• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
MK's u-throw kills all pikmin except for purple I think, and Meta knight has a lot if moves to get pikmin off of him and invade Olimar at the right time. I think it's in MK's favour but that's my opinion.
It doesn't kill purple pikmin as purple pikmib does not stick 2 player

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Surprised Link started in D tier...

anyway,

Original :4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:
My vote :4bowser::4duckhunt::4pacman::4jigglypuff::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:

+1 for Duck Hunt
-1 for Jigglypuff

warionumbah2

Smash Master
We do?

Looking around on the Megaman boards for match-up threads, I rarely, if ever, see any discussion about Megaman vs Metaknight. I think the most problematic match-ups for Megaman that appear with some frequency are usually faster characters that can get past pellets, like Fox or Shiek, or those with projectiles that are more spammable like Rob.

Not really much Metaknight discussion over at the Megaman match-up threads.

Granted, I don't have much personal experience in the match-up.
On the competitive thread i clock posts being pretty pessimistic about MK, i don't think its bad at all though.

It doesn't kill purple pikmin as purple pikmib does not stick 2 player
It takes 2 dtilts after 1 up throw to kill purples. They all bundle together when MK sends Oli up so they always get hit by MK who's turned into a hitbox on the way down.
Just because Meta Knight has a favorable matchup against some of the characters above him doesn't mean he should automatically be higher than them on a tier list, otherwise Samus would be joint top tier with Fox on the Melee tier list. A tier list shows where a character sits when taking all matchups into account, and Meta Knight has a lot of difficult ones because of his lack of reach and projectiles combined with his minor KO power. Toon Link for example absolutely floors him with his projectile wall, none which Meta Knight can absorb with his Mach Tornado.

For the most part Meta Knight has decent matchups against a lot of the cast, but there are very few that he counters and a good handful that hard-counter him (Lucario being the most notable), therefore he logically ends up as being a bit below average imo.
If MK had Kirby level mobility then he would struggle against ALL projectile zone based characters, which certainly isn't the case Kirby can get walled for days by Tink once Kirby gets in Tink can haul ass and run with his overwhelming dash speed. He cannot wall a MK who's running into shield and staying at mid range allowing him to punish his moves on reaction, when Tink has no bomb in hand he's pretty helpless.

When you're a fast character there's no need to be afraid of projectiles when you can dash into shield to close alot of ground. He has similar sword range to MK, but lacks good mid range options against MK without a bomb in hand. Also 6 jumps and you still get walled out hello?

Lucario is only hard because if you miss your kill setups you're screwed, atm no MK users other than Itol is abusing Dtilt kill set ups which can kill more reliably than others. At high percents down throw should never be used its so easy to DI, if you wanna kill use forward throw into SL.

Taking Lucario to low ceiling stages is a dream, sadly helbird gets stage striked first cause its rule no.1 against a MK, so TnC is the next best thing i guess. Will say its in his favor since MK users need to refine his vast kill confirms, he's definitely not a hard counter.

MK has 2 somewhat booty MU's one of them becoming less scary(by alot) if you don't take him to FD.

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
my vote:
:4jigglypuff::4bowser::4marth::4duckhunt::4pacman::4metaknight::4darkpit:
original:
:4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:

+2 Marth
+1 Jigglypuff

I think Marth has a lot of tools for racking damage, but has trouble killing people (from my perspective at least). Its not like the melee days, but he still has potential (if you short hop). Quite frankly, I think he is under-played.:marthmelee:

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

Wow what a close round, pacman JUST getting ahead of jpuff to go up a tier while the final vote was enough to send marth down and dark pit moving MK down a place.

Onto d tier now!

:4megaman::4robinf::4olimar::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4pacman:

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
:4megaman::4robinm::4olimar::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4pacman:

Okay so right off the bat I think :4link: should move up a tier. He's no A-Tier material but he's certainly not D-Tier either. Huge difference between Brawl and now.

So, my order is:
:4robinm::4megaman::4olimar::4pit::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4pacman::4wario:

:4link: moved up to C-Tier
:4robinm: +1
:4myfriends: +1
:4kirby: +1
:4wario: -1
:4tlink: +1

patrickthekid

Smash Cadet
Didn't think the vote down was needed, but I agree with Pac-Man being the best in that group. On to the next one:

:4megaman::4olimar::4pit::4robinf::4wario::4myfriends::4tlink::4link::4kirby::4pacman:[

Voting to move Kirby down a tier. Always thought he was overrated. He doesn't get nearly as much off his throws even from Brawl. A slightly better walk speed won't help his diminished punish game.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
:4olimar::4megaman::4robinm::4kirby::4tlink::4pit::4myfriends::4pacman::4link:

Kirby up a tier
(If Kirby wasn't in this I would vote up Toon Link, but I would rather vote up Kirby)

Ike down a tier.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Just cuz I wrecked you in anthers ladder lol wut a screb
Dude, you know that battle was crap, I punished you so hard cuz of all the things that left kirby open. I think kirby has a good combo game, but it's all repeated, and isn't all too great. I believe that kirby is better than kirby too in spacing, options, and kill combos, so I think Kirby is lowered. has nothing to do about you beating me once. lol

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Dude, you know that battle was crap, I punished you so hard cuz of all the things that left kirby open. I think kirby has a good combo game, but it's all repeated, and isn't all too great. I believe that kirby is better than kirby too in spacing, options, and kill combos, so I think Kirby is lowered. has nothing to do about you beating me once. lol
I agree, Kirby's not that great. Super short reach, worse air game than Jigglypuff, Down B is too readable, Side B is too situational to be viable, and he just doesn't have the speed that other small short-reach characters have (like Pikachu). The only thing he has going for him is his recovery but even then I can KO him with Link's F-tilt at like 85%. I think D-Tier is the most reasonable spot for him.

I'm very curious on how this tier list is going to form compared to Event Hub's. The high tiers look very similar between the two so far. Literally, the only difference in the top 15 so far is Luigi is in top 15 here, and Link and Villager is in top 15 there.

Last edited:

Horizont

Smash Cadet
Marth got moved down farther than he already was haha! Might as well continue contributing to this wholly inaccurate list because why not?

:4megaman::4robinf::4olimar::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4pacman:

My Vote:
:4olimar::4robinf::4megaman::4wario::4pit::4tlink::4pacman::4kirby:

Ike down a tier, Link up a tier.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
*Shakes salt*

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I agree, Kirby's not that great. Super short reach, worse air game than Jigglypuff, Down B is too readable, Side B is too situational to be viable, and he just doesn't have the speed that other small short-reach characters have (like Pikachu). The only thing he has going for him is his recovery but even then I can KO him with Link's F-tilt at like 85%. I think D-Tier is the most reasonable spot for him.

I'm very curious on how this tier list is going to form compared to Event Hub's. The high tiers look very similar between the two so far. Literally, the only difference in the top 15 so far is Luigi is in top 15 here, and Link and Villager is in top 15 there.
Even though Jiggly does have a an amazing air game, Kirby has an amazing offstage game and is an excellent gimper. A good Kirby could get a d-air to footstool and end a stock quickly. Kirby's ground game isn't bad either, it's not complete trash. His jab is good, u-tilt is amazing, etc. He might be repetitive, but getting an u-tilt string on a fast faller gets them to 33% + an u-air and b-air = 61%. This works on ANY fast faller. His match ups are decent, and a lot of characters can't challenge him off stage.

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
Jigglypuff is Better

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
Even though Jiggly does have a an amazing air game, Kirby has an amazing offstage game and is an excellent gimper. A good Kirby could get a d-air to footstool and end a stock quickly. Kirby's ground game isn't bad either, it's not complete trash. His jab is good, u-tilt is amazing, etc. He might be repetitive, but getting an u-tilt string on a fast faller gets them to 33% + an u-air and b-air = 61%. This works on ANY fast faller. His match ups are decent, and a lot of characters can't challenge him off stage.
No offense to you matt you never gimp with Kirby. As time has passed you have made your Kirby much less of an offstage character. Whenever you get an opponent offstage you never go far in for a gimp. You usually charge a forward smash on edge and occasionally shorthop forward air on ledge. Jiggly and I on the other hand will go far out for gimps. When you started playing Kirby you would often footstool into down air for a spike. You have completely stopped doing this. And as far as the anthersladder match between you and Jiggly that was one set. You can't make a definitive statement on who's better because of one match taking place several months ago :/

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
No offense to you matt you never gimp with Kirby. As time has passed you have made your Kirby much less of an offstage character. Whenever you get an opponent offstage you never go far in for a gimp. You usually charge a forward smash on edge and occasionally shorthop forward air on ledge. Jiggly and I on the other hand will go far out for gimps. When you started playing Kirby you would often footstool into down air for a spike. You have completely stopped doing this. And as far as the anthersladder match between you and Jiggly that was one set. You can't make a definitive statement on who's better because of one match taking place several months ago :/
Lets recap a minute:

I never said I go offstage, I said Kirby is GOOD offstage, don't start bashing ME, just join the argument on the CHARACTER.

Secondly, I never said I was better than Jiggly, I made a joke about a funny anthers ladder game, that's why I said "wut a screb" and not "JIGGLY IS SO BAD LOOOOOOOOL". It's REALLY obvious sarcasm, that you never seem to get.

Thirdly, you were texting me 30 seconds ago, tell me your **** talk on text before making it public on the forums (like you always do).

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
Lets recap a minute:

I never said I go offstage, I said Kirby is GOOD offstage, don't start bashing ME, just join the argument on the CHARACTER.

Secondly, I never said I was better than Jiggly, I made a joke about a funny anthers ladder game, that's why I said "wut a screb" and not "JIGGLY IS SO BAD LOOOOOOOOL". It's REALLY obvious sarcasm, that you never seem to get.

Thirdly, you were texting me 30 seconds ago, tell me your **** talk on text before making it public on the forums (like you always do).
Cause your soooooo much better sitting there bashing my Marth all day long on forum

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
From now on I'm putting a ** beside my sarcasm posts to notify wild Xyros of my sarcasm

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I completely agree. Thats why I think people are being too harsh with moving him down a tier. He's fine at D

Top Bottom