• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My cousin's over for Easter, and we were just doing miiverse, when this happened:
miiverse.png

We laughed so much at this. I blurred the number, but I was like, why am I not surprised.

This is why I love this stage lol.

You think that looks nice? It looks even more like a Digimon than the Pokemon I tend to complain about. It looks busy for the sake of being busy.

I'm one of the people who actually does like Mega Evolution, whether it's stolen from Digimon or not, but one thing that I liked about the differences between the 2 franchises was the designs, Pokemon always had more simple designs and Digimon designs tended to be monstrosities with spikes and things for no reason. They're each fine on their own, but I don't want the 2 design philosophies to get muddled together.
I don't think it's to bad. Very over designed, but it makes sense if a fusion fakemon. It is a lot like a digimon though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To me the difference between Pokemon and Digimon isn't so much their designs...Sure Digimon tends to have those characters with way too much detail at times but...I think it's more so their evolutions that sets them apart, and not just Digivolutions but how extreme the changes become...

With Charizard getting one of two megas...
Simple enough...A pokemon grows into basically a larger version of itself (usually), while getting one or two megas which is simply being a more powerful version of itself...

vs.

What the hell am I even looking at?
@_@'

also keep in mind the extremes in changes we get...Botamon (the little black cat head thing on the far left) can transform into one of any one of those Kaiju, Gundam, Dinosaur thingies you see on the page...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To me the difference between Pokemon and Digimon isn't so much their designs...Sure Digimon tends to have those characters with way too much detail at times but...I think it's more so their evolutions that sets them apart, and not just Digivolutions but how extreme the changes become...

With Charizard getting one of two megas...
Simple enough...A pokemon grows into basically a larger version of itself (usually), while getting one or two megas which is simply being a more powerful version of itself...

vs.

What the hell am I even looking at?

also keep in mind the extremes in changes we get...Botamon (the little black cat head thing on the far left) can transform into one of any one of those Kaiju, Gundam, Dinosaur thingies you see on the page...
To be fair though, Digimon's roots come from Tamagotchi toys. So it'd make sense that evolutions play a big part in the franchise.

It's the same reason why whenever the critters Digivolve in the anime, it's given the spotlight and all; It's the main focus.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The simplistic designs are to the new gens what the complicated designs were to the old. Both have always existed, but the prevalence has shifted. And some people prefer how it used to be.

Still, even with the growing complexity of Pokemon, it's not like they've thrown away the simplistic designs.
Look at Pokemon like Phantump or Klefki. Sure they're a bit more out there than let's say what Gen 1 had, but much like Gen 1 they aren't cluttered. They still give the overall theme of what they are meant to represent.

If you want a great example of an overly-complicated design, I point to Nomura's take on Batman:

Look at this. Where in any of this gives the slightest hint of practicality? There is so much detail in this it looks more like a set piece than a superhero suit.

And what about Batman himself? In between all the lines and spikes having spikes, where is the caped crusader? He's lost in all the footnotes.
I could've labeled this as Deathstroke and it'd be just as reasonable.

When Pokemon hits this level of insanity, then I can safely say Game Freaking is over-complicating. But 'till then I only see it as a progression of technology.
And I could point to any number of Gundam, Bayonetta enemies or even just dresses more complicated than that thing but that would also be comparing apples to oranges.

We're comparing Pokemon to themselves, not to an entirely different medium. Of course there are more complicated designs out there than even the new Pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair though, Digimon's roots come from Tamagotchi toys. So it'd make sense that evolutions play a big part in the franchise.

It's the same reason why whenever the critters Digivolve in the anime, it's given the spotlight and all; It's the main focus.
It's not just the Tamagotchi thing. That was more for the purpose of the franchise's "help them grow as monsters" ideal. The digivolution process came later than the first game, making it even more unique. The whole idea was for them to naturally grow/evolve and become stronger. That's why many of the lines looked akin to how Charizard's is. Simple, but natural growth. Later lines don't bother with that, as "natural lines" are far less focused on. Also, Digimon's biggest thing is that there isn't often a single one line. They can find many unique ways to grow. That's what separates it from Pokemon heavily. Eevee might've influenced the idea a bit, but that's hard to say. I mean, the first set of Digimon that were elementally similar like the Eeveelutions were(but Dragon-based) are Birdramon(Fire), Seadramon(Water), and Airdramon(Wind). Earth doesn't have one, but Earthdramon was a concept that was meant to complete the circle.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I wasn't saying its bad though don't get me wrong...

I'm just saying this is how the two actually differ from eachother...it isn't so much one has more complex designs than the other because Digimon has some very simplified designs as well, but its mainly the extreme changes in their evolutions...to the point where it sometimes makes absolutely no sense...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wasn't saying its bad though don't get me wrong...

I'm just saying this is how the two actually differ from eachother...it isn't so much one has more complex designs than the other because Digimon has some very simplified designs as well, but its mainly the extreme changes in their evolutions...to the point where it sometimes makes absolutely no sense...
That's my issue sometimes with official lines/possible lines in general. Like, how does Garbagemon make sense to go into Puppetmon? Cherrymon, sure. Andromon, sure(they're both machines). Maybe even Tekkamon. Heck, Pumpkinmon barely does so(being a Puppet type). Warumonzaemon makes a lot of sense. Sometimes I wonder why Extyrannomon can't go into Puppetmon, both being clear Puppets. More than most Puppets, even. Heck, why can't regular Monzaemon or Etemon go into him? They both work well. Etemon having a more toy shape too.

I'm surprised there isn't some better sea monsters to go into Seadramon. Most of them are amphibians or reptiles. Very few fish.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
**** it, I'll actually make up taunts for all the characters
:4bayonetta:backflips and chuckles while saying "You're making it easy"
:4bowser: gets into a battle stance and growls "Showtime"
:4bowserjr: Plays with the magic paintbrush and accidentally gets paint on the koopa kar, making it upset
:4falcon:The iconic Kamen Rider #1/Great Saiyaman pose
:4cloud: Says "I've fought worse than you"
:4corrinf: Turns into her full dragon form and roars
:4dedede: Grabs a cake from no where and eats it
:4darkpit: Leans on his Bow with a **** eating grin saying "Bring it"
:4diddy: Stomps on hat
:4dk: Sits down and grabs a Game Boy
:4drmario: Grabs a clipboard and looks at it
:4duckhunt: Stands up on it's hind legs and does the 8bit laugh
:4falco: Does a flashy pose with the Blaster
:4fox: Adjusts scouter
:4ganondorf: Dark flames erupt from Ganon's right hand before he extinguishes it
:4greninja: Greninja fits the whole tongue in it's mouth and has it's derpy eyes for a second
:4myfriends: Ragnell bursts into flames while Ike keeps a battle stance
:4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff grabs a crayon and a microphone
:4kirby: Kirby sits down and plays with his feet
:4littlemac: Does a Jojo pose
:4link: Link holds a Rupee in the air with the iconic sound effect playing
:4lucario: Lucario crosses his arms and says "Don't underestimate my aura"
:4lucas: Lucas does the Wes dance for a bit
:4lucina: Lucina yells "FEAR THE DEMON SPANKER!"
:4luigi: Luigi looks terrified
:4mario: Mario sleeps while dreaming of food
:4marth:Marth looks nervous before getting his cool back
:4megaman: Mega Man attempts to mimic Proto Man's whistle
:4metaknight: Says "Go all out"
:4mewtwo: Mewtwo suffers from a headache before psychic energy explodes from it
:4gaw: G&W grabs a G&W device
:4ness: Ness plays part of the 8 melodies
:4olimar:Olimar whistles with a comical expression
:4pacman: Pac-Man gives a thumbs-up
:4palutena: Palutena looks cocky and says "Better not think of anything naughty"
:4peach: Peach becomes very angry and bursts into flames before giggling her anger away
:4pikachu:Pikachu falls asleep
:4pit: Pit attempts his pre-boss battle boast but accidentally hits himself
:4rob: ROB acts as if he's been deactivated
:4robinf: Holds a guarding stance and says "Checkmate"
:rosalina: Makes a Star Bit, while the Luma jumps up as if it wants it
:4feroy: Critical animation from before getting the SoS
:4ryu: Does the Akuma stance
:4samus: Shinesparks in place
:4sheik: Grabs needles and makes a dramatic pose with them
:4shulk: Yells "I choose to fight!"
:4sonic: Finger wags
:4tlink: Drinks bottle of soup
:4villagerf: Falls into a fake pitfall
:4wario: Grabs giant bags of gold while sneering
:4wiifit: Does sit ups
:4yoshi: Poops out an egg and jumps on it
:4zelda: Does the iconic Ceaser Zepelli pose from Jojo
:4zss: Looks around cautiously
:4miibrawl: Backflips
:4miigun: Shoots a blast of air. This has a small windbox
:4miisword: Does a flurry of incoherent slashes in place

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I've been thinking about why people are upset at characters so much, and while part of it is taste, another part seems to be that they didn't get someone else.

Then I started thinking about WHY they didn't get that someone else, and came to the following conclusion:

This fandom is more broken than Humpty Dumpty.

I think we're approaching the situation backwards. Instead of trying to force a consensus on what characters we DON'T want (which in nearly all of these cases is just going to end up in some kind of Wolf situation where all their fans come out of nowhere to complain about their being cut as soon as they're gone), we should be talking among ourselves about settling on a set of, say, five compromise characters that most of us at least wouldn't be outright offended by seeing, then rally for those characters.

Mewtwo and Mega Man were the only characters anywhere near agreed upon during the Pre-E3 2013 era, and while Mewtwo skipped out on the main game much to the ire of his fans and the horror of anyone who happened to like whatever his fans saw fit to blame for the tragedy, they both did technically get in eventually.

I think if we just sat down and tried to agree on something, then as long as we did so before the roster for the next game was decided, we could have some kind of meaningful influence on the roster. Well, as long as they don't just decide to go off of the Ballot alone for fan input next time, anyway. . .

*EDIT* That said, in no situation should anyone ever be yelled at for making a roster without the compromise characters if this were done. That's just going to make people upset, and probably go against the grain more than otherwise. Let's not start with all the Kremling Dominance issues again. This whole thing should be solely voluntary.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel like if Rosalina is to get a new taunt, there is no other option besides this:

You know, I've been thinking about why people are upset at characters so much, and while part of it is taste, another part seems to be that they didn't get someone else.

Then I started thinking about WHY they didn't get that someone else, and came to the following conclusion:

This fandom is more broken than Humpty Dumpty.

I think we're approaching the situation backwards. Instead of trying to force a consensus on what characters we DON'T want (which in nearly all of these cases is just going to end up in some kind of Wolf situation where all their fans come out of nowhere to complain about their being cut as soon as they're gone), we should be talking among ourselves about settling on a set of, say, five compromise characters that most of us at least wouldn't be outright offended by seeing, then rally for those characters.

Mewtwo and Mega Man were the only characters anywhere near agreed upon during the Pre-E3 2013 era, and while Mewtwo skipped out on the main game much to the ire of his fans and the horror of anyone who happened to like whatever his fans saw fit to blame for the tragedy, they both did technically get in eventually.

I think if we just sat down and tried to agree on something, then as long as we did so before the roster for the next game was decided, we could have some kind of meaningful influence on the roster. Well, as long as they don't just decide to go off of the Ballot alone for fan input next time, anyway. . .

*EDIT* That said, in no situation should anyone ever be yelled at for making a roster without the compromise characters if this were done. That's just going to make people upset, and probably go against the grain more than otherwise. Let's not start with all the Kremling Dominance issues again. This whole thing should be solely voluntary.
The problem here lies in getting people to agree. Frankly, for a community like smash that is nearly impossible. Even then you have to get people to rally for a character they may not want. For instance, I have no desire to rally around two or three of the top picks many clamor for.

I do think this fanbase has serious issues in where its mindset lies, but I don't think a lack of unity is the issue here. And if that is the issue there isn't any feasible way to force this community to agree on anything. Hell people are still mad about melee/brawl/smash 4, let alone the characters within them. Sounds like a lost cause unless we have the mods go nazi mode and ban anyone with a dissenting opinion. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

What the
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459104953061.png

There's a ship enemy unit
I never knew about this
This is so ****ing cool though
Like, it's a whole ****ing war ship shooting giant arrows from afar
Why don't we have more of these?
*waits for Ballista DLC to be released in Fates*
:4corrinf: Turns into her full dragon form and roars
How to needesly expand your hitboxes 101

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The problem here lies in getting people to agree. Frankly, for a community like smash that is nearly impossible. Even then you have to get people to rally for a character they may not want. For instance, I have no desire to rally around two or three of the top picks many clamor for.

I do think this fanbase has serious issues in where its mindset lies, but I don't think a lack of unity is the issue here. And if that is the issue there isn't any feasible way to force this community to agree on anything. Hell people are still mad about melee/brawl/smash 4, let alone the characters within them. Sounds like a lost cause unless we have the mods go nazi mode and ban anyone with a dissenting opinion. :laugh:
Yeah, the more I think about it the more the cracks in the idea of trying to get everyone to agree show.

Still, on the off chance there was someone that most people could get behind, I think that character would have a very high chance of showing up.

I'm curious, though, in case your answer is different from what my guesses might be, where do you think the mindset issues in the fandom lie?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The Stockholm syndrome thing is basically...

"I don't like this thing. Others couldn't possibly like this thing that I don't like. It must be some psychological marketing, because if other people were smart like me they would see it's a bad thing like I have figured out."

Because what the **** is respecting different peoples likes?

Is it so hard that people just like Lucario? You don't have to, but others honestly do, but trying to negate its popularity by spouting bull****? It's marketed sure but so is almost everything that's popular.

Hell, I could make a case for Your things in how it's "forced down our throat" and "an illusion" or whatever.

I don't say this very often, but you don't have an understanding of how the world works.
Do you just get off on being rude, or what?

Like, I don't even know why I'm giving this comment the time of day.

I give my opinion on a Pokemon and make a comparison, then you go in for a personal attack? I can't stand people like that, but it makes me think your worldly understanding isn't as extensive as you thought it was.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Here's just a small list of issues regarding the Smash fanbase:

*Tons of people not respecting other people's opinions
*People massively overacting to salt
*People treating said salt as if it's a common thing when it's mostly infrequent, at least on this site and plenty of others

I'd love to go on, but there are more exciting matters for me to attend to.

:094:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Do you just get off on being rude, or what?

Like, I don't even know why I'm giving this comment the time of day.

I give my opinion on a Pokemon and make a comparison, then you go in for a personal attack? I can't stand people like that, but it makes me think your worldly understanding isn't as extensive as you thought it was.
You called it Digimon and claimed fans only liked it because it was pushed by wrongly using Stockholm Syndrome

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You called it Digimon and claimed fans only liked it because it was pushed by wrongly using Stockholm Syndrome
Except I didn't. I said the designs were closer to what I imagine a Digimon to look like than a Pokemon, and I made a comparison to Stockholm Syndrome because it legitimately feels similar to me, the developers pushed for it to be a thing and it became one.

Just to put this out there, a person suffering from Stockholm Syndrome would deny it up and down. Just saying.

D

Deleted member

Except I didn't. I said the designs were closer to what I imagine a Digimon to look like than a Pokemon, and I made a comparison to Stockholm Syndrome because it legitimately feels similar to me, the developers pushed for it to be a thing and it became one.

Just to put this out there, a person suffering from Stockholm Syndrome would deny it up and down. Just saying.
"I didn't call it a Digimon, I said it is more of a Digimon than a Pokemon"

Also, regarding the Stockholm Syndrome comparison, I'd say "Apples and oranges" but apples and oranges have more things in common than Stockholm Syndrome and a Pokemon's popularity

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just got the latest Hyrule Warriors DLC. Toon Link is so much fun to play as, I haven't tried any of the other characters yet though.

In regards to additional taunts, I'd like to see Ness do his pose whenever the photographic genius comes by to take a photograph in Earthbound and Toon Link should do his little victory jump whenever he defeated a boss in Wind Waker. Not sure why he doesn't have that to begin with since Link has his but okay.....

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Also, regarding the Stockholm Syndrome comparison, I'd say "Apples and oranges" but apples and oranges have more things in common than Stockholm Syndrome and a Pokemon's popularity
Good lord, I literally said "the designs are closer to what I imagine a Digimon to look like"

Point out to me where exactly I said "Lucario is a Digimon" in that sentence. This is so stupid, you people just dogpile on anyone with a differing opinion.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone having a legitimate reason to disagree with your assertions, doesn't mean they have Stockholm Syndrome or anything resembling it.

I think your argument would be better conceived without this comparison, honestly. Say one thing that people in this thread find ridiculous or can't comprehend, and they will focus on that one specific aspect of your point.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Personally, I think Lucario has a really bad design. It's like Blaziken, something that the developers thought kids would think would be cool, but in reality it's just a bad Digimon ripoff monster.
"Bad Digimon ripoff monster" sounds like you think that it's worse than a Digimon, with Digimon already being Genwunner shorthand for a design with a high amount of detail that they think is awful for that.

And the whole Stockholm Syndrome thing just comes off like you think that anyone who likes the character is a brainwashed sheeple.

It's not that you can't have an opinion, it's that the way you are wording said opinion is highly likely to ruffle feathers. If you said, "I personally don't particularly like Lucario, as his design just doesn't really appeal to me," I think a lot less people would have jumped on you.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Good lord, I literally said "the designs are closer to what I imagine a Digimon to look like"

Point out to me where exactly I said "Lucario is a Digimon" in that sentence. This is so stupid, you people just dogpile on anyone with a differing opinion.
Then say WHY it looks more like a digimon in your eyes. Otherwise, we have no reason to see your opinion other than 'I don't like it'. The problem isn't how you dislike Lucario, but how 'Looks like a digimon' is the only thing you say. Again, explain it.

and I made a comparison to Stockholm Syndrome because it legitimately feels similar to me, the developers pushed for it to be a thing and it became one.

Except that isn't how SS works. Therefore the comparison doesn't work

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think your argument would be better conceived without this comparison, honestly. Say one thing that people in this thread find ridiculous or can't comprehend, and they will focus on that one specific aspect of your point.
Exactly this. It's literally just being insulting to everyone because you think they can't understand your argument, instead of simply the fact they might just disagree with it.

Still, on the off chance there was someone that most people could get behind, I think that character would have a very high chance of showing up.
Like you said it worked for Mewtwo and Megaman. I just don't think it's feasible to have another character become that popular manually instead of by coincedence. :p

I'm curious, though, in case your answer is different from what my guesses might be, where do you think the mindset issues in the fandom lie?
This fanbase is utterly filled with problems so I could be sitting here all day if I so desired. I don't :p

I think a major issue is tunnel vision I suppose. There are too many cases where people only care for one or two characters out of dozens and dozens of possibilities. This is not to say that people must "rally for a character they may not want," like I said in my previous post. But it is a serious issue where people's desires are so specific that it is nearly impossible to cater to so many specific desires. So when the release rolls around and it isn't possible to cater to dozens of options at the same time you get people acting explosively. I could name people that only desire one or two characters and acted. . .less than ideally to not getting that character. I know this because I was there moderating my group. I won't name these individuals or even the character because nothing good can come of it.

Continuing the tunnel vision, is the inability to look beyond what we don't have and enjoy what we do. People very often focus on the characters we don't have instead of the ones we do. This issue is only made worse by the fact that the problem is only one missing character. I suppose the best way to show this is when people say that Brawl's roster was better than smash 4's. Not it's newcomers, but it's roster

Everything is the same except
:snake::wolf::popo::squirtle:and:ivysaur:
are traded for
:4bayonetta::4bowserjr::4cloud::4corrin::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4drmario::4greninja::4littlemac::4lucina::4megaman::4mewtwo::4miif::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:
I really don't see how smash 4's roster can be "better" here, especially because a lot of people don't care for Ivysquirt (unfortunately). The only way I can see that conclusion being reached is a refusal to appreciate what we have because all of those smash 4 characters is a lot more variety than those 5 brawl characters. . .

After that. . .fan rules and fan criteria being too heavily followed and then being angry when their made up junk turns out wrng. 3rd party rules, no fighting game character rules, must have ties to Nintendo, and of course, the big one. The "reps" argument which seems to be one of the bigger issues people have. Just look at Corrin, Dark Pit, and Donkey Kong.

If people stopped worrying about all that and just enjoyed the game. . .I think there would be a lot less issues. The problem is getting people to do that and I just don't think that is feasible. And I don't think even an appeal from authority can help here like it usually does in causing people to switch opinions. Sakurai commented on the clone hatred and it didn't stop anything. It will be a long LOOOOOOOOONNNNGGG time, if ever, the smash fanbase improves unfortuantely.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I never ONCE said anyone's opinion is lesser because they like Lucario or Blaziken or any other Pokemon I find to be terrible, I just gave my opinion and you people jumped on me like I was saying "OJ Simpson is a hero".

It's disgusting when you people do things like this, people end up feeling like they're not allowed to have a god damn differing opinion on this site sometimes.

D

Deleted member

I said
In reference to what you said
. I said the designs were closer to what I imagine a Digimon to look like than a Pokemon,
I never ONCE said anyone's opinion is lesser because they like Lucario or Blaziken or any other Pokemon I find to be terrible, I just gave my opinion and you people jumped on me like I was saying "OJ Simpson is a hero".

It's disgusting when you people do things like this, people end up feeling like they're not allowed to have a god damn differing opinion on this site sometimes.
I'll just quote this
the whole Stockholm Syndrome thing just comes off like you think that anyone who likes the character is a brainwashed sheeple.

It's not that you can't have an opinion, it's that the way you are wording said opinion is highly likely to ruffle feathers. If you said, "I personally don't particularly like Lucario, as his design just doesn't really appeal to me," I think a lot less people would have jumped on you.
This post is basically just quotes

Alright, now let me ask some real questions:
Should I make Franz a Great Knight or a Paladin in SS?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Dude...Are you even READING our posts? The main issue most of us have ISN'T your opinion! It's that you HAVE NO REASON for your opinion! Here's why the difference matters!
"Hitler did good things" would make people think I was anti-Semitic
"Hitler helped modernize the Dutch roadways, so he didn't solely do bad things" would let others see the reasoning behind my opinion, and would be able to agree or disagree

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I said

In reference to what you said

I'll just quote this

This post is basically just quotes

Alright, now let me ask some real questions:
Should I make Franz a Great Knight or a Paladin in SS?
Apparently "is closer to" means "EXACTLY THE SAME" to you.

I made a comparison that you all didn't like, fine, whatever. Does that give you the right to jump down my throat over it and for some of you to take stabs at my character over it?

Let me answer that for you: NO.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Whatever.
Digimon was always the better show and it's just a shame that it didn't catch on as a game series as hard because of namely being console-bound instead of the ease of handhelds and that it never really hit the right engine system until World 3.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Don't care too much about the argument at hand but I'll just chime in and say that I think some are taking the "Stockholm Sydrome" remark far too literally for their own good.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think a major issue is tunnel vision I suppose. There are too many cases where people only care for one or two characters out of dozens and dozens of possibilities.

Continuing the tunnel vision, is the inability to look beyond what we don't have and enjoy what we do. People very often focus on the characters we don't have instead of the ones we do. This issue is only made worse by the fact that the problem is only one missing character. I suppose the best way to show this is when people say that Brawl's roster was better than smash 4's. Not it's newcomers, but it's roster

Everything is the same except
:snake::wolf::popo::squirtle:and:ivysaur:
are traded for
:4bayonetta::4bowserjr::4cloud::4corrin::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4drmario::4greninja::4littlemac::4lucina::4megaman::4mewtwo::4miif::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:
To be fair, no one person is going to consistently use fifty+ characters. Using my own experience as an example, I gained Shulk as a new main in this game (along with various other fun characters like Cloud, Pac-Man, etc), but I lost a lot by way of Snake's departure. You can look at it and say "hey, you gained more characters than you lost," but for me, no one can replace Snake. The same can be said of game mechanics themselves, which is why there's such a divide between Melee players and everyone else.

Some people are just a bit more stubborn than others, some might not even change at all. But just like we would want them respect our love of the new game, we should respect their love of the old games, and the people who may have wanted someone other than what we got. At the end of the day, if someone doesn't like Smash 4, that's their opinion, and that's ok too.

Just throwing in a perspective from someone on both ends.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Uhh... I can't seem to find my Knight Crest
I know I got one from Chapter 7's boss but it isn't on my Convoy
I even killed him with... *sigh* I left the KC with Eirika
And I have 3 units to promote with it
Your argument is still stupid, me saying "this thing seems like more of that than this" is NOT the same as me saying "this and that are exactly the same"

Look, if you don't understand what I'm getting at then I don't know what to say. I can't be any clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom