• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

For anyone interested, here's a new GameXplain discussion.

Watched it hours ago.

And I pretty much agree with them on everything, it likely won't be as huge as last year. But a brand new Star Fox trailer/gameplay snippet would be appreciated (seriously, I'm glad they're fixing up the graphics... but we still don't know anything that we hadn't known for 6 months).

So what I think we could see is...
  • Star Fox Zero trailer or just gameplay
  • Xenoblade X launch trailer, because this would be a great last ditch effort to promote the game (that has been severely undermarketed)
  • Federation Force, if Nintendo is ballsy enough they could do it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it were under going a retool which is why it's the one game from E3 we've heard the least about
  • Pokken, unlikely as there's already a character teased for the 10th but eh
  • Smash Broadcast date, unlikely too, buuuuut stranger things have happened
  • TPHD gameplay, this makes the most sense right after Star Fox Zero
Obviously I don't think ALL of these will happen, just one or 2 at most.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
It's a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game
To be fair most Mystery Dungeon fans plays these games for their story, because the Explorers games has to be the closest thing you have to a really dark story in the whole Pokemon Franchise, yes even outranking Gen 5 imo.

Z25 Z25 I can confirm Super Mystery Dungeon is atleast story wise the second best in the dungeon series :)

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I mean they arenn't starters, but you could recruit as you could in the past games and then be them.

Ssssh that's a different game's ending.
I'd rather just start the game and be an Absol or Shinx, and from when I played Blue Rescue Team, you couldn't swap out party leaders until you beat the game.

It's a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game
what do you mean by that? That's hardly a spoiler

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair most Mystery Dungeon fans plays these games for their story, because the Explorers games has to be the closest thing you have to a really dark story in the whole Pokemon Franchise, yes even outranking Gen 5 imo.

Z25 Z25 I can confirm Super Mystery Dungeon is atleast story wise the second best in the dungeon series :)
I know, it's so good! I beat a few days ago, and it was really well executed. Don't know if it tops Sky for me though, but it's close.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A lot of people play it for the story, I didn't want any plots spoiled in PMD, and was very happy that I didn't see any.

No you have no family as always. Plus your a child so if you had a kid, it be weird...
I was spoiling the fact it's a PMD game
ALSO IT'S FOR THE 3DS MYEHEHEHEEEEE
And SK's amiibo got released early in Europe? THE NETHERLANDS?! @Robotnik Claus I WANT ONE! Also, you said you didn't want to post here again or something, any reason why?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd rather just start the game and be an Absol or Shinx, and from when I played Blue Rescue Team, you couldn't swap out party leaders until you beat the game.

what do you mean by that? That's hardly a spoiler
This reminded me,shinx was a starter in sky, I wish he was in this to....

Chrono.

Yeah, I don't like that they went with only starters + Pikachu.

I'm particularly shocked at no Eevee, considering it's basically an unofficial starter at this point. Same for Riolu because Lucario is a pretty big Pokemon face.

Starlight_Lily

A lot of people play it for the story, I didn't want any plots spoiled in PMD, and was very happy that I didn't see any.

No you have no family as always. Plus your a child so if you had a kid, it be weird...
Well you can make newly borns in mainline Pokemon games as soon as they hatch, so it wouldn't be that weird, but yeah, would be weird if you had a family considering the way Mystery Dungeon games start.

He was? O darn, really wish the Mystery dungeon just did it so all first stage evolutions where available to be the player character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I will say this. 2015 has probably been one of the saddest years for Nintendo fans in a really long time. We've had...

1.) Satoru Iwata pass away in July.
2.) Project M Ceased Development Abruptly
3.) Club Nintendo Discontinued

This has certainly been a year of sadness and extreme change.
I feel 2 and 3 are rather inconsequential. The former because it was really just a mod, one that already had the full Brawl roster + Mewtwo and Roy at that. It's not like an actual Smash game got canned. And the latter because it's getting replaced, this is just temporary. The rewards hadn't been good in a while anyway. At least in NA.

I'd say what's more worth getting upset over is all that's really shone this year has been Splatoon and Mario Maker. The rest have really only been blips on the radar. A bunch of games got delayed, others got rushed and are bad, most amiibos were nowhere to be found (for MSRP), Starfox looks eh and Metroid is FF, Nintendo was silent to the point of it being a detriment for almost half the year and their E3 was horrible. Plus all the other negatives they've dealt with this generation were still present.

Even for Nintendo that's pretty bad.

But most of it is in preparation to make 2016 a lot better so hopefully it kind of balances out.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

I'm particularly shocked at no Eevee, considering it's basically an unofficial starter at this point. Same for Riolu because Lucario is a pretty big Pokemon face.
Even as an Eevee fan, i'm not mad at Super Mystery Dungeons roster though, after the terrabad roster of Gates to Ifinity, I'm glad they atleast covered the bases in Super by giving players the choice of all the starters & the 2 Mascot Pokemon of the franchise

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I know I'm gonna be in the minority here but Xenoblade X and Smash DLC were the only things I expected this year, I got what I wanted and I am thoroughly satisfied.

Last edited:

Nirbion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nirbion
3DS FC
3093-7091-7179
Who else is excited for tomorrow's Game Awards 2015?

Kidding, I think it will be a decent show like last year. Goeff done a very good job organizing a cool show. It had some pacing-problems but it was WAY better then the Spike Awards (?) 2014. But I don't think we'll get some huge announcements. Especially not from Nintendo (even though they showed Zelda Wii U last year. But to be honest: The tribute to Iwata is going to be my highlight. I hope they don't mess that up (i don't think they will).

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I got some somewhat funny news for Yokai Watch fans.

I took my younger sibling out today to look for some "Santa Gifts". I was thinking Yokai Watch would be a great game for him. He's an average 9 year old boy. Likes cool stuff. Likes football. Likes Minecraft. All that.

I show him the game and he goes "Oh no I hate that". And I'm like "Why?"

He said he watched the show and hated it. He complained about a "Ghost that took over someone and makes them fart in the worst times". I had no clue what he was talking about, but maybe you guys do. He also said that every show ends with the characters dancing together to a "Dumb song" and that it is "Stupid."

Just wanted to relay what the series looks like to the average kid. It's gotta be hitting a certain audience though due to it's huge advertising campaign.

Just something pretty funny I thought I would share

Starlight_Lily

Hey Pikachu is a starter, don't go discrediting Yellow, its what got me into Pokemon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey Pikachu is a starter, don't go discrediting Yellow, its what got me into Pokemon.
Yellow more like yeah-no!

I took my younger sibling out today to look for some "Santa Gifts". I was thinking Yokai Watch would be a great game for him. He's an average 9 year old boy. Likes cool stuff. Likes football. Likes Minecraft. All that.

He said he watched the show and hated it. He complained about a "Ghost that took over someone and makes them fart in the worst times". I had no clue what he was talking about, but maybe you guys do. He also said that every show ends with the characters dancing together to a "Dumb song" and that it is "Stupid."

Just wanted to relay what the series looks like to the average kid. It's gotta be hitting a certain audience though due to it's huge advertising campaign.

For once, I'm proud of the kids of today

Starlight_Lily

Yellow feels like cheating, you shouldn't be able to get all three starters. :p
wait you can get all 3 other starters in Yellow?

And I won't have you lot bullying my starter Pikachu!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Yeah, eevvee surprised me the most. Still the selection is good, and some starters have some strong moves.
Well you can make newly borns in mainline Pokemon games as soon as they hatch, so it wouldn't be that weird, but yeah, would be weird if you had a family considering the way Mystery Dungeon games start.

He was? O darn, really wish the Mystery dungeon just did it so all first stage evolutions where available to be the player character.
True and yeah, in sky they added vulpix, shinx, riolu, eevee, and phanpy as starters. Or maybe it was munchlax over eevee...

Chrono.

Game's visuals still look too drab for my tastes.

But it's seems to be a solid game overall.

Also that announcer is sick

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
wait you can get all 3 other starters in Yellow?

Ans I won't have you lot bullying my starter Pikachu!
In that game you're basically Ash, so yeah. You get all three starters, Pikachu can't evolve, and you fight Jessie and James.

It's weird.

I'm getting Red because when I was little I had Blue but always wanted Red. But my brother got Red. So I stole his Mewtwo and put it on my Gold so he couldn't get it back. Ah to be nine. :awesome::evil:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So glad that we are probably getting G/S/C on the VC as well, I'm gonna complete the Pokédex cuz why not.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Just had to be Cheeksqueek huh, I had a feeling that would cause a stir.

I've seen far more kids in social media wanting Yo-kai Watch for Christmas. That one kid is the minority of the children I've seen.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

I've seen far more kids in social media wanting Yo-kai Watch for Christmas. That one kid is the minority of the children I've seen.
I mean it's just his opinion man.

I don't think most of the target audience (6-12 year olds) is on social media anyway. So I wouldn't say that's a good basis.

It's completely awesoem that your into it. I was just relaying something.

You're telling me a ghost that is essentially an ass with eyes.
makes people fart

Japan why.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Maybe the Japanese think that's funny.

I just think it's kinda gross tbh.

Say what you will about Pokemon, but they never had a Pokemon that was straight up an ass. They don't even have one that's a donkey so you clever clever kids can be all like "well technically there is an ass dur hur hur".

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I mean it's just his opinion man.

I don't think most of the target audience (6-12 year olds) is on social media anyway. So I wouldn't say that's a good basis.

It's completely awesome that your into it. I was just relaying something.
I just wanted to say something before people later assume that's the average kid's opinion on the show and game. You're fine! ^^

You're telling me a ghost that is essentially an *** with eyes.
makes people fart

Japan why.
They probably needed a Yo-kai to get the toilet humor audience interested.

Maybe the Japanese think that's funny.

I just think it's kinda gross tbh.

Say what you will about Pokemon, but they never had a Pokemon that was straight up an ***. They don't even have one that's a donkey so you clever clever kids can be all like "well technically there is an *** dur hur hur".
You get used to the weird Yo-kai designs once you play the game, it's part of the charm of Yo-kai Watch.

It's essentially a Earthbound monster-collecting RPG. As someone who played Mother and Undertale, I was hooked with the game. You can call it so many things to make people attracted to the game.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If I get any of the Gen 1 games it's probably Blue because it's what I had as a kid and I want :026:&:103: and I can't get that on Red or Yellow

Chrono.

You're telling me a ghost that is essentially an *** with eyes.
makes people fart

Japan why.
Oddly enough, the yokai that is (probably) based on it is a simple prankster, which was also seen as a fox in legends.

We could've had a farting fox instead.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
With the ending of PM. I'm actually working on a video explaining the actual possibility/case for a Melee HD.

Trust me. I know it's still a pipe dream. But I want to draw light to the reasons that it could be a profitable idea for Nintendo.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Aren't a lot of the monsters in Yokai Watch based on Japanese folklore or something? Cuz that might explain ***face there.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know you're gonna go Super Sayian when you're in the bathroom taking a **** and you read that Nintendo is having another Direct

Chrono.

Aren't a lot of the monsters in Yokai Watch based on Japanese folklore or something? Cuz that might explain assface there.
Some are, others are more or less ass pulled (pun fully intended) like cheeky over there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom