• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Why I Main:
:4pit: - Favorite Nintendo character by far, I find him fun but not as much as I used to
:4darkpit: - I like the extra edge
:4link: - I actually find him more fun than his younger counterpart, for once
:4marth: - Carry over from Brawl, I don't use him as much this time around though because...
:4feroy: - Roy became my defacto FE character, he's just great this time around
:4lucas: - Another carry over from Brawl
:4ryu: - One of my actual "mains" at this point, his combo heavy game is too fun
:4cloud: - His Limit Break shtick is pretty fun
:4shulk: - Was gonna be my actual main, but I can't ever get used to him lol, so I just screw around with him these days
:4falco: - I've actually found him really fun since release

I plan on picking up Corrin, so depending on how that goes they may replace Roy :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Quite heartwarming to see Sakurai retweet fanart.

@PushDustIn Translation?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guess I'll join into the mains thing too.

:4tlink: Most wanted character from Brawl and has been my loyal main ever since. My records with him is the highest out of any character in the games.

:4ness: A character I became pretty interested in ever since I first found out about him in Smash 64. Also really fun to use in Smash 4 in particular.

:4villager::4villagerf: More or less my most favourite newcomer of Smash 4. Especially after playing Animal Crossing New Leaf.

:4jigglypuff:I adore her quick and floaty air game. And its fun keeping opponents off the stage with her too.

:4mario:Mario clicks very well with me in this game in particular. Also cape and F.L.U.D.D. shenanigans are always fun to pull off too.

:4mewtwo:Though you probably won't see me using him online. I do often like to use him in offline battles though.

:4peach:I just find her very fun to use. Much like Mario, she clicks well with my playstyle in this game in particular.

:4mii:Closest thing for me to get to play as Layton and a few other characters who didn't make it into Smash 4..... I'm having fun using the Geno and Inklings costume on them in particular.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
mean thee gaiSo is it me, or does sora's face look off here?
Screenshot (41).png

I mean the game isn't finished, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but Sora's face is strange here. It may be the nose in porpotion to those eyes.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
New topic! Out of all the characters you main, why do you main them?

I already posted it in the Spoon Sword Social
:4yoshi:I've loved Yoshi since he was first introduced in Super Mario World. I really don't think there's any other video game character I've attached myself to more, and I can't really explain why. I mained him in 64, but didn't like how he felt in Melee or Brawl. I start to make some vague sense of him in PM, but when Sm4sh came around, he was perfect. Every single thing I'd ever wished Yoshi could do better, Sm4sh delivered on my every want. I couldn't have asked for anything better, and I even feel a little guilty having the perfect dino fighter I've always dreamed of. I will main him forever.

:4rob:Same as Falkoopa, SSE really helped me to grow attached to him, though I also appreciate that he was introduced for his history in saving video games as we know them. It also helps that in Brawl, I can't play any other character effectively - and to that end, I'd always found it amusing when I'd enter tournaments with him and opponents wouldn't start taking me seriously until at least round 4. I've only ever won two Smash tournaments, and both were with Brawl R.O.B.

:4falco:Tsundere birb

:4cloud:Tsundere blond
:4myfriends:Tsundere frenb

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hoping on the "Why I main this character" train.

:4greninja: - My primary main. Greninja was originally one of my favorite generation 6 Pokemon and among my top 5 favorite Pokemon overall at the time of it reveal, so I got excited that Greninja made it to Smash. I'm a fan of its play style as it is fast and has a ninja-style moveset. Greninja is challenging to play as, sure, but compared to Sheik, I find it easier to use. I also like the sounds Greninja makes. It's also thanks to Greninja in Smash that it is my 2nd favorite Pokemon of all time now, and it looks Greninja won't be changing as my primary main anytime soon.

:4shulk: - My primary secondary. My favorite part about him is the Monado Arts and how it can change his play style. All his arts are a thrill to use.

:4lucario: - My Brawl main. He feels a lot better than his Brawl counterpart, and I really like how the Aura mechanic he has going for him.

:4feroy: - His speed and power make the perfect mix that make him fun to play as for me.

:4ryu: - Ryu was a character that I wanted to see in Smash since my childhood, and having him in Smash 4 really made me happy. I think he's fun to use with his Street Fighter controls, as it really makes him unique (not to mention it feels so satisfying when you successfully use the Shoryuken input to pull off a KO). I may be no Mr. R or Trela when it comes to playing Ryu, but I still think he's pretty fun to play as.

:4cloud: - Another character that has the perfect mix of speed and power for me. He's faster than Shulk and Ike, and he's got a lot of strong attacks. I really like how his Limit Burst feature buffs up his specials, and even many of his attacks feel pretty satisfying to use, like his up air, side smash, and down air (especially when you get the meteor spike from it). He's becoming a good character for me that I think he has the potential to surpass Shulk as my primary secondary in the future.

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Indivisible is almost at it's next stretch goal.

The stretch goal after that is budget for union voice actors. Hopefully they'll do a good job with casting, and we don't end up with the same six or so voices that we hear in so many animes and video games (at least that I have encountered).

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Why I main?

:4dedede: One of my favorite character ever, each time he is playable in a game I always end up playing as him. His huge power, high survabillity and the tricky Gordo make him fit really well with my playstyle. He also possess some of the best taunts in the game.

:4charizard:With is raw power and his throwgame, Charizard is a really fun and satisfying character to play as. I like to call him Dudley the dragon from time to time.

:4dk:With is billion of spiking option, his immense strenght, his high weight and my overall love for the DK franchise, DK is sure a great character for me.

:4bowserjr:My most wanted character for this game, with his tricky and unique playstyle, while he don't top the DDD for me, he sure is one of my favorite character to play as.

:4pacman:He is so akward and unique, the PAC-Man is such a fun character to play as. With his thousand of tricky fruit options, he is one of my favorite newcommer.

:4corrin:Corrin is one of those character that interest me simply from their playstyle : transforming into a Dragon, stabbing people with a giant claw, crazy range and a chainsaw sword make him looks like a really enjoyable character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Indivisible is almost at it's next stretch goal.

The stretch goal after that is budget for union voice actors. Hopefully they'll do a good job with casting, and we don't end up with the same six or so voices that we hear in so many animes and video games (at least that I have encountered).
I read this post and was about to respond with "yeah that's why I liked how Xenoblade had a UK cast because it made it feel real fresh, rather than hearing the same usual Japanese anime/game dub actors like Johnny Yong Bosch or something".

I decided instead to start watching the next episode of Space Dandy instead.

And what happens?

A character voiced by goddamn Johnny Yong Bosch.

EDIT: OH MY GOD THE CHARACTER'S NAME IS JOHNNY WHAT THE HELL

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Main discussion? Main discussion.

:4littlemac:: Punch-Out!! is my favorite game series barring maybe Smash itself, and he's my favorite video game character, and was my most wanted newcomer for a long time.
:4olimar:: Brawl main, plus I'm a Pikmin fan. While I miss his ability to use six Pikmin, I still love playing as him in Smash 4. He has some seriously untapped potential. Too bad almost no one plays him.
:4pacman:: I love playing Pac-Man; it's a classic game. That, and Pac-Man World 2 was a childhood favorite. And in Smash, his moveset is so fun. Something just clicks.
:4lucina:: I loved Awakening to death and she's biologically the closest I can get to playing as Chrom.
:4mario:: I'm a big Mario fan (Super Mario Bros. 3 was probably the first game I ever played) and his moveset's just straight up fun. Something just clicked this time around that didn't in previous Smash games.

And for the "Just For Fun" guys...
:4link:: I love The Legend of Zelda, and Link's fun to play as with his projectile game.
:4greninja:: He was my starter in Pokemon Y, so I was really hyped when he got in the game. Not the best with him, but he's incredibly fun.
:4megaman:: Super Fighting Robot. Mega Man! My brother uses him as a secondary, so I see him a lot. He, like Link, also has a really fun projectile game.
:4ryu:: Something just feels right about Ryu being in a crossover fighting game, and he fits like a glove. Here's hoping he becomes a Smash mainstay.
:4dk: and :4dedede:: Then there's these two. I suck as them, but dammit they're fun, and I love the characters.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
we talking mains? hold on ill post a picture of them

as you can see i am very selective

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's basically impossible to fix PAC-MAN
No matter how hard Sakurai sakutrys

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"I have brought shame and suffering upon my Pac-family."

I personally think on the way up his soul got knocked out because he went 2fast
So his soul was just hanging out in space while the body was in a deep meditation
:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

:4zelda:Well, let's see here.... Why I main my mains? Well...

:4bowser:: Was hyped for buffed bowser way more so than any newcomer. LOL. And as a result, he's my top main.

:4myfriends::I just keep on getting better and better with Ike. I've mastered the timing of his attacks.

:4dedede::Again, another powerhouse.

:4falcon::A nice nible and fun character to contray all these powerhouses.

:4mewtwo:: Same as above to an extent, just with less physical power and more range.

:4ryu:: I know surprising right? The huge fighting game fan mains the face of fighting games... I love Ryu, so glad he made it in. He's very fun and I love doubles because most people don't know how to do the command specials for some reason...

:4cloud:: VERY fun and effective. Naturally good and at home with him.

:4corrin:: Looks very fun and promising.(And I'll admit it's partly because I think he's cute...)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I personally think on the way up his soul got knocked out because he went 2fast
So his soul was just hanging out in space while the body was in a deep meditation
:4pacman:
Pac-Man already lost his soul in the tragic incident of 1985...

In which he was separated from his one true love, Ms. Blue Pikmin, when the dividing wall between Pac-France and Pik-Germany was erected.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Yeah, can't wait for another decent anime adaptation of a manga that's going nowhere.
The manga was revived a few months ago. We get fewer chapters than before, but the ones we get are huge.
That said, I hope we dont get a ton of filler.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
We talkin' mains? I guess I'll list mine.

My Main Guys:

1.) :4ryu:: Even though it took me a while to get used to him, I extremely like his bold play style. Every move he executes is satisfying to pull off (especially the SHORYUKEN) and has loads of options within his entire moveset.

2.) :4mario:: The combos he can pull off in this game is really impressive. He can chain moves together and use up-air for days.

3.) :4miibrawl:: The customization with this fighter is ****ing amazing. I love how if you make the Mii very small in Mii Maker, then it turns out very fast with little power and vice versa. It's biggest strength is the Custom Move Sets in my opinion. This character was built around them. Also fun to play as.

4.) :4drmario:: Has a lot of power to him and is very satisfying to land a forward Smash with him, especially with the electricity effect. he also has a charm to him in my opinion.

For Fun:

- :4falcon:: HYES TO DA SWEG.

- :4cloud:: The limit breaks are so fun to pull off, especially the cross slash version and finishing touch move.

- :4kirby:: Was my former main in Melee, Brawl and Project M. It's still fun to copy other's abilities.

- :4lucina:: Like her personality more than Marth and prefer only having one hitbox all around on the Sword.

- :4mewtwo:: Love his floatiness and use of projectiles.

- :4feroy:: A more powerful Marth that has a satisfying neutral B which kills at 0 percent.

- :4luigi:: Sometimes I like his random taunts and his awkwardness. As well as his floaty physics which are 100% Weegie.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The manga was revived a few months ago. We get fewer chapters than before, but the ones we get are huge.
That said, I hope we dont get a ton of filler.
Well hopefully it doesn't go like HxH.

"Hey gaiz I'm coming out of hiatus!!
*writes 2 chapters*
*goes back on hiatus*"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's basically impossible to fix PAC-MAN
No matter how hard Sakurai sakutrys
Man, Pac man has had a rough experience this game.All those glitches finally did it! His body now lays lifeless!

Almost as bad as Sakurai must feel after seeing fans reactions to some of this game content!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This seems fun.

:4sonic:: My favorite video game character and favorite fictional character of all-time. I knew he would return, but that didn't stop me from getting excited for his Smash 4 reveal.

:4mario:: Another favorite game franchise of mine, he's a good all round character that's simple and fun to play with.

:4pacman:: My most wanted character in Smash 4 (besides Rayman). I supported him even when everyone was against him, and that day when he was revealed, oh boy, the hype was indeed real.

:4megaman:: I haven't played many Mega Man games (thinking of getting that collection 3DS) , but I do love the character and universe. The Blue Bomber is one of the best third party inclusions.

:4villager:: I fell in love with his moveset, I knew I wanted to play as him the moment I saw him. That, and he looks a lot like me.

:4littlemac:: I've never played Punch Out, but I really loved how he looked in his reveal trailer. I find him to be a really fun character.

:4pit:and :4palutena:: Got Uprising earlier in 2014, and played that game for 5 months straight. I loved all the characters and found the game to be very addicting, I wanted to play Pit in Smash 4, and Palutena became one of my most wanted characters. While I certainly prefer the former, I still find Palutena to be pretty fun with customs on.

:4duckhunt:: It's the Duck Hunt Dog, in Smash. Why would you not want to play as him?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why isn't there a Smash Bros Christmas Special?

I wanna watch :4mario::4link::4pikachu::4samus: save Santa Claus

Ivander

Smash Legend

Quite heartwarming to see Sakurai retweet fanart.

@PushDustIn Translation?
I don't blame him. That fanart is very awesome. So awesome it won't allow me to make it my background. Any ideas how to? All I'm getting is a black background.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't blame him. That fanart is very awesome. So awesome it won't allow me to make it my background. Any ideas how to? All I'm getting is a black background.
Transparency always comes up as black by default if you try to use images with transparency as your desktop background since...well, there is nothing to show through the transparency.

You'll have to put it onto some kind of background if you don't want the black background. Here's the full image if you want to try it.

Alternatively I can try to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom