• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
But... Yoshi... you were in the water at the end of that match.

Delfino water is supposed to kill you.
Silly Wildvine. This is a Yoshi's Island breed
upload_2015-12-23_2-40-0.jpeg

They laugh at the water. They mock it. Heck they even drink water.

These Yoshis don't kid around

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
New topic! Out of all the characters you main, why do you main them?
:4bayonetta:One of my favourite female characters and a role model
:4falcon:Closest I have to a Kamen Rider
:4cloud:Crazy fun to mess around with, especially as my friends all struggle fighting him
:4corrinf:Because I ♥ that moveset and because of the salt
:4darkpit:/:4pit:I enjoyed the first KI game and Uprising, thought I should main them
:4ganondorf:The disrespect and power...It's too stronk...
:4greninja:Favourite pokemon
:4myfriends:I greatly enjoy smacking Ragnell into everything
:4jigglypuff:I enjoy the sir fighter a lot
:4kirby:Kirby is one of my favourite franchises
:4littlemac:So I can go ORAORAORA
:4lucas:Lucas is pretty fun, and considering he gets up after all the crap he went through, he's a rolemodel
:4marth:My love of FE and my interest in fencing
:4megaman:I LOVE the Blue Bomber, we even share the same birthday!
:4mewtwo:I'm very fond of glass cannons
:4palutena:She's actually somewhat fun
:4rob:I love this little guy, fun moveset!
:4ryu:I've always wanted to try Street Fighter, and he's crazy fun
:4sheik:Because ninjas
:4shulk:For my love of the Xenoblade games and because of that sexy British man in his undies
:4zelda:Surprisingly fun despite being garbage tier
:4zss:For my love of Metroid and that Up B
I already posted it in the Spoon Sword Social

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The goofy games put me in a good mood. I think I'm at full potential again. :)

Just accept the request and hop in..

Let's go gents.
Are we going like Competitive Rules or Friendly rule?
Anyway,
let's get this party started.:4bowserjr:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Ok I won that match and even I think the way I won it is bull.

Pilotwings is so messy.

Edit: why did I try to gimp a Ganondorf right at Ganoncide level

why

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh god ****ing damn it! Another internet error?
Why? : ((

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade

Hm let's see.

:4bowser:: He is Bowser, a super awesome looking dragon and I just always really liked him. The moment he was introduced to Smash I knew I would always main him no matter what. Luckily, that worked out because I am the best with him from all the characters I play.
:4charizard:: Charizard is cool and also a cool firebreathing baby, playstyle also suits me.
:4bowserjr:/:4morton:: Of course I like Bowser Jr. Also Morton is my favorite Koopaling, just really enjoy his design and his personality.
:rosalina:: I just really like Rosalina, alone for her colors and sweet story in Mario Galaxy. Also Lumas are super cute as well!
:4bayonetta:: It's freaking Bayonetta, need I say more? One of the best female characters ever!

These are all I currently main. I dropped some other characters which I did like, but just couldn't work with (looking at you Greninja and DHD). I used to play Lucario, and I am good with him, but I just don't enjoy playing with Lucario because I don't like him.
Also trying to get Mewtwo to work, because of course I really like Mewtwo, but it's hard.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So I bought FF7 and Battlefront 2 a couple hours ago. BF2 holds up sooooo well. I've never played a Final Fantasy game so I decided to start with the most iconic one.
Ooh, ooh, Star Wars Battlefront 2?

Get the Conversion Mod 2.0, it brings back all the missing maps from Battlefront1, adds various new classes and heroes across both eras, adds a new third era based on the KotOR era with like 40 heroes of it's own, and brings in a few new modes (and it's all MP-compatible too, as long as the other player has the mod you can play together). Combine it with the KotOR Galactic Conquest add-on, the 2.2 patch, the updated /r129 build of the Unofficial 1.3 patch (which fixes an issue with Leia as the hero on the Tantive IV map), and you've got the equivalent of a super-super BF2 expansion pack.

I literally just found out about the above a few hours ago haha, as I don't know where my BF2 copy is so I fell out of the know as far as modding goes, so my knowledge-learning and your post are very conveniently-timed!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only reason I can imagine my insurance going up is a parking ticket I got.

A non-moving violation

If that is the case, I need to shop around and potentially get new insurance.

Because any insurance company that increases rates because of a non-moving violation aren't worth keeping

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Indeed. Fun games guys.
The Zelda/Cloud combo seem really devastating! Zelda is a better character in double anyway. Since the other person can distract the enemy when you can just spam you're projectile. Also, that Up-B second slash that smash meteor and killed Jigglypuff was delicious.
gloating.png

I love it!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

:4cloud: - Messing around with his Limit Break stuff is always fun.
:4ganondorf: - Not sure how to describe it but... he kind a just "stuck" for me after I play Falcon.
:4falco: - Mostly the same as Ganondorf, except his Up air feels so much better to hit than Fox's
:4mewtwo: - He broke up with the Z Axis

:4feroy: - Feels better to use than Marth.
:4ryu: - I always use SF characters in crossover games, and this one is no exception :p

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
anyone still

y'know
wanna settle it in smash?

@Zoroarking im looking at you because in my hunger games simulator you killed me like 3 times
the time i finally killed you is the time i won

D

Deleted member

:4ganondorf: Because of the disrespect
:4falcon: Disrespect
:4shulk: I love swords with blades made of light
:4robinm::4robinf: Because I like FE and they're probably my favorite characters in the game
:4pit::4darkpit: DOUBLE BLADES
:4falco: I just find him fun to play as
:4greninja: About the same as Robin
:4jigglypuff: Say it with me: DISRESPECT
:4littlemac: Satisfying to play as
:4megaman: Lemon lemon
:4mario: Cape+FLUDD
:4lucas: Most satisfying spike
:4corrin::4corrinf: Robin+Salt
:4samus: To prove that: Super Soldier with Powerful Armor>>>>>Naked Super Soldier
anyone still

y'know
wanna settle it in smash?

@Zoroarking im looking at you because in my hunger games simulator you killed me like 3 times
the time i finally killed you is the time i won
What?
What Hunger Games simulator? Why have I never heard about it until now?
And I can't settle it in Smash this week because I didn't bring Smash with me
Whoops

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

:4littlemac:There are multiple reasons why I play this guy. Punch Out fan, love playing Boxing characters in fighting games, the most honest character in the game and I just like to punch people.
:4robinm:I wanted a magic FE character and he was the best choice and I loved FEA. Plus the Thunder motif is sweet
:4wiifit:I found her move set so appealing and awesome that I couldn't pass her up and I liked Wii Fot for what it's worth. Also 8 months ago I found out she was a Ripple master. The Zeppelin family lives on
:4zss:Brawl main from her athleticism and her crazy whips but now with 70% more rocket boots
:4myfriends:Brawl main and my best character just to hit people with and break shields.
:4sonic:Brawl Main, Sonic fan since the Genesis days and just like making people upset as hell
:4shulk:I wanted him in the game long before he was leaked and enjoyed his moveset so much.
:4falcon:Main since 64 baby. Can't stop, won't stop (except for Brawl) and played F-Zero X as a kid so I was familiar with him
:4falco:Melee main. I like dudes with swagger and charisma
:4ryu:Street Fighter fan since I was a wee champ. Like throwing Hadoukens
:4drmario:Was my boi in Melee. Pill popping the best of these losers
:4mewtwo:Shadow Ball>Aura Sphere and fun character.
:4lucas:PK Freeze>PK Flash and I love his Smashes
:4lucina:That Tiki and Lissa alt. Only reason I love play her
:4megaman:Great character and loved the MM series (moreso Battle Network and X series)
:4palutena:I like suffering and Medusa alt
:4wario2:I like to fart on people and laugh.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm buying Cloud today, my brother and I are going to try him out. And since his main is Link, we're bound to have a good fight! Can't wait to use those summons!

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I heard there were online matches going on a couple of hours ago that I missed. With that in mind, anyone want to scrap a few rounds online?

D

Deleted member

Smol Nuzlocke update
I caught two Pokemon
@egaddmario as an E Unown
And @tehponycorn as a Rhyhorn
Both getting boxed
And Oni learned Swagger, my headcanon just gets more accurate each second
I then spent my money on the Game Corner
This is ****ing bull**** there is no way to win this!
Well, at least it was good to see what Pokemon will become when Konami buys it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

:rosalina:Self explanatory, I love everything about her as a character. But I also love how she plays in Smash, I seriously think she has unlimited potential and I'm able to do so many things with her and I always feel like I'm discovering my own new techniques.

And then there's stuff like this:

:4sonic:Another one of my favourite fictional characters from one of my other favourite franchises. He was my main in Brawl so that carried over here. I find him real fun to play too.

:4mario:He clicked with me in this game, very well balanced fighter, and I just like how he plays. Cloud is starting to fill a similar niche for me though.

:4megaman:I really like his unique playstyle and he was my second most wanted character of the characters that got in.

:4yoshi:I like Yoshi a lot and for the first time ever I enjoy how he plays in Smash.

:4mewtwo:I like the character and despite his shortcomings and not being programmed properly in some aspects, I still enjoy how he plays, and I can do cool things like this:

D

Deleted member

New topic! Out of all the characters you main, why do you main them?l
Gonna order mine in how I played.

:link64::fox64:
Fan of Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 so I played these guys, and always felt Link was real fun.
:linkmelee::foxmelee: (true mains)
Link was my most played character in Smash Bros. Melee and Fox I was also really good with, and when things came down to it, I considered him my best character despite feeling really confident in my Link.
:roymelee: (considered true main)(dropped)
However, I played Roy the least and felt like he was like the one I was truly the best one and was the ultimate main for me but I changed my mind around sometime. Not sure when exactly, but I use to think Roy was really good back in the day, of course I played with friends and we'd use Roy and kick each others butts cause we didn't Wavedash or know about L-Cancelling. Throwing out Forward Smashes and Neutral Specials were legit enough with his grab range. I always thought Roy himself was pretty cool, though and the flame charge blade thing was hype.
:foxmelee: (dropped)
Ended up stopping playing him so much when I focused on Link.
:linkmelee: (dropped)
Mained him for a while, eventually dropped him when I found a replacement.
:sheikmelee:(current)
So I was browsing the internet and found out I believe inadvertently that Sheik was a "good character", and to me I still had no idea about Wavedashing or L-Cancelling at the time, and to me as someone who just played Melee for fun but who was still competitive and the best among my friends playing the game, I was like "wow that's cool, I had no idea.."

The reason for that is I never used Zelda much, prob cause she wasn't that decent, but I use to stick to Male characters mostly, (although I played a ton of Peach for fun so that might've not been entirely it) back then. However, to me it was like since Zelda transforms, I never used Sheik a whole lot to really gauge how she played, and when I first played her after hearing she was "good" I felt like I found my true main and stuck with her ever since. I bodied my friends with her as well and she replaced all of my mains.

I've always loved Sheiks design in Ocarina of Time as she's a woman that actually can fight, has a very unique outfit, and her red eyes are really cool to me.
:link2: (considered true main)
I went into Brawl with Link since I'm a huge Zelda fan plus I loved how Link plays, however, my first impression of him was that he was SLOW AS FUDGE! I noticed it during Subspace Emissary and playing on Wi-Fi or just in-general, really. Even with friends in person. Either way, when I kept struggling with him due to him feeling so different in Brawl and sluggish compared to his Melee self, I dropped him and started playing Ganondorf.
:ganondorf:(current)
So since Link was done terribly in Brawl, so I picked an even worse character! :D! or was he? He may have been the lowest of the tiers, but I still could destroy with him.
:zelda:|Project M| (current)
In Project M I forget when I started using Zelda, or what caused the change, but her having brown hair (which is cool to me because I have brown hair) I started using her at some point and everything honestly clicked, sometimes it clicked even more than Sheik at times. I possibly used Sheik at first, which I feel is true, but I can't recall, I used Zelda way too soon after using Sheik for Shiek to be considered my main at any point in P:M.
:4zelda:(dropped)
Went with my gorl Zeruda, but although I felt she was done amazing at first, I ended up not being able to play her for some reason. Like I would lose a lot and Smash 4 in general was confusing since my skillset was mostly catered to Melee style game physics at the time.
:4robinf:(dropped)
Switched to Robin as everything with her clicked with me and I loved the power she has with the Levin Sword. However, I always lost with her in tournament, and her flaws got too numerous. When I ended up dying from running out of recovery, that kinda soiled the character for me because I don't like the idea of a character that "runs out of moves". So I dropped her. Funnily enough, I thought of "Red Robin, yum before I heard it was a meme. and at the time, Red Robin w as my favorite non Sushi resturaunt so I had dreams of one day being SPONSORED BY RED ROBIN!!" lol.

PS: her grab range sucks she's too slow.
:4sheik:(dropped)
Went back to Sheik, and started performing really well as everything with Sheik started clicking with me compared to Zelda and Robin, however, I ended up feeling she was too hard to play at one point with all the combos so I ended up dropping her cause I felt I wasn't good enough to play her.
:4zelda:(dropped as competitive 1st main)
Went back to Zelda and everything started clicking again and I started beating sum scrubzz, but, I ended up getting bodied as well and her flaws from playing her enough and researching her became clearly evident to me so although I didn't entirely drop her entirely as she's my favorite character to play in Smash 4, I focused on finding a new "competitive main" to replace her in the tournament scene with the slight idea she could possibly be a secondary.
:4zss:(dropped)
Used her, did decent, but something about her didn't necessarily click with me entirely. She's super fun, but I think for me she'd only ever be a fun character as I do not like being punished heavily as she is for whiffed grabs.
:rosalina:(dropped)
Started using her and was doing actually pretty decent, and I felt I could control Luma over Sheik cause it was less about inputs and more about strategy and mind games, however I got lazy and ended up while playing Melee forgetting my combos for her and just decided to drop her since I forgot her combos. Which is honestly good because of below.
:4sheik::4zelda:(current)
I decided to try Sheik because I played Melee for a bit, and I was practicing short hops and L-Cancelling in that game for a week. I realized at one point that all this training I've done I should be focusing on Smash 4 since it's the one I'll actually be playing competitively, so whenever I decided to try Sheik in Smash 4 I was doing the short hop fairs like so easily because a short hop in Melee is 10x harder than a short hop fair in Smash 4, so that time playing Melee made me realized I can play Sheik.

So, I started using her more and more the past few weeks and she clicks with me competitively WAY more than any other top tier character, and I'm playing with my true abilities. I've improved in skill dramatically since then, because for a while I was like stuck at a 'wall' persay, but now that wall is starting to crumble a bit and I just gotta keep playing. I've also used Zelda sometimes in secondaries to pick up some wins, but I won't ever do it if the other person is really skilled. Sheik is my main in competitive play, whereas Zelda is my favorite character to play in Smash 4. I love playing both though a lot. Super fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
:4ganondorf: Because of the disrespect
:4falcon: Disrespect
:4shulk: I love swords with blades made of light
:4robinm::4robinf: Because I like FE and they're probably my favorite characters in the game
:4pit::4darkpit: DOUBLE BLADES
:4falco: I just find him fun to play as
:4greninja: About the same as Robin
:4jigglypuff: Say it with me: DISRESPECT
:4littlemac: Satisfying to play as
:4megaman: Lemon lemon
:4mario: Cape+FLUDD
:4lucas: Most satisfying spike
:4corrin::4corrinf: Robin+Salt
:4samus: To prove that: Super Soldier with Powerful Armor>>>>>Naked Super Soldier

What?
What Hunger Games simulator? Why have I never heard about it until now?
And I can't settle it in Smash this week because I didn't bring Smash with me
Whoops
Bring it with you to where? i have the best snarky response to this

This simulator: http://brantsteele.net/hungergames

I lost the code to my Smashboards one but I made a Nintendo one and it's IRWhnrTS. You go to load season on the side and *poof*.
also this is wrong in so many ways

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
:4sonic:Number one main since Brawl. I like fast characters, and this is freaking Sonic the Hedgehog. Been a huge fan since I got Heroes and Mega Collection and it's my favorite video game franchise
:4tlink:The best Link from the best Zelda game. Need I say more?
:4greninja:My first and favorite Pokémon. He was my most hyped for newcomer, and he's awesome
:4shulk:I liked this guy a lot more than I expected. His Monado Arts are fun, and he's really good overall. Back Slash fo days
:4olimar::4alph:I love me some Pikmin and I'm surprised more people don't use him. His Pikmin are really versatile, and he's great at generating salt
:4darkpit:He's Pit, who I mained in Brawl, but so much better
:4lucas:The only DLC character that I really wanted. It was so cool to see him back, and he's just as amazing as he was in Brawl. UP SMASH!
:4gaw:His moveset is so strange and amazing. I love how goofy his animations are, and his bell taunt is one of the most satisfying

D

Deleted member

Bring it with you to where? i have the best snarky response to this

This simulator: http://brantsteele.net/hungergames

I lost the code to my Smashboards one but I made a Nintendo one and it's IRWhnrTS. You go to load season on the side and *poof*.
also this is wrong in so many ways
I'm spending Christmas with the rest of my family and they all live in a different state
Forgot to bring Smash so whoops

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Let's see:
:4mario::4bowser: I'm a Mario fan first and foremost.
:4luigi: Favourite video game character
:4link: Liked playing him in Brawl; FG noob destroyer
:4zelda: Mained her in Brawl
:4rob: SSE really endeared me to him.
:4drmario: A stranger version of Mario.
:4lucina: I don't have to care about tippers.

I also snagged a couple of Nikki badges from the badge arcade. I remember scoffing at the game when it came out, but it's free to play model is definitely better than Pokémon Shuffle's. It's not particularly hard to get free plays every day, which is just enough for the badges you want to get.

:231:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Shulk: Wanted him in the game since 2013 and he has a really technical moveset. Also one of my favorite protags period.

Lucas: MY BOY. I love the Mother franchise.

Ness: Same as above.

Lunk: Played him since 64, one of my favorite characters.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Main train?

:4mario: Favorite Nintendo character, one of the best characters in-game, amazing combos, cape + FLUDD, extremely well balanced.
:4wiifit::4corrinf:Salt. Im here for the salt.
:4yoshi:First main since Melee. Hes evolved into a monster of sorts for Smash 4.
:4bowser:My heavy weight of choice, excellent range and power, certified Roy teh ph1re killer.
:4kirby:His copy ability is the best, since you can potentially kill your opponent with their own move. Amazing combos as well.
:4bowserjr: Love the Koopa Clown Car and its gadgets. Has excellent zoning options and pretty good close range combat.
:4drmario: The slower and heavier version of Mario. Kills a lot faster and has more strength. He doesnt flow with me as well as Mario does.
:4villagerf:Simply because I like the way the artist drew her in my avatar. Even then, Villager is an amazing character. Tree is the ultimate bait/defense. Bowling ball is the best thing for trolling off stage.
:4littlemac: Lol, lack of aerial game sucks, but still a really solid character overall. Its a fun challenge whenever I use Little Mac
:4wario2:I like Wario ok? The dude kills people with his farts. His goofy animations make it all the better
:4dk:I love saying "Dong" whenever I use him. Also excellent speed and range.
:4jigglypuff:Amazing aerial moves and not too shabby on the ground, also, best trolling cause of Rest. Pound is also the best shield breaker.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Favorite characters in Smash?

:4ganondorf: That power. He's also one of my favorite villains in fiction, so yeah.
:4robinm: One of my most wanted characters for the new game. Swords and magic combo is always cool.
:4mewtwo: Mewtwo has always been a favorite since I got into Pokémon.
:4bowserjr: The Clown Car moveset is really creative and fun. Was my most wanted character for Brawl. The Koopaling alts are like a dream come true as I always wanted to play as them in Smash, though I had always deemed them as impossible.
:4darkpit: One of my favorite characters in KIU and was one of my most wanted characters for the new game.
:4wario: Wario Land 3 introduced me to the character and is one of my favorite games of all time. His quirky and over-the-top moveset just seals the deal.
:4tlink: Zelda: Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I played and one of my favorite games of all time.
:4dk: Always been a favorite of mine to play in Smash going back to when I played Melee for the first time.
:4shulk: Playing Xenoblade made me like him more.
:4lucina: One of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening.
:4feroy: A favorite of mine in Melee, similar to DK.
:4corrin: FE character amount and my dislike of the FE series's recent direction (too much fanservice) notwithstanding, he has a chainsaw blade and transforms into a dragon. What's not to like?

I do like trying out and playing as all the characters in the roster, so picking favorites is difficult for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom