• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Lol, it's fine. Now you know. And yeah, the models are usually stored in the same file as the textures (with the exception of some characters' articles) so all you need is just the one file.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I haven't tried that way, lol.

If I wanted to take out his eyes, I just use the erasor since the background of his eyes are transparent.

Normally it looks like this.

Take (erase) his eyes out.

= No MK eyes.

Asa

Smash Hero
question:

so my sd card was working fine for a while

it broke, so i put all the stuff on a new sd card
but when i load homebrew it doesn't recognize my sd card. the icon in the bottom right corner, to the right of the gecko, is lit up. what could be the problem?

Skyward Link

Smash Rookie
wait, do you install moveset hacks the same way? because i want to use this guy's hyper sonic with custom moves!

Tyty210

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm fiddling around with texture hacking after a long while, and I'm wondering

Is there any way to change the colour of Green Hill's sky?

boo13

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was just wondering how to get the Character Select Pictures to show up. I can get the ones ingame to show up, but the ones on the Character Select Screen don't show up. I have common5.pac under system, but I don't know where to go from here?

Kati

Smash Lord
simple question, but... did you put your portraits in char_bust_tex_lz77?

found in sc_selcharacter_en

Matteron

Smash Ace
Hey, I was just wondering how to get the Character Select Pictures to show up. I can get the ones ingame to show up, but the ones on the Character Select Screen don't show up. I have common5.pac under system, but I don't know where to go from here?
simple question, but... did you put your portraits in char_bust_tex_lz77?

found in sc_selcharacter_en
Open up a common_5.pac in brawlbox, replace the CSP's load it up, there you go, it should work.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Some random textures I made. In order: Checkered, Denim, Spazz, and Dice Kirby. Lemme know what you guys think.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's driving me nuts, but I can't find the updated version of Metroid Trainer. Anyone know where it's hosted? Wasn't on Brawl Vault.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hey, I just got a laptop. what is the best program for unzipping files (one that won't come with viruses would be nice)

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
i am curious. can i use geko on a micro sd card through a sd card reader? i ask cause my brawl broke recently so i can not test it out for a while

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Just get a transflash adaptor. You know, the ones that make MicroSDs fit in regular SD slots. All of my MicroSDs came with one each.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i had the infinite replay, the 3 stock 8 min, and the zerosuit samus hack but someone messed with my sd card so i dont have them any more so where can i get them and where do i put them and the pokmon trainer hack too

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
i had the infinite replay, the 3 stock 8 min, and the zerosuit samus hack but someone messed with my sd card so i dont have them any more so where can i get them and where do i put them and the pokmon trainer hack too
BBQTV
Here's a finished GCT file with every code you need/ want http://www.mediafire.com/?89dg7u4lk4il7ks
If you'd rather do it manually so you'll remember how to do it then...
Here's the codes :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?qdir1sy55gg99yk

To use um, just open your apps folder

Then open your ocarina folder and then the pc folder

Once there, you'll see the codemgr program
Click it and you'll notice it wants the Game ID. The ID is RSBE01. You can put Smash Bros Brawl (US) for the Game Name, but it Shouldn't affect the codes.

Click on the add a code button located on the bottom and type its name.

In the contents section just copy and paste the numbers from the code that is in the text document I have in the link.

Do each code One at a Time and make sure to copy every line of numbers excluding the name of the code in the contents section.
You can click the store modifications button while you do each code but it's not required.

After adding the codes to the list, check each box so that they are all selected and then press the Export to GCT button at the bottom. That should save the GCT File to your SD card.

That should just about do it. Good luck :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did finish up a texture project a while ago...

Fighters

During the past set of days, I was thinking about those Shadow Sirens from the Paper Mario series. I decided to do up textures of what they might've looked like before they became demons.

Beldam

Who would've thought than an ugly demon hag had an attractive look during her pre-demon times?! She even had her own disguise to keep her identity hidden. Guess Beldam sold her beauty when she became a demon for the Shadow Queen.

Marilyn

Marilyn was a bulky demon, so it's pretty obvious that her pre-demon form had to be rather bulky as well. She even had a hammer in her arsenal to keep intruders at bay. Of course, she was the least appealing Shadow Siren during that time, and never did much talking.

Vivian

Being the youngest Shadow Siren, Vivian also had the best looks, and her pre-demon form easily proves it. Super sexy and attractive, Vivian sure knew how to leave others heavily infatuated.

Kirby Hats

Looks like Kirby snagged some of the Shadow Sirens' pre-demon caps while he had the chance.

Beldam's Childhood Cap

Beldam had that cap back during her younger days. Kirby sure got lucky finding this souvenir.

Beldam's Disguise

Kirby also snatched Beldam's disguise. How sneaky...

Marilyn's Cap

Marilyn's cap was also on Kirby's list.

Vivian's Crown

Kirby sure had guts to get this cap, considering Vivian's irresistible beauty.

Downloads

Beldam (Basic)
Beldam (Disguise)
Marilyn
Vivian
Kirby Hat - Beldam's Childhood Cap
Kirby Hat - Beldam's Disguise
Kirby Hat - Marilyn's Cap
Kirby Hat - Vivian's Crown

Note: Vertex edits for the Peach texture were done by LenSho and KAZECoyote.

P.S.: Vivian is waiting for you...

Top Bottom