• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Report me? Surely not I...
Well after hearing you and JOE! go back and forth, it's a tie. Whichever fires first wins.
And I thought HOLOpaW was waiting until new years to show...
no not you, yaya0, but w/e.

Olimar vs. Falcon...
10 mindless pikmin with nothing really that lethal vs. manly man with fail lazor.
IDK... I'd say falcon if he's able to bypass the pikmin and take out Oli or be able to kill them all.
which is likely. with fists. of fury.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what is the rules on this...
I read somewhere that weapons can be brought to the battle. Weapons from games only? Cause I was reading this German comic:

http://s10b.directupload.net/file/d/1992/gdcphtag_jpg.htm

It appears he has a gun.

But uh, whether that counts or not, I don't know.

Sorry for interrupting, I speak words no longer.

You aren't interrupting anything. We know Falcon has a gun but it was said that it isn't lethal and it takes forever to charge up; the comic gun was nerfed by the people here.
We had a huge debate over this before and the body decided his gun fails. We appreciate the input, but who needs a gun against Olimar?

@ US
Just checking...for a minute I thought I was being too rude to him...

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what is the rules on this...
I read somewhere that weapons can be brought to the battle. Weapons from games only? Cause I was reading this German comic:

http://s10b.directupload.net/file/d/1992/gdcphtag_jpg.htm

It appears he has a gun.

But uh, whether that counts or not, I don't know.

Sorry for interrupting, I speak words no longer.
well, he has had his gun ever since round 1 based upon the fact that he simply has a holster, we assumed he just had a pistol.

Later on, that exact comic was braught up (in english :p) and proved that he had a laser gun, which is rather innefective.

REL38

Smash Lord
Olimar can't do much himself.
A punch, at best.
But that'll only reach Falcon's "sweet spot".
It'll drop him onto his knees so Pikmin can swarm him, but groin shots are apparently banned.

Pikmin probably can't even tear through Falcon's suit anyways, if not, it'll take a sure long while.

Falcon would be aiming for Olimar.
He's near defense-less when his Pikmin will only serve as a temporary obstacle, but that won't give Falcon much trouble to bypass.

Poison fumes will only kill Falcon a very small amount of times.
His height and manuverability is the problem for White.

~Blarg

UncleSam

Smash Master
WEEK 2: FOX vs ZSS
WINNER: FOX - > TIE
"Having an electrolaser means jack if your opponent has a weapon capable of death 100% of the time....however, if fox gets hit first, it still means ZSS can just finish him off...."
took you long enough.

Cleo555

Smash Cadet
umm Olimar is supposed to be very small..idk the exact measurements but i would think under a foot. his pikmin are even shorter and use LEAVES to hit their opponents. Not really a contest X.X

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
LOL does this even deserve discussion?
Failcon is still a martial artist, crack's olimar helmet and waits for oxygen poisoning while standing at a safe distance.
Even if the pikmin still manage to latch on somehow, falcon can just swat them off like flies and curb stomp them

JOE!

Smash Hero

REL38

Smash Lord
this is gonna be the synopsis, new MU soon
Bull crap

Pikmin don't respond to light.

Falcon never breathes nor takes a potty break.
Olimar has a bloody space helmet where canon states he breathes through it to live.

Using Nova's quote as the synopsis is a blatant insult.
You don't see Ray's Ganon quote being used as to why Ganon lost, now do you?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Bull crap

Olimar has a bloody space helmet where canon states he breathes through it to live.

wow, really?

you do realize the breathing and pooping stuff is a joke, right?

and the synopsis is being used because it's funny, and essentially says that falcon wins (which he would)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Bull crap

Did I strike a nerve or something?
Quit the potty stuff unless you really want Oli to die.
Stating asphyxication won't change the MU.
The post was a joking way of how the MU would turn out; calm down.

Don't go Beren on me...

REL38

Smash Lord
wow, really?

you do realize the breathing and pooping stuff is a joke, right?

and the synopsis is being used because it's funny, and essentially says that falcon wins (which he would)
I know the post itself was for teh lolz, but I just couldn't shake the irking feeling from reading it :/

Being the only Olimar supporter here while seeing that be used as the synopsis seems a lot more like a big, "FU", in my eyes

>.<

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I know the post itself was for teh lolz, but I just couldn't shake the irking feeling from reading it :/

Being the only Olimar supporter here while seeing that be used as the synopsis seems a lot more like a big, "FU", in my eyes

>.<

Sorry you feel tht way but Oli is F***ed in this MU.

But you aren't the only Oli supporter, just the only consistent one...well then I guess that would make you the only Oli supporter then :ohwell:

REL38

Smash Lord

Sorry you feel tht way but Oli is F***ed in this MU.

But you aren't the only Oli supporter, just the only consistent one...well then I guess that would make you the only Oli supporter then :ohwell:
I've been runnin' the Falcon vs Olimar MU in my head for a few weeks.
I know what both can do.
I could've planked the entire MU, but the result is inevitable.

Olimar loses.

He can't do much anything against a lot of the cast mainly due to range and armor/defense.
All in all, Olimar will be bottom in the final list.
I've known this for months.

But using a synopsis that ignores my arguements (light ~ Pikmin aren't moths) and jokingly killing Olimar by the "No Potty Breaks Clause" when Falcon is just as susceptible to the same death is insulting (to me) as obvious factors are ignored to make Falcon "keeeeeewwwler".

Notice how I'm not insulted by Olimar getting his arse handed to him . . . . cuz he would.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
JOE! said:
WEEK 8: OLIMAR vs CAPTAIN FALCON
WINNER: JESUS H. FALCON
"Just read the synopsis...."
lololol

@MU
This is a tough one. Roy having smaller reach, as well as not being a ten foot gorilla, does put him at a disadvantage from the get go. Roy is an experienced swordsman, though; not to mention DK isn't going to pull counter-parries or other swordfighting bull****. If Roy can dodge DKs attacks, I say he has a pretty good shot.
-roy bias from melee-

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I've been runnin' the Falcon vs Olimar MU in my head for a few weeks.
I know what both can do.
I could've planked the entire MU, but the result is inevitable.

Olimar loses.

He can't do much anything against a lot of the cast mainly due to range and armor/defense.
All in all, Olimar will be bottom in the final list.
I've known this for months.

But using a synopsis that ignores my arguements (light ~ Pikmin aren't moths) and jokingly killing Olimar by the "No Potty Breaks Clause" when Falcon is just as susceptible to the same death is insulting (to me) as obvious factors are ignored to make Falcon "keeeeeewwwler".

Notice how I don't say Olimar wouldn't get his arse handed to him . . . . cuz he would.
I didn't say that either. You took it that way. Sorry if your fav. character loses; try having a fail dino as your fave and get on with RL. It has nothing to do with Falcon's cool factor either.

The **** backed in wasn't towards the RL thing at all; it was in regard to the Falcon punch.
According to everyone (which I still find lolable), Falcon's pistol sucks. I just threw it in there so it would have a purpose.
I said that jokingly but if my humor offends you then :ohwell:. Oli loses.
Still too soft Kaka-REL...

@ Current MU:
I don't see DK losing to a teen with a sword. Roy can try but our boi gets monkey clapped.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for Roy! I mean, DK can't really do anything against a sword, especially when used by a master swordsman ;)

REL38

Smash Lord
I thought Roy wasn't all that great with a sword?

DK could thwack the sword away from Roy. Given, he'd get a cut up arm but then Roy is defenseless.

@Nova
I know Olimar sucks overall, but he can still compete. Only reason I actively defend him.
I pointed out what irked me in the "lol synopsis", but I have zero problem with Falcon knee'n Olimar in the face.
Cuz it'd happen :p

Nova9000

Smash Lord
*fanboy flooding*
DK is a gorilla. Gorillas are naturally stronger. Roy trying to strike him with his sword is like trying to kill a person with a butter knife.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Fire Emblem characters can slay dragons with swords, I can believe they can slay gorillas to. Roy may not be better than Marth or Ike, but he's good enough to take down Donkey Kong.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem characters can slay dragons with swords, I can believe they can slay gorillas to. Roy may not be better than Marth or Ike, but he's good enough to take down Donkey Kong.

Real Life. Only Komodo dragons exist.
And every dragon here fails BTW, so in RL dragons fail badly.

DK is over 6 ft, bulging muscles, and has monkey rage.
Roy is a teen that is decent with his blade.
He lacks the muscle to land a crippling blow and that also threatens his safety by being close to DK. DK will fold him up like a lawn chair without trying.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Real Life. Only Komodo dragons exist.
And every dragon here fails BTW, so in RL dragons fail badly.

DK is over 6 ft, bulging muscles, and has monkey rage.
Roy is a teen that is decent with his blade.
He lacks the muscle to land a crippling blow and that also threatens his safety by being close to DK. DK will fold him up like a lawn chair without trying.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Roy is more than decent with a blade.
But you're right, DK probably has this. Roy could only kill DK with some lucky shots to the face/ chest.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Bowser and Charizard fails? Anyways, in real life it would depend on how big or heavy the sword Roy will be swinging, how sharp the sword is can also effect the damage. You can't hit if your moving too fast, right?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Bowser and Charizard fails? Anyways, in real life it would depend on how big or heavy the sword Roy will be swinging, how sharp the sword is can also effect the damage. You can't hit if your moving too fast, right?
Zard fails horribly. Bowser doesn't though. Read up on some of the past MUs and you'll see.

And in RL, he doesn't have the sufficient amount of force to swing and kill DK.
He has no "super speed" either.

Oh and welcome to The Deadliest Brawler, where Real Life dictates outcomes rather than game mechanics.

UncleSam

Smash Master
BOWSER IS A TURTLE!!!! HE'S SUPPOSED TO FAIL BUT THERES THIS GUY CALLED JOE! AND HE GETS IN THE WAY!

Roy is not our boy.

These MU's have become less interesting since there is nothing to develop on.
oh and I missed my chance to (literally) dissect pikmin and fully explain their functionality.

well, there's always round 6.

REL38

Smash Lord
Roy can kill DK.

He just needs to time things right and dash inwards to gut DK with his sword.

Besides, can't Roy side-step, strife, dodge and roll to slash at DK's arms/back(?) to wear him down?

@Sam
Bowser's no turtle :/

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Roy can kill DK.

Besides, can't Roy side-step, strife, dodge and roll to slash at DK's arms/back(?) to wear him down?

@Sam

He could, but those arms of DK would wrap around and snatch Roy up.

Unless he could get a slash at the neck I don't see this working in his favor.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Roy can kill DK.

@Sam
-thinks of slicing back-
-thinks of TP back roll-
-has idea-
Couldn't roy hit DKs spine?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy's sword is probably too heavy for him to effectivly use it. He even takes a long time swinging it in Fire Emblem. DK is fast enough to crush Roy before he can swing the blade.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Roy's not "decent" with the blade.

He's good, he trained for years and years in order to wield it effectively, and honestly his style is probably gonna be a heck of a lot more effective then pretty much any other greatsword user you're gonna find.

Why? Because it's all about spacing.

DK will never get close enough to hit or do damage, Roy wins, no contest. Next MU.

REL38

Smash Lord
Roy's sword is probably too heavy for him to effectivly use it. He even takes a long time swinging it in Fire Emblem. DK is fast enough to crush Roy before he can swing the blade.
Doesn't look like it'd weigh that much.

One, two . . . three pounds max?
Personally, I say about two lbs.
But that's coming from a guy who knows next to squat about swords :/

Top Bottom