• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

kirby509

Smash Cadet
:4lucas:+ (Too low)
:4olimar:+ (Good results, can play offensively and defensively, builds damage easily, and has pretty good matchups.)
:4samus:+ (No Samus Tier allowed)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So we're calling it Hax tier now? I can dig.
:4jigglypuff:+1 (Dr. Mario is above Jigglypuff. I have a problem with this.)
:4mario:+1 (I still fail to see how Fox is better than him. I fail to see how Diddy is better than him.)
:4luigi:+1 (Why in the name of all things jiggly is Luigi in the same tier as ****ing Meta Knight?)

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Hax: :4sheik:

1: :4zss: :4pikachu:

2: :rosalina: :4ness: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4sonic:

3: :4luigi: :4metaknight: :4villager:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4ryu: :4wario: :4olimar: :4myfriends:

5: :4pacman: :4lucario: :4peach: :4rob: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4wiifit:

6: :4marth: :4greninja: :4dk: :4drmario: :4lucina: :4jigglypuff:

7: :4falco::4gaw::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac::4dedede: :4miisword: :4bowser: :4ganondorf:

8: :4zelda::4mewtwo: :4palutena: :4miigun:

9: :4samus:

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-1:4myfriends:His frame Data came up to me and shouted "DOWN VOTE ME!!!!!!!!!!" at me.

-1:4wiifit:That ain't Customs on WFT

+1:4kirby:REALLY wanna down vote Ness, but this is more important.

+1:4luigi: and -1:4ness: are really important too, but I can only vote 3.

Edit:So THAT'S where those Ikes went lol. I swear I didn't mean to do that

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Somehow this tier list got worse. Like way worse.

:4luigi:+1 Why would Luigi, a consistently placing character at tournaments, not be in the top two tiers?
:rosalina:+1 Character can easily be placed in the same tier as ZSS and Pikachu.
:4samus:+1 Guys Samus doesn't deserve her own tier. She has some stuff; there is no proof she is the worst character in the game.

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
Hey guys, I compared the new list with the old one, and here is a comparation of the rise and fall of characters!

Here is the old list for comparison (forgive me, I don't know how to put things in spoilers)

Quick instructions: number on the left is current tier, number on the right is amount of tiers the character rose or fell through.

Characters who rose in tier: (18)

:4wiifit:(34|+6)
:4drmario:(38|+6)
:4lucina:(39|+6)

:4myfriends:(19|+5)

:4olimar:(18|+3)
:4ganondorf:(49|+3)

:4zss: (2|+2)
:4falcon:(9|+2)
:4yoshi:(10|+2)
:4sonic:(11|+2)

:4ness:(5|+1)
:4fox:(6|+1)
:4diddy:(7|+1)
:4mario:(8|+1)
:4villager:(14|+1)
:4wario:(17|+1)
:4dk:(37|+1)
:4bowser:(48|+1)

Characters who remained stable in tier: (16)

:4sheik:(1|±0)
:4pikachu:(3|±0)
:4ryu:(16|±0)
:4feroy:(25|±0)
:4link:(26|±0)
:4duckhunt:(27|±0)
:4kirby:(28|±0)
:4robinf:(29|±0)
:4megaman:(30|±0)
:4shulk:(31|±0)
:4miibrawl:(32|±0)
:4tlink:(33|±0)
:4dedede:(46|±0)
:4miisword:(47|±0)
:4miigun:(53|±0)
:4samus:(54|±0)

Characters who fell in tier: (20)

:4mewtwo:(51|-1)
:4palutena:(52|-1)
:4pit::4darkpit:(15|-1)
:4rob:(23|-1)
:4lucas:(24|-1)
:4marth:(35|-1)
:4greninja:(36|-1)

:rosalina:(4|-2)
:4lucario:(21|-2)
:4peach:(22|-2)
:4bowserjr:(43|-2)
:4charizard:(44|-2)
:4littlemac:(45|-2)
:4zelda:(50|-2)

:4metaknight:(13|-3)
:4pacman:(20|-3)
:4jigglypuff:(40|-3)
:4gaw:(42|-3)

:4falco:(41|-5)

:4luigi:(12|-7)

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
As for my votes, though...

+1 :4falco:: Bottom 25%? Highly doubt it. If you search, you'll find quite a bit of competent Falco mains who can do stuff with the character.
+1 :4palutena:: Same reason as Falco, but even harder, because there are more competent Palu mains, with more results, and she's even lower. Kappa.
-1 :4samus:: Sorry boys, but a character that can't even link her freaking jab deserves :ganondorf: tier.

Not upvoting :4luigi: because enough people will do it.
Not up/downvoting :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: because we have like 4 rulesets regarding Miis and no idea which is being used here.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up Browny, I've noticed that there are two :4wiifit:'s in tier 5 and 7. O.o

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
:4duckhunt:-1
:4dk:+1
:4shulk:-1 Seriously, the more I play Shulk, the more I go "wow, this character has awful frame data". Jab is frame 6 and is slow to cancel with sidestep, dash attack is still crap, all his approach/swatting moves take forever to come out and can just be shield grabbed, easily juggled, smashes are slow and last only a few frames in the case of usmash and I think 1 frame in the case of fsmash.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Honestly, while I was worried for a while at the state of this list, it's looking pretty good now. Couple tweaks and I would consider it reasonably close to the community consensus.

:4drmario: -1 Doc has some decent attacks, but his crippling recovery and dependence on reads puts him in a tough spot. He's much more Ganondorf than he is Mario, but his punish game is nowhere near Ganon's level as far as I can tell.
:4greninja: +1 Seriously, how is he still this low? Post-1.1.0, he's super fast, decently strong, with a good projectile and reasonable recovery. Maybe he's not taking out Sheiks left and right, but he's certainly got better tools than the people he's currently lumped with.
:4rob: +1 This character is being slept on big time. Lots of pros have mentioned how terrified they are of good ROB's, and just looking at his attacks he seems to have some of everything. Good projectiles, solid combos, strong attacks, reasonable recovery.

U.Inaba

Smash Rookie
NNID
U.Inaba
3DS FC
4442-1471-2358
Sorry for my bad english.
-:4ness: (He's close to the perfect spot for me, but needs to go down a bit)
- :4yoshi:
-:rosalina: (I don't think she's top tier like ZSS or Sheik, she's at disadvantage against Sheik, Pikachu and ZSS, and gets extremely balanced MU against Fox, Diddy, Mario and Sonic, the only above average character that she destroys is Ness. Plus Rosalina has a recovery without hitbox, and she loses range + kill power while Luma is gone)
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not, i'm not an awesome player, but this is my opinion.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
:4falco:+1 Falco
:4feroy:-1 Roy
:rosalina:-1 Rosalina

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4kirby:+1: inb4 wintermelon likes this post. No but real talk every time I face Kirby (even a bad one), I still look at the frames and say 'Daaaamn.'
:4peach:+1: not good enough until she's overrated
:4falco:+1: Falco's buffs have been able to live up to the initial hype. I think he's ready to get his hands on some bigger bread.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Man, this list looks so much more professional in it's layout and so much cleaner looking than the last time I saw it.
Hax: :4sheik:

1: :4zss: :4pikachu:

2: :rosalina: :4ness: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4sonic:

3: :4luigi: :4metaknight: :4villager:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4ryu: :4wario: :4olimar: :4myfriends:

5: :4pacman: :4lucario: :4peach: :4rob: :4lucas: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4wiifit:

6: :4marth: :4greninja: :4dk: :4drmario: :4lucina: :4jigglypuff:

7: :4falco::4gaw::4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac::4dedede: :4miisword: :4bowser: :4ganondorf:

8: :4zelda::4mewtwo: :4palutena: :4miigun:

9: :4samus:
:4myfriends:-1 I don't believe Ike's all that great.
:rosalina:+1 I'm still of the belief that she's the second best character in the game and at least reckons a spot at tier 1.
:4luigi:+1 Stronker than ZSS. Seriously what's up with this guy, will people ever make up their minds?

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I was wonduring when somebody would up vote Rosalina, And when somebody would down vote Ike. Srrsly I should make a
#DownvoteIke

:4kirby:+1: inb4 wintermelon likes this post. No but real talk every time I face Kirby (even a bad one), I still look at the frames and say 'Daaaamn.'
:4peach:+1: not good enough until she's overrated
:4falco:+1: Falco's buffs have been able to live up to the initial hype. I think he's ready to get his hands on some bigger bread.
Wintermelon43 likes this

Last edited:

M15t3R E

Smash Master
:4jigglypuff:+1 (Not sure what kind of results she's getting but my good friend is notorious in our scene for taking games off players using high tier characters because he's absurdly good at using rest)
:4luigi:+1 (Everybody thinks so and I agree. He still goes at least even with many in the tier above him)
:4falcon:+1 (After watching CF videos including ZeR0 playing him it is easy to see what kind of potential this character has)

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Can anyone tell me why people are voting WFT (Who is BOTTOM tier) up!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!
She was buffed in the latest update, that's why.

As for Ike, I main him, so I can attest to him having a high mid-tier slot.

First off, he doesn't have that many flaws. He dashes at an average speed for a heavyweight, and his recovery is pretty decent, especially seeing as Quick Draw allows him to recover horizontally with ease, without a lot of charging on it. He doesn't have much of any weakness for his opponents to exploit.

Ike can even halt his opponent's attempts to take control of him. When recovering with Quick Draw or Aether, his hitboxes put gimping out of the question. If his opponent goes for an aerial combo, Eruption and Aether will thwart it. Eruption's charge can also help Ike adjust if the opponent fakes out and attacks at an unexpected time.

Ragnell is a pretty long sword, granting a lot of range, especially for someone without a projectile. This comes in handy for a few moves, namely the up air, forward smash, and up smash. Ike's range can stop enemy attacks without a lot of trouble by hitting him, and makes for edgeguarding prowess.

Due to sheer power and occasionally range, Ike can KO at low percents. He can kill with the vast majority of his moves, even a forward air or dash attack. Because of this, winning matches can be a breeze for Ike, more often than you might think.

Ike has proficiency in controlling the match. His strength and range are deadly when combined, and grant him the ability to comeback when at percents higher than that of his opponent. His special moves and overall knockback end the hope of starting a combo on him, and winning is rarely out of his grasp. So, that's why Ike should stay where he is.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Honestly, while I was worried for a while at the state of this list, it's looking pretty good now. Couple tweaks and I would consider it reasonably close to the community consensus.

:4drmario: -1 Doc has some decent attacks, but his crippling recovery and dependence on reads puts him in a tough spot. He's much more Ganondorf than he is Mario, but his punish game is nowhere near Ganon's level as far as I can tell.
:4greninja: +1 Seriously, how is he still this low? Post-1.1.0, he's super fast, decently strong, with a good projectile and reasonable recovery. Maybe he's not taking out Sheiks left and right, but he's certainly got better tools than the people he's currently lumped with.
:4rob: +1 This character is being slept on big time. Lots of pros have mentioned how terrified they are of good ROB's, and just looking at his attacks he seems to have some of everything. Good projectiles, solid combos, strong attacks, reasonable recovery.
I would like your post, but downvoting :4drmario: makes no sense. It's true that he has a pretty bad recovery and some slow moves, but he has a projectile, a flipper-reflector (albeit kinda bad), plenty of combos, and great power without losing considerable frame data. He's not nearly as high as Mario, but I think his current placement accurately shows what he's capable of. I would like to see him buffed, though...

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
:4Zelda: +1

Frankly, she is WAY too low. I'm seriously thinking she's at least moved up to C tier, B- even. Especially after this new patch.

Phantom has finally been fixed, she actually has a useful spacing tool/kill move/gimp

It's fully realized and you can truly see her kit blossom with it.

Up tilts FAF reduced by 3 frames, allowing her to know combo with it, 4 are guaranteed on characters like Fox and Zamus.

Her jab was buffed to 8%, it links better, Up Smash is much quicker when killing (% wise)

On stages like Battlefield, downthrow is pretty much a win if you can bait their spotdodge = free upsmash or free bair (frame 6 )

Nair is almost always guaranteed after downthrow ,excellent combo damage

Hell I use Zelda as a grappling character pretty much

Last edited:
Top Bottom