• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tasmanian SSBM/Brawl Thread

Jaz

Smash Ace
you be nice to dedu nowz... if he's still down there lol
you can get all the juicy goss on me when you talk to stui, he knows all my secrets
or is that sloth?
a tasmanian better return the favour of travelling

Sloth

Smash Ace
Round up: No videos were recorded.

Saturday night: me and scrubs went to neons, played some smash, drank beer, went home.

Sunday night: me and scrubs stayed at my house, drank beer, watched austar, went out for mexican

Monday morning: me, Dedu and Scrubs were at my house, drank beer, Scrubs left in 30mins rather then the 2+ hours he was expecting due to family hating Richmond (ultra noob town in Tas)

The moral of the story is, don't hold back till last day for vids or family will go Zoom.

Hope you two had fun versing me. Overall it makes me excited again about smash and going to CoA2, in which I will own everyone.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Haha to much beer not enough vids. I had an awesome time though. The highlight was sharing a fishbowl strawberry/mango margarita with Sloth.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
gay.

i so 4 stocked your peach.

and i'll ignore every other game we played.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
SO
Whats happening?

Who is going to Comrades 2: Ken?
Who is doing the winning lately?
Any new players?
What am I missing?

Huh, huh!????

N30N

Smash Apprentice
nothing at all, i saw some emo kid called scrubs come and play

he was cool, he should come more often.
i played bryce the other day, i started winning at the end, not that he remmbers.

advantage of being sober.
im going to comrades 2, and i plan to skill up by then, so DJ, YOU BETTER LOOK OUT BUDDY COMRADES TWO WILL BE YOUR GRAVE.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I just added this to the write up of BoO.
Now someone do a write up of BoO2! ;)

It was a pleasant Friday night in September in the peaceful town of Bridport, Tasmania. A few friends were happily playing Smash in the downstairs lounge at D.J Cat- ie - Bob's house. However they had a guest. This person would normally be seen working in a bakery in Victoria. It was Mr. Phantasmo. And so they kept playing, and while they did there was a great excitement in the room for they were all waiting in anticipation for the arrival of Sloth, N30N, Freaky Beeky and ZTV who were putting in the effort and driving up from Hobart.

Finally the moment arrived and everyone got excited. They ran down the street to greet them and show them where to park. And so they stayed up for a while that night, playing some casual games of Smash and discussing some things which is Tassie humour at its finest/worst.

The next morning they all woke up and went to the lounge room to get ready for the tournament. Zero/Tom was practicing, Munchy was being Munchy and everyone else had to come from other houses. Monkey's drunkness the night before meant he had no idea what was going on but thankfully Mr. Phantasmo went and picked him up. ZTV, Sloth and Freaky Beeky all had to come over from Len's where they stayed in the shed (a good shed with a TV, toilet, beds and tasty food!). Before they could come over Freaky Beeky had to get into some size 8 womens jeans. He did.

Finally it was time to start the tournament. Doubles were first and the Tasmanian team of Budgie, Monkey and Dino eliminated the Victorians in an epic. Dino was on his last stock at about 150% while ZTV and Phantasmo were on their last stocks at about 100%. Suddenly Dino whips out a down-smash that sends the Victorians hurtling to either side of the Battlefield. ZTV just can't make it back and quickly seeing that Phantasmo will grab the ledge, Dino does an instant Edge-Hog to clinch the match. They then go on to be defeated by the The Poultry Mafia (Chooker and D.J Cat) , setting up a final against Massive DPS (Sloth and N30N). The matches are close, with the Poultry Mafia using good teamwork to save each other various times and to double team the professional Sloth but in the end Massive DPS win out.

Singles then started with 2 pools of 4 and one of 5. It was 3 Stock, and you play everyone in your pool once. This was a good way to do it, it was reasonably quick + you got to play a few decent matches before being eliminated that way. They then progressed to the knockout stage. Dino, Len and Chooker were the first ones to fall. D.J Cat was in the losers bracket after his very first match but went on to win the next 4 to have the hounour of playing Bryce. This included an epic match against Mr. Phantasmo, in the deciding match, it was Falco vs Peach on Final Destination. They were both on over 100% damage and it was getting intense. Suddenly D.J pulls out a beam sword and tosses it at Phantasmo, knocking him out and winning the match. D.J Cat vs Sloth in the Final and its a very one way affair with Sloth's unbeaten Young Link 3 stocking Bob's Peach/Fox with ease.

Later that night much fun was had and memories were made to be cherished forever... But first they had to eat, Monkey, D.J and Munchy went out to get some food for the BBQ while Sloth's first mission was to get some Goon. So D.J starts the BBQ, people get fed and are happy and all seems well. Until somehow he manages to catch the BBQ on fire. What N00b! later that night, Pokebattles are had, Goldeneye is played, many friendly Smash matches were played - setting up some great rivalries, D.J Cat and Dino notice the Golf Course is levitating, Chooker comes out of the closet (where he was hiding) and Beaky discuss his Philosiphies about life.

Everyone goes home the next day, having survived and anticipating the next time.....

@Cao: You can use it for that site of yours if you want, even if it is a bit long (thats shwat she said). Feel free to edit it if need be.

orangepulp00

Smash Rookie
Hi all im fairly new around here, just wondering if anyone is going to be getting the American Brawl release in Tassie it will be good if we exchange friends codes and play.

Also will this thread get updated to a Tassie Brawl Thread ??

Thanks

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not living in Tasmania anymore, but I can keep an update on the front page if you like. To include Wii friend codes for brawl plus contact information.

Just send me a PM or post the details here.

I know a Tas person in Lauceston already playing brawl + a few in hobart which will most likely be chipping their wii's and getting it soon as well.

orangepulp00

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the response, hopefully we get a good gathering of Brawl players in Tassie so we can hold a fairly good tourney :)

Sloth

Smash Ace
It would be good to see that. I am sure with the PAL release 'something' will happen.

I'll see if I can get you in contact with Chris, he is in launceston as well and is pretty keen to verse some people in brawl.

And I will be back in Tas on march the 4th for a few weeks, I'll have weekends free and if I have access to a car I might drive down to Launceston to play!

Sloth

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post, but it needs a bump-ish.

Orange, what is the best way to go about contacting you? msn? sms? e-mail? Anything, seeing as forums can sometimes be annoying. That is if you want to meet up and play brawl at all ^^ instead of waiting for a tournament.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Hey orange. The weekend before last we held a mini-brawl tournament near Chris's house. It is hard to contact you as it would of been nice to play you then ^^

I won of course :D Melee skills help a tremendous amount when playing brawl.
It was pretty small, had only eight people playing, but it was a good chance to give the game a try.

Astraphobia

Smash Cadet
Hey!

I -was- GreenEyes (Forgot my pass though..) but it hardly matters, since I never ended up smashing with you guys sadly, and I sort of drifted away from smash in general. for a good while.

But yeah, I picked up Brawl, and was heavily playing Melee again before that..so in short, I'm pretty much all up for getting involved in any sort of smash related stuff we can get happening down here.

Brawl's taking some adjusting too, but I think I'm getting the hang of it... And I've fallen in love with DDD. ^-^

Tassy Smash ftw much? =]

Astraphobia

Smash Cadet
Same old story then. Well, hopefully some of my lazy friends from SA will make their way down here if given enough reason...but until that happens, I'll just look/ask around and just maybe I'll be able to stumble across others willing to play.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Not sure how I missed this thread. Where in Tasmania do you guys live? Is everyone around the hobart area, mostly? I'd love to give you all a game some time...

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Looks like there is a few Hobart guys now!

I know there are several Smashers/ex smashers up North, dunno what their interest level would be these days, I can give you contact details if you ask me.
They might be on here anyway.

link6616

Smash Cadet
We need to plot something... ANYTHING

Although, luckily next year I'll be in either hobart of melbourne, meaning a much greater chance of finding smashers then in Burnie (notice the cap)

Top Bottom