• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

I forgot who I voted for. Anyway, once again there was enough 2-tier movements for me to continue this phase for another week.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
+1:4lucario:: Where's all the Lucario hate coming from?

+1:4samus:: I think she has enough tools and options to be mid tier now.

+1:4marth:: I strongly believe that Marth has potential, tools, and enough evidence to back up him being at the lower end of the tier above. His buffs, tied in with the nerfing of his toughest matchups, only makes his matchup spread much nicer (of which he only realistically loses to around 4-5ish characters). Most importantly, Marth has been getting a steady and constant stream of results since his buffs (including a 5th, 4th and 3rd placement only this weekend). Still no where near as effective as Brawl Marth, but now a very capable and viable character.

+1:4peach:: I still don't understand why she's this low. An incredibly hard character to master, but incredibly versatile and scary when mastered.

+1:4greninja:: (edit) It's the 2nd day into this round and Greninja already has 6 downvotes = down 2 tiers... that would be an incorrect placement for him, so this is mainly to keep him up a bit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4ganondorf:+1 For sure, he's at least better than Dedede.
:4greninja:-1 Far too high for my liking.
:4cloud:+1 Don't think he's worse than Sonic or Sheik. Should be top 5 for sure.
:4samus:+1 Why'd she get this low, especially with the amount of results she's been getting after 1.1.5?
:4lucina:+1 Too far away from Marth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furret24

Smash Master
:4gaw: -1 I just can't see this guy in mid tier. I still don't know why so many people upvoted him. :/
:4kirby: -1 I don't know how he got to upper mid tier. Only lower mid at best. >.>
:4ryu: +1 Definitely should be in high tier.
:162:

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Uhhh... There are two Clouds... I guess he's so good that he deserves to be in tier 1 AND tier 2.

+1:4mario:
-1:4sonic:
-1:4greninja:
+1:4dk:
+1:4pacman:

I might edit this later but probably not.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
UPDATED :)

I forgot who I voted for. Anyway, once again there was enough 2-tier movements for me to continue this phase for another week.
Hey, theres two Clouds on the list. May want to fix that, haha.

+:4fox:
+:rosalina:
-:4cloud:
-:4diddy:
-:4ryu:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+:4gaw: There's a long post on page 251 that explains why he should be mid tier.
+:4pacman: Say what you want, I still think Pac has what it takes, especially after Koolaid's performance at Pound.
+:4ryu: Why don't some people realize that he still has crazy combos, great frame data, and NO NERFS? Sure, Bayonetta might be easier to play for the "same" reward, but Ryu has far better frame data than her to consider.
-:4falcon: I feel like his mediocre neutral game (and lack of projectile), easily gimpable recovery, and few good TRUE combos is enough to keep him at top of mid tier.
+:4miigun: With that in mind, I feel like full customs Gunner is definitely mid tier with the various zoning and killing projectiles she has.

Edit: Changed :4ganondorf: upvote to :4gaw: upcote.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
:4kirby: -1 even I have to admit that's pretty high, Tier 4 somewhere close to the bottom seems legit for him.
:4peach:+1 People will never understand this character -_- she so deserves to be higher.
:4bowser:+1 Eh, Why not?
:4ganondorf:-1 I'm still really having a hard time seeing if he's better then Zelda.
:4zelda:+1 Not saying she's good, but she's a little too underestimated a lot of the time.

Reserving my votes, seriously need to see others before I make changes

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
-:4sonic:
+:4pikachu:

Gonna save my other 3 for a later time

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Has great combos, good advantage state, and other reason that I can't think of right now
Even so, Kirby really doesn't warrant being in tier 3, let alone upvoting to tier 2. There are plenty of characters that deserve that spot more than Kirby.

IMO, Kirby is around tier 4. I don't think he's good enough to be higher, but I don't think he's bad, and thus, shouldn't be any lower.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I have never posted in this thread before, but I saw Kirby's placement and figured I would contribute with the only vote I feel confident talking about.

:4kirby: -1

Kirby has had tournament presence with players such as SmashG0d and more recently Kid Goggles at Pound 2016. The character clearly has potential to compete.

However, seeing the characters that are listed below Kirby, I honestly can't see Kirby being higher than Marth or maybe even Robin for example. The main issue I see is consistency, Kirby seems to appear once in a blue moon and it may even be lack of matchup experience that causes him to preform as well as he is now.

Just my 2 cents from a scrub Kirby main.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Um.....I think we should stop with the down votes for Kirby, that's already 5.
How much negative votes does someone need to drop down 2 tiers? Just want to make sure he doesn't end up in tier 5 where people up vote him again and make the same cycle go over and over.

If it happens I may have to change my vote for him to someone else.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
+:4ness:higher than this for sure, given his near-constant top 8 placings. i shouldn't even have to explain, and i sure am glad i didn't countervote last round.
+:4mewtwo:This guy won a national
+:4ryu:This kid is at least high tier
+:4pikachu:Tier 2 at best, but still up there
+:4lucas:Taiheita is making waves in Japan. He's seen as a near-top player over there with Lucas alone.

Last edited:

Smash Cadet
:4greninja: -1
:4ryu: +1
:4ness: +1
:4marth: +1
:4shulk: +1

Still honestly adamant that Marth is top 20. Shulk is underrated. Not going to up or downvote :4pikachu: because I think he should be higher but not too high. Wish I could upvote :4drmario: as well.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
:4ganondorf: +1 - I think he's tier 6 material, as some of his tools are quite frankly exceptional despite the plethora of issues that he has.

:4samus: +1 - Amazing theory, but in practice it doesn't translate as well as it could be. However, her results lately have been stellar, enough to warrant a tier 4 placement.

:4megaman: +1 - Likewise with Samus, he has amazing theory, but not everything in his kit flows well as it seems on paper. ScAtt has been putting a lot of work with this character recently.

:4greninja: -1 - A bit too high in my opinion, especially with the dire Sheik match-up that he has. On the other has, the MU has improved with the Sheik nerfs, with a prime example being the French regional a few days ago (don't know the exact specifics, but a Greninja came relatively high?).

:4gaw: -1 - Not seeing what makes him a mid tier.

Routa

Smash Lord
+:4miibrawl:
+:4miigun:
+:4miisword:
-:4gaw: (if given solid arguments, I might change the vote to other)
+:4link: Yes I did indeed change my Greninja vote to Link Upvote. I think Link suffers from "Was bad before so he has to be still bad" stigma. Link is a good character in singles and a powerhouse in doubles. Tbh the main reason why I am upvoting him is his performance in doubles (and in singles ofc). There is no need for this vote anymore

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I just want to say that people need to watch how much they down vote Sonic because we don't need s repeat.

EDIT:I also think Marth is tier 3, but I will talk about that later when I vote

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Seriously? People I highly recommend seeing other votes before voting yourself, this is already the 6th Kirby down vote, we need to be careful
There was also a Kirby upvote, so the overall movement for Kirby is -5. Since I feel that Kirby is near the bottom of tier 4, I am okay with my vote. I checked this before I voted.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
+1 :4mewtwo:
+1 :4megaman:
-1 :4kirby:

Top tier looks perfect aside from Sonic but people have already downvoted him. I will add my other votes later.

EDIT: These are my other 2 votes

+1 :4samus:
+1 :4palutena:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1::4bayonetta::4cloud::4zss::4diddy::rosalina::4sheik::4sonic:
2::4mario::4fox::4villager::4metaknight::4greninja:
3::4ness::4mewtwo::4ryu::4pikachu::4falcon::4corrin::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4rob::4dk::4yoshi::4lucario::4luigi::4kirby:
4::4pacman::4marth::4miibrawl::4lucas::4robinf::4peach::4olimar::4megaman::4wario::4lucina::4wiifit::4gaw:
5::4link::4shulk::4miigun::4bowser::4samus::4falco::4drmario::4bowserjr::4miisword::4littlemac::4charizard:
6::4feroy::4palutena::4duckhunt::4dedede:
7::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff:
+ 1 :4samus:
+ 1 :4mewtwo:
- 1:4greninja:
+ 1 :4ryu:
Saving last vote for later
Edit: I lied, now that everyone's moved on to the next page my last vote's effectively a secret! Muahahahaha!
- 1:4duckhunt:

Last edited:
Top Bottom