• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Today's category on Jeopardy:

Things You Should Never EVER do with your Yarn Yoshi amiibos.
I'm gonna say it's name three times. Maybe I'd get to star in my own horror or fantasy adventure movie. .....then again Hollywood would screw it up.

Yeah, I don't see any harm in letting it borrow the car. :p

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The best thing about the new Samurai Jack is that Genndy is coming back to work on it.

That means it won't suck.

THAT MEANS IT WON'T SUCK.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Though, I am curious what they mean by the third option...
Yarn Yoshi Amiibo
Yarn Yoshi Amiibo
Yarn Yoshi Amiibo
And just like that, we never saw substitution again.

Why would you let it borrow your car? You don't even lend it to your best friend why would you lend it to Yarn Yoshi?

Also, it's always after midnight
Because, well, it's the first time of the day
I'm gonna say it's name three times. Maybe I'd get to star in my own horror or fantasy adventure movie. .....then again Hollywood would screw it up.

Yeah, I don't see any harm in letting it borrow the car. :p
My Yarn Yoshi is a very responsible driver! He only hit 3 trees this month.
Im very unsettled that theres no way around this T-T
It's still funny though.
I think the better question is which one should you do.
I think the correct answer is to not say its name 3 times.

Because that's just annoying. I totally trust my Yarn Yoshi to be a responsible driver and snacker.
I chose feeding it after midnight since Yoshi eats everything anyway.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wow, December has been a great month for us so far!

- My morning class got cancelled
- New Pokken fighter next week
- Final Smash Direct this month
- Christmas break
- Samurai Jack getting a new season

Holy. Chestnuts.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Are you guys ready for your daily intake of salt?

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/318640934/so-nintendo-has-enough-time-to-kill-project-m-but
Check it out.

The best thing about the new Samurai Jack is that Genndy is coming back to work on it.

That means it won't suck.

THAT MEANS IT WON'T SUCK.
I don't know, Christy Wui came back for Xialion Chronicles and that sucked.

But what makes it better is that Gendy isn't screwed by Canadian laws and has all the assets for characters, plots and story and it's just a new season so continuation than a new series.

It's just keeping it going. That and it's on Adult Swim and aside from Stoner shows, they can do some amazing stuff

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
HOLY ****

This is massive here

Edit: Paging @Robotnik Claus
Finally, I can get closure! I hope you make it back hope Jack, you will get back to the past one day!

I just had a dream that the smash broadcast happened and Daisy wearing her sports outfit was confirmed. I'm scared.

Sad to see what happen to Project M and what a new Samurai Jack? YES!!
What exactly is scary about the version of Daisy most people want playable being confirmed for Smash exactly? She isn't that bad, she isn't Goku or the minions after all.

Unless in the dream she was just a Peach clone, but was wearing her sports outfit, instead of her dress.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The stuff included playable Mewtwo, Roy, Knuckles, & Lyn (Isaac was in it but unfinished/unplayable and Skull Kid wasn't mentioned). Reflex told us to tell no one about this.

So I got to chance to see/play those characters in action.

R.I.P. and I doubt someone else will try to pick up the project.
You knew about those characters before they got leaked?!

Gameplay footage was just released of scrapped Project M content.
Your updates and support will surely be missed.
All that work down the drain. I guess now we know that the model @vaanrose made for Sami was the one they were going to use.

Shame too, considering the likelyhood of an Advance Wars or a Golden Sun character getting added to an official Smash game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You knew about those characters before they got leaked?!

All that work down the drain. I guess now we know that the model @vaanrose made for Sami was the one they were going to use.

Shame too, considering the likelyhood of an Advance Wars or a Golden Sun character getting added to an official Smash game.
I wouldn't give up too soon on Isaac and we'll get an Advance Wars character when IS starts making the games again (they'll do it pretty soon once they are done with anything Fates and Codename: STEAM related)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
We're probably seeing a Shaq-fu trailer.
Shaq-Fu is one of my favorite games when I was younger. For no other reason than that ot has Shaq in it.

You have no idea how excited I will be if they announce a sequel.

I've realized that Youtube reactions go over well and are easy to make, so I just might have to record my live reactions to the Game Awards.

I wish Shaq-Fu was announced at E3 so that Shaq had a chance to be popular on the ballot. Shaq in Smash would be the most ridiculous thing ever.

EDIT: I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT SHAQ FU 2 WAS ALREADY CONFIRMED OH BABY YES

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And just like that, we never saw substitution again.
Oh I'm fine. Besides, Substitutes corrupted my soul long before Yarn Yoshi Amiibos were a thing (and anime picked up the leftovers). Though I do worry about those less fortunate.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wouldn't give up too soon on Isaac and we'll get an Advance Wars character when IS starts making the games again (they'll do it pretty soon once they are done with anything Fates and Codename: STEAM related)
Considering they confirmed that a new Advance Wars game was on the table and that it was a much more well-received franchise than Codename S.T.E.A.M., I wouldn't be surprised to see a new one for the NX Heck, the GBA VC release actually sold pretty well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Advance Wars NX

The Graphics and design could be amazing!
Announced alongside Mario City Simulator, The Legend of Zelda Modern Warfare, Donkey Kong Country X-Treme: Killer K. Rool's Revengeance, Metroid Go-Karting, Pokemon Basketball featuring Shaquille O' Neal, The Mysterious Murasame-Amie, F-Zero Platformer and Gangsterdorf: The King of Pimps? :troll:

in-Jokes aside, I wonder if it would look similar to Valkyria Chronicles.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Announced alongside Mario City Simulator, The Legend of Zelda Modern Warfare, Donkey Kong Country X-Treme: Killer K. Rool's Revengeance, Metroid Go-Karting, Pokemon Basketball featuring Shaquille O' Neal, The Mysterious Murasame-Amie, F-Zero Platformer and Gangsterdorf: The King of Pimps? :troll:

in-Jokes aside, I wonder if it would look similar to Valkyria Chronicles.
Even if joking, I would totally play pokemon baseball, Gangsterdorf, and Legend of Zelda Modern Warfare.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Don't see anything in the picture that could actually tease something.

It may nothing for all we know.
Yeah, most probably not. Just interesting that they used Smash for it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Knuckles seems mostly finished. Lyn's down-b appears unfinished.
His grey colour is a reference to Storm the Albatross from the Sonic Riders spin-offs.

Also, considering the great knockback on Lyn's arrow, I wonder if she is using Killer Bow. It makes sense thematically as she is a Myrmidion/Swordmaster-style Lord and in the Swordmaster class for the GbA FE games, instead of getting a new weapon upon promotion, they got a significant increase in Critical Hit chance. Not that she got said bonus upon promotion, but I wonder if it was an indirect reference to that fact.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We don't talk about THAT

I wasn't counting THIS when I looked up Mega Man's Nintendo history but holy ****, Bomberman had a Virtual Boy game!?
Fun fact, due to this game here:

Some version of Shin Megami Tensei would also have appeared in some capacity on every Nintendo console...except for the fact that Atlus pretty much skipped out on Nintendo home consoles during the N64 and Gamecube years.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So how do I get the files to work? I have the codeset and the torrent, do I just add them into my current pm file?
EDIT Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom