• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Can anybody help me add CSP?

I've downloaded SJS CSP in the brawl vault just now.
All I see is pictures of how the CSP's would look like in game but I've not recieved any instructions on how to add them to brawl. I've looked around to find out how to add downloaded CSP's but with no success :(.

Can anbody help me?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Shoot me for giving :falcon: lipstick and some blush. This was done in like, what, 10 minutes? Lol.

BV description: The pink Captain Falcon has acquired lipstick and some blush. Beware his feminine powers!
DL: :link2:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did release a set of new textures the other day. Maybe a few people will be interested in them.

I did read a couple sources regarding Latias and Latios, and I spotted some interesting information in which some of them have shape-shifting abilities. So I thought, why not make human forms for those two.

Human Latias - Brawl Vault Link

This is how I depicted Latias's human form. Since all Latias are female, a female human was to be expected. Of course, Peach was the best pick. The jewels on her crown have colors that match the colors of the Soul Dew item from the Pokemon games.

Texture uses vertex edits made by KAZECoyote and LenSho, who gave me permission to use them.

Human Latios - Brawl Vault Link

My very first Marth texture. I ran into a few bumps in terms of who would work with a human Latios texture. I tried out Marth, and the results ended in a good way in the end. His blade was created from the shards of the Soul Dew, giving it mystical powers.

Kirby Hats for those textures also exist.

Human Latias's Crown - Brawl Vault Link

Human Latios's Hair - Brawl Vault Link

MarthEmblemPrince

Smash Rookie
i have all the downloads on my sd card and i was wondering is there anything i need to make them work? srry if this is a stupid question, im just beggining at this stuff

n64billy

Smash Ace
If you play NTSC Brawl, you use NTSC Brawl codes, even on a PAL Wii.
That's what I do...
That way, I can use all the hacks everyone else makes, and plus, NTSC has way more codes to use that are better (Not really.... but the File Replacement code is a lot better)

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Riivolution makes the file replacement code not needed to be ported anymore.
But Ntsc does has a lot better codes. The CSS codes and the alternate stage loader being the best ones, and a few little codes like "Can't leave result screen without saving replay" are really nice too.
Also most people use an ntsc brawl, so all the edited motion files and effect textures are all NTSC. Smash mods like Brawl+ take really long to be ported, if at all.
So yes, NTSC disc is a lot better. At the begin having the basics (if using riivolution) is okay, but the deeper you go the more you'll feel the need to get an ntsc disc. Its what I did.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah, with my bedroom TV broken so I can't play my Wii whenever I want, and my Wii broken anyway, I'm finally gravitating towards getting NTSC Brawl and playing it in Dolphin. Plus I'm sick of complaining about things not working in PAL and nobody giving a crap about it. :/ Also, motion files a region-free. Stages sometimes aren't, though.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah, with my bedroom TV broken so I can't play my Wii whenever I want, and my Wii broken anyway, I'm finally gravitating towards getting NTSC Brawl and playing it in Dolphin. Plus I'm sick of complaining about things not working in PAL and nobody giving a crap about it. :/ Also, motion files a region-free. Stages sometimes aren't, though.
I just switched too.. Now that I have it, I realise I didnt even miss that much.
The custom CSS, Alternate Stage loader, goody codes and effect textures that have their changes in the model so can't get ported easy like the Whimsicial Glow are really great tho.

@Above: Looool looks really funny.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
So I was wanting to make a personal texture hack of Falcon.
I wanted to edit his eyes to look like red LED eyes, and I already knew people had trouble with editing falcons eyes, but it is truly impossible or just hard? I cant find any texture data for his eyes.
Also would it be easier to just remove his eye polygons using the hex value 0 method to put all the vertices below his feet, and then editing his visor instead?
Wanted some information before I started.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Are you sure that in your GCT you have the correct file patch code for your region? IE: PAL, NTSC-J, NTSC-U
are you sure that for characters that transform, Zero suit samus, samus, bowser, giga bowser, zelda, and sheik, that you have the .pac AND .pcs?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Do you use Riivolution or Gecko OS?
What codes do you have. What textures and stuff do you have on your SD.
That kind of stuff will make it a lot easier to answer it =)

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet
hi there people, i have a question, mmmm im trying to edit stages using assist trophies for the background, the problem is that, as soon as the battle starts de pokemon in this case, make the animation of about 61 frames and then it doesnt move anymore, the question is, how to fix so the animation loops to look like its moving all the time,
I have already downloaded stages from other people and checked differences in the files i just noted that they have like doubled the frames so instead of having 41 of the original they had 82, I dont know what else, besides I dont know how to duplicate the animation, i mean the frames. help!!! please!!

take care!!

Depster

Smash Champion
No, I'm using Riivolution. I think it may be because the mu_mainmenu file or whatever it is is too big, as it's over 10000kb. The file has over 4000 downloads on Brawl Vault or whatever so it may be something I'm doing...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey there guys! Wavestah here. it's been a lil while as usual since I released something, but here's something I did out of boredom, free time and sudden inspiration...And because none of you other people thought to do it, though I think I know why. ¦D

Sonic with his own Air Shoes (Or Hover Shoes if you wanna call em that) From Sonic X's Metarex Saga, episode 55!

Also comes in an alt outfit with the belt buckle, just in case you'd like that better. :3

Now there are two versions of this. One with spines that animate and the other with ones that don't. Both have their own FitMotion files to use for skating. The reason their different is that the animated's FitMotion has Sonic's regular dash animation instead of the Shadow one, due to it causing the polygons for the spines to explode for a moment even after changing them in the animation to be Sonic's regular ones. He still have Shadow's run with the skating, just not the dash.

The non-animated is how this was originally made, but I thought of a certain someone who once "professed" his dislike for Shadow's spines not animating themselves, so I made a FitMotion for a regular version too, just to please both crowds. The bone-edited outfits' FitMotion has Shadow's dash though, so the animations transition more smoothly as they should.

Sonic's moveset is included in the package with slight edits of adding in flames under the shoes for the skating, like with Shadow, and getting rid of the figure 8 that appears when he runs. There's one for Brawl, Brawl+ and Brawl-. The outfit with the non-animating spines can be used well with Shadow's moveset on Sonic as well. (Not included)

That's just about everything, enjoy folks! :3

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12704

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
No, I'm using Riivolution. I think it may be because the mu_mainmenu file or whatever it is is too big, as it's over 10000kb. The file has over 4000 downloads on Brawl Vault or whatever so it may be something I'm doing...
Now, don't quote me on this as I'm probably wrong, but I think it goes in /menu2/, and then you put "_en" on the end of the file.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm having difficulties with stage textures. I followed the instructions on the first page, at least the best I could. It goes to load the stage and the freezes with a infinite beep. My current files look like this: F:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\stage\melee. The character skin textures work, but I cannot get the stages to go through.

Just so you all know, I have only tried masking Final Destination. I have used 2 different files and neither one work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or direct me to a youtube video or something.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a problem maybe u guys could help me out with. It seems that whenever I use my peach texture here.

http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l471/zfan122/?action=view&current=Untitled2.jpg&newest=1#

It freezes the game, like period, I tried making a new peach folder and using peach instead of Peach like I had it before, but nothing works. And if it doesn't freeze when I select peach it freezes shortly afterward.

The dress was NOT hexed out, it's just textured in a way that it is clear in the photoshop part of it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm having a problem maybe u guys could help me out with. It seems that whenever I use my peach texture here.

http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l471/zfan122/?action=view&current=Untitled2.jpg&newest=1#

It freezes the game, like period, I tried making a new peach folder and using peach instead of Peach like I had it before, but nothing works. And if it doesn't freeze when I select peach it freezes shortly afterward.

The dress was NOT hexed out, it's just textured in a way that it is clear in the photoshop part of it.
How much memory does the PCS file use? There is a limit to how big the PCS file can be for each character. It's possible that your texture is too high quality, if that truly is the case.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hey guys, I'm having difficulties with stage textures. I followed the instructions on the first page, at least the best I could. It goes to load the stage and the freezes with a infinite beep. My current files look like this: F:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\stage\melee. The character skin textures work, but I cannot get the stages to go through.

Just so you all know, I have only tried masking Final Destination. I have used 2 different files and neither one work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or direct me to a youtube video or something.
What stage are you trying to use? Are you sure you labeled the stage correctly? Are you sure it doesn't need a .rel (the .rel file goes in pf/module)

Kaptain

Smash Ace
What stage are you trying to use? Are you sure you labeled the stage correctly? Are you sure it doesn't need a .rel (the .rel file goes in pf/module)
I have no clue what a .rel file is or how to get one. Nor have I heard anything about pf/module. Please elaberate.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
A module (.rel) is basically a file with some information about a stage. People use it to port, say, Final Destination to Rumble Falls. They just use a .rel to give that slot Final Desination's information. They go in pf/module, while the stage goes in the usual spot of pf/stage/melee.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I need a small clarification.

Basically, I downloaded from Brawl Vault some textures.
In almost every of them, there were a .pac and a .pcs file.
But I don't use textures on a normal vBrawl so let's say that I have some edited .pac files for every character.
I tried to take only the .pcs files and put them with the proper name and it indeed still worked, even though the .pac was not the one who came with the texture.

So my question is:
- does this create any problem like, character turning out to have some imperceptible difference from the textured and the non-textured ones which I didn't notice?
I mean, what exactly is in the .pac files? Because even though I had different .pac almost every texture worked.

Last thing: a few textures instead didn't work.
For example, I couldn't make this http://www.mediafire.com/?y0yeznjnnjn work, dunno why.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
.pac files for textures are used for single player modes, training mode?, subspace emissary, all star mode, classic mode, etc. .pcs files are used for multiplayer modes such as versus mode. Just make sure they are in the right folder and labeled correctly. Also, keep this in mind, transforming characters, zerosuit samus, samus, sheik, zelda, bowser, and gigabowser need the .pac AND .pcs if you want the texture to work after they transform.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
I did look around on here but I didn't find an answer to this.

I've done a huge amount of texture editing but I don't know how people are editing the 3D character models themselves.

An example is the Ike texture called 'Dante'. They've made his hair much longer, the legs more bulky and unless I'm mistaken they've added entirely new stuff to him so he looks like he's wearing a long coat. I guess it's possible that they just did something tricky with the cape but I don't think so.

What program are they using for this? The first posts of the how-to thread look the same way they did when I went there to learn texture hacking

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I made this... cuz I can.

Introducing... Flame Sonic!
From BV description
I really like how this came out. I used Paint.NET with the use of 2 plugins: "Flames!" and "Fire." It just looks so awesome.

Thanks to Mewtwo2000 for the Fixed Sonic model and my brother for helping me judge it.

If it desyncs Wi-fi, tell me. I don't think it should since it's only a texture.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A few textures that I did up during the October month.

Wargle - Brawl Vault

It's basically my attempt to make Falco resemble that new 5th generation Pokemon. Not exactly perfect, considering that way that Falco's textures worked. Removed the headgear with a hex editor.

The next texture, I did up yesterday for Halloween. Think of it as a late Halloween treat.

Halloween Goddess Rosalina - Brawl Vault

I wish that I did it earlier, but the idea never came to me until that very day.

The vertex edits were done by KAZECoyote and LenSho.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Guess I might as well post this here. ¦D

Wow, exactly one month later. XD I'll keep this one short.

The second vertex of Wave, on Marth instead of Link, is now finished thanks to the wondrous work of Aafyre! Afterwards I edited the textures a bit to better suit my tastes and accuracy towards his look, and viola. :3 (Sheath is gone in game. Pictures with it are before I removed it)

Time for the photo shoot.

Boring blabbering somewhat about who Wave is and stuff here. Skip if you aren't interested. XD

Now then, as a few of you know, Wave (Well, the name you people know him by anyway) is, rather than a persona, is the first and main character out of many others I've had for over a decade now from a story I've been making since known as "The Chronicles of the Twilight". No, there aren't any sparkling wusses in this, this was started long before they appeared. ¦D

While this also has nothing to do with Zelda, he does in fact come from a closed off realm known as "The Realm of Twilight", which he is the "titled" king of.

But going away from that, during side-stories, Wave tends to get bored and wanders off into other worlds to go adventuring, help some people, cause some chaos, or simply relieve himself of his current state of boredom. With that in mind, I've wanted to bring him into Brawl for a long time in order to do just that. It's actually the main reason I got into Brawl Hacking in the first place, so with it now done, I'm quite happy and satisfied. :3

But enough rambling. Enjoy. Anyone (Pfft, right.) interested in hearing more about Wave's story, mainly just the general gist of it, be sure to let me know privately. If you want to hear the whole thing though, I hope you have a lot of time on your hands that day, as that's gonna be about 13 years of story to tell from when it started up to now. And it's a very confusing story at times. XD;

But yeah, enjoy. :3

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=13412&Moderated=All

I'll say this outside the spoiler though.

I have him named "Wave Kusanagi" solely for the convenience of everyone who knows me by that name. While it is one of his nicknames, Wave's name isn't ACTUALLY "Wave". Just so no one gets confused about that if I call him by another name. ¦D

Direct download link for when KC:MM is down: http://www.mediafire.com/?rkk80rshdq5hsq8

Top Bottom