• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Power Rankings: Finally Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, yeah, I always spend a while editing my post before I decide on how I want it, how I think it conveys my ideas best.

I'm calling you out though too :) Are you going to be able to make the Magnolia touranment? Come on Drewww, come on...

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
And you would be one to talk about running away and luering? All I've ever seen you do is run away and spam most of your matches against kirbykid.....
What!? I almost never run away from him. my whole game is always approaching him. then he gets to close to the edge just the way he wants. Ohhhhh noooo. no sir. He, on the way, back airs like crazy. My counterpicks are fd and any flat stage. his always consist of platforms. makes for a better evasion (running away). Thats ALL he did at evo anywho.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
What!? I almost never run away from him. my whole game is always approaching him. then he gets to close to the edge just the way he wants. Ohhhhh noooo. no sir. He, on the way, back airs like crazy. My counterpicks are fd and any flat stage. his always consist of platforms. makes for a better evasion (running away). Thats ALL he did at evo anywho.
Well, to be fair, FD is just not a fair stage for Kirby. Not because Kirby can't run away, but because since Kirby has absolutely zero horizontal and vertical speed, he can't use platforms to speed up his movement to approach. He certain can rarely beat any peach player that throws lots of turnips cuz he can't do much against it. Let's be honest here, Kirby isn't gonna run away from Fox/Falco/Falcon/Sheik/Marth on any stage.

K1T3

Smash Lord
If FD is just not fair for kirby I think that maybe he'd be banning it, at least against a peach. And I don't know how anyone could say that Smiles just runs away and spams. He is the least campy peach I've ever seen. All he does is attack and stay in your face just playing really aggressive. The times I have seen him play defensive he's still right next to you just a safe enough distance to bait an attack and capitalize. But I didn't see the matches so I don't know but I'd be really suprised to ever see him run away and just spam turnips.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm not saying smiles camps. I'm just saying that a Peach can do whatever he wants since a full jump turnip throw into a float cancel aerial pretty much shuts off everything kirby can do on FD since there are no platforms to jump onto, and it gets even harder when the Peach player throws more turnips than usual which makes the aerials even harder to predict. What makes it even harder is that Kirby's air game gets shut down by the aerial priority queen in Peach with only bairs as a decent option.

And apparently, level striking wasn't allowed in some of the tournies they were at? Iono, that's what KirbyKid said.

Mr.C

Smash Master
rules say youre not allowed to strike random stages any ways. So it would be impossible to ban FD. Unless the tourney had some wack ruleset.

TGM

Smash Lord
rules say youre not allowed to strike random stages any ways. So it would be impossible to ban FD. Unless the tourney had some wack ruleset.
i wish they would remove FD and put Onett in its place.

Xelic

Smash Ace
Smiles camping?

Uhm, when Kirby goes to the edge, you HAVE to camp. Why the hell would you just walk up to him and try to attack unless you wanted to lose a stock regardless of %? That's stupid. Hell, when I fought Kirby Kid at DaBR3, as soon as he ran to the edge, I sat in place and pulled turnips all over his ***, because I can outcamp him. You get what you give, you know?

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I don't care that or if you camp really because that's completely understandable. Everyone does it at one point or another. What bugs me is you complaining about how kirbykid plays because you do the same thing to him. Oh all he did was run to the edge and try to luer me there, well what did you do when he did that? If you are doing what you've agreed with xelic saying then you are standing far away throwing turnips, and what is that? Right, running to a place where you're at an advantage and "luering" him to you by throwing projectiles. The same strategy you were just complaining about.

The reason he picks levels with platforms is easy, and is definitely not to run away. He picks them because, in addition to what Chang has explained, the platforms also give him another option when in this semi-stalemate of run to your place of advantage and luer strategy. I say semi because kirby will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to projectiles since he doesn't have any. Anyway, these platforms give him the ability to atleast have some way to avoid the projectiles and come to you and once again try to get you to the edge, his point of advantage. I mean you already know this Smiles you even said it yourself, though it was accompanied by the unnecessary (running away) comment.

Smash Apprentice
i like choclate milk better then normal milk i mean its sweeter and sometimes the taste gets to your throat after a while but normal is kinda bland when compared ? huh what this has nothing to do with the power rankings? o wait neither does smiles vs kirby kid lol

Mr.C

Smash Master
im sure on fd and someone is being spammed with projectiles you can just get on the edge and keep your invincible frames.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
yea, this is silly.

smiles and kirbykid are both very good players.

and I'm pretty sure neither of you really have anything against each other

this whole "fight" started with a misunderstanding.

so whatdya say we end it? :)

Jake13

Smash Lord
Soy chocolate milk ***** regular dairy chocolate milk because you don't get that "I'm drinking concentrated fat" feeling. Chocolate milk in general sucks. Regular milk owns, it's sleek and tasty (skim), though it can get gross by itself.
All in all, milk with cereal is the best. Though cheerios and orange juice is surprisingly amazing.

Pwnt. GG SOS

Smash Apprentice
Soy chocolate milk ***** regular dairy chocolate milk because you don't get that "I'm drinking concentrated fat" feeling. Chocolate milk in general sucks. Regular milk owns, it's sleek and tasty (skim), though it can get gross by itself.
All in all, milk with cereal is the best. Though cheerios and orange juice is surprisingly amazing.

Pwnt. GG SOS
:( lol..........:(

Jake13

Smash Lord
chocolate milk has blood in it, caused by overuse of a cow's udders.
Actually, milk has pus in it, not blood. The cows are milked by machines that have one udder in each "claw", and these "claws" are constantly moving up and down to extract milk when the "farmers" decide it's milking time. The constant movement forms blisters on the cows udders because of the constant udder-irritation. These blisters are not noticed and are not given time to heal properly because that would waste the "farmers" money, so the cow is continuously milked and the blisters pop, pouring the pus into the milk. I'm sure after a long enough time the cow's blood could enter the milk through more irritation, but that's more noticeable than milk-coloured pus. Also, chocolate milk doesn't come from chocolate cows, so how would chocolate milk have blood and not regular milk? Because it's dark and the blood is overwhelmed by the brown colour? It's white first, someone would notice.

Vegan friends rawk, don't they?

/rant for the day.

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
I don't care that or if you camp really because that's completely understandable. Everyone does it at one point or another. What bugs me is you complaining about how kirbykid plays because you do the same thing to him. Oh all he did was run to the edge and try to luer me there, well what did you do when he did that? If you are doing what you've agreed with xelic saying then you are standing far away throwing turnips, and what is that? Right, running to a place where you're at an advantage and "luering" him to you by throwing projectiles. The same strategy you were just complaining about.

The reason he picks levels with platforms is easy, and is definitely not to run away. He picks them because, in addition to what Chang has explained, the platforms also give him another option when in this semi-stalemate of run to your place of advantage and luer strategy. I say semi because kirby will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to projectiles since he doesn't have any. Anyway, these platforms give him the ability to atleast have some way to avoid the projectiles and come to you and once again try to get you to the edge, his point of advantage. I mean you already know this Smiles you even said it yourself, though it was accompanied by the unnecessary (running away) comment.
Wasnt complaining first of all. Second he starts it. Counter tactics sir. I know thats kirbys dissadvantage. Twas why I did it.

Xelic: I hope not. I love pus.
almost threw up. lol

jebushatesu

Smash Rookie
Actually, milk has pus in it, not blood. The cows are milked by machines that have one udder in each "claw", and these "claws" are constantly moving up and down to extract milk when the "farmers" decide it's milking time. The constant movement forms blisters on the cows udders because of the constant udder-irritation. These blisters are not noticed and are not given time to heal properly because that would waste the "farmers" money, so the cow is continuously milked and the blisters pop, pouring the pus into the milk. I'm sure after a long enough time the cow's blood could enter the milk through more irritation, but that's more noticeable than milk-coloured pus. Also, chocolate milk doesn't come from chocolate cows, so how would chocolate milk have blood and not regular milk? Because it's dark and the blood is overwhelmed by the brown colour? It's white first, someone would notice.

Vegan friends rawk, don't they?

/rant for the day.

You wouldn't notice the blood/pus that much if you shake up the bottle like the commercials suggest, eh? I see it as a step-by-step process:

Milk cows until they get pus-filled blisters, etc.

Afterwards, keep on milking, but switch over to Chocolate/Strawberry-flavored milk. Crank out a few commercials that say "shake stuff up," and ya can't tell all that well :D

Jake13

Smash Lord
After seeing blood in milk, I have realized that yes, yes you would notice it whether shaken or not.

As for chocolate or strawberry: it does not come out that color in the "farms", so it would be noticeable to "farmers". They would be kind enough to not use that milk... I hope.

Also: I shake everything before I drink it. Ever.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wtf, lol? Is this what other states talk about in their threads? I thought the Az conversations were weird and off topic, lol.

PS: We have Wobbles, and we're not giving him back!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You know, I think I like mindless bickering better than this. So if anyone wants to start 'er up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom