• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah the game definately feels incomplete, I know they put alot of hard work into the game, but there's just a few things that feel untouched... (Also I see a dataminer lurking the thread! (Sorry if I blew your cover!))

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah the game definately feels incomplete, I know they put alot of hard work into the game, but there's just a few things that feel untouched...
Still I'm not surprised as they most likely weren't finished. Given more time I'm sure they would have been more complete.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isaac and Lyn look a lot better than Knuckles and Sami.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Still I'm not surprised as they most likely weren't finished. Given more time I'm sure they would have been more complete.
Here are two alts that were supposed to be in the game in a later patch...
Kongo Jungle 64 was also going to get a graphical update ala all the other N64 stages...

Mewtwo and Roy could've gotten their own Trophies and Codecs...

Possibly Major Bug fixes...

Possibly Additional modes...

Possibly more events for the Subspace Emissary...

And five additional characters. (But we already know who four were)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. Let the datamining begin.
upload_2015-12-2_16-17-16.png
Not really expecting much to come out of it, but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Nuzzy update
These take some time to write but I enjoy doing them, so I would like some feedback if possible

This time: abusing the healing abilities of a lost girl in the woods!
Ah, a forest, this brings me back good memories
*Ilex Forest flashbacks*
Actually, nevermind
"Oh! Are you a trainer?"
Uhm, yes, why do you ask?
"My name is Cheryl, pleased to meet you. My mother asked me to deliver a package to my aunt who is on Eterna City but I cannot find the path out of this forest!"
Why do I feel like I already heard this story somewhere else before
"Please, good trainer, will you help me?"
You don't even know me! Didn't your mom teach you to not talk to strangers? I could be a murderer for all you know!
*Cheryl joined you*
Oh, COME ON, you didn't even give me a yes or no option, the game isn't even trying to hide it anymore!
"Well then, let's be on our way! I'll help you in battle with my Chansey!"
>5 base attack
>Egg Bomb/Soft-boiled/Refresh
I think I'm good on my own

*random encounter*
Two Pokemon at the same time? It's like this game hates Nuzlockers!
Let's see
>Budew
Already have Opossum
>Buneary
Ok, guess that's my catc--
>Chansey used Egg Bomb!
What are you doing!? Attack the Budew not the Buneary!!
>Chansey used Egg Bomb! Chansey's attack missed!
I'm not risking it, Opossum, paralyze that *****
>Opossum used Stun Spore Chansey is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
*sigh* now let's catch it
>Gotcha! Buneary was caught!
Side note: I already posted Buneary's(Sonomura) stats yesterday so whoops?

*some other random battle*
>Sonomura was poisoned
No no no no no NO NO NO NO
I just caught you, don't you DARE die on me now
"I can fix that"
Because I swear if you d-- wait, what?
"I can heal your Pokemon anytime you want! I'll keep them healed while we're in the forest!"
You will what now when?
"I said I'll heal your Pokemon"
*sudden realization*
WHOOPS! SILLY ME! WE WERE GOING THE WRONG WAY! THE RIGHT PATH IS THROUGH THERE!
"But there is a lot of tall grass that way, are you sure about that?"
Cheryl, look at me, Cheryl. Do you trust your life to this random guy you just met who is wearing a skirt in the middle of a forest?
"I... guess so?
Wait, you're a guy?"
Alright, you have to cherish these moments
"Was that supposed to be a pun?
Because it was really bad"
So. Let's. Do. A. Training montage!
"What!?"
But I can't do it with text, oh well, I guess I'll leave how it went up to imagination

"What are you talking about?"
Now, let's see

>Teh Anna wants to learn Self-Destruct
Haha, not today Satan
>Sonomura wants to learn Frustation
Just why? No, just, no
*checks Bulbapedia*
>Buneary is the only non-Legendary Pokemon who has a base friendship of 0
Now I get it
You are never evolving because you hate me
>What? Swampasaur is evolving!
Oh my god! Yes!
>Congratulations! Your Swampasaur evolved into Grotle
That's not an Ivysaur but I'll take it
Now it's your turn Opossum
*runs back and forth for 5 minutes*
*reachs Lv. 18*
>no evolution
WHAT? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO FOR YOU TO LOVE ME? DO I HAVE TO BE CHROM? WHAT? JUST TELL ME! I NEED TO UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE!
"Hey!"
What do YOU want?
"Look, I realized that this is not the right way"
And what made you think that?
"The fact that we've been in here for hours and that you've been running into wild Pokemon on purpose"
I didn't expect an NPC to be that self aware.
"What did you jjst call me!?"
But that doesn't matter, we are not getting out of here until I finish my training. And since you need MY help, there is bothing you can do about it!
"Oh yeah? How about this?"
What IS this?
"It's a Soothe Bell"
And?
"It increases the friendship of the Pokemon who holds it"
...state your conditions, boss!
Next time: Eterna City and LORE
Catch a female Absol or Shinx/Luxio so I can join already...

Although having an Absol appear, may not bod well for one of your couples :troll:

D

Deleted member

Catch a female Absol or Shinx/Luxio so I can join already...

Although having an Absol appear, may not bod well for one of your couples :troll:
Actually, I just caught you, but I'll leave that for the next update
I just need to beat the area trainers and catch a Pokemkn in Mt. Coronet

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Can I go off on a bit of a tangent for a moment.

A week or so ago, well known data miner RandomTBush RandomTBush went on Twitter and posted he was depressed. The reason? People attacking him for "leaking" Ryu and Roy. Now, before I get into the meat, something worth clarifying, this man was not even the first person to leak the data files from back then.

And yet, the community, the Smash community is taking it on themselves to attack him because they didn't get a Cloud moment then too. I'd like to think I know you guys well, so I sure hope none of you would be this petty, but this goes out to those haters as a whole. Grow the **** up. Was Ryu and Roy leaked? Yes, they were, thus ruining the sense of surprise when we saw them. However, how stupid and entitled do you have to be to attack the guy for it. This wasn't some I heard it from my Dad at Nintendo, he was doing the community a service by helping to VERIFY the leak when it happened, just like he data mines as a service to the community.

Tbush, I hope you don't take it to personally, because anyone attacking you is an idiot, and the fact people are going out of there way to send hate his way over characters in a video game is absolutely appalling. You shouldn't feel sorry for what you did, you should be thanked for what you do for the community, and helping shed light on that leak to avoid months of dumb arguing that leaks bring (of course that still happened from people being unhappy but that's unavoidable). To any of you haters, 're-evaluate your priorities because as far as I'm concerned, you're the ones who deserve what you're saying.

#Pipebomb
Nobody deserves to get mobbed over something as silly as this. Hope Bush doesn't get attacked anymore, he's an innocent person in this situation. Bush, if you read this, I hope you'll accept a free internet hug from me
That's actually not the source of my depression thankfully, the few people (and I do mean "few", it was only about 4 on that day) who pestered me about it I just ended up ignoring. I've dealt with too many others already who don't appreciate the things I do over on the Garry's Mod Workshop (there are some real unappreciative jerks over there, I tell ya), so I guess you could say I've been "hardened" by harsh comments.

I would explain the full story about why I was depressed, but it's really embarrassing for me and I'd rather try to forget what I had done. Short story, though, I almost caused a fire at my house because of a simple mistake, and my smart-aleck friend who's been crashing at my place for the past few years (his father kicked him out since he couldn't get a job) would constantly harass me about what just happened and calling me an idiot because of which (it's different to be insulted in real life than typing words to someone online, I feel), not to mention him gloating about how he's been making money from disability and how I'm the only person in the household who has no source of income because all of my job attempts in the past year haven't found me anything due to my busy neighbourhood.

tl;dr: Nothing to do with the Roy/Ryu leak, I just goofed pretty bad. Thanks for caring about me, though! :estatic:

Starlight_Lily

Actually, I just caught you, but I'll leave that for the next update
I just need to beat the area trainers and catch a Pokemkn in Mt. Coronet
Oh cool, I'm an Absol right? Just a quick question though, are you using my username when its spelled correctly, Bladezer or the incorrect spelling of bladzer?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh hi RandomBush. How are you today?

Also in other news I got through the Etrian Odyssey demo. And good Lord I didn't expect to be this big. Like, it took over an hour and a half when most take ten minutes at most. Still I liked what I saw even if I just barely understood most of it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
That's actually not the source of my depression thankfully, the few people (and I do mean "few", it was only about 4 on that day) who pestered me about it I just ended up ignoring. I've dealt with too many others already who don't appreciate the things I do over on the Garry's Mod Workshop (there are some real unappreciative jerks over there, I tell ya), so I guess you could say I've been "hardened" by harsh comments.

I would explain the full story about why I was depressed, but it's really embarrassing for me and I'd rather try to forget what I had done. Short story, though, I almost caused a fire at my house because of a simple mistake, and my smart-aleck friend who's been crashing at my place for the past few years (his father kicked him out since he couldn't get a job) would constantly harass me about what just happened and calling me an idiot because of which (it's different to be insulted in real life than typing words to someone online, I feel), not to mention him gloating about how he's been making money from disability and how I'm the only person in the household who has no source of income because all of my job attempts in the past year haven't found me anything due to my busy neighbourhood.

tl;dr: Nothing to do with the Roy/Ryu leak, I just goofed pretty bad. Thanks for caring about me, though! :estatic:
Wait? I didn't know you had a Smash Boards account! Well I guess welcome to the thread then!

Also, glad to hear the people on twitter aren't getting to you. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh cool, I'm an Absol right? Just a quick question though, are you using my username when its spelled correctly, Bladezer or the incorrect spelling of bladzer?
1-I'm at Eterna City, of course not :p
2-bladzer, I try go be as accurate as possible to the actual username

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The characters are unfinished, unpolished, unbalanced and, ultimately, unplayable. I understand why people are excited, but they aren't worth the bandwidth. You'll play them for a couple minutes and then the novelty will wear off when the reality sets in. They weren't officially released because they were not up to the standard the rest of the game was.

Whoever released this build is an underhanded ass.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

*hugs* It'll all be okay, hell, there should be something like an Uitkering in the US, money you get if you can't get a job.

ALSO PEOPLE MENTIONED PM LEAKS. I DEMAND VIDEO FOOTAGE, WITH AS MUCH OF THEIR MOVESETS AS POSSIBLE!

D

Deleted member

Oh hi RandomBush. How are you today?

Also in other news I got through the Etrian Odyssey demo. And good Lord I didn't expect to be this big. Like, it took over an hour and a half when most take ten minutes at most. Still I liked what I saw even if I just barely understood most of it.
Which one did you play? All three have a demo on the eshop

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The characters are unfinished, unpolished, unbalanced and, ultimately, unplayable. I understand why people are excited, but they aren't worth the bandwidth. You'll play them for a couple minutes and then the novelty will wear off when the reality sets in. They weren't officially released because they were not up to the standard the rest of the game was.

Whoever released this build is an underhanded ***.
I don't care if they are finished or not. I want to see what movesets were given

Starlight_Lily

1-I'm at Eterna City, of course not :p
2-bladzer, I try go be as accurate as possible to the actual username
So Shinx/Luxio, right?

Well my actual username is supposed to be Bladezer, shame I can't change it without a premium account, but it isn't the end of the world for me.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Whoever released this build is an underhanded ***.
Well, there's also the chance others might take the time to finish them. Ultimately though, I do understand your perspective on the issue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I forget the exact name, but it was the one with a forest dungeon (and a guy named Flavio).
>Forest dungeon
That's like saying Pokemon is that game where a professor gives you a choice between 3 startes lol
But Flavio is from Untold 2 so mystery solved :p
And good on you, U2 is the best one
Bertrand is best character and Flavio is best husbando

So Shinx/Luxio, right?

Well my actual username is supposed to be Bladezer, shame I can't change it without a premium account, but it isn't the end of the world for me.
Dupes clause on, Oni is already a Luxio, sorry
And I know how you feel about the username but what is engraved on the site is what is canon! Enough of your headcanons

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Welp.

Wish me luck.

Gonna ask a girl out later today.

This shall be interesting.
"Does you like Grass types? 'Cuz I suck. Because I have 'Gigadrain.'"
"I'd show you how to Petal Dance, but that's the wrong Grass/Poison Pokemon."
"Girl, when you're around, I want to leaf."
"You're like the sun - when you're nearby, it makes me grow."

Good luck, Scampasaur!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I will say this. 2015 has probably been one of the saddest years for Nintendo fans in a really long time. We've had...

1.) Satoru Iwata pass away in July.
2.) Project M Ceased Development Abruptly
3.) Club Nintendo Discontinued

This has certainly been a year of sadness and extreme change.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

>Forest dungeon
That's like saying Pokemon is that game where a professor gives you a choice between 3 startes lol
But Flavio is from Untold 2 so mystery solved :p
And good on you, U2 is the best one
Bertrand is best character and Flavio is best husbando

Dupes clause on, Oni is already a Luxio, sorry
And I know how you feel about the username but what is engraved on the site is what is canon! Enough of your headcanons
So no Absol or Luxio then D:

You know I really wish I could be a Absol or Luxio in Mystery Dungeon.

And I swear if any of you respond with Super Mystery Dungeon Spoilers, you're going straight on ignore.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I will say this. 2015 has probably been one of the saddest years for Nintendo fans in a really long time. We've had...

1.) Satoru Iwata pass away in July.
2.) Project M Ceased Development Abruptly
3.) Club Nintendo Discontinued

This has certainly been a year of sadness and extreme change.
There's even more then that...
The list goes on for a while unfortunately... :(

D

Deleted member

And I swear if any of you respond with Super Mystery Dungeon Spoilers, you're going straight on ignore.
You have to kill your son at the end
[/Spoiler]

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I mean they arenn't starters, but you could recruit as you could in the past games and then be them.
You have to kill your son at the end
[/Spoiler]
Ssssh that's a different game's ending.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game
A lot of people play it for the story, I didn't want any plots spoiled in PMD, and was very happy that I didn't see any.
Good he was an ungrateful prick anyway :p

Also that isn't a serious spoiler is it?
No you have no family as always. Plus your a child so if you had a kid, it be weird...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom