• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
-:4drmario:
+:4shulk:(getting completely ignored)
+:4link:(Everyone is ignoring him,why is he lower than :4drmario:)

Also, :4littlemac: has a lot of potential. Godly punish game, but requires almost perfection to play)

I think :4falcon:it's perfectly placed now, along :4kirby: and :4ryu:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4jigglypuff: +1 - The shield changes did her wonders.
:4drmario: +1 - Now he's even safer on shield. After careful consideration, I think he just might be better than Jigglypuff.
:4falco: +1 - Not nearly as bad as people say he is.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
If this is the last round of voting then I doubt I'll be able to make any last minute significant changes but...

+:4falco: Call it main biased, maybe you're right although I try not to be. However, I think his advantaged state is great and his bad neutral isn't as crippling as people make it out to be. At the very least I refuse to believe he's worse than wii fit trainer.
+:4myfriends: (This is an edit. The reasoning is somewhere a couple of pages in the future.)
-:4feroy: That's where DK should be.

if I had another vote I'd give it to Ike.

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
+:4yoshi: (Actually not related to bias, I just think that the sheild nerf helped him a lot.)
-:4feroy:
+:4miisword:

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4yoshi:I can see him as top 10 material with some more development.
+:4lucina:She's not THAT much worse than Marth. People continue to upvote Marth without Lucina and it's just creating a larger gap between the two.
-:4ryu:At this point in time, I can't see him as top 10. Yes, he's a threat, but him being placed this high seems premature.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Big House is showing that Rosalina and Pacman should both be top tier. This and 1.11 might be changing things even more now.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Btw it might have been better to have ended it last round, the new shield stun is literally going to shuffle the list around.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Btw it might have been better to have ended it last round, the new shield stun is literally going to shuffle the list around.
I don't think it would end if there's atleast 1-2 more balance patches and the dlc characters aswell.

mysteryracer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sacredrose
:4pikachu:+1 New shield stun mechanics make Pikachu's quick attack unpunishable. Better rushdown ability may make Pikachu the best in the game now.

:4luigi:-1 Nerf removed most of his ability to make up for his bad approach. May not be bad in the American metagame right now, since nobody likes to play spacey and defensive, but he'll only continue to get worse as the metagame learns to camp him to death (Japanese metagame already knows how to, so they don't consider him to be that great).

:rosalina:-1 Rushdown is much more effective on Rosalina & Luma now, making her less of a threat. Mains of this character will have a harder time camping the opponent out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:4pikachu:+1 New shield stun mechanics make Pikachu's quick attack unpunishable. Better rushdown ability may make Pikachu the best in the game now.

:4luigi:-1 Nerf removed most of his ability to make up for his bad approach. May not be bad in the American metagame right now, since nobody likes to play spacey and defensive, but he'll only continue to get worse as the metagame learns to camp him to death (Japanese metagame already knows how to, so they don't consider him to be that great).

:rosalina:-1 Rushdown is much more effective on Rosalina & Luma now, making her less of a threat. Mains of this character will have a harder time camping the opponent out.
Big House 5 would like to have a word with you about Rosalina(and other tournaments that aren't as important)

Dcas

Smash Journeyman

I love it how people are predicting this shield change will have a huge impact in game, where in reality it will be a minor change for certain characters. Loving the hyperbole.

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
Right third vote goes to Roy because I'll cry if he drops two tiers, he should only drop one tier.

+1 :4feroy:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
:4link:+1 He can't talk and hardly anyone speaks justly for him.
:4lucina:+1 No one believes in the waifu because Marth is prettier.
:4littlemac:+1 So what happens when he doesn't get gimped offstage ?

Also nice to see :4marth:and :4feroy: in their proper places now.

It seems people finally realized that this is the tier list for Smash 4 and not Melee.

Last edited:

kirby509

Smash Cadet
+ :lucas:(WAY TOO MANY DOWN-VOTES)
-:4ryu: (He's a threat, just a bit too high)
+:4palutena: (She isn't that bad)

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
:4lucina:+1 No one believes in the waifu because Marth is prettier.
Lol ikr?

Votes:

:4palutena:+1 After watching AeroLink play, I believe that her default move set is not THAT bad (although Lightweight clearly was the best option for down-b D: )

:4jigglypuff:+1 The shield change makes her approach a lot safer (I think N-air/f-air -> side-b is possible now?)

:4lucina:+1 Unpopular opinion

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Real votes:

+1 :4drmario: Charizard is better than him? Heh heh, no.
+1 :4tlink: Way underrated. He has fantastic set-ups with his bombs and boomerang, and he also has a self-comboing U-tilt and surprisingly good finishers and aerials.
+1 :4gaw: He's the mayor of Down-Throw City. How is he so low? (Used to be an "other opinion".)

Other opinions:

+1 :4pacman: So much potential with his zoning game, and Zage and Abadango prove his worth. (This would be a real vote, but I think the three I mentioned are low enough that they're higher priority.)
-1 :4feroy: Definitely not this high. The shield mechanic change made him worse, and his recovery is quite bad.
+1 :4marth: Just the opposite of Roy.
+1 :rosalina: After the last patch, she's definitely god-tier. (Used to be an actual vote.)

Last edited:

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
+1 :4myfriends:
+1 :4yoshi:
+1 :4marth: - This was a tossup between bringing roy down or marth up. I think they should be closer together and honestly I think that marth should be slightly higher. Roy looked like he was getting a lot of down votes though so I'll stick with this.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Real votes:
-1 :4feroy: Definitely not this high. The shield mechanic change made him worse, and his recovery is quite bad.
The shield changes made Roy's sweetspots and sourspots (Expect nair) safer, it didn't make him worse.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
+1 :4diddy:
+1 :4dk:
-1 :4ryu:

How the hell did Ryu ever rank higher than Diddy??

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+1 :4diddy:
+1 :4dk:
-1 :4ryu:

How the hell did Ryu ever rank higher than Diddy??
Ryu has been getting alot of rep lately, and he's still being studied on by those who don't play Street Fighter(besides the 22 second game with Trela).

Top Bottom