• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Power Rankings: Finally Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.C

Smash Master
yes that is also a problem

but how many tournaments do you see drew or chang at?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
They attended DaBR3 and, EVO South, and Drew was also at TGM's Houston tournament. So pretty much the past 3 large Texas tournaments. It was at the Houston one that Drew became the first non-Peach Texan to take a set from Wobbles. Drew and Chang both beat DoH consistently with only a couple exceptions since I joined the Dallas scene. Also DoH (as far as I know) has beaten Smiles in every set they've played since the first JoeMichael tournament.

The problem with KKK is that he's extremely inconsistent. He will beat Smiles and Rob$ and (practically) SOS, then 5 minutes lose to unknown Dallas players like Swift, Rage, and Bluezaft. It's difficult to place him and if you had to, it wouldn't be top 10, probably somewhere just under.

I don't know much about Zulu except that he hasn't done much lately and his Marth recently lost to JF, if that means anything.

Velox

Smash Ace
So all you guys look at is tournament placings when making a list?

I could probably write a computer program that could do that, given the various tournament data. Why do we need panelist?

Smash Apprentice
They attended DaBR3 and, EVO South, and Drew was also at TGM's Houston tournament. So pretty much the past 3 large Texas tournaments. It was at the Houston one that Drew became the first non-Peach Texan to take a set from Wobbles. Drew and Chang both beat DoH consistently with only a couple exceptions since I joined the Dallas scene. Also DoH (as far as I know) has beaten Smiles in every set they've played since the first JoeMichael tournament.

The problem with KKK is that he's extremely inconsistent. He will beat Smiles and Rob$ and (practically) SOS, then 5 minutes lose to unknown Dallas players like Swift, Rage, and Bluezaft. It's difficult to place him and if you had to, it wouldn't be top 10, probably somewhere just under.

I don't know much about Zulu except that he hasn't done much lately and his Marth recently lost to JF, if that means anything.
KKK has never sent me to the loser bracket or eliminated me in a tourney ever. so i dont understand why you put my name there. but anywayz as far as the rankings go i called god u p again and he said the REAL list was

1st sex
2ndFLT
3rddr.pepper
4th fudruckers
5thsos
6th mr.c (in terms of sexiness)
7th mr.c (in terms of smash skillz)
8thfear (in terms of his mad wow skillzzzz)
9th kkk just becuz he mains kirby
10th to tgm because for some reason i have more respect for him then any peach player :p

K1T3

Smash Lord
KKK has never sent me to the loser bracket or eliminated me in a tourney ever. so i dont understand why you put my name there. but anywayz as far as the rankings go i called god u p again and he said the REAL list was

1st sex
2ndFLT
3rddr.pepper
4th fudruckers
5thsos
6th mr.c (in terms of sexiness)
7th mr.c (in terms of smash skillz)
8thfear (in terms of his mad wow skillzzzz)
9th kkk just becuz he mains kirby
10th to tgm because for some reason i have more respect for him then any peach player :p
Ohh Ohh! I can answer this one. It could be cause he thinks that playing smart and playing to win when money is on the line is a cheap thing to do and that it is morally wrong and thus thinks the other player deserved the win. Some people could think this is simply a scrub mindset but we all know that we have evoloved past that sort of thing and that he just thinks that those matchs between SOS and KKK at that one Bluefork were close matches and he was just giving respect to KKK for doing that well against SOS even if he couldn't pull out the win because SOS was smart and used a quicker character out of his multitude of characters against the single slower character without a decent projectile that KKK used.
<3

KKK is an awesome player and should be considered for the list as I'm sure he is. MrC is also awesome and modest for not putting himself on the list even though he owns. SOS for top 3, Fear is too good. GG

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
LOLOL JF why are you so incredibly lame? Look at JF's interview for midnight gaming lolol:

"What is your greatest gaming accomplishment? beating Wes (2nd Austin Smash winner)...only because he's the State champ for Smash" -JF

orly???? more like ur full of **** lolol. quit lying jf, thx. u've never beaten him in tournament, and yes that's exactly what you imply when you say "i beat so and so".

congrats jf...

leprechaun

Smash Ace
LOLOL JF why are you so incredibly lame? Look at JF's interview for midnight gaming lolol:

"What is your greatest gaming accomplishment? beating Wes (2nd Austin Smash winner)...only because he's the State champ for Smash" -JF

orly???? more like ur full of **** lolol. quit lying jf, thx. u've never beaten him in tournament, and yes that's exactly what you imply when you say "i beat so and so".

congrats jf...

booo hooo wana fight about it.........

who bashes on people now days?!?!? well yeah i guess this guy since he has nothing better to do huh

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, don't speak before you know the whole story. MGC misquoted me. I specifically said "whenever I beat Wes in friendlies." I also never said "only because he's the state champ for smash." That is something they added in. Wes knows this, and I don't think anyone else thinks what MGC put down is what I really said. So you're once again speaking out of your *** about things of which you know nothing.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Edit: Yes, this does mean I think beating Wes in a friendly is more of an accomplishment than beating Rob$ in a tournament match.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Realizzle is on a creative streak this week. It's always good to turn these things into fun projects.

Well here's the thing about friendlies: they're pretty much just for fun...for MOST people. Sometimes people try their hardest as a way to "train" I suppose, and sometimes people just play around. Bragging about winning friendlies, however you value it and however great the accomplishment may be...it just sounds bad. And it most likely irritates the person in question. Even if it doesn't bother Wes or whoever else, it also irritates the rest of us. That's just how most people view friendlies.

EXAMPLE OF WHY IT'S SILLY TO JUDGE BASED ON FRIENDLIES: So I heard that in a friendly you beat DoH using Fox. You then (if my sources are accurate) told other people that DoH is bad against Fox. It's likely that this is the reason you challenged SOS to a MM Peach vs. Fox, though of course that's just guessing. Then at the Betty tournament, I let your Fox beat my Marth because I knew how much value you place in friendlies, hoping that if I met you in the tournament you'd go Fox against me. Unfortunately for me we didn't meet in tournament so I'm pretty confident that you later went around telling people that I suck or whatnot. And that is one of the many reasons why it's inappropriate to take pride in winning friendlies.

That's one way to say what I'm trying to say. Here's another:

It kind of annoys people when you brag about winning friendlies, regardless of whom it was against. Sorry, but that's the culture.

~fin~

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
bluezaft said it PERFECTLY.

It's likely that this is the reason you challenged SOS to a MM Peach vs. Fox, though of course that's just guessing.
that's prolly 1 reason. jf also thought sos sucked vs fox using peach lolol. y? because he took a friendly match between sos and emerican seriously LOL. he's like "this emerican guy isn't good if sos plays like this he's going down"

ok cmon now JF...why would you even bother to posit "oh if sos plays like this he's getting owned" why on earth WOULD he play in tournament like he plays in friendlies? the only way that's occurring is if friendlies actually matter, and they don't ,which is precisely the point you don't get, jf.

Edit: Yes, this does mean I think beating Wes in a friendly is more of an accomplishment than beating Rob$ in a tournament match.
sorry but that's just sad. u value friendlies so much that u find it more of an accomplishment to beat someone in a friendly match than in a tourney match. that's just screaming that you think friendlies are on the same level.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Wow, both of you completely missed my point. But you know what, I don't give a **** what you think. (well, I do to bluezaft because he has never been disrespectful to me. Realizzle on the other hand does not deserve any sort of respect from me.)

And because I do have respect for you bluezaft, I would like to talk to you about this matter on AIM or in PMs because I feel you are mistaken in several of your points. I do not fault you for making them because they seem logical based on the statments you made, it's just that not all of those statements are accurate. Also, I will go Fox against you next time we play in tournament. I happen to like Fox vs Marth.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I believe the main point is that when you beat someone is friendlies, it's not too big of a deal since you have like.. infinite shots at winning. A lot of players have beaten Wes in friendlies if for only once out of like 1000 tries. I've beaten Wes MAYBE 1 out of 5 friendly matches (and that's being pretty generous to me). And I can tell when he's just trying stuff out and seeing what works and not during a friendly match. So I don't really feel a sense of accomplishment if I just beat Wes in a friendly match.

I would personally take a victory over Rob$ during a tourney match as a greater accomplishment since it's more legitimate and you don't have several tries to defeat him. It's like.. beating a boss on your first try as opposed to trying 10 times then finally beating him.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
Wow, both of you completely missed my point.
Just...no.

I like how JF never addresses any of the complaints against him. it's always "i hate you so i'm not going to listen lalalalalalalala i can't hear (read) you" -JF

I would like to talk to you about this matter on AIM or in PMs because I feel you are mistaken in several of your points.
I would like to let everyone know that this is jf's classic cop out method, lamely crying "oh you were wrong but you're such a nice guy :) :) :) but you were wrong"

bluezaft made one assumption and even admitted he was just guessing: "You then (if my sources are accurate) told other people that DoH is bad against Fox. It's likely that this is the reason you challenged SOS to a MM Peach vs. Fox, though of course that's just guessing."

so there's nothing wrong there.

and this: "Unfortunately for me we didn't meet in tournament so I'm pretty confident that you later went around telling people that I suck or whatnot" is not meant to be taken literally. it's called sarcasm.

you treated sos in a similar way "oh if sos plays like this he's going to lose. oh wow sos's di is so bad"

but really, i'll end it at that. i mean, i can already predict the future and see your "brilliant" post. "oh it's realizzle i'm not going to listen to him because i know he's right deep down but i wont admit it lalalalalalala i can't see!!!"-JF's future post

After all, you did just that with my previous post where I pointed out the errors of your ways.

Smash Apprentice
Just...no.

I like how JF never addresses any of the complaints against him. it's always "i hate you so i'm not going to listen lalalalalalalala i can't hear (read) you" -JF

I would like to let everyone know that this is jf's classic cop out method, lamely crying "oh you were wrong but you're such a nice guy :) :) :) but you were wrong"

bluezaft made one assumption and even admitted he was just guessing: "You then (if my sources are accurate) told other people that DoH is bad against Fox. It's likely that this is the reason you challenged SOS to a MM Peach vs. Fox, though of course that's just guessing."

and this: "Unfortunately for me we didn't meet in tournament so I'm pretty confident that you later went around telling people that I suck or whatnot" is not meant to be taken literally. it's called sarcasm.

you treated sos in a similar way "oh if sos plays like this he's going to lose. oh wow sos's di is so bad"

but really, i'll end it at that. i mean, i can already predict the future and see your "brilliant" post. "oh it's realizzle i'm not going to listen to him because i know he's right deep down but i wont admit it lalalalalalala i can't see!!!"-JF's future post

After all, you did just that with my previous post where I pointed out the errors of your ways.
i have bad di??? **** i always thought i had good di :(

Mr.C

Smash Master
Just...no.

hi jf has beat rob$, me and zulu in tourney more then you ever have done ever in the day of everness by thy beard of abe lincoln getting this **** rhastafarias style
and people complaining that jf is proud of beating flt in a friendly your a skankass....if im not mistaken wes is the best in texas and one of the "better" players in the usa. In my eyes beating him is an accomplishment
quit acting like jf is the only one who is "bragging" about friendlies...because everyone does or has done it. id also like to point out that ssbm is a game...so quit acting like a ***** named hitler.

If Jf is bragging about his wins over blah blah blah who cares? why does everyone have to complain? just ignore it lol

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
id also like to point out that ssbm is a game...so quit acting like a ***** named hitler.

If Jf is bragging about his wins over blah blah blah who cares? why does everyone have to complain? just ignore it lol
true true and true, so much polemic around this game makes it, good.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
i have bad di??? **** i always thought i had good di
hey man don't question me. jesusfreak is the one who said you had bad di in your match vs emerican.

hi jf has beat rob$, me and zulu in tourney more then you ever have done ever in the day of everness by thy beard of abe lincoln getting this **** rhastafarias style
hi, you have a small *****. see what i did there? i said something that's completely irrelevant to the subject, even if it is true.

i like how i never said i was better than jf yet you feel the need to give me his track record. great job. terrific, jf is better than me. someone give captain obvious a cookie.

Mr.C

Smash Master
hey man don't question me. jesusfreak is the one who said you had bad di in your match vs emerican.

hi, you have a small *****. see what i did there? i said something that's completely irrelevant to the subject, even if it is true.

i like how i never said i was better than jf yet you feel the need to give me his track record. great job. terrific, jf is better than me. someone give captain obvious a cookie.
i actually have a average sized ***** but im a pimp so its ok.

my point is quit *****ing about jf thnx peace <3

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
hey savethequeen. stfu kthx bye. :) :) :)

i suppose they did an rr or something and smiles didn't make the cut. dont know if he wouldve made a difference anyhow.

forkgirl

Smash Lord

1st sex
2ndFLT
3rddr.pepper
I take credit for dr pepper being on your list :D :chuckle: :laugh::p

Also,realizzle, why are you attacking JF? I dont see any reason for all this flaming.

and the whole smiles/south team issue is a really touchy subject. He's really mad.

Xelic

Smash Ace
Let's talk about South Team vs. East Coast. Drama galore.

Anyway, I totally pwned. Chu was all, "I got this." and I was like, "No, I do."

Then Chillin was like, "I played Xelic in teams and I know that he's easy PLUS I can counterpick to a stage with NO ceiling or sides and laser camp him with obstacles in the way so he can never even touch me." and I was like, "Did I just take 3 of your stock with my 3? I think so."

GG.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Maybe because Smiles beat DOH at the Betty Tournament? >.>
Why are you always ill-informed? The last time I lost to smiles was like in 2005 at WTYM1.

And I wanted to put smiles in vs west coast, but apparently forward threw a hissy fit and they didn't have one or something. In retrospect I probably should have put him in instead of myself or XiF vs East Coast, but it probably wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Anyways, I suck in crews. Or maybe it was just the fact that it was crews at 9 am x.x

But I'm awful at crews.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Good **** Xelic, you inspire me to play peach =)
No Smiles in crews made me sad. I would say put in instead of Col Bol or sent him in to finish Darkrain.

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
Ok I still should have been in the south team. Im better than more than half the people on the list, and even though you have like a few small tourney wins, I can still do better than you doh. Seriously MM me, you'll see. Look, caveman was even out asleep and even though you PROMISED me the night before you still didnt put me in as the first alternate on your little list. He lost all of his stock against him and the day before I was able to keep up and do really well against M2K. Dude you really upset me. What was your real reasoning for it?

Mouf_From_Da_Souf

Smash Journeyman
sup guyz im just lettin yall know i think yall mispelled my name itz M.O.U.F. not F.A.S.T.L.I.K.E.T.R.E.E. i mean those keyz arent even anywhere near eachother plus u typed 3 timez tha letterz u needed to in order to spell my name, but i forgive u just change it as soon as possible plz

Mr.C

Smash Master
lols i was wondering why a few of those people were on crews and smiles wasnt

but then again everyone in texas was like ?_?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom