• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Tier: a row or level of a structure, typically one of a series of rows placed one above the other...a level or grade within the hierarchy of an organization or system.

each row by definition is a tier.

No, we may not be doing the SSS, SS, S, A etc thing, but as characters go up or down they do reside in literal tiers.

Which is why I find the OP's disclaimer to be something to ponder.
I think what he means is that the characters aren't ranked within their tiers yet...

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Buffed Emblem: Tier Ascention
:4lucina:+1
:4marth:+1
:4robinm:+1

Off Topic: Why no Jigglybuffs

Kibadude

Smash Rookie
mii brawler +1
luigi +1
roy -1
Duck Hunt -1
lucas -1
ryu -1
link -1
dk +1
lucario -1
greninja -1
robin +1
fox -1

Last edited:

Zigraine

Smash Rookie
Honestly, of all characters, :4lucario: needs a ****ing rebalance. His neutral is absolutely abysmal because he lacks options to do anything without aura.

Ideally, he should initiate combat w/ power equivalent to his current power at 60%, while he peaks instead at 145%, thus removing the atrocities he can commit at 180 with side-B.

The knockback on down and up throw should be decreased, though their hit stun and launch angle must be bolstered, in order to bestow upon our aura wielder a combo throw. Additionally, Dair, Ftilt, and Nair should be reverted to their Brawl glory. His Fsmash should trade offensive prowess for superior agility, and Extremespeed's end lag must be lessened.

Zigraine

Smash Rookie
Honestly, of all characters, :4lucario: needs a ****ing rebalance. His neutral is absolutely abysmal because he lacks options to do anything without aura.

Ideally, he should initiate combat w/ power equivalent to his current power at 60%, while he peaks instead at 145%, thus removing the atrocities he can commit at 180 with side-B.

The knockback on down and up throw should be decreased, though their hit stun and launch angle must be bolstered, in order to bestow upon our aura wielder a combo throw. Additionally, Dair, Ftilt, and Nair should be reverted to their Brawl glory. His Fsmash should trade offensive prowess for superior agility, and Extremespeed's end lag must be lessened.
My friend ZetaRokure mains him, so I do possess adequate knowledge.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Figured I'd vote based off the characters I play:

:4drmario:-1
:4samus:-1
:4zelda:+1

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
"NEUTRAL B IS BAD"

I'm honestly convinced that you haven't seen Zelda or you just don't know **** about her. Nayru's Love escapes Jab Cancels, has invincibility, catches rolls, and is great oos.

In neutral, she has dtilt as a great option. SH nair is a big Zelda approach and she has good range to space.

the only part you got right was her aerial game lacklusting as a whole.
Never before have I seen "lackluster" used a verb. I will use it like that from now on.

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
-1 :4dk:, :4pacman:. Why are they so high up? Can someone explain what they do well?
+1:4peach:. Extremely underrated character, not at many tourneys though.

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
:4wario2: bite alone poops on smash 4 meta because shield is such a big part of the metagame.
Fart is godlike in a 2stock format, with numerous inescapable set-ups.
Almost impossible to gimp. I'd say he has the 2nd best recovery in the game.
Aerial mobility rivals that of Yoshi and Jigglypuff
Rep is low but those who do main or use Wario almost always place high. (see Reflex, Abadango, Jeepysol, etc)

The only thing Wario lacks is range. Which isn't much of a problem.

Also if you think Wario is lackluster without the fully charged waft, the 2/3 charged waft comes out on frame 3 and still kills at 60% with guaranteed sheildbreak options

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Why the **** is everyone downvoting Wii Fit Trainer even though the buffs they got this update?
Wii Fit Trainer + 1( Buffs galore this patch)
Zelda + 1(Got some buffs this patch)
Kirby + 1(Or should i say, Wintermelon +1?) lol

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Why the **** is everyone downvoting Wii Fit Trainer even though the buffs they got this update?
Wii Fit Trainer + 1( Buffs galore this patch)
Zelda + 1(Got some buffs this patch)
Kirby + 1(Or should i say, Wintermelon +1?) lol
There's no way these buffs have made Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda are better than Bowser Jr. after these patches. They're still bottom tier.

(Like the Kirby vote though)

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
Did you even watch this year's EVO? Trust me, they're capable.
:4wario2: bite alone poops on smash 4 meta because shield is such a big part of the metagame.
Fart is godlike in a 2stock format, with numerous inescapable set-ups.
Almost impossible to gimp. I'd say he has the 2nd best recovery in the game.
Aerial mobility rivals that of Yoshi and Jigglypuff
Rep is low but those who do main or use Wario almost always place high. (see Reflex, Abadango, Jeepysol, etc)

The only thing Wario lacks is range. Which isn't much of a problem.

Also if you think Wario is lackluster without the fully charged waft, the 2/3 charged waft comes out on frame 3 and still kills at 60% with guaranteed sheildbreak options
Didn't watch EVO because I didn't have time, nor do I know much about these characters. They just didn't seem high Tier to me, as an "outsider." Thanks for informing me about the good qualities of Wario, I'll change his vote. :)

_gold_

Smash Master
Didn't watch EVO because I didn't have time, nor do I know much about these characters. They just didn't seem high Tier to me, as an "outsider." Thanks for informing me about the good qualities of Wario, I'll change his vote. :)
Vote how you will. I was just suggesting to do your research before voting.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
:4miisword: +1 (Many buffs reduced it's end lag overall and increased kill-power)

:4samus: -1

:4jigglypuff: +1

:rosalina: +1

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
There's no way these buffs have made Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda are better than Bowser Jr. after these patches. They're still bottom tier.

(Like the Kirby vote though)
IMO they have for Wii fit Trainer, and i dont see the downvoting there still. You have ur opinions, but wii fit trainer is, imo, better then bowser jr..

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
IMO they have for Wii fit Trainer, and i dont see the downvoting there still. You have ur opinions, but wii fit trainer is, imo, better then bowser jr..
Then where do you place Bowser Jr.? Since Bowser Jr.'s spot might be the problem

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
Let's go with the 3 I use most (replacing Shulk with Charizard though)

-1 :4sonic:: Been hit with quite a bit of nerfs. Don't think he's as viable as he was once before. Still decent but I think other people learning how to beat him are doing better. Don't see him winning any tournaments anytime soon. Unless ZeRo picks him up of course.
+1 :4marth:: Recent buffs made him a lot better. Changes him drastically, and I play him quite a bit. He's a lot better than people give him credit for. Of course, not on Melee/Brawl level, but still not that low.
+1 :4charizard:: Recently buffed as well. Powerful kill throws and punish game. Does not deserve to be this low.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
:4marth: +1 (Lot of Buffs)
:4zss: -1 (Shes really good, if it wasnt for her grab i'd accept her together with :rosalina:)
:pikachu:+1 (I feel like he's as good as Rosaluma, even better Now with The incusion of Dreamland where he has BF's platforms and can QAC on The ground [doubt it? Look at ESAM's YT channel])

Last edited:
Top Bottom