• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Looks great! I love how versatile Marth can be if you can be bothered editing every bit of him (I certainly can't).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Wow that Wave looks awesome! I am so downloading this. ;)

Yeah Marth is extremely versatile and fun to hack. I'm pretty confident that any humanoid character could actually work on him. I especially love how Marth's hair can be turned into pretty much everything. The only really hard part is his sword handle. That thing always takes 30 something patches to get it exported right.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I looked at editing Marth once, saw how many parts his hair was in, and was like "screw it". I haven't really got that much experience in editing hair yet so, like, no way. Maybe once I get more experience with vertex hacking in general I'll attempt to make one of my original characters on Marth (if I can get his arms to be asymmetrical anyway)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And thus here I am with another new mergification, after about a month without one. And for some reason it took all day to finish up, it was a lot more tedious than I would've liked for it to be. x_x

This time it's the Dawn Knight again, but instead of Xander, it's Cloud as the Dawn Knight! :3

This was made by merging Akari_Un's original Dawn Knight texture with the hair, upper and lower torso from BeyondYou's KH Cloud v2, the boots, shoulderpad and strap from Aafyre's Vanguard Ike, and my original vertex of the Dawn Knight sword, which has been lengthened to match Cloud standards. ¦D

Also, the following swords by Beyond were included as extra,

The Crisis Core Buster Sword, which actually fits him better than the Dawn Knight sword o.o

The Kingdom Hearts Buster Sword, which matches well with all the white

And Ultima Weapon that...just makes everything look good ¦D

And that's another little side project over and done with. For those who like the results, you're more than welcome to use it. :3

Thanks again to Beyond, Fyre and Akari for the original stuff. Couldn't have done it without ya. =D

Enjoy folks. :3

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=13454

http://www.mediafire.com/?hzpqor3facn9el9

Direct link in case KC:MM crashes. >_>​

Photos

Smash Journeyman
could someone tell me where i could get a .dae plugin for 3gs max 2010? because i'm striking out everywhere i look. including the request thread.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
hey, quick question... do you guys know how to put hacks onto vBrawl without hacking the wii? I know I could with Balanced Brawl by using the files on an SD card without having to put homebrew on the wii, so is there a similar version for just vBrawl? how can I set that up?

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
My game (launched using gecko) keeps freezing every time I get to the stage select screen. How do I fix it?

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Turns out it was Smash Stack

Also, how do I download the rar files to the SD card, do I do anything to it?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Turns out it was Smash Stack

Also, how do I download the rar files to the SD card, do I do anything to it?
You have to unpack the RAR files into appropriate folders. (I recommend 7-Zip do do so, as it's freeware.) Stages go in pf/stage/melee, characters go in pf/fighter/*character name*, et cetera, et cetera.

GLICH

Smash Cadet
So like... I'm trying to mix texture hacks with Brawl minus. My friend said not to do it because it'll mess it up, but I want to know if it's alright to. I've tried it and it freezes almost a lot. I've tried it without any texture hacks, just Brawl - and it still freezes every now and then.
What do I do?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
So like... I'm trying to mix texture hacks with Brawl minus. My friend said not to do it because it'll mess it up, but I want to know if it's alright to. I've tried it and it freezes almost a lot. I've tried it without any texture hacks, just Brawl - and it still freezes every now and then.
What do I do?
First of all I don't think this is the right thread, but I'll try to help. When excatly does the freezing occur? Only on certain costumes/stages?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Check if you have any stages in the st folder. If you do, delete them to make sure you don't have the smash stack stage in there. Textures work just fine with Brawl minus, trust me I use B- and textures and I have no issues.

@Red, if it is a motionetc file for Ike, rename it to be FitIkeMotionEtc.pac

GLICH

Smash Cadet
The only thing I have in the st folder is "st_080805_0933" it's some bin file. I don't know what it is. Is it supposed to be there?

The only thing I have in the st folder is "st_080805_0933" it's some bin file. I don't know what it is. Is it supposed to be there?

And where do you put the motionetc.pac? I really would like to know, please. :)

First of all I don't think this is the right thread, but I'll try to help. When excatly does the freezing occur? Only on certain costumes/stages?
Can you give me the right thread, please?

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Okay, I have an issue. I have followed all the instructions in the OP, all the character textures and PSI's are working fine (I'm not using the codes from the OP though, I'm using the prepacked versions of brawl+ found here), but all my stage textures are bugging out. They eitehr freeze the game upon loading or after some time in a match. I've tried a lot of different stage textures (from Brawl Vault all of them) so I highly doubt it's a problem with all the textures I've used. I'm sorry if the question has laready been answered here, but well, it's 130 pages. If anyones has any insight as to what the problem might be and how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm using PAL.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Can't be fixed easily, unfortunately. I've rarely gotten a stage working in PAL and none of the people who make them seem to care, or know why for that matter.

Which reminds me, Mewtwo2k's new versions of Fourside don't work in PAL anymore, but it used to.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Is there something about Yoshis Island Brawl and Smashville that make them harder to put textures on?

I have a texture on FD and one on Halberd that work perfectly fine but the ones that I try to put on those 2 freeze my wii every single time. Ive tried something like 3 different textures on each stage, going through the process word for word. Can somebody help me out?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

that doesnt help me.

Im kinda computer illiterate...

you know what just forget it, Id probably need somebody to walk me through the entire thing over aim or something ... not worth it...

MDJA109

Smash Cadet
Why aren't my stage textures working? It just freezes when I select the stage. They're PAC files and i renamed it to pcs but I don't really know what I'm doing. Anyone know what the problem might be?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah, don't do that and you won't have a problem. Leave them as PAC. Renaming PAC to PCS just screws things up, and stages don't use PCS either.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Can you link me to the stage from brawlvault or whatever site you are getting it from? Maybe the stage file size is too large and causes it to crash. Also, are you PAL? That may have an issue with some stages.

Top Bottom