• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik: :rosalina:

2: :4zss: :4pikachu: :4luigi: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox: :4diddy::4mario: :4metaknight: :4falcon: :4darkpit: :4pit:

3: :4pacman: :4wario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4marth:
4: :4ryu::4tlink::4greninja::4falco::4jigglypuff::4dk::4gaw::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac::4zelda:

5: :4drmario: :4bowser: :4mewtwo: :4lucina: :4palutena: :4dedede: :4ganondorf: :4miisword: :4miigun:

6: :4samus:
:4jigglypuff:- 1 Still a bit too high as of now with all of the buffs everyone else received.
:4darkpit:- 1 Neither Pit or Dark Pit belong up here.
:4pit:- 1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
- 1 :4marth: HOW IS HE THIS HIGH
+1 :4dedede: Not this low
+1 :4bowser: Absolutely not this low

Also, I thought Dedede had enough votes to move up a tier?

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why Sheik lost her tier. She's clearly a cut above the rest of the cast. How many even match-ups does she even have? She's not Brawl MK, sure, but think about it. Brawl MK was over-powered because he invalidated most of the bottom tier. Against the top-tier, the characters who matter, Sheik's match-up spread is absolutely comparable to MK's.

Oh my god, I wish I had more votes. This list is really screwed up right now.

:4samus:+1 Samus tier isn't a thing
:4zelda:-1
:4wiifit:-1

Marcina is separated by two tiers and TL is a tier below Link lol:ohwell:
Marth, Robin, Link, Peach, DHD, Ike, WFT, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganon, DDD, Charizard all too high.
As the tier list stands now the difference between Samus and Zelda is just as big as the difference between Zelda and ZSS lol
I agree that Samus tier isn't a thing, but my solution would be to move characters down to give her company. I wanted to put Dedede down there with her, for one.

The list is def screwed up right now, but that's what happens post-patch. It'll smooth out soon enough. I hope.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
THIS IS CUSTOMS OFF. CHARACTERS ARE NOT RANKED WITHIN TIERS (FOR NOW)

Version 2.13 August 9. THREE VOTES ONLY FROM NOW ON

1: :4sheik: :rosalina:
2: :4zss: :4pikachu: :4luigi: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox: :4diddy::4mario: :4metaknight: :4falcon: :4darkpit: :4pit:

3: :4pacman: :4wario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4marth:

4: :4ryu: :4tlink: :4greninja: :4falco: :4jigglypuff: :4dk: :4gaw: :4wiifit: :4bowserjr: :4charizard: :4littlemac: :4zelda:

5: :4drmario: :4bowser: :4mewtwo: :4lucina: :4palutena: :4dedede: :4ganondorf: :4miisword: :4miigun:

6: :4samus:

[Spoiler/]
-1:4myfriends:Kirby, Mega Man, and Shulk are WAY too low, but I'd rather vote the characters that are too high down, rather than vote them up

-1:4wiifit:Ugh.

+1:4villager:Because Wario will probably get +5 while Villager gets like +1

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4robinm:-1: Now, how'd he get up there? I know he got buffs, but he's hardly good enough to be considered on-par with characters like Lucas and Shulk.
:4marth:-1: See above.
:4metaknight:-1: Again, no.
I also agree that Samus isn't in a tier of her own, but alas, I only have 3 votes.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
:4ryu:+1
:rosalina:-1
:4yoshi:-1

Sheesh! This "tier" list is a disaster...

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4dedede:+1 no buffs this patch hurt him, but I won't rest until he's out of bottom five, for goodness sake.

:4pit:-1 He's a good character, but come on now.
:4darkpit:-1 Just because you listen to Black Veil Brides doesn't mean you deserve anything better.

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
-1 :4metaknight:- I don't see him as that high.
-1 :4dk:- isn't he bottom Tier? Or at least near bottom Tier?
+1 :4peach: she's fine where she is. Doesn't need to move down.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+1:4wiifit:The buffs she got hepled her alot
-1:4darkpit::Not better than Pit, and most of his moves take longer to ko. :4pit: on the other hand can stay, he's won tournaments, and unlike Dark Pit, there's more people maining him only(so Nairo doesn't count, neither do five year olds like Acestarthe3rd says).
+1:4ryu::Definition of high tier/top tier fighting character, people are just to lazy to use him in tournaments.

D

Deleted member

+1 :4ryu: To tier 3!
+1 :4lucina: To tier 4!
+1:4greninja: To tier 3!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
Based off of LTC 3...
:4lucario:+ 5th is absolutely stellar at a national. Kami, among others, is breaking the boundaries of :4lucario:'s meta with his insane ASC cancel gimmick.
:4mario:+ Zenyou and Ally performed brilliantly with this character. Zenyou vs Kami was the most invigorating set of the year for me personally.
:4link:-

I'm working on a brief analysis of :4samus:'s fundamental flaws.

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
we need more tiers in of themselves. this list is returning to a clumping mess of nonsense.
+:4sheik: higher ceiling
-:4samus: deeper basement
-:4kirby: to induce salt

:kirby:...winter is coming....:kirby:

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
we need more tiers in of themselves. this list is returning to a clumping mess of nonsense.

Voting somebody down to induce salt is a terrible idea -_-

_gold_

Smash Master

This is why we can't have nice things.
Voting Samus down, when she already is in dead last, serves no valid purpose.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
This is why we can't have nice things.
Voting Samus down, when she already is in dead last, serves no valid purpose.
It's people like him that ruin this tier list.

Voting Sheik up and Samus down when they're already at the top and bottom (Samus in her own tier, which prevents from doing any good) and Kirby down to make people salty

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
I explicitly stated my reasons, if you dont understand them, then that is your fault.

we once had 8 tiers, remember that.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I explicitly stated my reasons, if you dont understand them, then that is your fault.

we once had 8 tiers, remember that.
Yeah but that Kirby reason..... to make people salty? (My apolguies if i'm not understanding it properly)

Also Samus can't go futher down, Browny doesn't make empty tiers (Although It's possible for that to happen if someone else go down)

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :4drmario: WAY underrated without customs. He still has good kill moves and combos.
-1 :4darkpit: At least normal Pit doesn't SD at a missed gimp with side-B...
+1 :4littlemac: People just don't know how to play him. He's not top tier, but he's definitely mid-low at LEAST.

Last edited:

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
+1 :4kirby: Honestly one of the most underrated characters in Smash 4. Customs off, he still really good with his recent buffs. With customs on, he has the potential to be Top 10.He can play well against a lot of the top characters and has a pretty deadly offstage game if used effectively. I've managed to get 3rd place and Top 8/ Top 16 at tournies that are stacked with great players using only Kirby, and I think a player better than myself can push him either further.

-1:4marth: Not to be one of those people, but in Smash 4 I don't think Marth is that good and should be close to Samus. He simply just doesn't have a good kit to compete with the rest of the cast effectively.

+1:4duckhunt: Another character that is underrated immensely. Duck Hunt Dog really reminds me of Pac Man in a sense that he can be great when we see the right player use him.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
+1 :4kirby: Honestly one of the most underrated characters in Smash 4. Customs off, he still really good with his recent buffs. With customs on, he has the potential to be Top 10.He can play well against a lot of the top characters and has a pretty deadly offstage game if used effectively. I've managed to get 3rd place and Top 8/ Top 16 at tournies that are stacked with great players using only Kirby, and I think a player better than myself can push him either further.

-1:4marth: Not to be one of those people, but in Smash 4 I don't think Marth is that good and should be close to Samus. He simply just doesn't have a good kit to compete with the rest of the cast effectively.

+1:4duckhunt: Another character that is underrated immensely. Duck Hunt Dog really reminds me of Pac Man in a sense that he can be great when we see the right player use him.
That's so true on the Kirby part. He has top 10 potentntial and IMO will end up that high by 3-4 years. Jigglypuff will also probablybe top 15. Both of them's only problems is lack of representation showing off their true potentntial. Serlynder or whatever and Hungreybox don't go to many tournaments, and Mikekirby's on a vacation for the rest of Augest

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
:4marth:+1
I think Marth should move a bit higher up on Tier 3 because I feel he has a pretty good match up against those up on this tier (Ex. Roy, Ike, Shulk, Lucario)
:4lucario: -1
I can't really see Lucario doing well against someone like Roy who can kill Lucario early or Link who can zone him easily
:4wiifit: +1
She got massively buffed and doesn't have much tournament representation but I can't see how she's lower than Donkey Kong

Number Three

Smash Cadet
:4tlink: +1 He's 10x better than Link
:4link: -1 Link DOES NOT deserve to be above characters like Shulk, Mega Man, and Kirby. Also, Toon Link is so much better than him. Why do people think Link belongs here?
:4robinm:/:4robinf: -1 Okay, I realize he/she got some pretty good buffs, but he/she is still not great. They're tier 4 at best imo

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
:4marth:+1
I think Marth should move a bit higher up on Tier 3 because I feel he has a pretty good match up against those up on this tier (Ex. Roy, Ike, Shulk, Lucario)
:4lucario: -1
I can't really see Lucario doing well against someone like Roy who can kill Lucario early or Link who can zone him easily
:4wiifit: +1
She got massively buffed and doesn't have much tournament representation but I can't see how she's lower than Donkey Kong
Voting doesn't affect order within tier, it only moves a character up/down tiers, so all that vote does is say that Marth is the same tier as ZSS, Pikachu, Mario, etc lol

Last edited:

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
Ness +1: Anyone who knows what they're doing with PK Fire can work wonders with his down air buff as well as deal with his horrible Rosalina matchup.
Yoshi -1: Yoshi is good, but should not in any way be ranked higher than Sonic, who shuts him down completely.
Lucas +1: The grab and framedata buffs are enough to send him into A, hands down. This character just became viable. Pink Fresh's recent performance should be proof enough.

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
-1:4myfriends:Kirby, Mega Man, and Shulk are WAY too low
Kirby is at tier 3. How is he too low? If anything, he's too high.

- :4kirby:
- :4marth: He should NOT be two tiers above :4lucina:
+ :4jigglypuff:

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say that this tier list looks pretty messed up right now. Also guys, characters are not ranked within their tiers, meaning that Marth isn't bellow Shulk and Link isn't above Shulk either.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Kirby is at tier 3. How is he too low? If anything, he's too high.

- :4kirby:
- :4marth: He should NOT be two tiers above :4lucina:
+ :4jigglypuff:

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say that this tier list looks pretty messed up right now. Also guys, characters are not ranked within their tiers, meaning that Marth isn't bellow Shulk and Link isn't above Shulk either.
Yeah but tier 3 is really big. Also, when a character goes downa tier, they are placed above the other characters in that tier (The next people to go down the tier above would go above THOSE people too, and so on.). Kirby is in 28 th, NOT 16 - 33

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
People are STILL voting Jigglypuff up! This is gorgeous! At this rate, she'll be too high. Poor Samus, though. Can't help but feel sorry for her. Is she really that bad?
:4drmario:+1
:4mario:+1
:4pit:-1

Top Bottom