• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might! [[UPDATED!]] Saturday October 25, Cleveland Ohio

4% APR

Smash Champion
I really really doubt we could fit any type of crews in to this, and if we did have time for crews, then we should have a doubles tourney instead

FlipX

Smash Ace
Depends how many crews there are, and that depends on the # of melee players, and that I do not know. But Crews>Teams imo.

soap

Smash Hero
ya, im sick of playing 4% + X in teams, they are 2good together, but mostly im just sick of doing just singles and doubles then everyone time johns out of doing something cool like low tier crews, im just gonna have to start playing ness in regular singles if i ever wanna use him

4% APR

Smash Champion
Well, it's not my tournament, if more people want crews, and there seems to be time, then let's just do that. I'd help run whatever you needed. Team CF is gonna ****

Apples

Smash Apprentice
If David is willing to help and time permits I will host a melee draft crew tourny. 5 or 10 entree per crew? it's for you guys so you tell me the price.

However don't get your hopes up, we're already cramping for time so unless I run this near **** perfect we'll be cutting it too close.
Joe, I'm willing to help out with anything too. Really, I'm coming for melee. So while the Brawl tourneys are going down, I'll probably just be chillin and talking. So, I wouldn't mind doing that while taking care of brackets or managing a bit, making sure people are playing their matches. Actually I'd really like to, I'm not a person who can rest easy when there's something that needs done. So I'm willing to do whatever can be done to speed things up and fit in as many games as we can.

I know we have Lauren too, but I figure the more people the better. Plus, she's a girl...:laugh:

:033::023::013::043:

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, there's a new melee tier list:

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0
Ice Climbers 7.9

Middle
Samus 6.8
Dr. Mario 6.2
Ganondorf 6.0
Luigi 5.8
Donkey Kong 5.4
Mario 5.3

Low
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Bottom
Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5
Pichu 1.2

So no more Luigi or DK in low tiers. I hated playing them anyway. Now Pika is high tier for low tiers! YAY! Pika all the way. I've done better against some people with pika than I have done with marth, so I'd totally be down for low tier crews.

while the Brawl tourneys are going down, I'll probably just be chillin and talking.
Come on, you should be schooling me at melee during the Brawl tourney. Please?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Bad news. 2-3 of my guys can't come. (My friends have the bad habit of over schedualing >:( ) Only two others now. can come for sure. We might get another guy, but at this rate, we might not come since all of my friends can't come due to their *%#$

Slither

Smash Rookie
I am still def. attending this. If the date changes, could someone message me (AIM) at
GI von carstien? Thanks, I forget to check the forums regularly and frequently miss tourneys because of date changes.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Joe, I'm willing to help out with anything too. Really, I'm coming for melee. So while the Brawl tourneys are going down, I'll probably just be chillin and talking. So, I wouldn't mind doing that while taking care of brackets or managing a bit, making sure people are playing their matches. Actually I'd really like to, I'm not a person who can rest easy when there's something that needs done. So I'm willing to do whatever can be done to speed things up and fit in as many games as we can.

I know we have Lauren too, but I figure the more people the better. Plus, she's a girl...:laugh:

:033::023::013::043:
seriously i'm going to need it, plan on being used because this is going to be chaotic with so many people.

is this a MWC?
no. it's better.

Bad news. 2-3 of my guys can't come. (My friends have the bad habit of over schedualing >:( ) Only two others now. can come for sure. We might get another guy, but at this rate, we might not come since all of my friends can't come due to their *%#$
ghey. bring more anyways.

I am still def. attending this. If the date changes, could someone message me (AIM) at
GI von carstien? Thanks, I forget to check the forums regularly and frequently miss tourneys because of date changes.
it's set in stone, unless the venue explodes, implodes, or we get a foot of a snow on the day of the tournament we're not canceling.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
no miscommunication. I'm just emphasizing the fact that this is definitely going to happen.

It better.

Ohio's tournament reliability has already been tarnished enough :(

lol @ soap

nojoes

Smash Ace
no miscommunication. I'm just emphasizing the fact that this is definitely going to happen.

It better.

lol @ soap
I agree, **** Chesterland ='[

This tournament WILL happen.

no matter what.

and as far as all our OoSers

where are you guys planning on getting housing, none of you have really PMed me and I can't just bring you back to my house out of nowhere, so I suggest you start PMing me right now, plan on driving back, or have a place to crash, I'll work with you guys to find housing but you need to let me know asap.

soap

Smash Hero
clevelands got some nice overpasses and such, i could hook u up with a nice flaming barrel to keep warm.

I think im coming now, could u refresh me with the final schedule of events?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hey nojoes, since I'll be coming just a lil past Melee, I can help with anything you need until brawl starts like getting matches organized etc.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I hate to say this, but neither me or my crew can come now, and I can't bring the gamecube (obviously.)
I'm really sorry, cause I didn't want to say no. But I can't go, because we can't schedual a ride due to those idiots other plans. Sorry guys...

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice

V is the reason that ^ happens

I hate to say this, but neither me or my crew can come now, and I can't bring the gamecube (obviously.)
I'm really sorry, cause I didn't want to say no. But I can't go, because we can't schedual a ride due to those idiots other plans. Sorry guys...

nojoes

Smash Ace
clevelands got some nice overpasses and such, i could hook u up with a nice flaming barrel to keep warm.

I think im coming now, could u refresh me with the final schedule of events?
Check out the main post, it's tentative but i'll try to keep things running as smoothly as possible, if you are coming only for melee singles give my your number and i'll call everyone when brawl singles are ending. (Also if you have a bit of a drive let me know so i can accommodate the drive you'll be making with sufficient time)

also i appreciate the flaming barrel, I'd be down with that if it comes down to it.

Hey nojoes, since I'll be coming just a lil past Melee, I can help with anything you need until brawl starts like getting matches organized etc.
Has the schedule always been as it is now and I'm just crazy?
No, I'm the one who ****ed up the reliability. I'll bear it.
help would be much appreciated, just come up to me and introduce yourself and we can roll from there, the schedule changed about a week ago now, (i think?) and i admire the fact you manned up on that. it could happen to the best of us, don't be hard on yourself.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah I just don't want to look like I'm making any excuses for that travesty, things got out of hand and I couldn't take care of business lol.

I'll introduce myself and be down for whatever you need. Odds are I'm going to be wearing my mlg shirt that says Wolfy on the back so I shouldn't be a tough find.

Also, it's not necessary to be done here, but I need to interview two smashers from outside of my crew for my senior project. If you are interested it'll be a quick video, I'd send you questions in advance, and it'd seriously be less than 5 minutes. My senior project I picked was on the legitimacy of competitive gaming, and I need 2 interviews to add to my presentation. If you're down just pm me.

Top Bottom