• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tasmanian SSBM/Brawl Thread

Sloth

Smash Ace
First off, the list of the current Tasmanian Smashers. Post your details if you want to be added. Plus if your part of the state hasn’t been added, include that with your details.
Also if you want your details removed, just post or send me a PM.

Now, you can still contact me about most of the information occuring within Tasmania even tho I am currently living in Brisbane as I know most of the players personally.

And I will also begin customizing this thread for brawl. So once you get it, send me your wifi code and I'll add it to the front page.

Hobart

Waaa. EVERYONE MOVED QQ.

Launceston

Name: Matt
Alias: Chooker
Mains: Fox and Samus

Name: Chris
Alias: Ninjapirate
Mains: Sheik, Marth and Cpt. Falcon

Name:
Alias: Orange
Mains: Ness*
SSBB WiFi: 2535 3493 6554

North-East

Name: -
Alias: Dino
Mains: Yoshie

Name: Brent
Alias: Len
Mains: Ice Climbers, Dc Mario and Jigglypuff

Name: -
Alias: Budgie or Bowser
Mains: Marth and Yoshie

Name: Josh
Alias: Monkey
Mains: Falco

-------------

If anything is incorrect, please send a PM, rather then spam up the board.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Well, we had our frist proper tournament/meet of sorts on Tuesday and after much hectic organizing it ended up turning out really good, except for the bloke who got himself an 80 dollar fine. ;)

Sloth showed us all how good he was, while everyone else was incredibly close for the remaining positions.

Here is the results.

1st: Sloth
2nd: Chooker
3rd: D.J Cat
4th: N30n (The Majestic Horse)
5th: Dino and Budgie
6th: Len and Monkey
7th: Dungy and Ben

A good day/night was had by all I believe.
We await the next one, wherever and whenever it may be.

Sloth

Smash Ace
D.J Cat you need to get in contact with this 'Moogle' person in hobart and give him this link.
Plus get the other's to hopefully start posting.

We also need to think of holding a bigger tourment sometime. But I'm not so keen on it in the next few months, due to OHN5 and Me just going to melbourne.

After that however.....

jazblack009

Smash Ace
YEHS a tazzy scene!
Australia's melee is growing and its good to see tazzy in the mix.
quite alot more than what i thought there were.
Keep up the good work guys

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Well done getting things happening. Good luck getting better, and aim for me my little muffins of noobishness :)

Marche

Smash Apprentice
D.J Cat said:
Well, we had our frist proper tournament/meet of sorts on Tuesday and after much hectic organizing it ended up turning out really good, except for the bloke who got himself an 80 dollar fine. ;)
That copper only gave me the fine because he was jelous that he couldn't pull a burnout that good. :p

But besides that, The next tournament has to be in hobart. Once D.J Cat and Chooker both get there p's we will be able to have 3 car loads going down. Time to trash your house Sloth. :) But as you said it will have to be in a few months.

This time we can have a proper go at it, and i might be able to beat someone this time. I have a lot of practice ahead of me.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm wondering if I should bother going all out and preparing a hall or something to play in, and having a nice big proper Tassie tourny. I'll guess I'll decide when it gets closer.

Maybe try and get some random Hobart College guys to come up as well if they are interested. Hopefully we can get about 15 people. That is my goal. But I highly doubt that will happen.

Caoo. Come to Tassie! Just to hang out. ^_^

King Kong

Smash Lord
well done on getting a scene happening Sloth. I cant wait to see how good you get now that you actually get to play people other than at tournaments.

peace out

len1

Smash Journeyman
next time i will use ice climbers and maybe jigglypuff as well

and bring more marsh mallows so 2-3 people can play chubby bubbies

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Its good that Tamania are getting a crew together, it might actually warrent a crew battle for OHN5 :)

But still won't change the outcome of crews

1. NSW
2. Vic
3. WA
4. Tas
5. QLD
6. ACT

NSW is easily the best state around :p

Sloth

Smash Ace
Pfft :D

If only it was easy for Tassies to go over. To bad we can't carpool it up. Who invented that silly thing called oceans.
Only bad thing is KK, I can never play these guys due to distant issues. And they still need a lot of improving before my skill can grow with them. Not to sound to harsh to you Tassie guys at all :)

Look's like me a Bringer will have our own single man crew for OHN5!

Edit-

Nice to see you posting Len ^_^

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Well you should know how good i am you teamed with Jaz at SEAT2, after playing Jaz many times, imagine a puff that ***** hard :p NO JAZ DIDN'T BEAT ME SINCE WHEN :p

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yay. Nice to see a new face. I grouped you into Hobart to make it easier.

We have to meet up. I'm free every Thurs - Fri - Sat and Sunday, so just catch me on msn, or PM or post.. whatever. I'll get N30N to come, as he is a walk away...

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Marche said:
But besides that, The next tournament has to be in hobart. .
Why?
Not that it would be a problem or anything.
We'll think about it when we think about it.

Sloth said:
If only it was easy for Tassies to go over. To bad we can't carpool it up. Who invented that silly thing called oceans.
Yeah, someone invented a thing called a boat.
We could bung on over on the Spirit...
Its a possibility.
http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/fares/

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, plane tickets = $69 each way to melb. And around $89 to sydney.
Boat costs = heaps.

So it's not to bad to get across. Then you need to pay for public transport etc. It is easier to carpool to the airport. ^_^ But a bit useless for me being in Hobart. keke.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
I don't care if you guys swim over but you guys are coming, and I have to verse your IC Sloth because everyone said its awesome.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
GreenEyeS said:
And that boat costs money + you need to drive onto it.
Yeah, and besides its not like a car would be required when in Sydney anyway.

If we are both at the next Tassie tournament/whatever then we have to play Perfect Dark. That would be hot.

I've actaully started considering going to OHN5, now I know its not all that expensive to get there and to enter (but still more than I can afford...) but I would really need to start improving like a crazy mouse, like Budgie did when we told him to use the C-stick (Improved about 400%) .

ZEREUL said:
I don't care if you guys swim over but you guys are coming
OK if you say so.
It would be cheaper, plus swimming improves breathing ability...

jazblack009

Smash Ace
hey thats true, you can get anywhere you need to via public transport which isn't to stressful on the wallet.
but i cannot promise housing, which would make things a little more expensive.
sorry guys i can't house everyone

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Public tranpsport?

We'll RUN! (at least we will if Chooker comes along won't we?)

I do have a brother that lives in Neutral bay, so staying there overnights could be a possibility, or staying with someone, but who knows, no need to think about it too much just yet. :confused:

len1

Smash Journeyman
i might use IC in some of the after matches because last time i borrowed the game off pete i made nana moonwalk. and why do we have to go overseas it would probbably be cheaper to fly the 3-5 people frmo the mainland that post on this thread over here than flying the 8-10 of us over there. :p

bowser STILL reckons youre gay bryce :laugh:

len1

Smash Journeyman
we could not swim over or run about like D.J. cat suggested unless we give dungy steroids or leave him here..... or both

Sloth

Smash Ace
len1 said:
bowser STILL reckons youre gay bryce :laugh:
Dang Nathan for starting that. >_> and I still don't even know how.

And its 'Not as gay as Bryce' :ohwell:
At least that was some funny late night stuff.

But, going to mainland = more stream of better and experienced player base. Tasmanian hasn't got that to offer, so if I pay, I want to face as many as possible. Plus. Tasmania sucks for transport. This is a true fact.

I mean, if you are truly keen on sending some people over here, especially if we hold a proper tourment, I may consider getting involved. All depends on money at the end.

NG7

Smash Lord
ZEREUL said:
But still won't change the outcome of crews

1. NSW
2. Vic
3. WA
4. Tas
5. QLD
6. ACT
OMG what the hell is that?!?!!? You've just made yourself a powerful enemy. Down with Vic and NSW! Tas and WA are still cool though hehe.

Are there smashers in ACT o_O

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
So, should we have another little tournament or just a good old Smashing time sometime soon or more like the June holidays?
Possibily in Hobart depending on how many are interested I guess.

We need to level up on our skills again, although we are all improving reasonably well as it is we are not hot enough.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
just as a matter of interest, how long would it take to drive from one side of tazzy to another?
there is no joke/reason/point to this question, i'm just curious to know

is that a bad thing?

lol Zeruel nice crew rankings, but i think we all know Tas will clean it up ;)

Sloth

Smash Ace
jazblack009 said:
lol Zeruel nice crew rankings, but i think we all know Tas will clean it up ;)
/quoted for truth.

Er. Well. I'm taking a guess here. But I'd say from the very north point to the south.. about 5-7 hours?

I know from the north west (Devonport) to Hobart, it's about 3 to 3:30 hours at 110km all the way.
There is like one ACT smasher. :ohwell:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
From here (right on the North Coast) to Launceston is 1 hour (45 mins for my dad....)
Launceston to Hobart is about 2 and a half hours (depending on whos driving) if you go right down the midland highway.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ok, so this is a semi bump, but I am hoping 'Moogle' will see this.

We need to play man, you got a mb nb or something? as we have to get into contact.
As for next Tassie tourment.

Do you guys want it in Hobart? or Lauceston. As I can easily go to Launceston again.

But for me, it will have to be held off until after OHN5.
So yeah.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I don't mind all that much where we have the next tournament, I guess we will see what everyone else wants, but I am assuming they want it up here, if the majority of players going are going to be from up here.

I will post the other thing next time this poor thread looks like dying again. :(

Mc Monkey

Smash Rookie
Sloth said:
D.J Cat you need to get in contact with this 'Moogle' person in hobart and give him this link.
Plus get the other's to hopefully start posting.

We also need to think of holding a bigger tourment sometime. But I'm not so keen on it in the next few months, due to OHN5 and Me just going to melbourne.

After that however.....

hey sloth! it's monkey what's been going on? shut up i don't care lol. but that bigger tourment sounds wicked!! i'd be in it for shore.

thanks for all the tips e.g wavedashing, short hot lazer ect.
but...... i need some good combos for faloc can you help me... help me obyone connoby your my only hope..ha ha ha
p.s your so gay

Marche

Smash Apprentice
Monkey, You really need to take the time to check your post's. There are so many mistake's in it.

But beside's from that, I personally dont mind where the next tournament is held. Either Hobart or at my place again, I dont mind. Although this time we have to be better organized with what we are doing for tea.

If we decided to go to Hobart, I have room for 3 more in my car, as it's only a 4 seater car. :ohwell:

Sloth

Smash Ace
Hey.
Well, as for tourment planning to go, I will be home some point during June or early July, so if you guys want to hold another meet, it may be possible for me to make an appearance.

As for hosting a tourment down in Hobart, if one goes ahead it won't be anytime soon, also my house = sucks for staying at, pretty much 2 TV's and an angry flatmat who is abusive. In all honesty, it would be easier, especially for you guys to hold another in Marche's house.

As for Falco monkey, shine is a great move for combo's. If I was you, and if you have the connection, I'd download vids of decent Falco players. Using the smash DC++ hub.

For now, just work on your l-cancelling in shine attacks with Falco and short-hop lazering. Trying to get those down.

P.S Not as gay as monkey.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I think this weekend was a very constructive one.

We downloaded Evolution (all you lucky broadbanding fast computer arse fez's... :mad: ) and got to play plenty of matchs.

Monkey, you were doing good on Saturday night, you definitely leveled up some.
I probably, maybe will be coming into Scottsdale on that Wednesday, so yeah.

Dino is getting the more advanced things happening now, we just need more practise against hot players.

Dungy, you didn't play Monkey, Dino and Budge enough, bloody Pokemon.
Speaking of which I will be getting up early to watch it tommorow morning. Anyway back on topic.
The random characters idea you came up with was excelent, and should strengthen our depth, knowledge and experience and who knows, we might discover new characters?
I thought you did pretty good with Sheikypoo.

Len has got the technical skills but doesn't win nearly as many games as he should. It will come in time I am sure.

Budgie can do grab moves. He is constently leveling up, but we need you to Evolve again, for our sake and yours.

I highly doubt we can afford to get to OHN5 but maybe SEAT3/4/whatever the flying duck should be considered by us.

Top Bottom