• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Why is everyone voting Meta Knight down, he is already too low lol. He even got mid/high-mid in the new japanese tier list, if that counts for something. He also has surprisingly good tournament rankings, even if not many people enter as him. We have two reigning only first place rankings, and he is good.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Why is everyone voting Meta Knight down, he is already too low lol. He even got mid/high-mid in the new japanese tier list, if that counts for something. He also has surprisingly good tournament rankings, even if not many people enter as him. We have two reigning only first place rankings, and he is good.
Everybody downvotes MK because he is not as good/dominant as anyone above him.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Everybody downvotes MK because he is not as good/dominant as anyone above him.
This is so wrong i don't know where to start. I bet you never played a good MK nor used him to a decent level, if you live near England I'll gladly play you tomorrow when im free.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
This is so wrong i don't know where to start. I bet you never played a good MK nor used him to a decent level, if you live near England I'll gladly play you tomorrow when im free.
This'll be fun

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
From better to worse:
:4bowser::4pacman::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:
BTW, I use Bowser the most in Sm4sh for brawn power.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Original::4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4marth: :4metaknight::4darkpit:
My Vote: :4jigglypuff::4bowser::4marth: :4metaknight::4duckhunt: :4pacman::4darkpit:

Jigglypuff moves up: Take it from a Jiggs main, Jiggs is better than E tier. Just a bit higher. So are half the characters in this tier, but I only get to pick one so...
Duck Hunt moves down: He's too awful at everything to be here.

Can't wait until we get to G, that tier's in horrible disarray. High/mid tiers are looking okay though with the exception of Ike.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Original::4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4marth: :4metaknight::4darkpit:
Vote: :4bowser: :4duckhunt: :4jigglypuff: :4metaknight::4pacman::4marth::4darkpit:

Bowser up, Dark Pit down.

As for the Meta Knight debate, he's perfectly fine in this tier, he'd easily be the best character in F tier but also by far the worst in D tier, E suits him well.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
As for the Meta Knight debate, he's perfectly fine in this tier, he'd easily be the best character in F tier but also by far the worst in D tier, E suits him well.
:4wario2::4pit: are the only ones in that bracket that i can agree with maybe being better than MK but MU wise they go even with him. At least give reasons as to why you think E suits him.

Worst in D tier... MK doesn't lose badly to any of these guys especially these :4kirby::4olimar::4megaman::4link:. At worst Pit and Wario go even on him.

MM mains think MK is MMs hardest MU and Olimars pikman get wiped out by Up throw then 1 dtilt 2 for purples. Once they're all gone whats he gonna do to a character with disjoints,better mobility,dash grab like falcons,dash attack that crosses up shields like ZSS and vertical combo's/kill moves?

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Near England,

for example playing them on WiFi if you live in Ireland, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Sweeden, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Denmark

I trust that answers your question? Now stop starting **** in this thread.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
:4wario2::4pit: are the only ones in that bracket that i can agree with maybe being better than MK but MU wise they go even with him. At least give reasons as to why you think E suits him.

Worst in D tier... MK doesn't lose badly to any of these guys especially these :4kirby::4olimar::4megaman::4link:. At worst Pit and Wario go even on him.

MM mains think MK is MMs hardest MU and Olimars pikman get wiped out by Up throw then 1 dtilt 2 for purples. Once they're all gone whats he gonna do to a character with disjoints,better mobility,dash grab like falcons,dash attack that crosses up shields like ZSS and vertical combo's/kill moves?
I agree completely, and I think he should be higher. Sadly, the salty people who have never played MK but know he's not OP downvote him for whatever reason. Heck, he has a kill combo at 50%!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
what the **** is "near england"

why wouldn't you say "in england"

what the **** is "near england" but not "in england"

do you own a goddamn private jet

what the **** does the word "near" mean to you
Have you ever looked at a map

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
england is still big. if someone was "near england" but not in england they could be up to 500 miles away. that's not close enough to drive to fight someone.
England fits multiple times into certain states in my country so it doesn't seem big to me. Over there you can get train rides to other countries that take a couple hours max.

SSS

Smash Ace
England fits multiple times into certain states in my country so it doesn't seem big to me. Over there you can get train rides to other countries that take a couple hours max.
That's crazy. But I live in SoCal which is arguably the best region for Melee so if someone is more than a half hour drive I'm not doing it.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
MM mains think MK is MMs hardest MU
We do?

Looking around on the Megaman boards for match-up threads, I rarely, if ever, see any discussion about Megaman vs Metaknight. I think the most problematic match-ups for Megaman that appear with some frequency are usually faster characters that can get past pellets, like Fox or Shiek, or those with projectiles that are more spammable like Rob.

Not really much Metaknight discussion over at the Megaman match-up threads.

Granted, I don't have much personal experience in the match-up.

Last edited:

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
Original::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:
Votes::4jigglypuff::4bowser::4marth::4duckhunt::4metaknight::4pacman::4darkpit:
I vote Jigglypuff up a tier (Long live Puff!)
(I wish I could vote up :4jigglypuff:&:4marth:)
I vote PacMan Down a tier :4pacman:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Original: :4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4marth: :4metaknight::4darkpit:
My Votes:
:4bowser::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4pacman::4metaknight::4darkpit::4marth:
Duck Hunt goes up, Blue-Haired Swordsman goes down.
PAC-MAN seems fine sitting in the middle all cozy.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Original: :4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4marth: :4metaknight::4darkpit:
My vote: :4bowser: :4pacman: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4darkpit: :4metaknight: :4marth:

I vote Pacman up a tier and Marth down a tier.

Didn't anybody else see Pacman get top 8 at Apex??

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Just because Meta Knight has a favorable matchup against some of the characters above him doesn't mean he should automatically be higher than them on a tier list, otherwise Samus would be joint top tier with Fox on the Melee tier list. A tier list shows where a character sits when taking all matchups into account, and Meta Knight has a lot of difficult ones because of his lack of reach and projectiles combined with his minor KO power. Toon Link for example absolutely floors him with his projectile wall, none which Meta Knight can absorb with his Mach Tornado.

For the most part Meta Knight has decent matchups against a lot of the cast, but there are very few that he counters and a good handful that hard-counter him (Lucario being the most notable), therefore he logically ends up as being a bit below average imo.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Just because Meta Knight has a favorable matchup against some of the characters above him doesn't mean he should automatically be higher than them on a tier list, otherwise Samus would be joint top tier with Fox on the Melee tier list. A tier list shows where a character sits when taking all matchups into account, and Meta Knight has a lot of difficult ones because of his lack of reach and projectiles combined with his minor KO power. Toon Link for example absolutely floors him with his projectile wall, none which Meta Knight can absorb with his Mach Tornado.

For the most part Meta Knight has decent matchups against a lot of the cast, but there are very few that he counters and a good handful that hard-counter him (Lucario being the most notable), therefore he logically ends up as being a bit below average imo.
Meta Knight actually doesn't get destroyed by Toon Links. Side B eats up boomerang and bow, only bomb isn't, yet dimensional cape can beat it. Meta Knight is only hard countered by Lucario and Sonic.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4bowser::4metaknight::4pacman::4marth::4darkpit:

I vote Jigglypuff up a tier, she's the best choice here as much as I want Meta to move up.
Also, is Metaknight actually any good against Olimar? I can understand the others, but for some reason Meta knight vs Olimar is my hardest match up. (maybe I just suck at the matchup though.)

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Before changes : :4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4marth: :4metaknight::4darkpit:

Changed : :4duckhunt::4pacman: :4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4darkpit::4metaknight: :4marth:
(DHD +2 , Pac-man +2, Bowser -2, Jiglypuff -2, D.Pit +2, Marth -2)

I vote D.Pit to go up a tier
(I'm voting no one to go down a tier)
---------------
Again, I'm voting in D.Pit for consistency.
Other way around, I should vote MK to go up a tier.
MK is the most underated character of the game.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
:4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4bowser::4metaknight::4pacman::4marth::4darkpit:

I vote Jigglypuff up a tier, she's the best choice here as much as I want Meta to move up.
Also, is Metaknight actually any good against Olimar? I can understand the others, but for some reason Meta knight vs Olimar is my hardest match up. (maybe I just suck at the matchup though.)
MK's u-throw kills all pikmin except for purple I think, and Meta knight has a lot if moves to get pikmin off of him and invade Olimar at the right time. I think it's in MK's favour but that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom