• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TANG 23.0 and 23.5!! March 16th-18th/March 31st!!! Oregon Should Stop Being Poor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you'll have anything to worry about kevvviiinnn... me and shadow worm aren't sure if we're going to hold another tang in portland because of the lack of people who showed up

Eggz

Smash Hero
More people normally show up, but next time WA is told that there is going to be a large turnout (Like the last two times)...**** dat.XD

Especially when there wern't even any confirms. From now on im blindly following everything Nate says.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
That was pretty sad. And I wasn't even there. :p

On an irrelevant note, my signature is timed to teh current poke song. That is teh shi'ite.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just make sure you go to the tournies Eugene attends, we bring the <3 with us.

WA, what happened to not attending tournies with .5 in the title?

Venus, don't think this one bad turnout represents the tournament scene as a whole. It just means you need to make sure the date is good for everyone and you get confirmed arrivals. This whole "no johns" thing has gone on a bit too far. One would be expecting too much for everyone to quit their jobs/school, leave the hospital against doctors' advice, skip out on their uncle's funeral, and spend $50 on bus tickets to get someplace just because anything less than that would be johnning.
Tudios, Shin, & Josh might not have been able to show up, but if we could have organized some kind of carpool with Grants Pass or even Salem maybe ! and I could have made it up there. Otherwise 2 Portland trips, a Salem trip, and an Ashland trip is a bit too much within a single month for us to try to attend.

With that being said, I'd like to see videos if any were captured.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I bet if Shin and I coulda showed up a lot more people would have atteneded, beacuse we're just that cool. but yea, results? I would like to see who got which place and what not.

PS. School sucks

WA, what happened to not attending tournies with .5 in the title?
What happened to us saying that didn't matter, we were told of a large turn out, but i guess i can only win a tourney with 11 people. thx
im glad we missed that rave for this.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah seriously. We missed a rave to hear people complain about no starch.

Pros: I finally played Jesse without lag. Made inside jokes which I could've done at home. Enjoyed the drive to and from. Met Bart. Socialized with Jesse and James.

Cons: Too many to list, but mainly that we missed that Rave for this.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
Well, it's about time I explain my (for lack of better words) excuse for not coming. Friday morning I woke up sick as a dog, and have been pretty messed up all weekend. Even now I'm still not completely over it.

I apologize to anyone who was hopeing for me to show up. Although, knowing my luck, the thought probably didn't cross anyones mind.:p In any case, I'll just have to make sure to get to the next one.

By the way, I love what Smashboards has done with the place! :bigthumbu

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
well from now on i'm just going to attend... not host, that is unless Shadow Worm wants to host again but i really dont know if he wants to

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
I vote we hold the actual tournament around midnight-3 AM, as that's when I seem to play better.

Then again, without the help of TSUKIYOMI, JAPANESE GOD OF THE MOON, then we can't do much at night at all, and therefore this line goes to that guy.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I vote the hosts don't leave in the middle of the tournament and don't take bets on if we're gonna be gone by the time they get back. ****ing douches.

Tournaments should definitly not be around midnight to 3-AM LOL. I'd rather not get home at 8 AM.

1st - Me
2nd - Tori
3rd - Eggz
4th - Gimpyfish
5th - this is where WA cuts off so im not sure >_>

2v2s
1- me and tori
2nd - gimpy and eggz
3rd - OR

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
FIRST WASHINGTON LAST OREGON!

;P

its all in good fun from me of course

oh wait

uhh
i hate everyone? i almost got hung the last time i was in oregon? i'm glad there wasn't one this time somebody mighta used it lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
OH SNAP DIGITAL WATCHES DOENS'T WANT ME TO BE KILLEED YEAYUHHHZZZ!!!!

lowercase letters are fun too i guess, but not nearly as fun.

I actually don't get it.
I usually onry say "get it" when the joke is obvious.
GET IT? its funnier that way?
whats a ephialtes el oh el

Shadow-Worm

Smash Rookie
I vote the hosts don't leave in the middle of the tournament and don't take bets on if we're gonna be gone by the time they get back. ****ing douches.
Sorry, the tournament was so lame that we just couldn't take being there anymore, so we went out for some fun and sushi. We were just wondering how long it would take you guys to realize the lameness of it all too. :p ...and btw, all that was bet on it was an expired bus ticket, and the exact wording went something like this:

"I bet you they're all still there."
"Yeah probably... but at least one's left."
"Really? Nah, I'm sure they're all still there. Who would've left?"
"Ian, he's horrible."
"Bet you a dollar he's still there with the rest of them."
"I've only got $10 and those are all for the sushi... unless you want an expired bus ticket."
"Deal." *calls up Bart*

So yeah, I won an expired bus ticket.

Not sure where the general confusion that a lot of people would show up emerged from, but I assure everyone that both Aftermath and I were convinced until the actual day of the tournament, that a lot of people were coming. This impression I was given from him, as he told me that around 25 people would come. I don't mean to shift blame around or anything, I probably should've dug deeper into the issue, but since it was my first time being involved in a TANG, I expected Aftermath, who's the general organizer, to know best, and I trusted his word. Additionally, it does seem as if a lot of people ditched last second, so it's not completely our responsibility. I apologize regardless to WA who had to so laborously drive down to kick all our ***** and take all our money. It must've been a real miserable time for you guys. Honestly, we all feel horrible about you missing your rave- maybe if you hadn't we'd still have something in our wallets. And I also apologize to Bart for having to drive 4 hours from the collection of mud huts that is known as Grant's Pass in order to experience what we, homo sapiens, like to call 'civilization'. Hope you liked it Bart, maybe someday Grant's Pass will have a food court too, and you and all your caveman friends can get together and eat greasy mammoth burgers or something.

Sorry to anyone else who's pissed off, I didn't enjoy it anymore than you did... except for that sushi, of course.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
Bart's rampant hostility was both surprising and amusing. I hope he diaf.

And what was that comment about OR being all hicks? You live in Grant's Pass, lol. Don't generalize. (That was he who said that, correct? >_>)

It would be SO awesome if the tournaments were held around midnight! I'm not joking, 'cause that's like just a bit after I get off work. It would be very convenient. =D

lmao
I know who ur talkin about know digital watches. the guy who said yes in the horny manner to all the naked chicks. champion status?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
GIVE ME A UNIFORM!

k.

*hands him the wizzards hat we see him in later*

how come none of the other generals have anything like this unif---
SILENCE!!!!!

Shadow-Worm

Smash Rookie
Hm... the turnout was pretty lame, but it probably would have been a more enjoyable experience... if we hadn't been locked out of the house....
Yup, and it probably would've been far better if you hadn't called the house, rang the doorbell, and kicked the door like a madman at 5am, without any consideration for all the persons sleeping inside, particularly those, like my mother, that aren't there as part of TANG and that thus have even MORE reason not to put up with your bull****. If you leave the house at 4:30 am in the morning, well knowing that everybody is going to ****ing bed, then, by common sense, you are ready to face the fact that everybody's going to be a-****ing-sleep by the time you get back and the doors might be locked as house doors often are in the wee hours of the night to prevent burglary. Even without common sense, you often come to realize this when the host tells you various times to be ****ing quiet in the halls, since his mother was sleeping, thing which you just couldn't get in your ****ing head time and time again after I told you to keep it down, and you again come to realize that it's a bad idea to leave at 4:30 am when the host keeps telling you that the doors will probably be locked when you get back since everyone's going to bed. Through common sense, you should also realize, that we're not all here to take care of you and serve your every ****ing need, and that you are a guest at someone else's house, thusly, a) you don't throw tantrums, b) you consider everyone else in the ****ing house, and particularly respect the kind people don't know you and who are letting you use the house out of good faith (my mother), c) you use your god **** ****ing good manners and are courteous, d) you consider the **** the host(s) have to go through to allow you so much free movement in and out of the house and try to make things easier for them by NOT compromising the safety of their household, e) it's a ****ing bad thing to wake up sleeping mothers in the middle of the ****ing night, particularly as a stranger hammering the **** out of her doorbell, f) you're ready to accept the conditions stated when the host tells you its best not to do something, and you don't act like a ****ing child about it when you do such a thing, but wait responsibly until one of your ****ing friends wakes up enough to come down and open the door.

You're ****ing lucky my father wasn't home, had it been him you woke up he'd have kicked your ****ing *** down the block. Seriously, I wasn't going to bring this up because it still pisses me off and it just makes me rant with anger, but where the ****ing hell are your manners? When you are a guest at someone's house, you behave with some decency and consideration for others, particularly your ****ing hosts and the conditions they set upon you so that you can use their premises.

If you hold a ****ing tournament, maybe I'll come break your doorbell at 5AM in the morning and wake up your parents to see how they like it.

The least thing you ought to be giving me is lip for your god**** issues and your problems respecting others who are kind to you, and realizing that they can't be looking after you every waking hour of the day and night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom