• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What? You decide to give up? But......I really liked you're video. :(
We'll see, it's just a lot of work to make these videos and get 10 views lol.

Burb Burb You scared me for a minute, before I saw your explanation at the bottom. I'm curious though, do you think there'll be any newcomers announced after Cloud?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yeah but you're advertising a franchise, on another company's system where you would probably make less money that what you make when doing first party character is less expensive with where you'll get more money for it.

It's like when Rare had GBA games of Banjo and Conker. They were probably in development before the buyout and was just released around that buyout.

You also forgot the argument over Ike's moveset with him having no projectile

Now you're implying Nintendo won't do it. I thought you were saying Microsoft wouldn't allow them to.

Snake was in Brawl. Cloud is a DLC now, I am fairly certain FF7 remake will not make it into Nintendo NX. Ryu is in Smash too.

Lots of chars which are advertising franchises on other consoles and which probably generate less money than making a first party.

As Sakurai said: "it's all about fanservice now".

Also remember that Amiibos are a thing. And they cose upwards of 10 bucks. Do you know how much Ryu and Cloud Amiibos will sell? Much more than the DLC for any character ever will. And they cost more too.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Since we're little over 24 hours away from the broadcast....

Here's an alternate bingo board.

This one is the complete opposite of the first. Overly optimistic, unrealistic expectations, and stuff people think is inevitable.
I remember playing Grabbed by the Ghoulies when I was younger. It wasn't that great.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think with only 25 hours to go until we actually find this thing out for reals, and factoring in a good 8 hours of sleep makes it just 17 hours of conciousness... It's actually not worth knowing beforehand even if it does leak now. So with this I'm going to depart the speculation community for the time being.

Be it disappointment, or be it hype. I'll take it as it comes.

I'll be hoping against hope for these guys.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We'll see, it's just a lot of work to make these videos and get 10 views lol.

Burb Burb You scared me for a minute, before I saw your explanation at the bottom. I'm curious though, do you think there'll be any newcomers announced after Cloud?
Well it's been quite some time you didn't post a video. So maybe that's why you don't get alot of view.

But really, if this is helping in any way. You be sure i will watch all of you're video on SMM. I will be always here watching you're video.

Now, i have to go. Gud'night.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's true that Sakurai might come around on Ridley (by Smash 5, not this time) but the people who seem to forget that not only has Ridley already been a popular request for over a decade (with no playable status to show for it), but Sakurai coming around on ideas still happens less frequently than him just sticking to his guns. And when he does, it's usually because he has reason to re-evaluate (Namco's involvement, AC and Miis becoming a lot more prolific). So... yeah, I'm just not expecting Ridley in Smash at all at this point. Unless someone else takes the reigns of the series in the future.

At this point it's less "who I want in" and more "who will piss off the fanbase less". It's harder than you'd think.
Wolf, Inkling, K. Rool, Banjo/Snake.

Would make the fanbase pretty happy.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Since we're little over 24 hours away from the broadcast....

Here's an alternate bingo board.

This one is the complete opposite of the first. Overly optimistic, unrealistic expectations, and stuff people think is inevitable.
This the scariest thing I have ever seen you post Burb. I'm sorry, but this much positivity unsettles me deeply.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
25 hours remaining!

The ride is about to come to an end. From Satoru Iwata's (RIP) announcement at E3 2012 that there would be a Smash Bros. on 3DS and Wii U to the very last presentation dedicated to the game just tomorrow, it's been 3 and a half years.

Now, another chapter of Smash Bros. speculation is about to end. It's best to remember one thing: whatever content is revealed tomorrow, let's all enjoy it to the fullest. After all, games are meant to be fun.

Let's all look forward to the moment the hype train arrives at the Final Destination.

D

Deleted member

Wait, 25 hours left? When's the broadcast in Eastert Time?
In that case...
Kill la Kill saved Christmas
Watch Kamen Ridr
Shovel Knight would be better than Banjo Kazooie

btw, are we still doing the dating sim or not?
Sonic Adventure 2 isn't an anime! /originaljoke

Does my Wedlocke count?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
25 hours remaining!

The ride is about to come to an end. From Satoru Iwata's (RIP) announcement at E3 2012 that there would be a Smash Bros. on 3DS and Wii U to the very last presentation dedicated to the game just tomorrow, it's been 3 and a half years.

Now, another chapter of Smash Bros. speculation is about to end. It's best to remember one thing: whatever content is revealed tomorrow, let's all enjoy it to the fullest. After all, games are meant to be fun.

Let's all look forward to the moment the hype train arrives at the Final Destination.
It was at E3 2011.

Far, far too early.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But the longer we go without, the less likely Cloud is available after the Direct.
Honestly, regardless of maintenance or no maintenance, I still firmly believe cloud is indeed coming tomorrow with two others.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I remember playing Grabbed by the Ghoulies when I was younger. It wasn't that great.
That's the point.

Ghoulies was a flop.

People would expect to see Banjo, Steve, or Master Chief in the Microsoft section.

I picked a character from one of Rare's biggest failures.

lol almost nobody wants Anna, I personaly forget about her when considering Smash characters most of the time. Then again, Geno. Which one of these would you actually want Burb? I'm curious

Doesn't Sub already have a bet about this?
Of all the characters I speak negatively of on a regular basis, Anna is the only one I get chewed out for on the same scale as Ridley and Geno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Monolith Soft and Nintendo : "So, dear player, what are your thoughts on our product Xenoblade Chronicles X after 70 hours playing it ?"

Me :

D

Deleted member

No. Wedlocke isn't all too accurate
Of course it's accurate!
Love is just like a Wedlocke
You find your loved as the first one yo show up in the tall grass, throw balls at them, fight alongside them by following a 10-year old kid's orders, maybe lay some eggs in the day-care and then die tragically by a critical hit while your partner avenges you with their own hands
Are you telling me this is NOT how love works?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Getting a "Microsoft rep" implies the characters would get in due to being Microsoft characters. As if the company is first and the characters second.

Which is pretty much the opposite of why Banjo would get in lol.

Chief would get in because he's a gaming icon, and Steve would get in because I herd all the kids these days like playing that digital lego building game and now it's on the Wii U only two years too late.

None of them would get in because they're Microsoft characters.

The latter two almost definitely won't get in anyway. And Banjo is still pretty iffy.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think all the remaining characters are newcomers, actually.

Getting a "Microsoft rep" implies the characters would get in due to being Microsoft characters. As if the company is first and the characters second.

Which is pretty much the opposite of why Banjo would get in lol.

Chief would get in because he's a gaming icon, and Steve would get in because I herd all the kids these days like playing that digital lego building game and now it's on the Wii U only two years too late.

None of them would get in because they're Microsoft characters.

The latter two almost definitely won't get in anyway. And Banjo is still pretty iffy.
I'm fully aware.

I'm just putting Banjo under the Microsoft umbrella because he's owned by Microsoft, and it's better than using three spots on Banjo, Steve, and Master Chief.

Given the fact that the sudden resurgence of Banjo support was sparked by the Wii U Minecraft port, I don't see any sort of issue with it, anyway. Of course he wouldn't be getting in just because he's a Microsoft character.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't believe we'll see Microsoft assets in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Don't care what Microsoft/Rare/Phil Spencer has said or done.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Ya, know....while I think that leak is as fake as butt implants, I'd actually be completely fine with it. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Wolf were in my top six favorite characters to play in brawl and them getting in mean that all of my Brawl favorites would be in smash. And Tails would be a solid choice. Even though I'd prefer Bayonetta as a new Sega rep, Tails is the more likely choice.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well I guess 3DS-exclusive content is that negative

muh wii u content
Uhhh.....the 3DS content part is on the positive list.

As a single player game, I actually like the 3DS version better than the Wii U version, fyi.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm fully aware.

I'm just putting Banjo under the Microsoft umbrella because he's owned by Microsoft, and it's better than using three spots on Banjo, Steve, and Master Chief.

Given the fact that the sudden resurgence of Banjo support was sparked by the Wii U Minecraft port, I don't see any sort of issue with it, anyway. Of course he wouldn't be getting in just because he's a Microsoft character.
That seems like almost a disservice to Banjo, considering the dissonance between his whole situation and that of the other M$ characters, but yeah, I get it.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think all the remaining characters are newcomers, actually.

I'm fully aware.

I guess I meant "How many more". Do you think there'll be two more based on the "Placeholder" theory? At this point, I cannot even give a guess as to who might be revealed. 0 clue. And I kinda like that.

Except for Ridley. He's a skew in for sure.

Last edited:

Soul.

Uhhh.....the 3DS content part is on the positive list.

As a single player game, I actually like the 3DS version better than the Wii U version, fyi.
I know, which is why I said it was negative.

The positive list was more about unrealistic things people would expect, no? 3DS content would be reasonable but at this point that's up in the air; if they do show it I'll be okay with that.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
That seems like almost a disservice to Banjo, considering the dissonance between his whole situation and that of the other M$ characters, but yeah, I get it.
There was already a lot of character-related spots on the bingo board, so I condensed a few of the ideas I had into a single spot. It's also why Dixie and K. Rool, and Snake and Wolf are paired up, too.

I'm a pretty huge fan of the Banjo series, and I know its glory days were on the N64. Wasn't trying to undermine his importance to Nintendo by calling him a Microsoft character.

He'll always be a Nintendo guy deep down, regardless of M$ holding the rights to him.

I guess I meant "How many more". Do you think there'll be two more based on the "Placeholder" theory? At this point, I cannot even give a guess as to who might be revealed. 0 clue. And I kinda like that.

Except for Ridley. He's a skew in for sure.
Yeah, I believe the placeholders are all that remain, and it's Cloud plus two newcomers from the ballot (if myself, @PushDustIn, and all the others who feel veterans are done end up wrong, I think it's Cloud, a ballot newcomer, and Wolf filling in the late-added Mario placeholder).

I do think there's a chance of there being one more beyond that, but I think anything above 3+Cloud is unrealistic. 2+Cloud is the safest bet.

I have no clue who the newcomer will be. I think first party, but that's about it. If there's a veteran, it's Wolf, no question.

I know, which is why I said it was negative.

The positive list was more about unrealistic things people would expect, no? 3DS content would be reasonable but at this point that's up in the air; if they do show it I'll be okay with that.
The positive list was a mixture of unrealistic stuff (Ridley, Geno, Anna, Adventure Mode), stuff people think is inevitable (Inklings, DK Newcomer, M$ character, Wolf, Snake), and some stuff that would just be cool that I don't see happening (Fountain of Dreams, 3DS love).

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Since Cloud is probably going to be available sometime this week. Here's a random Final Fantasy question. What's everyone's top 5 favourite job classes from the series?

In no order for me:

1.Black Mage
2.Dragoon
3.Dark Knight
4.Samurai
5.Ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom