• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
im deffinately callin housing.... i will have about 4 or 5 ppl with me.... mayb HAT can house me????? said he would last time but i didnt go T-T.... i can bring 2 cubes and some extension cords....

btw plairkk we need 2 play again... wont forget what you and chinesah did to me and blackanese at smashacre lol..... i will have my revenge ^_-

Edit: how much is everything gonna b? is it like $40 now since low tiers isnt a part of it?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ok masa ill mark you down.

the price is set at 60, covers all events venue fee food other expenses etc. and psh, u will never get revenge

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
ok masa ill mark you down.

the price is set at 60, covers all events venue fee food other expenses etc. and psh, u will never get revenge
lol okie dokie 60.... lol and yea dude i will... mayb not in smash... mayb in street fighter????? lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So we still pay 60 even if we dont do teams? o_0
yep, fc style. so i suggest you enter teams. things are easier and more organized this way.

zro, i suck at all other console games besides halo and smash T__T. ill play you in starcraft >_<

smashmac good stuff!!! <3 swfl crew

Raistlin

Smash Lord
So some other people from Florida need some housing!!

1. Raistlin
2. Ares
3. Apollo
4. Dark Sonic
5. Harriet the Guy

We're driving up and arriving on Friday (February 1st). There might be some other people coming with us, don't know yet.

But anyway, yeah, it'd be awesome if someone could hook us up.

Drephen

Smash Master
awsome job plank, thanks so much for doing this. Im going to promote the **** outta this tourney to make it the last and biggest tourney ever

dunno if COK wants to stay in a hotel or not, so im gonna request housing. Estimating 4-6 people as of now

You ever think about advertising locally at your college or anything? If we have the right connections we can even get advertised in nintendo power or something, im sure they can do something

Also, since this will be the last tourney before brawl comes out.....I WANT ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN TO A SMASH TOURNEY IN THE PAST TO COME TO THIS!!!!!

everyone do your part to get all your friends that have stop playing or stopped going to tournies to come back for one last hurrah.

I THINK ALL GRUDGES SHOULD BE SETTLED HERE!

east coast vs west coast

best *insert various character* matches

epic $100 money matches

Anything!

I really would like to see this tourney push that 450 mark

again these are just suggestions but i am realllllllllllyyyyyy pumped for this

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
SHHTTTT chillin u know im right there with you. we'll figure something out if it comes down to that, i didnt realize feb 3rd was the super bowl LOL must..get..tvs...

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm gonna have to agree with Chillindude. If there's no super bowl viewing then I'll be sad.

edit: **** I need to refresh the page before I post stuff plank combo broke me 4 minutes ago

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to agree with Chillindude. If there's no super bowl viewing then I'll be sad.

edit: **** I need to refresh the page before I post stuff plank combo broke me 4 minutes ago
It'd be funny if like, in the finals, everyone is crowded around where the two people are playing, and then it's like, "THE SUPERBOWL IS ON", and then everybody leaves to watch that, while the finalists are there alone, and the epicness is wiped out.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Zro I'd be happy to **** you in some SF2, CvS2, Alpha or 3S
omg dude we have 2 play 3s.. gonna b mad fun... i havent play CvS2 in mad long imma try 2 get some skill back... imma still b bad tho in CvS2 lol but yea that will b super funnnn ^_^ mayb we can do MMs as well

aho43

Smash Lord
It'd be funny if like, in the finals, everyone is crowded around where the two people are playing, and then it's like, "THE SUPERBOWL IS ON", and then everybody leaves to watch that, while the finalists are there alone, and the epicness is wiped out.
i don't envision that happening. someone will bring a projector, we'll use that for the superbowl. i didn't know this was on the superbowl either. :/

im clearly going to this tho. but i'll be sad.

HAT

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm definitely up for housing a few crews. I've got some of SWAT staying here, already. I'm extending my warm welcome (warmer if you want) to QDVS and the like- you guys were pretty cool.

I'll try to bring at least 4 setups and maybe a big screen.

HAT

Smash Ace
Combo Status are need housing.

DJ Combo
Silent Wolf
Eggz
maybe Ka Master
I'm up for housing you guys. Plenty of room, lots of pianos, two big screens and recording capabilities all available all night. =] Tell me if you're interested.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
First of all, I'm coming, and I should be bringing a setup.
I will be going with GOTM who should also be bringing a setup.
We're driving from South Jersey, and we need housing.

Now with the $60 fee... You say this includes all tournaments, but let's face I'm not good enough to be in the regional crew battles. How can some participate in the regional crew battle and some not, and both people pay the same amount of money? I mean I'm going no matter what, but $60 total seems a little steep. How much of that $60 is dedicated to singles and crews? Like is $15 from everyone going to singles pot, and $15 to doubles pot which leaves $30 for venue fee and... regional crews?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

Now with the $60 fee... You say this includes all tournaments, but let's face I'm not good enough to be in the regional crew battles. How can some participate in the regional crew battle and some not, and both people pay the same amount of money? I mean I'm going no matter what, but $60 total seems a little steep. How much of that $60 is dedicated to singles and crews? Like is $15 from everyone going to singles pot, and $15 to doubles pot which leaves $30 for venue fee and... regional crews?
the crews will have slight payouts, but not a lot at all. like $500 tops for the winning crew or something so barely any money is going to regional crews. A lot of people don't like expensive but in order to get big names from around the country, thats how it has to be done. The big pot attracts way more people than it deters, especially knowing you need that $60 ahead of time. The $60 is pretty much broken down as $20 singles entry, $15 per person per team, $10 for venue fee, $10 for food, then paypal takes like $3 from each registrant as well. Also, im expecting at least 64 setups, so that's another $640 that comes out.

Either way, the pots are going to be huge and almost all the money will be going to them. Some money is also going to go into renting a projector (if i cant find someone to lend one) and various other expenses (extra snacks, water, etc). Either way, a lot of other tournaments have had entry fees of $75 (fc's, oc, etc) and will have had much lower payouts than this, Like top 17ish will get paid out.

anyway, now that my essay is done...
hope i answered any questions =)

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
o really? south jersey? is it possible 4 me and 1 of my crew members 2 get a ride from you guys... we have no problems chippin in for gas and tolls ^_^

Alukard

Smash Hero
OMFG HAT ... I WANNA GET U A PROSTITUTE !!!! JEEZ ... that last post just told me that i will not b playing smash ... i will b attempting to play piano lmfao ... but if u have guitars ... then we can both jam and play ... btw i'm in the swat crew ... i'm kinda the manager ... no not leader ... lol ... long story ^_^ ... but anyway .. MANY MANY THANKS ... *pound*

Alukard

Smash Hero
omg now eggz and the other dudes ... are coming ... well i hope ur ready for one of the best crews in nyc ^_^no sandbaggin in friendlies ^_-

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
OMFG HAT ... I WANNA GET U A PROSTITUTE !!!! JEEZ ... that last post just told me that i will not b playing smash ... i will b attempting to play piano lmfao ... but if u have guitars ... then we can both jam and play ... btw i'm in the swat crew ... i'm kinda the manager ... no not leader ... lol ... long story ^_^ ... but anyway .. MANY MANY THANKS ... *pound*
**** son u deffinately sucked ur own **** just now lol.... sooo much head lol..... if nethin manager... for the next 2 months >.>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
keep the spamming to a minimum or go to the other thread. thankya <3

anywhom, everyone refer to drephens post on the first page for awesomeness

Cia

das kwl
hat - can you please house The Tunes?? I believe there will be about 5 of us going and I'm almost positive that eggm is bringing a set up

kirbstir - I'll MM you in CVS2 :)

lmao @ concern for superbowl

plairnkk - I want one of those 1 to 10 odds money matches as well

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Ill be attending this, should be insane. I hopefully wont be the only nc smasher there, im trying to get them all together. Peace

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i am going to try really hard to attend this. consider me 70%. try to drum up some so cal support too.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i guess i'm going to this with P instead of DAN 2, since tickets are pretty much the same, and this is farther, and i <3 new york weather.

so who'se housing me, and i want to come like a good few days in advance!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
u guys need to read the first post. know whos actually coming and make plans before you ask for housing. last time too many people asked for housing and took up people then didnt even end up going. its important to know how many people are going with you before u ask for housing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom