• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might! [[UPDATED!]] Saturday October 25, Cleveland Ohio

nojoes

Smash Ace
Results:

Singles
1st JoeS (Snake)
2nd Byaa (Metaknight/ (Used Falco in Grand Finals))
3rd Dead (Falco/PT/Lucario)

Teams
1st Hannah Montana Sleepover (Beegs and 4$)
2nd Byaa and Dead
3rd JoeS and JonS

good **** everyone,

we had 30 for brawl singles, 11 brawl teams, and 10 melee singles.

not bad considering an immense majority *****ed out, shoutouts later and look for Nov 22!

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Awesome tourney... I'm glad I was able to make it to this one... I didn't do as good as I had hoped... But seeing as I hadn't played Brawl all summer and was able to go as deep (if not deeper) into these tourneys as I usually do, then I think I'm on the right track... I've been noticing my improvements over the past month, and I know where I need to improve... You'll be seeing me again... :p

nojoes, sorry about my hasty exit... I did say I might not be able to stay... I have other pressing matters to attend to this weekend, and I need all the time I can get... At least I only have two more years of school left... :dizzy:

Bboy, nice to meet ya again! Let me know if ya change your mind about joining the crew... I just wish some of the other guys could have made it... Having Halloween in Kent on the same day as the tourney and the cold going around doesn't help too much... :/

ITT, we need to have some crew battles sometime... Some old-fashioned Kent v Akron rivalry might fuel some more interest in the game...or for tourneys... I'll be in contact with ya...

Wolfy, were you there? :confused:

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
People need to stop running away after brawl, man up
I know. Last few melee tournaments I went to I actually won a set because there were scrubs that entered. Then I look at the bracket this time and realize I have absolutely no chance of beating anyone. :( Now I'm all depressed because I feel like I suck at melee. I need to play someone in a lot of friendlies that can **** me and then give me advice. I played SFG in like 50+ friendlies, lost every time (except for this one where he committed suicide 3 times, but that doesn't really count now does it?). But the thing is, I didn't feel like I was improving, because I kept losing by about the same margin every time, and there wasn't anything I felt like I could focus on improving on. I really need to find a person who's good to play on a regular basis to improve, because it seems like all the best people have done that. SFG lives right next to that one marth player that's good. Then you have all the people from Columbus and Cleveland that play well.

Anyway, nice friendlies everyone who kept consistently ****** me.

The funny thing is, I had the most fun when I was playing 64...

I almost feel like I want to pick up brawl again. Mostly because I'm actually seeing some non-gay strategies doing ok, and I have 3 really good players that live close to me (ithrowthings/byaa/dead). I'll always like melee and 64 more though.

anyway, this tournament was actually on my birthday, I turned 17 :)

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
So this tournament was great..... grats to Joe for the 1st place in singles and to 4% and Beegs for the team matches. It was good to see everyone again. Also if anyone is knows they are going to be in Akron ahead of time or just want to come and play some brawl message me and ill set it up

sKatZ

Smash Apprentice
I know. Last few melee tournaments I went to I actually won a set because there were scrubs that entered. Then I look at the bracket this time and realize I have absolutely no chance of beating anyone. :( Now I'm all depressed because I feel like I suck at melee. I need to play someone in a lot of friendlies that can **** me and then give me advice. I played SFG in like 50+ friendlies, lost every time (except for this one where he committed suicide 3 times, but that doesn't really count now does it?). But the thing is, I didn't feel like I was improving, because I kept losing by about the same margin every time, and there wasn't anything I felt like I could focus on improving on. I really need to find a person who's good to play on a regular basis to improve, because it seems like all the best people have done that. SFG lives right next to that one marth player that's good. Then you have all the people from Columbus and Cleveland that play well.

Anyway, nice friendlies everyone who kept consistently ****** me.

The funny thing is, I had the most fun when I was playing 64...

I almost feel like I want to pick up brawl again. Mostly because I'm actually seeing some non-gay strategies doing ok, and I have 3 really good players that live close to me (ithrowthings/byaa/dead). I'll always like melee and 64 more though.

anyway, this tournament was actually on my birthday, I turned 17 :)
no joes, jus go to more tourneys

I'm pretty sure SFG doesn't have anybody to play with...
so sad

4% APR

Smash Champion
my only shout out is to those guys in the wendy's parking lot who thought i was selling drugs-don't judge a book by it's cover, i hope you guys found some

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
my only shout out is to those guys in the wendy's parking lot who thought i was selling drugs-don't judge a book by it's cover, i hope you guys found some
LOL, not gonna lie though, if I were looking for drugs in a Wendy's parking lot I would think that you were the go to guy.

Shoutouts

Impp - dude, you gotta come to brawl next time good job in melee though.

JoeS - Awesome tourney, very smooth and well run. We really gotta money match or friendlies next time though.

1der - great stuff in teams, by far the most incredible mario I've seen. Team mario and sonic FTW, if you want to do teams again sometimes just PM me or something.

Beegs - we didn't play a single match... We gotta fix that next time.

JonS - WHY DOES THAT HAPPEN EVERY TIME?!?!?! our matches are always extremely intense matches I ever play. Thanks for the MM and friendlies.

slartibartfast - glad you could ride up with us, if you need more brawl practice just PM me if you can head up to akron u some night or something and I'll make sure there's plenty of people and set-ups.

Argent - Looking forward to it, unfortunately for me my "crew" can consist of anywhere from 2 - 10 people depending on what's going on that day but A crew battle would hopefully get some of my friends back in the tourney scene again.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Had lots of fun, I feel like I'm getting better since these tourneys are the only competition I have in Brawl So I play like once a month haha.

ArgentStew - Fun friendlies and good **** in the tourney. Your lucario is just a bit better than mine. I don't really know whats with your Crew so Pm me sometime So we can talk about it.

Ghost and Boba - Had fun with those friendlies made the tourney go incredibly fast after I got knocked out. Also to Ghost I hate you for beating me and I'll beat you next time lol!

Beegs - You were the only person I remembered from last time lol and we only got to play like 1 match. But its all good and hopefully we will play more next time.

ITT - Fun Friendlies, close matches with the sonic.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
Ummm, except I friendlied a guy a bunch of times and afterward he said he got good because he lived next door to SciFiGuy...
Apparently, SFG doesn't count that guy... lol He told me he had no one to play with. And yeah, I thought he played with you Flip. I don't know why he didn't mention you.

Anyway, good tourney.
Good **** David, Joe and Beegs for doing what you do.

1der - I don't know if you've made an account on here but good **** in tourney. I didn't expect that Mario to take me down like that. I had fun playing friendlies too, you're a cool dude. Keep up the good Mario ****!

Joe - Thanks and all that jazz. Love ya (no homo)

Everyone else, I had fun talking and playing friendlies with everyone, especially the fellow Death Note fans =]

Oh and good **** Yuggz N' Such for taking forever getting chignese food.

soap

Smash Hero
i got good cuz i used to play this game like it was crack

o with really good people of course, that helped bunches

FlipX

Smash Ace
Well you used to play with good people. Now you have like kevin and **** haha, gl with that =P. You can tell him I said it.

soap

Smash Hero
ya, but they got me over the hump from nubbiness to decent.

it would be hard to get good at melee nowadays cuz people dont play as much outside of tournies, which are kinda scarce anyways for melee now.

i guess just go to tournies and actually enter, and also do lots of 1 dollar MM's with good people. tourny matches+MM will get u better alot quicker than just friendlies where everybody sandbags.

biggest tip i ever got was WATCH the other character not yourself

My turn for the good old shout outs....

anthony - **** YOU!!! Also, you're welcome for me driving you back and there. >_>. I will do better in singles next time. OK?

Nick / Falco / ??? (Inserted OTHER Name here) - Good job for doing Melee again but man get it together in Brawl. There is always next time also.

Lauren - CRAZYYY trip. Thats all I can really state.

Joe - Good stuff for winning singles...but you need to Marth ditto against me more...

John - NO matchs other than doubles...what a shame

ITT - I know I know. We will have a match soon.

Byaa! - Close once more. For some reason we can t have a match were one of us dominates more than the other.

BBoy - My bad man. Next time I wont play Link against ya. I will do a good match...like Top teir Ike ^_^. I do apologize for not going against you as much as I should. I did like seeing ya there though. Hope you come again man. ^_^

Everyone - GG's and hope to see you once more

P.S - Look for a tournament name of West Salem something soon. I think we are going to be hosting a tournament in two or three weeks. We are having Melee also so please come. We would like to have a 30+ entry. Spread the word now!!!

P.S.S - 400th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I forgot to ask, was there an extra melee disc left over at the end?

Everyone else, I had fun talking and playing friendlies with everyone, especially the fellow Death Note fans =]
Death note is the most awesome show ever! I've read the manga and seen the anime. Saw the first movie, didn't see the second because I thought it was crap, lol.

it would be hard to get good at melee nowadays cuz people dont play as much outside of tournies, which are kinda scarce anyways for melee now.

i guess just go to tournies and actually enter, and also do lots of 1 dollar MM's with good people. tourny matches+MM will get u better alot quicker than just friendlies where everybody sandbags.

biggest tip i ever got was WATCH the other character not yourself
I just got that same tip reading that one thread by MookieRah earlier today... The thing is, I really don't have the money to go around MM'ing people and entering all these tournaments, so I'll have to settle for friendlies. Really, why can't you play well in a friendly? Is it that hard? Do you have trouble focusing intensely on matches for long periods of time or something?

Anyway, I have this one friend who plays about 10 matches with me every friday, but he sucks. And he is the ride I'm depending on for middle of ohio 4, lol.

soap

Smash Hero
playing too many friendlies actually does wear me out, especially those long as **** tournies where u have to go through pools and teams and the whole nine, so in between sets i like to chill pull out the ness or pikachu and do tricks, but i pull out my main if someone wants to play it, u just ask, i ask people better than me to pull out their main all the time.

but matches with something on the line really does bring it out of you. thats how kdj supposedly got so good so fast, he would go to tournaments and money match every single person basically. Though i personally never did too many money matches really (hence why im not amazing yet). I think im gonna start doing a ton more though. pools were sweet cuz ur guaranteed plenty of matches.

death note movies are asss, L doesnt type like that....

ghostgore

Smash Rookie
This tournament was great!
I wish I'd been able to do friendlies with more of you guys.
and BBoy, if I'm able to come to the next one we'll have to do some more friendlies haha lots of fun matches man

4% APR

Smash Champion
This tournament was great!
I wish I'd been able to do friendlies with more of you guys.
and BBoy, if I'm able to come to the next one we'll have to do some more friendlies haha lots of fun matches man
were you the pit player that beat beegs? I kinda wanted to play you.

ghostgore

Smash Rookie
were you the pit player that beat beegs? I kinda wanted to play you.
yea, I had to leave early so I could get home at a decent hour. There were some crazy good people there. I hope to come to the next one, but it's a crazy drive and I would have to find another ride up there. If I do make it I'll try to find you there and we can do some friendlies or money match or something like that =D

nojoes

Smash Ace
hey guys was there an extra melee disc left over at the end?
not that i know of, you should of noticed before you left T_T I'll e-mail the store owners.

yea, I had to leave early so I could get home at a decent hour. There were some crazy good people there. I hope to come to the next one, but it's a crazy drive and I would have to find another ride up there. If I do make it I'll try to find you there and we can do some friendlies or money match or something like that =D
**** IT I WANTED TO PLAY YOU. mm next TYM? =D you better come man.

ghostgore

Smash Rookie
**** IT I WANTED TO PLAY YOU. mm next TYM? =D you better come man.
So, I looked at my football ticket, and I'm not gonna be able to make it to this one..it's happening the day that we play Michigan and that's the one game I don't want to miss =( I sold my Penn State ticket to make it to the last one..

Are any other smash tournaments going on around there at a different time?

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
not that i know of, you should of noticed before you left T_T I'll e-mail the store owners.
Well, someone took melee out of my box and put it in a random melee setup. Unfortunately, I forgot to mark the disc (I had EVERYTHING else marked besides that pretty much). There was absolutely no way to figure out which one was mine, and I had to leave, so I talked to the store owner and he said he'd safekeep the extra melee disc that would probably be found at the end.

Man, that sucks if there wasn't one left over. I didn't take it out of the box, someone else did, that's why I didn't know which setup it was in, and I really didn't feel like making everyone stop and find their own melee disc so I could get the extra, because what if someone else was outside, you know? Anyway, I have ithrowthings's disc for now...

Anyway, I'm not bringing any setups to any more of these tournaments until I get my copy back.

Top Bottom