• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Man I hit a roadblock in Xenoblade X

Word of Advice: Make sure you can handle high leveled mobs well without using a Skell by Chapter 9

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not bad enough for Etika to not make a video about it :V

Seriously, where is that man's revenue going to come from when Smash is all done?
Splatoon. But remember what Burb Burb sai, once a stupid leak pops up after Smash DLC ends and people are pushing that more characters are happening, Etika will be first to push it and report that garbage

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does anyone even know if Smash was part of last night's or tonight's maintenance?

So far, I'm hearing it's not.
IT was listed last night for having it, and supposedly it's coming back for more maintenance tonight.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
IT was listed last night for having it, and supposedly it's coming back for more maintenance tonight.
Sauce? Because I've seen nothing of the sort in regards to anything Smash related.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Bad MoM. No yaoi for a month D :<
I found out there are Shovel Knight leggings. brb, gon b fab and Shovelrous as ****
A month?! Oh well. I have not found any good Yaoi or Yaoi-ish animes in forever anyways. :c

And I just realised I am not sure if I will stay active here at all after hte Final Smash stuff is released.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

kylexv

Smash Master
I have a recommendation:
If something was to leak before the direct, it would be a good idea to let people know (without spoilers, of course) in the thread title.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Please consider staying. You're nice
See, now I feel bad for sounding like I am begging to be asked to stay. -w- I apologize.

However, thank you, Anna. I have not decided yet, but I only showed up here because of Smash 4, and I feel I wouldn't really do much good here when Smash 4 is finished. Plus, don't worry, Anna, there are plenty of nice people here as it is. XD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
See, now I feel bad for sounding like I am begging to be asked to stay. -w- I apologize.

However, thank you, Anna. I have not decided yet, but I only showed up here because of Smash 4, and I feel I wouldn't really do much good here when Smash 4 is finished. Plus, don't worry, Anna, there are plenty of nice people here as it is. XD
You're one of the more gentle people on the forum tho
I have a recommendation:
If something was to leak before the direct, it would be a good idea to let people know (without spoilers, of course) in the thread title.
Swamp confirmed guys

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Then idk.

No sites reported on Smash maintenance now that I'm looking, it's just weird now that a list pops up and Smash is nowhere to be found.
Yeah it is weird.

Sidenote:

Anyone able to trade me a 5iv treecko in ORAS or XY? I can trade a 5iv or even 6iv spheal for it.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
:079:
We discussed this yesterday. It actually came before the text and picture leaks. Still cool trailer and has some neat ideas in it.

Isn't maintenance done? It might not start till tomorrow actually.
I figured it was, I just wasn't going to wade through 20+ pages of posts to see if it had already been mentioned (and I figured other people may not have seen it either). Plus, it was also in reference to my previous post complaining about text leaks.

Besides, I would never attempt to take credit for discovering news first. I leave that to all the expert news hunters in this thread. Much more on point (and entertaining) than searching Google news. Most of the "news" there is either click bait or weeks/months oldl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It never said Smash. That's what I'm saying. But it also said the network as a whole was getting matinance so... I don't know anymore lmao.
Alright, we will learn of the maintenance for smash eventually, the longer we go without it the better! This way we won't have any leaks or very little if they do happen.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You're one of the more gentle people on the forum tho

Swamp confirmed guys
I have no idea how to reply to that without making it sound even more like I am begging for attention, so I'll just say, thank you kindly, Anna. I am not sure if that is true, but it did cheer me up. XD

An now I'd feel like a jerk to leave anyways, haha. I may become a little less active, but I guess I should keep up with this place for now. Just in case.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah if something leaks it should be put up in the title (a warning that is) but it's also just sort of tempting the fates being on this site in the first place in the next like 25 hours.

I'm gambling right now just by coming on here. Cloud reminded me how much I actually like Smash surprises.
Though part of that was just me being happy over getting Cloud. :p

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Alright, we will learn of the maintenance for smash eventually, the longer we go without it the better! This way we won't have any leaks or very little if they do happen.
But the longer we go without, the less likely Cloud is available after the Direct.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah if something leaks it should be put up in the title and whatnot but it's also just sort of tempting the fates being on this site in the first place in the next like 25 hours.

I'm gambling right now just by coming on here. Cloud reminded me how much I actually like Smash surprises.
Though part of that was just me being happy over getting Cloud. :p
Sakurai said relevancy matters, meaning Isaac would be a surprise :p

D

Deleted member

I don't want anyone to leave D:
This feels like the ending of one of those shows where all the main characters part into their own way and never meet again and it just feels sad
C'mon, Smash isn't the only thing this thread is about
It's about a bunch of weebs talking about animes, people making shameless plugs play EO and occasionaly getting into pointless arguments and this is exactly why we all love each other

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So on my wish list for christmas. I have put:

- That SlickWylde SlickWylde finally do a video on one of my level on SMM.

Yes, i haven't forget. And i am still waiting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't want anyone to leave D:
This feels like the ending of one of those shows where all the main characters part into their own way and never meet again and it just feels sad
C'mon, Smash isn't the only thing this thread is about
It's about a bunch of weebs talking about animes, people making shameless plugs play EO and occasionaly getting into pointless arguments and this is exactly why we all love each other
In that case...
Kill la Kill saved Christmas
Watch Kamen Ridr
Shovel Knight would be better than Banjo Kazooie

btw, are we still doing the dating sim or not?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With this being the final Smash show, it''ll also mean the last of new YouTube Poops of these Directs...

Let's see if we'll get one as good as these:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only character I'm fairly convinced we'll be seeing is Wolf, so any other character will end up surprising me. Even the ones I think are decently likely.

At this point getting Isaac will surprise me quite a bit. I could see getting a Mii costume of him though. Which I'd take partial credit for helping happen. xD

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There are a few reasons I think Ridley is a still possibility.
The first- this is the longest amount of time Sakurai has spent working on the roster of a game. He has stated he doesn't think about it between game development (though I still think that is questionable), and also, that he makes his rosters very early on in the development cycle. Instead, he started conceiving of extra characters for this game, if the ballot is in any way influential at all, as far back as a year ago with Mewtwo.
With that in mind, we also know that Sakurai is in support of Ridley as a character. He has stated he wants to stay true to the character, and has involved Ridley in every game to date. As with other characters, in between development, Sakurai has changed his mind regarding "If a character can work." All has taken was the right inspiration.
If, after this longest cycle of development, Sakurai is inspired, he won't ignore adding Ridley just because he "previously couldn't see him working." If he gets the vision, its going to happen.

Now, will he be inspired? Maybe. Not only has he had much time to consider characters, he has also, potentially been asking the audience for ideas on how to make characters work. If he managed a gander, somehow, at a Ridley that he felt work, he could be as inspired as he needs. Not exactly straw grasping to suggest maybe, the poll did have some validity in some capacities.

All that said, I do expect the attempt at something unexpected. But who knows?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
When did he even do the interview?
Also I think its time for an interesting bet, so here's the bet. If Wolf gets announced as a playable character tomorrow, I will change my avatar to this for a week,

However if Wolf doesn't get announced as a playable character tomorrow, You will have to change your avatar to this,

So who's in?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I decided to make my own Bingo board for Direct since other people are giving it a shot.

In order to create the authentic Burb experience, most of it is based around negativity, salt, and broken dreams!

Since we're little over 24 hours away from the broadcast....

Here's an alternate bingo board.

This one is the complete opposite of the first. Overly optimistic, unrealistic expectations, and stuff people think is inevitable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
At this point it's less "who I want in" and more "who will piss off the fanbase less". It's harder than you'd think.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There are a few reasons I think Ridley is a still possibility.
The first- this is the longest amount of time Sakurai has spent working on the roster of a game. He has stated he doesn't think about it between game development (though I still think that is questionable), and also, that he makes his rosters very early on in the development cycle. Instead, he started conceiving of extra characters for this game, if the ballot is in any way influential at all, as far back as a year ago with Mewtwo.
With that in mind, we also know that Sakurai is in support of Ridley as a character. He has stated he wants to stay true to the character, and has involved Ridley in every game to date. As with other characters, in between development, Sakurai has changed his mind regarding "If a character can work." All has taken was the right inspiration.
If, after this longest cycle of development, Sakurai is inspired, he won't ignore adding Ridley just because he "previously couldn't see him working." If he gets the vision, its going to happen.

Now, will he be inspired? Maybe. Not only has he had much time to consider characters, he has also, potentially been asking the audience for ideas on how to make characters work. If he managed a gander, somehow, at a Ridley that he felt work, he could be as inspired as he needs. Not exactly straw grasping to suggest maybe, the poll did have some validity in some capacities.

All that said, I do expect the attempt at something unexpected. But who knows?
I can see Ridley happening.
Next game.

The only way I can see Ridley happening is through some visual tweaking, which I don't think they'll take the time to do for DLC.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm just really busy. And I might have to cancel the contest. Your level might be the last video I make.
What? You decide to give up? But......I really liked you're video. :(

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Since we're little over 24 hours away from the broadcast....

Here's an alternate bingo board.

This one is the complete opposite of the first. Overly optimistic, unrealistic expectations, and stuff people think is inevitable.
lol almost nobody wants Anna, I personaly forget about her when considering Smash characters most of the time. Then again, Geno. Which one of these would you actually want Burb? I'm curious
When did he even do the interview?
Also I think its time for an interesting bet, so here's the bet. If Wolf gets announced as a playable character tomorrow, I will change my avatar to this for a week,

However if Wolf doesn't get announced as a playable character tomorrow, You will have to change your avatar to this,

So who's in?
Doesn't Sub already have a bet about this?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
lol almost nobody wants Anna, I personaly forget about her when considering Smash characters most of the time. Then again, Geno. Which one of these would you actually want Burb? I'm curious

Doesn't Sub already have a bet about this?
This is just a personal bet. Plus mines got more spice added to it. (Teletubbies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom