• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might! [[UPDATED!]] Saturday October 25, Cleveland Ohio

nojoes

Smash Ace
CFLC Presents: TEST YOUR MIGHT!
Note: I put Cleveland as a basic landmark because Mentor-On-The-Lake isn't as identifiable for most people like Cleveland is.

The Venue has held up to 200 in the past and we have no cap on people. It is in a massive plaza with plenty of food in walking distance and with concessions at a decent price within the store as well, you'll be just about set all day. Our last tournament had 8 setups (7 after one broke down after doubles) 23 single entrants and 10 team entrants and that was on a Sunday, with Saturday I'm shooting for even more. There were complaints stated on how all T.V's were not put to use. This is because people that said they would bring Wii's did not. I can NOT materialize Wii's from thin air and YOU guys benefit the more Wii's there are, I want to get 15 set ups or more but I need YOU guys to help me out, So please let me know if you can bring a setup. Any questions or concerns can be shot in a PM to me.

Cold Fusion Gaming Center
http://www.coldfusionlc.com
5905 Andrews Road
Mentor-on-the-lake, OH 44060

Date and Tentative Schedule:

Saturday October 25th

11:00 A.M. Doors Open (more like 10ish) and registration starts at 11:00 A.M.
12:00 P.M. Brawl Doubles PROMPTLY at 12:00 P.M.
4:00 P.M. Brawl Singles will follow, tentatively at 4:00
8:00 P.M. Melee Singles will follow, tentatively at 8:00

Note: The times are all guess work, the actual schedule could be completely different If you want my cell you can PM me throughout the day and ask how things are going and I can give you a more accurate estimate.

P.S. We'll run it as smoothly as possible and if you have a problem let me know and I'll try to take care of you, I may get caught up so if I don't get back to you in 10 minutes and I say I will just walk up to me and remind me. Also I will do registration for brawl doubles and singles at 11:00 A.M, then open melee singles for registration after brawl doubles is over and then close brawl singles registration just before we start it. Hope that wasn't too complicated.

(If you are going to be late call me to register, otherwise you're out of luck. PM for my number)

Price:

$5 venue fee
$10 Brawl singles
$20 Brawl teams ($10 per person)
$10 Melee singles

Prizes:

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Brawl Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Seige
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [feat. Roger, the mercenary support ghost]
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Seige
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens

Melee Rules and Format:

* 4 Stock Double Elimination.

* Sets best of 3 until final which is best of 5.

* Items off.

* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.

* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)

* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.

* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party's well being.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Melee Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:

Pokefloats
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

Attendance:

Goddess/Lauren (Bracket Girl)
Amalie (Bracket Girl)
nojoes
JonS
Alex
Fire Blazer
SFG
Beegs
Thrae_Dastrix
4%
Chase
D. Losch
Dustin
BBoy
BBoy crewmate 1
GhostGore
GhostGore crewmate 1
GhostGore crewmate 2
King Beef
AnthonySmash
Aaryk
Anthm
Wolfy
X
Byaa
Ithrowthings
Ithrowthings crewmate 1
Ithrowthings crewmate 2
ArgentStew
The_Altrox
The_Altrox crewmate 1
The_Altrox crewmate 2
The_Altrox crewmate 3
The_Altrox crewmate 4
FunkDocOH
Impp
sui-jin
King Yoshi
King Yoshi crewmate 1
King Yoshi crewmate 2
RHCPFan1
marknhs116
marknhs116 crewmate 1
marknhs116 crewmate 2

Gibby?
The_Altrox crewmate 5?
Beegs Crewmate 1?
Beegs Crewmate 2?
1der?
Castro?
Tink?
Blood_hawk?
Soap?
Sarah?

Confirmed Set-Ups:

10 36 inch T.V.'s (no HD, no lag) provided by CFLC
4 24 inch T.V.'s provided by CFLC
3 27 inch T.V.'S privded by CFLC
1 12 inch T.V. provided by Slaribartifast?
1 T.V. provided by Wolfy
1 13 inch T.V. provided by Ithrowthings
1 T.V. provided by King Yoshi

3 Wii's provided by CFLC
1 Wii provided by Beegs
1 Wii provided by Thrae_Dastrix
1 Wii provided by SFG
1 Wii provided by BBoy
1 Wii provided by King Yoshi
1 Wii provided by GhostGore
1 Wii provided by CF guys
1 Wii provided Slartibartifast
2 Wiis provided by Wolfy (Needs a copy of brawl)
1(2?) Wii provided by Ithrowthings

1 Gamecube provided by myself using Slartibartifast's melee cd since i lost mine T_T
1 Gamecube provided by CF guys
1 Gamecube provided by Wolfy
1 Gamecube provided by AnthonySmash
1 Gamecube provided by ArgentStew
1 Gamecube provided by FlipX
1 Gamecube provided by The_Altrox
1 Gamecube provided by Ithrowthings

1 Copy and memory card for Melee provided by BBoy

If you have a T.V. or setup you can bring shoot me a PM.

TOTAL SET UP COUNT: (If everyone brings the **** they say they will)

MELEE: 8
BRAWL: 14

TOTAL SYSTEMS: 22

T.V.s: 21

T.V. DEFICIT: 1

Fire Blazer

Smash Cadet
I can provide a GC if I end up coming. You can sign me up as well. The more practice the better.

EDIT: Fate has it I lost my gamecube. >:(

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
blahblahblah i'll be here.
blahblahblah doing brackets.
blahblahblah joe got 2 stocked by my kirby.
blahblahblah i love you.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I'll see if I can make it. I'll have to tell the others... again.
I might be able to make it to the sept. one if I can convince anybody to go on a Sunday

nojoes

Smash Ace
I actually really want to have melee but the most i could really offer would be melee singles, would people come for that?

EDIT: reason being time constraints and possibility of this being a brawl midwest circuit (meaning even more time required for brawl because higher attendance and possibility of pools), future tournaments we would have more time.

nojoes

Smash Ace
unfortunately. I didn't pick the date, it was the only open one at the venue and season's beating is a bit of a drive plus $20 door fee alone, $40 to enter a tournament is not to my liking.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I actually really want to have melee but the most i could really offer would be melee singles, would people come for that?

EDIT: reason being time constraints and possibility of this being a brawl midwest circuit (meaning even more time required for brawl because higher attendance and possibility of pools), future tournaments we would have more time.
I would come two times over for Melee singles sir. *nod*

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'd absolutely love to, we can work out technicalities and such in private, shoot me a pm and we can work it out there.

nojoes

Smash Ace
I really want to have melee singles as well but this may end up being a midwest circuit event, making time even more valuable but i'll definitely be having melee at future tournaments.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Bump due to changes on OP, i still need to update but i need to go, i'll update it all in a couple days.

nojoes

Smash Ace
There were no couches there the picture lies, now that its moved back i week ill most likely be there with a Wii
rofl we move all the couches so we can fit people up there for teams. there are couches around the venue if you want to relax, did you end up coming? I didn't see your name in the entrants?

aquteen

Smash Ace
so theres gonna be melee? cool I'll try to be there and i can bring a melee setup w/ tv. I would bring a wii and brawl but my wii's broke

I guess I'll have to hold my tourney on the 11th or the 1st of november hmmmmmm......

King~

Smash Champion
rofl we move all the couches so we can fit people up there for teams. there are couches around the venue if you want to relax, did you end up coming? I didn't see your name in the entrants?

I was King i coudnt fit the whole thing in, yeah but it still didnt look like that many couches i saw like 3.

Venue is top tier though

nojoes

Smash Ace
I was King i coudnt fit the whole thing in, yeah but it still didnt look like that many couches i saw like 3.

Venue is top tier though
ooooooooh, good **** =P

but there wasn't a ton of room and we just threw things in the back, we'll have things situated so we have some more couches next time.

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'll run the melee if you don't feel like it Joe.
Depends how late it goes but I'll do registration and such, you can co-host with me though, that'd be great and much appreciated. You can be the Grand Pobah of TO'ing. That is officially your new title.

D

Deleted member

People, take into consideration that if you do not bring a set up you will have to sit out much more than if you do take a set up. So it's not like it doesn't affect you, it really does in the long run. If 5 more people bring a set up, then almost everyone can be playing at the same time! (As long as a few are doubles).

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to come to this one, had lots of fun at the first one.. Something may come up with soccer and I may not be able to come..

Hopefully I can come to this though.

Top Bottom