance.
It copies your joystick & button inputs to P2 THE MOMENT three seconds have elapsed. Anything you do inbetween those three seconds doesn't matter. You can do tilts and everything. Just be extra subtle with the joystick.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
It copies your joystick & button inputs to P2 THE MOMENT three seconds have elapsed. Anything you do inbetween those three seconds doesn't matter. You can do tilts and everything. Just be extra subtle with the joystick.
:confused:

So I have to time what I want to do and do it exactly 3 seconds after pressing L+R+D pad up?

EDIT: I was practicing teching fox dmash with the freeze code and after loading saving states several times the grame froze, lol.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
:confused:

So I have to time what I want to do and do it exactly 3 seconds after pressing L+R+D pad up?

EDIT: I was practicing teching fox dmash with the freeze code and after loading saving states several times the grame froze, lol.
No. Just do it ASAP after pressing L+R+D-Pad Up and hold that position until P2 starts spamming the input.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Also, is it possible to make a character spam an aerial with this method? I'm guessing is not? would it be in the future?

And thank you for this amazing work, is there any way I can contribute/help? (besides donations cause I'm a poor scrub).

Hedgehog_

Smash Cadet
Everything works good the only problem i have is how the game looks. If i stand still it looks prettygood but once i start moving around the stage the stage it starts looking blurry. Tried remaking ISO and loaded on Dios Mios and Nintendont tried different TVS too.
anyone know how to fix?

DRGN

Technowizard
Also, is it possible to make a character spam an aerial with this method? I'm guessing is not? would it be in the future?

And thank you for this amazing work, is there any way I can contribute/help? (besides donations cause I'm a poor scrub).
You could remove the character's gravity so they hover in place, then give them the command for the move spam.

The offset for that is 7C (counting the header) in the character's dat file. Go there, change the value to 0s. Then find a stage that has a spawn platform at your desired height, so you can kill off the character, and have them stay hovering at that height as they spam their move. If you want full shffling, you'd probably need an ASM code.

Last edited:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You could remove the character's gravity so they hover in place, then give them the command for the move spam.

The offset for that is 7C (counting the header) in the character's dat file. Go there, change the value to 0s. Then find a stage that has a spawn platform at your desired height, so you can kill off the character, and have them stay hovering at that height as they spam their move. If you want full shffling, you'd probably need an ASM code.
Thanks for the reply, pretty informative.

Would love to learn some ASM code for hacking (maybe I could contribute with something?) however my knowledge of assembler code is very limited as of now.

blazerer

Smash Rookie
On PS2, the camera is always looking at the jumbo screen as if its showing the symbol for the next transformation..

PLEASE FIX, I LOVE PS2, but I cant play on it cuz the camera gives me a headache.

Thank you.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Everything works good the only problem i have is how the game looks. If i stand still it looks prettygood but once i start moving around the stage the stage it starts looking blurry. Tried remaking ISO and loaded on Dios Mios and Nintendont tried different TVS too.
anyone know how to fix?
Does it do this with your ISO when played with Dolphin? Does it do this when you load vanilla Melee in the same manner? Are you loading the game off USB or SD? I have a feeling the hard drive you are using might be too slow.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
YEAAAA BOIIIIII! Dreams really can come true.

THIS IS ALL I WANT FOR CHIRSTMAS.

Astrumqt

Smash Rookie
YEAAAA BOIIIIII! Dreams really can come true.

THIS IS ALL I WANT FOR CHIRSTMAS.
How limited is this? Can custom stages/costumes be injected using it? From what I gather on the video, it seems it's limited to Gecko codes and because custom stages/costumes require special files, it's not doable.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
How limited is this? Can custom stages/costumes be injected using it? From what I gather on the video, it seems it's limited to Gecko codes and because custom stages/costumes require special files, it's not doable.
I'm not sure but I think stage modifications like competitive Green Greens and no-transformations PKMN Stadium can be done with just DOL modding / Gecko Codes.

Also we don't really need stage textures and alt costumes, thats just a perk of the ISO mod version.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
As far as I understand it, this does not allow for custom game files to be loaded. Only simple gecko codes. However, Gecko codes can do a lot.

IIRC Achilles said before that they intend on making a '20XX Lite' version just for the memory card hacking until it gets further along and they can place custom files.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
As far as I understand it, this does not allow for custom game files to be loaded. Only simple gecko codes. However, Gecko codes can do a lot.

IIRC Achilles said before that they intend on making a '20XX Lite' version just for the memory card hacking until it gets further along and they can place custom files.
If I remember correctly, the white memory card file limit is 8mb. Wouldn't be hard to replace files with just 8mb?

Astrumqt

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure but I think stage modifications like competitive Green Greens and no-transformations PKMN Stadium can be done with just DOL modding / Gecko Codes.

Also we don't really need stage textures and alt costumes, thats just a perk of the ISO mod version.
Yeah, custom textures and alt costumes I could give two ****s about.

No-transformation stadium, competitive Green Greens, option to select PAL versions of characters; now those would be godlike.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
If I remember correctly, the white memory card file limit is 8mb. Wouldn't be hard to replace files with just 8mb?
Yeah, pretty sure they're only 8mb. There is however the option for SD Gecko cards and other similar ones if it ever does become feasible to put custom content onto the save file. http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDGecko
If it ever does, I'd be happy to try and make a few of these to sell to the community.

Yeah, custom textures and alt costumes I could give two ****s about.

No-transformation stadium, competitive Green Greens, option to select PAL versions of characters; now those would be godlike.
Pretty sure PAL versions of characters falls under custom content and having to load different character files unless they could figure out a way to patch over it with gecko codes.

Last edited:

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
As has been discussed, taunt cancelling won't come standard because it has some edgehog applications. The plan is to put it in as a debug toggle in one of the upcoming updates (I think).

Achilles1515

Smash Master
On PS2, the camera is always looking at the jumbo screen as if its showing the symbol for the next transformation..

PLEASE FIX, I LOVE PS2, but I cant play on it cuz the camera gives me a headache.

Thank you.
Wow...I never noticed this. S**t.
You're right. Wii hacking will always be superior because you can use modified game files. Hacked stages, characters, costume files, etc. can't be used with GC hacking of this manner. That's why I've been calling it 20XX Lite. It's limited in comparison, but still has a lot of uses.

The only thing new with this development is the injected Gecko codehandler. We already knew how to inject custom ASM using the exploit, IE just wanted this codehandler to make adding new codes easier. The only issue I have with this method is that it is technically less efficient than just injecting it manually. It's basically using a middle man to get your work done instead of just doing it yourself, and that middle man is doing a bunch of other things [every frame of the game] that may be totally unnecessary for the task at hand. For example, any 32-bit write code in the form of "04XXXXXX YYYYYYYY" writes YYYYYYYY to 0x80000000+XXXXXXX every single frame of the game no matter what you are doing or where you are at. So say all that was necessary is to change a line of code once and just leave it alone (as in it never gets written to again by the game's code), the Gecko codehandler ignores this fact and every frame of the game will still run through the codehandler code and also make that 32-bit overwrite even though it doesn't need to. So how I see it, you lose some efficiency by purely using Gecko codes.

The benefit is that it makes it more straightforward to add codes into the game.

This is a really cool development, though!! IE is quite awesome.
Achilles, what do I gotta do for you to put taunt canceling in 20XX?

:^)
I'll try and get it as a debug toggle in the next release.

Last edited:

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
As has been discussed, taunt cancelling won't come standard because it has some edgehog applications. The plan is to put it in as a debug toggle in one of the upcoming updates (I think).
Yeah, I meant having it as a toggle. Should've specified that. :3

I'll try and get it as a debug toggle in the next release.

:D

Top Bottom